Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 02-23-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
do we now draft Kyle Rudolph if he is there for our second rounder?
I hope we ******* don't. We have WAAAAAAY too many needs to address outside of a backup TE

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, but knowing our draft philosophy, I won't be surprised.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, can we have bush?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are you willing to give up to have him?

Old 02-24-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well I do want us to nab a decent backup TE somewhere, preferably FA though

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

useless rant

Ive decided I can live with a RB pick (although im still opposed to it) if its either todmann, kendall hunter or vereen, both fit in the saints offense well, both can be had with one of the 3rd rounders and both havent had injury troubles

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin

Last edited by wicket : 02-27-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:49 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking Saints Sign DT Shaun Rogers To A One Year Deal

As per the Associated Press --

(AP) - The New Orleans Saints says they've signed free-agent defensive tackle Shaun Rogers to a one-year contract.
Rogers is a former three-time Pro Bowl player who was recently released by Cleveland.
Saints general manager Mickey Loomis says the club on Tuesday also tendered offers to 10 restricted free agents. However, those tenders could be voided by a new collective bargaining agreement currently being negotiated by NFL owners and the players' union.
The tenders were offered to defensive tackle Remi Ayodele, left tackle Jermon Bushrod, left guard Carl Nicks, safeties Roman Harper and Usama Young, running back Pierre Thomas, receiver Lance Moore, tight end David Thomas, kicker Garrett Hartley and defensive end Jeff Charleston.

What do you guys think? Personally, I congratulate the Saints for taking decisive action to sign Rogers which fills a huge hole in our defense (pun intended) and helps us immediately.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
useless rant

Ive decided I can live with a RB pick (although im still opposed to it) if its either todmann, kendall hunter or vereen, both fit in the saints offense well, both can be had with one of the 3rd rounders and both havent had injury troubles
You can live with it, nice of you. I dont understand your thought process, you think we dont need a RB, but want us to draft a TE in the 2nd round.

Tell me, who is the Saints starting RB right now?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Who Dat Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Nation View Post
You can live with it, nice of you. I dont understand your thought process, you think we dont need a RB, but want us to draft a TE in the 2nd round.

Tell me, who is the Saints starting RB right now?
I never said I wanted a TE in the second round. The starting spot at running back is really pretty much shared between ivory, bush and thomas as of right now with hamilton being the fourth guy. Given that Payton likes to run multiple TE sets and the only guy on our roster is a Pure receiving TE with about 2 years of football (in total) under his belt I do have questions about the position. Even if you count David Thomas, who played about as much as Half back and full back as he did TE that is still 2 guys so no rotation, diversity or anything whatsoever.

But I guess if you want to be 5 deep in one position and barely 2 deep in another be my guest

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 03-02-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasting more picks on running backs isn't going to address the real problem in the running game.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A.J. Hawk was cut by the Packers today. Who disagrees that we should go after him?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-03-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never said I wanted a TE in the second round. The starting spot at running back is really pretty much shared between ivory, bush and thomas as of right now with hamilton being the fourth guy. Given that Payton likes to run multiple TE sets and the only guy on our roster is a Pure receiving TE with about 2 years of football (in total) under his belt I do have questions about the position. Even if you count David Thomas, who played about as much as Half back and full back as he did TE that is still 2 guys so no rotation, diversity or anything whatsoever.

But I guess if you want to be 5 deep in one position and barely 2 deep in another be my guest
Ok, I admit to being wrong...

Quote:
RB Pierre Thomas has agreed to a four-year contract with the Saints
This is a big surprise to me, didn't think we'd look to re-sign Pierre, happy to be wrong on this occasion..

Sig by BoneKrusher
Who Dat Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I am very happy we re-signed Thomas. It's very doubtful we go RB in the draft now.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-03-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
A.J. Hawk was cut by the Packers today. Who disagrees that we should go after him?
Quote:
I am very happy we re-signed Thomas. It's very doubtful we go RB in the draft now.
If we do go after and acquire Hawk, we are really going to be able to go BPA in the draft.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was surprised by Pierre being re-signed as well. I thought the course of events last season with the misdiagnosed ankle injury, and the tension between the Coaching staff meant he was on his way out.

This is a relief though, Pierre knows the system, hopefully last season was just a fluke with the injuries. I think this rules out the possibility of us taking Ingram by any chance.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:39 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
I was surprised by Pierre being re-signed as well. I thought the course of events last season with the misdiagnosed ankle injury, and the tension between the Coaching staff meant he was on his way out.

This is a relief though, Pierre knows the system, hopefully last season was just a fluke with the injuries. I think this rules out the possibility of us taking Ingram by any chance.
I dont think it rules it out, they went for another cb last year as well, the staff has some quirks drafting. it makes it even less likely though

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 03-04-2011, 04:24 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation Pierre Thomas re-signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post

I am also surprised at this re-signing. The fact that Pierre Thomas was injured for the majority of the season, I really thought he would be on his way out at the end of the year.

However, if we would have lost him, we would have been seriously would have been short-handed at the running back position. Reggie Bush is not the running back that Thomas is and as good as Chris Ivory is, he doesn't have the abilities that Thomas has. Behind them, Lynell Hamilton, Ladell Betts and Julius Jones are nowhere close to Thomas in terms of ability.

Now, I agree, we probably won't select Mark Ingram or any of the top running backs in the draft, but we all know the Saints have made some head-scratching moves in the past (the Robert Meachem draft anyone?) but hopefully, New Orleans will stay on the defensive side of the ball and help improve the front seven.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-04-2011, 04:40 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Post All-Time Saints Team Named

I don't know if anyone else saw this, but the New Orleans Saints in the light of their upcoming 45th season, the club named their all-time team. I decided to put it up here and see what the fans on the forum thought of the selections.

Quote:
NEW ORLEANS - The Saints Hall of Fame selection committee met recently and selected the franchise's all-time team as the club heads into its 45th year of competition. The committee, currently comprised of 19 prominent members of the local media representing print, television and radio chooses a Saints all-time team every five years. The current edition features all eras of Saints history, with 19 of the 29 honorees being named as unanimous selections.

The following is the list of the All-Time Saints team, along with their years of service to the Saints:

OFFENSE

Wide Receiver Eric Martin* (1985-93)

Wide Receiver Joe Horn* (2000-06)

Center John Hill* (1975-84)

Guard Jim Dombrowski* (1986-96)

Guard Jahri Evans* (2006-present)

Tackle Willie Roaf* (1993-2001)

Tackle Stan Brock* (1980-92)

Tight End Hoby Brenner* (1981-93)

Quarterback Drew Brees* (2006-present)

Running Back Dalton Hilliard* (1986-93)

Running Back Deuce McAllister (2001-09)

Athlete Reggie Bush (2006-present)

DEFENSE

Defensive Line Wayne Martin (1989-99)

Defensive Line Jim Wilks (1981-93)

Defensive Line Joe Johnson* (1994-98, 2000-01)

Defensive Line Will Smith (2004-present)

Linebacker Sam Mills* (1986-94)

Linebacker Vaughan Johnson* (1986-93)

Linebacker Rickey Jackson* (1981-93)

Linebacker Pat Swilling* (1986-92)

Cornerback Dave Waymer* (1980-89)

Cornerback Mike McKenzie (2004-09)

Safety Tommy Myers (1972-81)

Safety Sammy Knight (1997-02)

SPECIALISTS

Kicker Morten Andersen* (1982-94)

Punter Tommy Barnhardt (1987, 89-94, 99)

Special Teamer Fred McAfee* (1991-93, 2000-06)

Kick/Punt Returner Michael Lewis* (2001-06)

COACH

Sean Payton (2006-present)

*-unanimous selection
Personally, I have no issues with their offensive selections, even though, I'll admit, Archie Manning was the face of this franchise for a long time and deserves some sort of recognition. Danny Abramowicz was also an excellent receiver for the Saints, but I can't disagree with Eric Martin and Joe Horn, both great wideouts who were mega-popular in the Big Easy.

With regards to the defense, I suppose neither La'Roi Glover and Renaldo Turnbull weren't as good as Will Smith, according to the selection committee. But I'm happy to see that the ENTIRE Dome Patrol were unanimous selections, as they are probably the best linebacker corps in the history of the NFL (the NFL Network even selected them over the Steel Curtain, for goodness sakes!) and of course, the special teams are absolutely the right picks.

The only question I have, is Sean Payton a better coach than Jim Mora? I know, I know, Payton won us a Super Bowl ring and Mora never won a game in the post-season (playoffs?!?) -- but Mora was a good coach in his own right. If he would have had some sort of offense to go with the Dome Patrol defense and benefit from not having the L.A. Rams or more importantly, the San Francisco 49ers in their division, I'm sure he could have won the big one at least once.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-04-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
He resigned a 5 year deal. :(

Old 03-04-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give the nod to Payton as Coach, Mora was a good coach in his own right but he could never quite get the Offense to the right level in his years. Payton also has that killer instinct and is much more willing to take risks... which sometimes fail but he's not afraid to go for it.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:20 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Mora is really all that close to Payton, Mora is nice, Payton has grown from a fiery young risk taker into a really smart coach.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

I know, I'm probably not supposed to do this, but I wanted to let the readers of the DraftCountdown.com forums know that Draft Countdown's Scott Wright will be LIVE on the airwaves, at around 10 a.m. central time and will be accepting questions on the state of the NFL following the NFLPA's de-certification and what it means for the upcoming Draft.

To listen to Scott, go to TheScore1210.com and click on the "Listen Live" link on the top left of the page or check it out on the iheartradio app on your smart phones!

Call in your questions at (225) 499-1210, *1210 (cell phones only) or e-mail them to thesportssunday@yahoo.com! Myself and another member of this forum (diabsoule) are the co-hosts of the show and we'd love all the support from Who Dat DCers we can get!

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-15-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

More GM Mickey Loomis on signing DT Shaun Rogers: "We were really up front about what our expectations were and he was up front about his expectations too, so we were able to find a common ground.”

GM Mickey Loomis on DT Shaun Rogers wanting to play for a winner: “There was no question that he wanted to give himself the best chance at success, and he made that really clear from the very beginning."

GM Mickey Loomis on signing DT Shaun Rogers: “He’s a talented player and it’s just an opportunity to improve our roster and give him an opportunity to play for us and be in a different environment than he’s been in. And so it worked out."

GM Mickey Loomis on the perception of DT Shaun Rogers being lazy: “I don’t know about that. We heard a lot of good things about him and obviously you always want to visit with a player yourself and be up front about what perceptions are, but we’re going to find out for ourselves."

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-29-2011, 04:14 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Just did some minimal housekeeping, FYI.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 05-11-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any of you guys heading up to Lambeau for the opening game, Saints @ Packers, if the damn lockout ends?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote