Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will win this year?
Ladainian Tomlinson 51 34.69%
Larry Johnson 6 4.08%
Frank Gore 28 19.05%
Steven Jackson 33 22.45%
Willie Parker 2 1.36%
Rudi Johnson 1 0.68%
Other? 26 17.69%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.
Default NFL Rushing Title?

Goes to who?
Old 05-09-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not the guy in your sig. I'm going Willie Parker or Steven Jackson, maybe LJ if he runs it 500 times.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give it to LT for now. He's still...LT, the same offensive line, and QB who can take the pressure off now. Have to see what Norv is going to do though.

If not him, I'd say Gore.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VOLTRON WINS RUSHING TITLE.

no. not really. i think... no.
really right now there's nothing that's stopping LT.
the line's still there, lorenzo neal is still a beast.

frank gore will also be good for 1700 yards again. LJ won't match last year. Willie Rolf and Will Shields? who are those guys?

Jackson will probably end up with the most YFS.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think LT will do best... LJ won't match last year with his O-line being weaker, Gore might be able to compete...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to go with a wild card and say that Willis McGahee behind that massive Baltimore OLine will win the rushing title. Don't hold me to it, but I think he will thrive as the centerpiece of the Baltimore offense.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm going to say Steven Jackson, he's gotten better every year. He has a good oline and if he can stay healthy. He has a shot to get it.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
supermario86
Rookie

supermario86 needs more cowbell.

LT it don't get better then him :)
supermario86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I'm going to go with a wild card and say that Willis McGahee behind that massive Baltimore OLine will win the rushing title. Don't hold me to it, but I think he will thrive as the centerpiece of the Baltimore offense.
A running back who averaged less than 4 yac going to a line that produced less 4 yac, doesn't like the normal formula for the rushing leader.

I'll go with LT. Great line plus a QB that a team will respect, although not so great he'll pass all the time.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:40 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Let me give you some hints.

He's 6'4", 265 pounds, and ran a 4.4 forty at his combine several years back. This will be his first year as a full time starter. He has a tendancy to embarrass defensive players, especailly guys from the secondary.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Steven Jackson, i just got a feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tiki Barber

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to go for Thomas Jones just because I've got a feeling he's going to have a huge year. I have a similar feeling about Travis Henry.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Let me give you some hints.

He's 6'4", 265 pounds, and ran a 4.4 forty at his combine several years back. This will be his first year as a full time starter. He has a tendancy to embarrass defensive players, especailly guys from the secondary.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
He said he ran in the 4.4's, not the 4.2's.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, Homer Simpson ran a 4.2 minute 40.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-09-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
A running back who averaged less than 4 yac going to a line that produced less 4 yac, doesn't like the normal formula for the rushing leader.

I'll go with LT. Great line plus a QB that a team will respect, although not so great he'll pass all the time.
The Ravens had some injuries on the OLine last year, and Jamal Lewis never really got in a groove. I think the addition of McGahee and Grubbs will help the team tremendously. Yes, Ogden is not as good, but McGahee can be a feature back in Baltimore. I am sure that he will do better than Jamal Lewis.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think Homer Simpson is 6'4" 265. He's more 5'11" 270 with 35 percent body fat.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

35% is very generous.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with S-Jax.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I gotta go with LT until somebody else show's me he's better.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I went Jackson simply because LT is too easy, and Gore is too risky.

I'll tell you who it WON'T be - Larry Johnson. Any time your OL loses two potential HOF'ers in consecutive years, you can kiss 1,800+ yards goodbye as a rusher.

McGahee is a dark horse, so is Thomas Jones. He's going to be better in NY than people realize, I think.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Interesting point on Thomas Jones. That guy never gets any credit, but he's always solid as a runner and a receiver. If the Jets OLine really comes together, Jones could do really well.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think LT, for all the reasons others have said, but also because people forget that Norv Turner always makes the most out of his running backs and LOVES running the ball.

I think Travis Henry has a good year in Denver, Stephen Jackson and Frank Gore will have good years, and LJ's production will drop because he got overused last year, he will be pouting all year, and his o-line got worse.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Jets are going to give Leon Washington a decent amount of carries next year. Obviously they brought in Jones to be the feature back, but don't think they are going to ignore Washington next year.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote