Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
what about their line is so great??, i see a lot of young guys who were good in college, but havnt done much yet in the pros

ogden is the best one on the line, and he almost didnt comeback this year... he's old

adam terry will moat likely have to step in as you all lost pasos, and he is relatively new in starting on the line

who will the guards be?
grubbs.. a rookie

brown who again is youing and unproven or
vincent who is solid, but nothing to write home about

then you got chester at center, again is young and unproven

im not going to say your line is bad by anymeans, and yes it can eventually be a good line, but you have really a new line, how can that not be a question mark for you all?
As someone already said, all these guys you're calling inexperienced other than Grubbs saw significant action last year. The whole thread is premised in speculation and a logical person would speculate that our line will be improved next season.
Do you really think Grubbs won't be an upgrade? If so you've obviously never seen or interior OL play. Flynn=worst center in football, so anyone, Chester, Brown, whoever, will be an upgrade there. Terry is at least as good a talent as Pashos who was no more than average, and he's had three years now to get comfortable with playing on the right side. Our OL will be better, there's no question about it, barring injury.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should McNair stay healthy and play all year then the division looks like this...

1. Cincinnati
2. Pittsburgh
3. Baltimore
4. Cleveland

If McNair misses some games and we get a chance to have Kyle in there getting the ball downfield to our playmakers in Clayton and DWill then...

1. Cincinnati
2. Baltimore
3. Pittsburgh
4. Cleveland

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Cinci's offense, but I still don't like their D, they give up too many points and arent the same as they were in 05 in terms of turnovers. They will be able to replace Steinbach and Irons should be a big play threat. The loss of Henry will hurt for those first 8 games. They need a TE to step it up or Perry to come back to provide that missing production. Their Dline is still not great at run stopping, although they have significantly improved, and Peko was great. They lost some proven vets on D and will have trouble replacing their leadership.
Most of this is spot on for the Bengals. Losing Henry does hurt, he's such a weapon on this offense.

Losing Brian Simmons on D hurts from a leadership standpoint but not a play standpoint and Tory James was a locker room cancer who couldn't play on the field.

Our interior D line was great against the run last year. Where we struggled was off the ends and when our LB's had to bring the guys down. Once a RB got off the edge and into the LB's area that's when tackles weren't made. I'm hoping we'll get some stability out of the LB's last year. For something like 6 straight weeks the LB's had a different alignment last year (Caleb Miller, Ahmad Brooks, Landon Johnson, Brian Simmons, Rashad Jeanty, David Pollack all started at some point and many at multiple positions).

Deltha O'Neal was PO'd last year with his contract situation. The Oline got paid and he didn't, most of us believe he's one of the 'selfish' players Marvin pointed out at the end of last year. If/When Leon Hall shows he can play near Delthas level he will start.

Johnathan Joseph, Ahmad Brooks and Madieu Williams really need to step it up next year. If they can manage that the defense can be adequate enough when accompanied with our offense to be a serious force. Joseph needs to learn how to catch at least 1/4 of the balls he gets his hands on, Brooks needs to mature and become a playmaker to an extent at MLB and Madieu Williams needs to play at the level he did in '05 before hurting his shoulder. Madieu was the charge in our defense but last year he was merely above average, he just didn't play at the level he did before being hurt in '05.

Bottom line is our defense is full of potential but the guys have a long way to go before it is reached. Robert Geathers, Ahmad Brooks, Madieu Williams, Johnathan Joseph, Domata Peko and Rashad Jeanty all have high ceilings... Our defense is really banking on at least a few of them to grow a great deal next year. That's a lot to ask for.

Our offense will be better than it was last year. Believe it or not Carson really didn't play to the level he can reach last year. The addition of Irons is big for our running game. Marvin likes the 2 back systems and Rudi really needed a change of pace guy last year to break things up. Having Levi Jones back is massive and although the injuries slaughtered the Oline last year it has strengthened them in terms of depth and the ability to adapt to new lineups.

I fully expect the offense to improve and I expect the defense to improve as well... To what extent I'm not sure.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember Kyle Boller, ERU, I remember.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

My predictions record wise:

1. Bengals - 12-4
2. Ravens - 10-6
3. Steelers - 8-8
4. Browns - 3-13

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsPwn View Post
My predictions record wise:

1. Bengals - 12-4
2. Ravens - 10-6
3. Steelers - 8-8
4. Browns - 3-13
If the Browns go 3-13 I will make my signature say "The Browns suck and are the worst Franchise in NFL history"

Thats how sure I am it won't happen.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive View Post
As someone already said, all these guys you're calling inexperienced other than Grubbs saw significant action last year. The whole thread is premised in speculation and a logical person would speculate that our line will be improved next season.
Do you really think Grubbs won't be an upgrade? If so you've obviously never seen or interior OL play. Flynn=worst center in football, so anyone, Chester, Brown, whoever, will be an upgrade there. Terry is at least as good a talent as Pashos who was no more than average, and he's had three years now to get comfortable with playing on the right side. Our OL will be better, there's no question about it, barring injury.
well due to your outrageous optimism, i really hope you are right

but due to me being a steeler fan, i really really hope you are wrong
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Cincinnati--11-5
Baltimore--10-6
Pittsburgh--7-9
Cleveland--6-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahhh, I thought you were a Bollermania member ERU haha

I'm not sure Boller would be a big upgrade but I honestly don't think he'd hurt the offense.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's what I think the starting rosters will be on paper at this point, so you guys can compare them in one glance instead of thinking about last season:

Baltimore
QB-Steve McNair_______DE-Trevor Pryce
RB-Willis McGahee______DT-Kelly Gregg
FB-Justin Green________DT-Haloti Ngata
WR-Derrick Mason______DE-Terrell Suggs
WR-Mark Clayton______ SLB-Jarrett Johnson
TE-Todd Heap_________MLB-Ray Lewis
LT-Jonathan Ogden_____WLB-Bart Scott
LG-Jason Brown________LCB-Chris McAlister
C-Chris Chester________RCB-Samari Rolle
RG-Ben Grubbs_________FS-Ed Reed
RT-Adam Terry________SS-Dawan Landry

Cincinnati
QB-Carson Palmer______DE-Bryan Robinson
RB-Rudi Johnson_______DT-Sam Adams
FB-Jeremi Johnson_____DT-John Thornton
WR-Chad Johnson______DE-Justin Smith
WR-TJ Houshmandzadeh_SLB-Rashad Jeanty
TE-Reggie Kelly________MLB-Ahmad Brooks
LT-Levi Jones_________WLB-Edgerton Hartwell
LG-Andrew Whitworth__LCB-Johnathan Joseph
C-Eric Ghiaciuc________RCB-Deltha O'Neal
RG-Bobbie Williams_____FS-Madieu WIlliams
RT-Willie Anderson_____SS-Dexter Jackson

Pittsburgh
QB-Ben Roethlisberger__DE-Aaron Smith
RB-Willie Parker_______NT-Casey Hampton
FB-Dan Kreider_______DE-Brett Kiesel
WR-Hines Ward_______LOLB-Clark Haggans
WR-Santonio Holmes___LILB-James Farrior
TE-Heath Miller_______RILB-Larry Foote
LT-Marvel Smith______ROLB-Lawrence Timmons
LG-Alan Faneca_______LCB-Ike Taylor
C-Sean Mahan_______RCB-Bryant McFadden
RG-Kendall Simmons____FS-Ryan Clark
RT-Max Starks________SS-Troy Polamalu

Cleveland
QB-Brady Quinn________DE-Orpheus Roye
RB-Jamal Lewis________NT-Ted Washington
FB-Lawrence Vickers___DE-Robaire Smith
WR-Braylon Edwards___LOLB-WIllie McGinest
WR-Joe Jurevicius_____LILB-Andra Davis
TE-Kellen Winslow_____RILB-D'Qwell Jackson
LT-Joe Thomas_______ROLB-Kamerion Wimbley
LG-Eric Steinbach_____LCB-Leigh Bodden
C-Hank Fraley________RCB-Eric Wright
RG-Ryan Tucker_______FS-Brodney Pool
RT-Kevin Shaffer______SS-Sean Jones

Last edited by keylime_5 : 05-09-2007 at 08:53 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The Bengals is mostly correct. I REALLY hope John Thornton doesn't start. I'd really like to see Domata Peko in there, he was our best DT last year anyway but Thornton started for some stupid reason.

Brian Robinson may start at DE but hopefully Robert Geathers can be a 3 down guy.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns always look at least good on paper, they never let it transition to the field though...

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for pitt i think anthony smith starts over clark
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cincinnati Bengals ::: 10-6
Solid team, very impressive offense and I think they will be able to replace Steinbach and not suffer much. Leon Hall will not only replace Tory, but will be an improvement over him. Their Linebackers are not really impressive. Hartwell is not all that great, and has been injured for many games this past couple of years. Earl Everret, who was signed via UDFA, could be a nice back-up for the team, he is the UDFA I'll keep my eye on this year. If Hartwell is kept healthy and performs well, same goes to Ahmad Brooks, this team could be good. Their defensive line is nothing impressive either, IMO.

Even though the team has taken a league, they had two really close games towards the end of the season (including that Denver one no one likes to talk about) but if their defense improves and their offense is consistent, I see them winning the division.

Baltimore Ravens ::: 9-7.
The team has the talent for more.. that is for sure, but I don't see them putting it together consitently. Steve McNair is not the playmaker he used to be. He isnow washed up, and not good enough for his team. The Ravens will rely heavily on McGahee on offense, and since they lost Mulitalo and Mughelli, I don't see him being able to dominate. With this being said, their defense will hold the responsability of winning/keeping them in the games. They lost Adalius and that is going to be a pretty big hit to the team. Lewis' is a good player, but is declining with age. The rest of the defense is simply dominant... which is why they'll win 9 games. Have McNair do good, they can easily win 10 or even 11 games.

Pittsburgh Steelers ::: 8-8
I think they could be better than this. The OL isn't exactly great, but it's decent, and most of the players are on their prime. Big Ben is back, and hopefully healthy. Santonio Holmes has a season under his belt and Hines Ward is not exactly old and Wilson is a decent WR. Willie Parker is a very good RB, and he has Davenport to take in the short yardage situations.

Right now what I am thinking could go wrong are two things.
One of them is the defense taking an overall step back. Losing Joey Porter was very big for him, and Timmons won't fill his shoes this season. I am not a really big fan of Deshea Townsend either. I think he may be the weak spot of the defense.
What I also didn't like was hiring Mike Tomlin as a head coach. I don't see why he deserved a job over some other guys... again, I could be wrong, but I don't know if Tomlin was a good hire for the Steelers.

Cleveland Browns ::: 5-11
Quinn won't be put into a really favorable situation. Jamal Lewis isn't a solid back anymore, Jurevicious has his time in the league, and Braylon himself can't be the only receiver. I think Winslow may be the biggest threat this team could show on offense this year. Steinbach is a nice OG, Thomas could be solid from day 1, but the rest is not as good.

Their defense will be lead by Wimbley and Davis, two solid defensive linemen. Pool and Jones may be a nice couple of safeties out there, but Teddy W. is way old, so is McGinnest... To be honest, I don't like this team very much, the the future may be bright.. with players like Brady Quinn, Joe Thomas, Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow, Rodney Pool, Sean Jones and Kamerion Wimbley. If they draft Jake Long, Sam Baker or Darren McFadden, and build up more next offseason, watch out for the Browns.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Long and Baker and McFadden are all top 15 picks, and Cleveland's first pick next year will probably be somewhere around #40. But one of the Felix Jones, James Davis, Steve Slaton, and Jonathan Stewart group will definitely be available at that pick next draft. But let's not discuss 2008, let's think about 2007 instead.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can I get other team fans view beside baltimore, who do you think is the better QB, McNair or Boller?
Old 05-09-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think BOller is a lost cause, but thats just me, i think Mcnair might be servicable at the most for the next year, but i wouldnt rely on him for any more than that. I think they should really considering spending a 1st round pick on QB next year.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the FO may actually like Troy Smith as the future.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the order in which I expect the AFC North teams to finish.

1. Ravens- One of if not the most athletic defenses in the NFL, this is an extremely talented group. Plus the addition of McGahee will improve the running game. I expect McGahee to have a better season than last, maybe all he needed was a change of scenery. He's certainly an improvement over Jamal Lewis who seems to have lost all burst and quickness.
2. Cincinatti- Great offense, but I just don't buy the defense. The defensive line and LB corps seem weak, so I expect Cinci to have a weak run defense this season. Having a weak run defense vs. Baltimore with McGahee could turn out in two losses for the Bengals.
3. Steelers- They will probably rebound from last season, but won't improve by that much. The secondary as a whole seems pretty suspect. Polamalu is great but you need more than one great player in the secondary. I really like the front 7 and versatility that the Steelers will have by being able to switch from 4-3 to 3-4 at will. This team is a wildcard to win the division, we'll see how they do.
4. Browns- I like the improvements the Browns have made, but just don't see them beating out any of the teams in this division. The offense for the Browns will probably be a lot better than expected. This offense has the franchise LT and QB, a really good TE, and a so far undeachieving WR who could just need the right arm to throw to him. The defensive unit while unspectacular is solid.

Last edited by cunningham06 : 05-09-2007 at 11:17 PM.
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
can I get other team fans view beside baltimore, who do you think is the better QB, McNair or Boller?
McNair easily, Boller is awful. Mentally he can't handle the game, he just loses his cool and makes really stupid mistakes. He has a strong arm but is inaccurate. He almost never covers up the ball when getting sacked, and as a result fumbles a lot. He has absolutely no leadership ability, and probably won't be able to inspire his teammates. He has shown little to no improvement, his career has remained stagnant since he came into the NFL.

McNair at least you know what you're going to get, with Boller you don't know. The team could be up by a touchdown, but then BAM a bonehead play like only Boller can make resulting in a TD for the other team and a tie game. McNair is slipping and there needs to be an upgrade, but he is better than Boller. Troy Smith is an interesting option, I look forward to watching him in preseason.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I think the FO may actually like Troy Smith as the future.
And rightfully so, he's the best QB in this draft. The kid is 6', SO WHAT?!? Drew Brees is 6' but wasn't as good in college and doesn't have as strong of an arm. And sitting for 2 years behind Steve McNair will only make him a better player.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
And rightfully so, he's the best QB in this draft. The kid is 6', SO WHAT?!? Drew Brees is 6' but wasn't as good in college and doesn't have as strong of an arm. And sitting for 2 years behind Steve McNair will only make him a better player.
True, but Drew Brees is amazingly accurate, Troy Smith isn't bad but he isn't on Brees level accuracy wise.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Here's the order in which I expect the AFC North teams to finish.

1. Ravens- One of if not the most athletic defenses in the NFL, this is an extremely talented group. Plus the addition of McGahee will improve the running game. I expect McGahee to have a better season than last, maybe all he needed was a change of scenery. He's certainly an improvement over Jamal Lewis who seems to have lost all burst and quickness.
2. Cincinatti- Great offense, but I just don't buy the defense. The defensive line and LB corps seem weak, so I expect Cinci to have a weak run defense this season. Having a weak run defense vs. Baltimore with McGahee could turn out in two losses for the Bengals.
3. Steelers- They will probably rebound from last season, but won't improve by that much. The secondary as a whole seems pretty suspect. Polamalu is great but you need more than one great player in the secondary. I really like the front 7 and versatility that the Steelers will have by being able to switch from 4-3 to 3-4 at will. This team is a wildcard to win the division, we'll see how they do.
4. Browns- I like the improvements the Browns have made, but just don't see them beating out any of the teams in this division. The offense for the Browns will probably be a lot better than expected, I like what they've got in the running game. While not having a marquee back, they have a very versatile one-two punch in Jamal Lewis and Kenny Irons. Jamal runs with power but lacks quickness. Kenny Irons is extremely quick. I'm sure the Browns will come up with many inventive ways to use both of them. This offense has the franchise LT and QB, a really good TE, and a so far undeachieving WR who could just need the right arm to throw to him. The defensive unit while unspectacular is solid.
Kenny Irons is a Bengal.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

After reading all the posts on here its pretty obvious that no one attempted to read my post at all. While it is long, it may provide a better insight to the steelers than some of these posts that clearly don't demonstrate an understanding of the team at this point.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Well Long and Baker and McFadden are all top 15 picks, and Cleveland's first pick next year will probably be somewhere around #40. But one of the Felix Jones, James Davis, Steve Slaton, and Jonathan Stewart group will definitely be available at that pick next draft. But let's not discuss 2008, let's think about 2007 instead.
Big mistake on that part.. I forgot they gave up their next years pick.
Guess thats what happens when you don't watch all of the draft.