Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I can't take you as a realist having Reuben Droughns rushing for 700 yards.
Its a sig quote from another user.........DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
plus rep for you sir..thank you for being a realist.
Sigh... You call him a realist yet bash me, when I flat out say the Browns aren't going to do anything special this year, but that they have improved.

Amazing.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Sorry my posts aren't pleasing to you, I apparently dumb then down so you can understand them. Every post you made on this post is a flip flop on your part and you have the audacity to question others? A top 10 line, which you have claimed, would be one of the better lines in the league as I stated and now you once again your trying to flip flop your statement. And I - repped you then out of spite but now I will because of your repeated moronic statements.
"I apparently dumb then down so you can understand them"

What? I assume "then" should be them. Even so, that doesn't make sense. It means you have dumbed them down so I can understand them, which doesn't make sense because you don't think I understand what you are saying.

"One of the better lines" is what I took to mean an elite line, maybe top 5. I don't think the Brown's are there yet, I said I think we are top 10.

That's the only thing you said I flip-flopped on, which I didn't, and then you end your post with

"Now you once again your trying to flip flop your statement."

No, I didn't, and how can it be "again" if you only said 1 thing you think I flip-flopped on?
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Let's see:

Thomas is a rookie and unproven
Steinbach is a decent guard but won't be worth that contract, not mention how much of his success was a result of teaming with Willie Anderson
Fraley I hate to break it to you is not the All-Star you make him out to be, he was solid in Philly's run to the Super Bowl but there is a reason they gave up on him; and the entire right side is laughable.

How is that a top 10 line in the NFL?

Let's see,

Thomas is the #3 overall pick as an olinemen. How many olinemen taken that high bust?

Steinbach is good. Thank you.

Fraley is not an all-star, I never said he was if you read my post. But you can't write him off as crappy because Philly cut him. Michael Jordan was cut, you can't use that argument.

How is Schaffer laughable? Granted, RG, is a weakness but show some intelligence in your posts and don't just call it "laughable"
Old 05-11-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fraley wasn't cut, we traded a 2008 draft pick for him. And he did make the pro bowl a few years ago, plus he was our best offensive lineman last year (though that's not saying a lot). Tucker usually is a very good, solid OT and will be better as a guard this year now that he is past his prime as a pass blocker. Tucker would be a below average pass blocker at RT, but an above average one at RG. Shaffer was not good at LT last year, but wasn't as bad as some make him out to be, plus he was playing next to a terrible LG. Put him on the right and he'll be much better. Steinbach is a very good young guard. Thomas is gonna be great, but as a rookie he'll only be good.

If you think about it we have 3 guys who could start at LT for us on our O-Line this year in Thomas, Shaffer, and Steinbach, so the Browns' pass blocking will be MUCH much better this year compared to last.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but you are in a division that needs to be able to block for the run.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Let's see,

Thomas is the #3 overall pick as an olinemen. How many olinemen taken that high bust?

Steinbach is good. Thank you.

Fraley is not an all-star, I never said he was if you read my post. But you can't write him off as crappy because Philly cut him. Michael Jordan was cut, you can't use that argument.

How is Schaffer laughable? Granted, RG, is a weakness but show some intelligence in your posts and don't just call it "laughable"
Just recently? Ugh....Leonard Davis, Robert Gallery,and Mike Williams just to name a few.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Just recently? Ugh....Leonard Davis, Robert Gallery,and Mike Williams just to name a few.
You have to admit that other positions have a much higher bust rate.

Davis would not be a bust except for the injuries, and Gallery got asked way too much of him. Besides, Texas players are almost always overrated coming into the draft. They ususally don't do well because Texas isn't at all like an NFL team.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Davis would not be a bust except for the injuries, and Gallery got asked way too much of him. Besides, Texas players are almost always overrated coming into the draft. They ususally don't do well because Texas isn't at all like an NFL team.
i agree with everything except that last sentence. not because i think Texas is like an NFL team, but because that is a moot point. most of the colleges in America are not at all like an NFL team.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

only reason texas players are overrated is because they come from a big time school that gets a lot of publicity...

but seriously texas players suck, just look at that vincent young character
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

you asked how many high pick OL have been busts and he named some... doesnt matter the situation, because its usually the situation that makes a player a bust

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

The real problem is you're claiming the Browns have a top ten OL. That statement is just absurdly homeristic. Wake up. They are working towards mediocrity, not top 10. Name one elite player on that OL, one.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Eric Steinbach
Old 05-11-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Eric Steinbach
naw man. to me there are only two elite G's in the NFL. and to me elite is defined as if someone was to make a team to have for a year 90% of the NFL fan base would pick these ppl. thats Hutchinson, and Faneca. i don't think that many ppl would take someone outside of those two for a super team to have for one year. you might take some other G's if you were dealing with more than one year but if you were just talking about one year, it would have to be one of those two. those are the only elite guards in the NFL.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

If that's elite, then not every top 10 oline in the league has an elite lineman.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

no i wouldn't say that they do. but one elite guy doesn't make an o-line top 10. look at ours. Faneca is the best in the business arguably. our o-line (as a whole) looked like the upside of a donkey's taint sometimes out there last year.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People tend to overrate teams with high draft picks on this board because it's a draft website. Thomas and Quinn will not make the immdiate impact that many people think they will just because they were ranked highly.

I really can't see the Browns being good this year. Next year will be an even better situation because Thomas and Quinn will have some experience and Bentley will be back. Plus they need some D-line help before I'll take the front 7 seriously. They adressed the linebackers with Wimbley and Jackson but the D-line is lacking.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
People tend to overrate teams with high draft picks on this board because it's a draft website. Thomas and Quinn will not make the immdiate impact that many people think they will just because they were ranked highly.

I really can't see the Browns being good this year. Next year will be an even better situation because Thomas and Quinn will have some experience and Bentley will be back. Plus they need some D-line help before I'll take the front 7 seriously. They adressed the linebackers with Wimbley and Jackson but the D-line is lacking.
couldnt agree more
Old 05-11-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Quote:

I hate agreeing with steeler fans.
As for Steinbach, no. Simply no. Put down the peacepipe ricky jr., how many pro bowls has he been to?
Old 05-11-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You nailed it head on.

I don't see the Browns going more than 7-9 this year, 8-8 would be if everything panned out. Quinn and Thomas probably won't begin to become great until 2-3 years, any earlier than that we are lucky (More Quinn than Thomas because offensive linemen can come in and contribute right away more than a QB can.)

I am one who is saying the Browns will be good in 2008 or 2009, I'm not expecting anything over .500 this year, .500 would be a treat, but I do think our o-line has upgraded and were headed in the right direction, for once.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive View Post
how many pro bowls has he been to?
Did Tom Brady make the Pro-bowl last year?

That answers that.

Also, who the hell did Romo get in over, another point why the pro-bowl is stupid and just a fan vote.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post

That answers that.

Also, who the hell did Romo get in over, another point why the pro-bowl is stupid and just a fan vote.
Look, if he's an elite G don't you think he would've at least been to a probowl, incidently, pretty much the only numerical stat used to measure OL?
Romo and Brady have nothing to do with Steinbach. If the majority of the players, coaches and fans of the NFL's opinions are less significant than your own in your opinion, that says something about you.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post

That answers that.

tom brady turned it down, he got an invite though
Old 05-11-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive View Post
Look, if he's an elite G don't you think he would've at least been to a probowl, incidently, pretty much the only numerical stat used to measure OL?
Romo and Brady have nothing to do with Steinbach. If the majority of the players, coaches and fans of the NFL's opinions are less significant than your own in your opinion, that says something about you.
Are you serious? You ignored the entirety of my post, the point is you don't measure anything by pro-bowls, the moment Tony Romo made it I considered it a popularity contest, and then Tom Brady not making it? He is one of the best QB's of our era and had a great season last year.

Steinbach may not have been the best guard or worthy of a pro-bowl in the AFC, I never said he was worthy of a pro-bowl, I'm saying that judging a player on the Pro-Bowl is ignorant and stupid IMO.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
tom brady turned it down, he got an invite though
Ah, that is something I did not know...

I thought Rivers got invited over him, or am I mistaken?