Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This division is all about the running game, on both sides of the ball. The Browns will have a good offensive running game next year with a star in Lewis and two decent backups in Harrison and Wright. Look at the BRown's line and tell me it is not one of the top 10 in the league on paper. It is. On the defensive side... we can't stop the run. WE have a good corps of LB's but not great yet and our d-line will still be bad even with the addition of Robaire Smith. Our d-line is flat out washed up.

Sean Jones will make the Pro Bowl next year. Guaranteed. Barring injuries of course. Leigh Bodden might also.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
well some browns homer said it, you're all the same to me sorry.
Wait, they said the Brown's had a good o-line last year?
Old 05-10-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
This division is all about the running game, on both sides of the ball. The Browns will have a good offensive running game next year with a star in Lewis and two decent backups in Harrison and Wright. Look at the BRown's line and tell me it is not one of the top 10 in the league on paper. It is. On the defensive side... we can't stop the run. WE have a good corps of LB's but not great yet and our d-line will still be bad even with the addition of Robaire Smith. Our d-line is flat out washed up.

Sean Jones will make the Pro Bowl next year. Guaranteed. Barring injuries of course. Leigh Bodden might also.
since when has Lewis been a star?? the ravens line is better than the browns and he hasn't been anything in a while. Lewis is not the answer to yalls running back problem. luckily for yallthe running back stock in next years draft is deep, so you can pick up a running back with your 2nd round pick.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Lewis was a star since... 3 years ago? OK, he's not a star now but he is a definte upgrade over Droughns and is still only 27, I think.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea 3 yrs but that is a while to go from 2000+ yrds to averaging under 4 a carry and barely breaking a grand. but yes he is an upgrade over droughns.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really feel the Browns line is being overrated. Its better than it has been in the past but spending more money doesn't make it better. Steinbach is very overrated in my mind. He is not as great as the contract makes him out to be. Bentley is likely to miss this season. Thomas has never played in the NFL so we really don't know what he will be. It could be a good line but right now it is a huge question mark.

This entire division is a question mark really. Will the Steelers play like they did last year or can they rebound to closer to the Superbowl team? Will the Ravens team start to show their age at key positions and fall off? Will the Bengals be able to get their defense going?

This is going to be an exciting year to watch the AFC North because there isn't a team that is truly dominant like in most divisions. We have had 3 different teams win this division in the last 3 years. All depends on which team comes out to play and avoids injuries.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lewis was a star since... 3 years ago? OK, he's not a star now but he is a definte upgrade over Droughns and is still only 27, I think.
Hes older than his age leads you to believe, we wore him down while he was here. He is not the same player he once was and if you believe your getting the Jamal Lewis that used to kill the browns regularly than your going to most likely be let down.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
granted the bengals haven't done bad, but yall still haven't won the division. its either been the us or the ravens the past 6 yrs.
we won it year before last...good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
we won it year before last...good job.
yea i remembered that after i posted it. i figured someone would call it out. i can't believe i forgot though, yall had a whole superbowl parade for it didn't you?? ;)

Old 05-10-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
yea i remembered that after i posted it. i figured someone would call it out. i can't believe i forgot though, yall had a whole superbowl parade for it didn't you?? ;)
damn you.... lol. then ****** kimo had to hurt carson...aaaahhh that was such an anticlimatic year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
damn you.... lol. then ****** kimo had to hurt carson...aaaahhh that was such an anticlimatic year.
just like i paid him to.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Hes older than his age leads you to believe, we wore him down while he was here. He is not the same player he once was and if you believe your getting the Jamal Lewis that used to kill the browns regularly than your going to most likely be let down.
Definitely not expecting anything great, I just wanted to make a point with his age although he is washed up, definitely.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well some browns homer said it, you're all the same to me sorry.
Except for I'm not a Browns homer, I see it like it is.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Definitely not expecting anything great, I just wanted to make a point with his age although he is washed up, definitely.
Wow your first post is all gungho about how Lewis is a star and the line is one of the best and now you have minimal expectations. So which one is it or do you not even have a clue as this page of posts indicates?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

The browns line on paper still isn't top 10. The right side still blows, you have no center, and your blindside protector is a rookie. Maybe next year if Bentley can finally come back. The browns won't break 4 wins bet that. By mid season you will have a rookie QB starting, no running game, and a worn down defense.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NO you're a RIGHT GUARD!!

p.s. i feel like this paragraph was a deoderant commercial.

asasasasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsPwn View Post
The browns line on paper still isn't top 10. The right side still blows, you have no center, and your blindside protector is a rookie. Maybe next year if Bentley can finally come back. The browns won't break 4 wins bet that. By mid season you will have a rookie QB starting, no running game, and a worn down defense.
LT- Thomas
LG- Steinbach
C- Fraley
RG-Mckinney
RT- Schaffer

Granted there is a weak spot at RG but how is that line not top 10? Fraley is very underrated but Thomas, Steinbach, and Schaffer have pro bowl potential. Obviously you have not watched Hank Fraley play if you think we don't have a center, I'd say he was best on the line last year.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Wow your first post is all gungho about how Lewis is a star and the line is one of the best and now you have minimal expectations. So which one is it or do you not even have a clue as this page of posts indicates?
Are you kidding me? Yes I said Lewis is a star but I took that back, all I really meant was that he's an upgrade over Droughns if you would've read my other post. Secondly, I said the line is top 10 not one of the best. And I said I wasn't expecting anything great from Lewis in my last post, I didn't say the running game or anything about minimal expectations.

How do you have that much rep? You say stupid stuff everytime I see your posts. I -repped you before but you got all hissy and -repped me back just because I did it to you.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you kidding me? Yes I said Lewis is a star but I took that back, all I really meant was that he's an upgrade over Droughns if you would've read my other post. Secondly, I said the line is top 10 not one of the best. And I said I wasn't expecting anything great from Lewis in my last post, I didn't say the running game or anything about minimal expectations.

How do you have that much rep? You say stupid stuff everytime I see your posts. I -repped you before but you got all hissy and -repped me back just because I did it to you.
Sorry my posts aren't pleasing to you, I apparently dumb then down so you can understand them. Every post you made on this post is a flip flop on your part and you have the audacity to question others? A top 10 line, which you have claimed, would be one of the better lines in the league as I stated and now you once again your trying to flip flop your statement. And I - repped you then out of spite but now I will because of your repeated moronic statements.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
LT- Thomas
LG- Steinbach
C- Fraley
RG-Mckinney
RT- Schaffer

Granted there is a weak spot at RG but how is that line not top 10? Fraley is very underrated but Thomas, Steinbach, and Schaffer have pro bowl potential. Obviously you have not watched Hank Fraley play if you think we don't have a center, I'd say he was best on the line last year.
Let's see:

Thomas is a rookie and unproven
Steinbach is a decent guard but won't be worth that contract, not mention how much of his success was a result of teaming with Willie Anderson
Fraley I hate to break it to you is not the All-Star you make him out to be, he was solid in Philly's run to the Super Bowl but there is a reason they gave up on him; and the entire right side is laughable.

How is that a top 10 line in the NFL?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-10-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I like Pittsburgh to improve this year but I am not sure if they have the offensive firepower and the loss of Joey Porter isnt going to help regardless if he wasnt that great last year but he was still able to get everyone pumped up and his prescence on the field will be missed.

Offensive Firepower? Willie Parker #3 in the NFL as a RB last year, added to Kevan Barlow and Najeh Davenport who are solid as backups...

We have Heath Miller and Matt Spaeth, 2 very talented and young TE's that are great blockers and still receiving threats.

We have A Pro-Bowl WR, a 2006 first round pick who, put up 800+ yards and only started the last Quarter of the season. Our WR depth is pretty solid. Ced Wilson, Willie Reid (3rd rounder in 06), Nate Washington..Add Red zone threat Dallas Baker and 1 UDFA with a terrific Chance to make the roster in Eric Fowler.

Joey Porter is my question mark.. Who on defense will lead.. and I think you'll see 2-4 Guys do it.. Anthony Smith, even though Young, is very instinctive and smart, James Harrison who's possibly even more fiery than Porter, Troy Polamalu who is all over the place.. and Veteran James Farrior...

I think its a toss up between the Ravens and the Bengals for the division though. The Bengals have the offense the Ravens have the defense. I give the edge to the Ravens because I am a homer and I feel our Offense is better than their defense.

Don't forget Chris Henry is out the first 8 games.

I also feel this board has really overrated the Browns. They have improved in areas but I do not feel it is enough to make a run at the division title. Their whole season will rely on Jamal Lewis being the Jamal of old and not the Jamal of last year, I think they are getting the Jamal of last year though.
Again.. I think people are underselling Pittsburgh.. I understand.. No Porter and new Coach...

I think we're actually more talented this year than last.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
granted the bengals haven't done bad, but yall still haven't won the division. its either been the us or the ravens the past 6 yrs.
Bengals = 2005 AFC North Division Champions.

The only team that really has given us challenges is the Steelers, giving us 3 of the last 4 divisional game losses.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

as a browns fan i to believe people are overrating the browns, fact of the matter is untill the team proves that they are different they will be the cleveland clowns no matter how much money we invest, or how good of players we draft, if it doesn't result in wins it means squat

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

plus rep for you sir..thank you for being a realist.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
plus rep for you sir..thank you for being a realist.
I can't take you as a realist having Reuben Droughns rushing for 700 yards.