Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 01-08-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes that was embarrassing, but honestly I'm not that shocked this is our 3rd game in 13 days, the injuries were piling up, (we honestly were down to 2 running backs today) neither of which were on the roster to begin the season. Plus we had to travel cross country to one of the loudest stadiums to play in. Even if we were playing against a 7-9 team we had a lot of unfavorable circumstances.

None of that can be an excuse though, the Seahawks were the better team today plain and simple. Still trying to figure out how a Greg Williams' coached Defense that played so solid for the majority of the season, can come out and play so terribly today.

Regardless I'm not really that upset, considering we had a taste of glory last season and to even get back to the playoffs after winning a SB was an impressive feat for the Saints IMO. There are a few things that need addressing though.

- This running game has to get fixed, as in we need a solution. Ivory might be that guy, but he hasn't shown he can stay healthy for 1 game even. Also we need to decide if we keep Pierre Thomas, and yes even Reggie. I love what Reggie Bush brings to this team, but he too hasn't shown he can stay healthy. He was sent off to the locker room in this game as well, what good are you to a team if you can't stay on the field? If he doesn't want to restructure his deal I'm afraid we might have to part ways with him.

- Defense needs some re-tooling, we can use to bring in Two new OLBS... one to compete with Casillas, the other to play the SAM. I'm going to be disappointed if Shanle is going to be the opening day starter next season.

- Defensive Line needs some kind of spark, we need guys that can put up consistent pressure, and even some more hard nosed run clogger type of DTs.

- Harper played about the worst game of his career thus far, I'm not ready to give up on him just yet, but it's obvious coverage is not what he's good at... Greg Williams really has to play him close to the line to hide his weaknesses. We're probably going to have bring in another Safety, because I think Sharper's run with the Saints is over. He brought some great veteran leadership, and made some great plays but I think his time is up.

- Brees needs some more help at Wide Receiver, I think we can upgrade from Devery, and Meachem hasn't exactly panned out as I thought he would. Meachem will be kept, and maybe they think Arrington can be the answer for a future guy to develop. This is low on the list of priorities but if we can make an upgrade here I think we need to make it. Also we need someone who can return Kicks... Devery, and Meachem are not good KRs... I'm not sure how long Roby is going to last.

All this depending whether or not we have a season next year.

Last edited by Auron : 01-08-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
-Brees needs some more help at Wide Receiver, I think we can upgrade from Devery, and Meachem hasn't exactly panned out as I thought he would. Meachem will be kept, and maybe they think Arrington can be the answer for a future guy to develop. This is low on the list of priorities but if we can make an upgrade here I think we need to make it. Also we need someone who can return Kicks... Devery, and Meachem are not good KRs... I'm not sure how long Roby is going to last.
I think Colston too needs to be evaluated. I love the guy, and what he brings but he cant bring it for an entire season. Its similar to your reasoning with Bush. Colston is always hurt or knicked up, and to make things worse, he is really getting bad with the drops. I think Meachem is good for what we use him for, yeah he wasnt worth the first round pick but he loads better than Henderson,who has progressively gotten worse as the years have progressed.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
I think Colston too needs to be evaluated. I love the guy, and what he brings but he cant bring it for an entire season. Its similar to your reasoning with Bush. Colston is always hurt or knicked up, and to make things worse, he is really getting bad with the drops. I think Meachem is good for what we use him for, yeah he wasnt worth the first round pick but he loads better than Henderson,who has progressively gotten worse as the years have progressed.
Well Colston will be here, he's been our most consistent guy the past 5 seasons. Even with some injuries, overall he's still been relatively healthy the past 2 seasons...

I do think though we need another go to option, I think Colston would be much more comfortable as being a complimentary type guy, Secondary option. Right now in key situations when we need a conversion teams are bracketing Colston in the slot, and our others guy aren't winning their match ups.

We need some more WRs that will go up and grab the ball at it's highest point. Aside from Colston, Graham, sometimes Shockey no one really does that in our receiving corps. They pretty much rely on Brees placing a ball in their hands perfectly. Devery in particular this season did not do a good job of locating balls in the air and making plays on them.

If we had a true perimeter type deep threat that could be consistent, that would open so much up in the middle of the field for Colston, and the TE's. I do think Graham will be featured much more in the Offense next season.... we'll just have to see what we do. I think they'll probably be content to just stick with Colston, Moore, Meachem, and Arrington will be the next guy up. I think Henderson will be let go.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell guys, we scored 36 points. The problem isn't the offense. If you look long enough you can find things wrong with anyone, but let's look at what really went wrong here. We gave up 41 points to the damn Seahawks!!!! Imagine what Tom Brady and company could do to us if we played that crappy kind of D. Porter needs to tackle better, we need a pair of new OLB's so teams wont carve up the middle of the field against us with the pass and run all over us with the rush.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any pick not on defense is a wasted pick iyam

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Hell guys, we scored 36 points. The problem isn't the offense. If you look long enough you can find things wrong with anyone, but let's look at what really went wrong here. We gave up 41 points to the damn Seahawks!!!! Imagine what Tom Brady and company could do to us if we played that crappy kind of D. Porter needs to tackle better, we need a pair of new OLB's so teams wont carve up the middle of the field against us with the pass and run all over us with the rush.
Defense is obviously the priority, but there are still some problems with the Offense that if neglected can effect us next season. For instance we finished the season with Zero healthy Running backs, we placed 5 backs in IR and 2 more left the game with injury yesterday. That is unacceptable, if we don't have a running game that puts more pressure on Brees to throw it 50+ times a game and that is asking for trouble. Also our Offensive Tackles played very poorly, Stinchcomb, and Bushrod struggled quite a bit and led to some untimely pressures. Which stalled some drives.

Just out of curiosity if you're Loomis/Payton how do you guys evaluate these players in the off-season?

P. Thomas, Shanle, Harper, Stinchcomb, Bush, Henderson, Shockey, Sharper.

Last edited by Auron : 01-09-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think Harper or PT will be back next year. The rest are 2- 3 years from departure. Bush is the only one I think stays 5 years or longer and that is because the flexibility of Bush in regards to the play-book.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Pierre - I hope maybe we can work out some kind of a deal but I don't believe he'll be back I think Payton has soured on him after his ankle issue this year, and getting hurt before the play offs doesn't help his case. If he's still asking for Steven Jackson money I think he'll be playing else where.

Shanle - I'm hoping that at best case he's a back up next year. We need to bring in a bunch of Linebackers this off-season in both FA, and the Draft to compete. Dunbar, Shanle, Mitchell just don't cut it as NFL Linebackers.

Harper - I think they'll keep him, because it seems like Greg Williams likes utilizing him up near the Line... however he cannot be allowed to be exposed in coverage like that again. He will probably be the goat of the entire off-season for Saints fans.

Stinchcomb - I thought he had a terrible game, False starts, pressures, a sack given up... I'm not sure how hard they will look at upgrading his position but I do think it needs to be looked into. I don't think his play was up to par this entire season. That said he's probably still the starter next year.

Bush - Hopefully stays on a re-negotiated contract. However if he is not willing to work something out, I can see the team doing something surprising and parting ways with him. His production has not been worth the salary he's been given the past few years.

Henderson, Shockey, Sharper - all are reaching the end of their time here in NO, I wouldn't be shocked if any one of them were not on the team next season. I Still think Shockey can be a valuable contributor in a reserve role but time is catching up with him he gets banged up far too often.

Last edited by Auron : 01-09-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if we want Pierre, I don't think he wants to be here. He's going to want to go somewhere that he's more appreciated and given a bigger role, even though he's always hurt too.

I don't think we should go offense at all in the draft unless we get some good offensive linemen, you can never have enough of those IMO.

Bush is too unique to let go IMO, and the odd chance that he stays healthy, our offense might be absolutely dominant, and with proper blocking like the super bowl season, we'll have a guy that's a game changer in the passing game and a 5.5 yard per carry type of guy.

Harper: Move him to LB, haha. Seriously, when we were healthy out there in the secondary, our pass defense was absolutely stellar, he had a tough game.

Stinchcomb: GTFO. What good is a RT that can't pass protect well and is a total liability in the run game?

Shockey: Bring him back IMO

Sharper: Too hurt, and Jenkins is better

Henderson and Shanle: GTFO, no explanation.

I don't see the need to panic on RBs, you can't predict injuries with them at all, the job comes with them, and it kinda is just how you fall sometimes.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, well, well... I have been wanting Stinchcomb and Harper gone for several seasons now and this offseason might be the chance I get to see that happen. Well, actually, I don't want Harper to leave. I'd like him as a backup but that's it.

Stinchcomb, well, he needs to GTFO. He had a rise in play last year but this year he reverted to his old self.

Shanle can stay as a backup and someone to rotate in, P.T. needs to stay as well. I love the effort he exhibits on the field and is perfect for our system. Reggie Bush can leave for all I care. If he stays then he can take a significant pay cut because the money he's making now just isn't worth it.

Jeremy Shockey needs to stay. He seems to lack the passion he played with before but he's still a legitimate threat from the TE position and would give us an excellent pair with Jimmy Graham next year.

Devery Henderson and Darren Sharper will probably leave this year, although we re-signed Devs not too long ago. Sharps will be gone, though. His contract is up and he's just not the same player he was last year.

Now, it comes down to free agency and the draft. There are several players in both that I want but the draft needs to focus on defense. period.

The man I want in the first round is Von Miller. I think he would be stellar in Gregg Williams scheme, even moreso than Daryl Washington, the linebacker I had my man crush on last year. Outside of Von Miller I'd like J.J. Watt or Allen Bailey.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, a blitzing OLB, would LOVE that.

Move harper to OLB? lol.

Allen Bailey as well, perfect LE. Stephen Paea too, I think if he drops to us he's too talented to pass.

Last edited by Saints-Tigers : 01-09-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figured it might be a bad time for this, but my buddies and I are going to New Orleans for Spring Break for a week, the week after Mardi Gras. Have any of you heard of the Frenchmen Hotel or the Place d'Armes or the Andrew Jackson Hotel? We might be staying at one of those places? Also tell me some cool **** to do.

One more request, is there a beach or something for either Lake Pontchartrain or the Mississippi River? Its tradition for us every vacation to go drunk swimming in a natural body of water

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I figured it might be a bad time for this, but my buddies and I are going to New Orleans for Spring Break for a week, the week after Mardi Gras. Have any of you heard of the Frenchmen Hotel or the Place d'Armes or the Andrew Jackson Hotel? We might be staying at one of those places? Also tell me some cool **** to do.

One more request, is there a beach or something for either Lake Pontchartrain or the Mississippi River? Its tradition for us every vacation to go drunk swimming in a natural body of water
Any of those hotels you listed are excellent to stay in. They're nicer, a little more upper class, and aren't that far from Bourbon St. Frenchman Hotel might be the best since it's on Frenchman St., which is where the more eclectic groups from the city hang out. It has more of your arts/local live bands playing original music, and the more eccentric type of people. It's also not that far of a walk from Bourbon.

Lake Pontchartrain has a beach but you will have to drive to it. It's off of Williams Blvd, if I remember correctly. You can ask some of the locals about that. Do NOT go swimming in the Mississippi River. It's polluted as **** with massive rip currents. It's just at, if not, a mile wide in New Orleans with whirlpools circling in some parts of it. The river ain't nothing to **** with.

And some **** to do.... Basically if you're New Orleans you'll be getting ****** up 24/7. It's an amazing party city. I don't know what kind of bars you like but if you can let me know then I can recommend some for you. Outside of that, there are some amazing places to eat in the city. Try Cafe Du Monde for a taste of New Orleans. They serve fresh beignets and cafe au lait right in the heart of the city. Eat local, don't go to anywhere like Bubba Gump or the Hard Rock. Try Yo-Mama's in the quarter for amazing hamburgers and Port of Call is also a phenomenal hamburgers joint. It all depends on what you want, really.

Also, the WWII museum is in downtown New Orleans, which is a fantastic place to visit. You can spend as long as you want in there but the minimum you will spend is about 2 hours. That's if you watch the excellent 4D movie narrated by Tom Hanks. Also, go Uptown and hang out there. By that I mean St. Charles St. If you drive up St. Charles you will see what helps make New Orleans the classic city it is. Beautifully crafted homes are on either side of you and you're not too far away from Magazine St, a street with great shopping, bars, and restaurants.

If you want any more suggestions just let me know.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-11-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Gregg Williams will be staying on as the DC of the Saints.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-11-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Drew Brees would like to reach a long term contract extension this offseason
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...erback_81.html

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-11-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, long time no talk. Now thats its draft time I will be a frequent person on here again :(

Hows everyone been? I dont really wanna bring up the game so heres to a solid offseason!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Well, both good news so far Diabsoule, hopefully that sets the tone for a nice offseason!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Drew Brees would like to reach a long term contract extension this offseason
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...erback_81.html
I think both sides want to get this done, but with all the Free Agents we have plus the looming threat of a Lockout... it really makes matters complicated which might put things on hold regarding his extension.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, Carl Nicks question here.

How likely is it you sign him to a long term deal? I know you just signed Evans to a huge deal, wodering if you'd have two guards with very big contracts.

Also, if you don't sign him long term, would he be available for a second round pick?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

How likely is it you sign him to a long term deal? I know you just signed Evans to a huge deal, wodering if you'd have two guards with very big contracts.

Also, if you don't sign him long term, would he be available for a second round pick?
I hope we lock him up long term, he still has some discipline things he can work on but he just a plain beast when he's on.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

I don't think Nicks is going anywhere. He's one of the best members of our OL and even with the contract we gave Evans I don't think it will affect what kind of contract we give Nicks since he deserves every penny.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-13-2011, 05:32 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Even if we pay out the ass for two amazing G's, it won't cost us nearly as much as top tier LT, and two dominant interior linemen is much better than one premier pass protector, especially given Brees' height and need for interior throwing lanes.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Even if we pay out the ass for two amazing G's, it won't cost us nearly as much as top tier LT, and two dominant interior linemen is much better than one premier pass protector, especially given Brees' height and need for interior throwing lanes.
Exactly. Brees throws alot of 3 step passes, so our OGs are more important then OT really. I love Evan and especially Nicks (Nicks played better the Evans I think this year), so I think for our team we would be better with these two and the Charles Browns and Jerome Bushrods. Now if we could somehow get Kris O'Dowd in the draft..... <3 (I know we got Tennant, just a pipe dream)
Old 01-14-2011, 01:57 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greetings fellas, how likely would it be for your FO to go and sign Carolina RB DeAngelo Williams? Would he be an upgrade?

I'll hang up and listen.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote