Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cardinals are right where they should be, good rankings
Old 05-09-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay, Washington, and Cleveland arent given enough credit. (Prisco is a huge idiot)
Cleveland: They have loads of young talent (Edwards, Winslow, Quinn, Thomas, Wimbley just to name some)
Washington: Clearly he forgot that Campbell is an upgrade over Brunell and that Moss will be healthy.
Green Bay: this genius says that Favre will be holding on for dear life(which I suppose is to mean that Favre doesnt have an OL), he must of also forgotten that all 3 of our rookie OLmen improved through out the year. Plus the young guys we have drafted this last 2-3 years have molded into a formidable unit

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

I think its cause everyone basically agrees its too early to fully assess a team with paragraphs of crap that won't make a difference later....
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love when writers think the skins will go 4-12 will just be so much sweeter when we shove it in their faces.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
I love when writers think the skins will go 4-12 will just be so much sweeter when we shove it in their faces.
By winning 6 games.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The skins improved on a 6-10 season in which injuries to their elite players killed them. Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Jon Jansen, Cornelius Griffin, Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, and Carlos Rogers. This team now has more depth, i.e. Smoot, Macklin. We have a legit MLB in London Fletcher, a pro bowler Marcus Washington, and a solid vet LeMar Marshall or crazy motor youngster Rocky McINtosh. Add to that LaRon Landry and Jason Campbell being a huge upgrade over last years Brunell. We are the same team but better as the 2005 team which won 10 games. If Campbell can atleast play decent we can shock the world. I don't mind everyone thinking we are 6-10 at best.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

The browns night not be the worst team, but there the worst team in a very very good division. There the only team to have a more than legit shot at going winless in the division. Also there should probably only 1 NFC team, the bears, in the top ten. It is very clear that the AFC is 100x better than he NFC.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pete Prisco's a dumbass, although these weren't SO bad.

Two things that irked me (and I'm sure there are more because I hate him, but I just glanced) are the Giants and Bears. 1) The Bears were in the SB last year, and in my opinion only got better, I don't see how they could have dropped to 5, plus the Colts lost a lot of good talent, but w/e.

As for the giants, he basically says that their entire offense rests in the hands of two huge questionmarks, Brandon Jacobs and Eli Manning, and says if they're not on, which there's a strong likylihood that they won't be, then they'll be bad, but still ranks them 14th...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The skins improved on a 6-10 season in which injuries to their elite players killed them. Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Jon Jansen, Cornelius Griffin, Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, and Carlos Rogers. This team now has more depth, i.e. Smoot, Macklin. We have a legit MLB in London Fletcher, a pro bowler Marcus Washington, and a solid vet LeMar Marshall or crazy motor youngster Rocky McINtosh. Add to that LaRon Landry and Jason Campbell being a huge upgrade over last years Brunell. We are the same team but better as the 2005 team which won 10 games. If Campbell can atleast play decent we can shock the world. I don't mind everyone thinking we are 6-10 at best.
Almost every team "improved". It's the offseason.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Chiefs are being slept on here. They're rebuilding their O-line, true, but the defense was much improved, which is why they made the playoffs last year (remember that?). I also think Bowe was a smart draft choice, and they've hit on their young defensive players recently (Allen who has to deal with that suspension, Hali, Johnson, Page, Pollard). These guys are all good fits in Herm's scheme. Insert two DT's, Tyler and McBride into there and Donnie Edwards as more veteran leadership, and they should be good.

On the other hand, my Chargers are a Super Bowl contender but #3 might be high. The Ravens are probably better than the Chargers right now.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sure Fred Smoot and David Macklin will help you a lot. Almost as much as it will help us when we got rid of Smoot.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
My thing is with a worse LB core and secondary last year we beat the Saints at their place without our starting LT, C and RG then 2 of our 3 starting LB's that game will be backups again this year.
You know, you're right, then that means that the Texans should be in the top 5 because they beat the Colts last season, and were the last team to beat the champs!
Old 05-09-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

49ers at the bottom of the NFC West?

I really don't think so, all homer aside.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief49er View Post
49ers at the bottom of the NFC West?

I really don't think so, all homer aside.
I agree, the rams are definitely lower.

Anyway, the hawks should be top 10. This is indisputable fact.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm actually fine for once with where he has the Bears but I still HATE Pete Prisco. I would take the few years in jail and subsequent lawsuit to beat him with a bat.
well, what are you waiting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
KWill93
Rookie

KWill93 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cardinals above the Rams and Seahawks I don't agree with. Both those teams should be higher. I'm fine with where the Vikes are.

Sig by Ctmagic24
KWill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns are below the Raiders??? Err...uh...I'm embarrassed. Don't look at me.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
well, what are you waiting for?
It's all about timing friend. I'm like the dude that shot Franz Ferdinand. Wait untill he gets his own parade, then you'll see.....you'll all see....

Old 05-09-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Prisco guy accidentally flipped over the rankings, so the Browns should be in first...
Old 05-09-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As soon as I saw it was written by Pete Prisco I stopped reading.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
As soon as I saw it was written by Pete Prisco I stopped reading.
as soon as i saw this post was by Patriots-Lions, I stopped reading
Old 05-09-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
cardinals are right where they should be, good rankings
Meh, they have plenty of talent on the team but they're cursed, cursed I say. Honestly I can't judge this team by what talent they have, because even with the talent they had last year they just won 5 games. They haven't had a winning season since '98. I can't see them being on top of their division nor could I see them getting into the playoffs. It'd be a mild surprise if they did though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
By winning 6 games.
lololololololololol
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:27 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

looks pretty solid to me. Cardinals at 13 rubs me the wrong way however
Yeah, Cards should be #7. For any of the new teams with new coaches, though, just having an 8-8 season beats what new coaches average for wins. Cards with an improved O-line might actually show up on the field more than just look great during the fantasy draft.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:20 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
as soon as i saw this post was by Patriots-Lions, I stopped reading
Then how did you manage to mimic his post so well? :P
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't understand this talk by Redskins fans about Jason Campbell being this massive upgrade. We'll see how he plays next year.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote