Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 10-10-2011, 03:29 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Thank You Breesus!

No, what you are seeing is not a mirage, it is yours truly, Saints Dome Patrol, back after several months of being M.I.A.

I liken it to one of my favorite quotes from "The Simpsons":
[Smithers]: "Mr. Burns! You're alive?!"
[Burns]: *dusting himself off* "Yes, Smithers, I pulled a Jesus."

And after today's come-from-behind victory, the Saints were a little bit like Mr. Burns on Sunday. I know, I know, the Saints were winning for the majority of the ballgame, but still, New Orleans did have to come from behind to beat the Panthers.

I was a little worried there at the end, especially with the fact that I have been eating a lot of crow over Cam Newton and his successes this season. I really didn't think that he would do as well as he has done for Carolina. This Panthers team could be a dangerous, up-and-coming team in the next couple of years.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend and can survive today - I know it's Monday, so have as much fun as you can on a Monday.

Remember, every day above ground is a good day!

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:02 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome Back Saints Dome Patrol.

Didn't get a chance to post about the Carolina game as I have been out, and was working yesterday.. but the trend of Bad Refereeing has seemed to follow us. I have no clue how the Roughing the Passer Call on McBride on 3rd & 5 incomplete for the Panthers was called.. He didn't hit him in the Head, or below the waist, he didn't come in late, or even bring him to the ground. These types of calls are ruining the game.

I'm glad we're winning these close games, but I guess it feels strange how the Saints are 4-1 and yet I'm not entirely pleased with their play. I just feel like they haven't clicked yet.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
In regards to our win over Carolina: How in the hell do you get a roughing the passer call against you when the QB hasn't let go of the ball yet?
Don't get me started. I was SO pissed off when that call happen.. just beyond mad.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:48 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
I just feel like they haven't clicked yet.
The good thing is, it doesn't look like anyone else in the NFC South has either. I will feel a whole hell of a lot better if we beat TB this week.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Colston Creamery
Rookie

Colston Creamery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How do you all guys feel the OL has been holding up down two starters?
I know Strief and Kreutz were both new to the starting line up this year but they are both experienced, solid players for us.
Colston Creamery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So i've been really disappointed in our running game this year. I know we are pass first team but i thought we the three headed monster we have in Thomas, Ingram, and Sproles we would be setting up our run alot more. Now i'm totally basing this off of highlights and stats to be honest, because i've only seen two and a half games this year.

Btw when is Ivory coming back? I miss him
Old 10-15-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Kreutz seems to have been practicing all this week so he should be back, De La-Puenta, and Charles Brown have done a very solid job of filling in.. but they have made some mistakes both in pass protection, and the run game. So I would like to see the more experienced guys back in the lineup, but it's good that both Brown and La-Puenta are getting some game experience so we know we can count on them to come in, in the future if needed.

Ivory is eligible to return from PUP after this week, however I really don't know how we have the carries for him who do we sit so he can play, Pierre? Sproles? Ingram? they all have been doing their job.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey with both Colston and Meachem being FAs, do you think you guys will bring both of them back? Which one would be the preference to keep if you cant? Thanks.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Hey with both Colston and Meachem being FAs, do you think you guys will bring both of them back? Which one would be the preference to keep if you cant? Thanks.
Good question regoob, I would really love to re-sign both but I doubt that will be possible with Brees needing a new deal, and Carl Nicks, Tracy Porter's deal expiring. I actually think Colston might be the one to go as he is older, and already has had a couple of knee surgeries. (sad because he is personally one of my favorite players)

It's not a lock though as Meachem actually hasn't really performed up to my expectations of him as a "big play" WR. He had that one big play TD against Green Bay in Week 1, but has been fairly quiet since then... making little catches here and there. Really have to wait and see how the rest of the season pans out... if Colston really starts to outperform Meachem the rest of the way things could be different.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I would rather keep Colston. I like meachem but I think he is replaceable he has yet to be consistent he has flashes here and there but really if he was going to be great he would of at least beat out Henderson by now. It shave been a while since I have been back I hope to stay longer this time.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Regarding Kreutz leaving the team. I respect that he decided to leave now and not be one of those guys that just punches the clock and collects a check each week for the sake of getting a pay check; but I'm still frustrated with the whole center situation I guess De La Puenta comes back in. I think we really miss Goodwin a lot more than we thought we would, even Nicks/Evans have seemed to play worse this season in his absence.

I really think there's got to be a little more to this, something has to be wrong behind the scenes at the Saints facility. Why would an established veteran just up and leave not even half way through the season.. on a team that might contend for the Playoffs?
Old 10-22-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perhaps not in the sense "something is wrong", but I hope this has been an issue of "he made them aware of his feelings weeks ago and they decided this was the best time to take action."

Old 10-22-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Well better to get this out of the way now then in December, when we could possibly be in the midst of making a playoff push. I just kind of think Kreutz should have known whether he would be mentally/physically able to go through another NFL season "Before" he signed with us in August. Then we could have properly moved forward with De La Puenta, or Tennant. Or Tennant might have actually gotten some experience.

It is what is though. I heard from someone that Kreutz actually left, because the Coaching staff felt he wasn't playing up to par and decided to bench him and Kreutz got upset over this and wanted out.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

62-7

Christ, that wasn't even fair.

We get to play another "o-fer" crew in St. Louis next week.
It looked like we were OK without O.K.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

I think this team really needed to play at Home in the Dome, after 3 straight Weeks of playing on the Road. This type of game was almost expected however, if we didn't handle the Colts there would be questions and concerns for days.

Wasn't really concerned with Payton being up in the booth, Brees can pretty much run the Offense in his sleep anyways. My main concern right now is the injuries to Mark Ingram, and Roman Harper. What will their status be through out this week? Will we see Ivory activated?
Old 10-24-2011, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll see Ivory taken off the PUP, that's for sure. And, I think Harper's injury will be all right.. he seemed all right on the sidelines at the very least.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Old 10-24-2011, 04:02 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Saints Back In Business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Well better to get this out of the way now then in December, when we could possibly be in the midst of making a playoff push. I just kind of think Kreutz should have known whether he would be mentally/physically able to go through another NFL season "Before" he signed with us in August. Then we could have properly moved forward with De La Puenta, or Tennant. Or Tennant might have actually gotten some experience.

It is what is though. I heard from someone that Kreutz actually left, because the Coaching staff felt he wasn't playing up to par and decided to bench him and Kreutz got upset over this and wanted out.
In regards to Olin Kreutz, I'm disappointed that he left the team, but I have to agree with Auron, it's a blessing that he decided to fold in the tent poles at this point, than, like he said, in December or worse, in the middle of the playoffs. I am very surprised at the versatility of Brian de la Puenta and am glad he is doing well in the middle. If he continues to play well, we shouldn't miss a beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
62-7

Christ, that wasn't even fair.

We get to play another "o-fer" crew in St. Louis next week.
It looked like we were OK without O.K.
I agree. As I was telling my dad, it helps when you're playing a team starting their third-string quarterback and has the 27th ranked defense in the league. Man, we took the Colts to the glue factory, didn't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I think we'll see Ivory taken off the PUP, that's for sure. And, I think Harper's injury will be all right.. he seemed all right on the sidelines at the very least.
According to ESPN, Harper said that he's fine after getting dinged in last night's game.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Colston Creamery
Rookie

Colston Creamery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rough game guys. Lets try harder next week.

All jokes aside, this was definitely a moral boaster to go along with the win. The D looked well, minus a couple of long runs, but we made plays the entire game. Can't really complain about any aspect of that game.
Colston Creamery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Much better performance yesterday. Coaching Staff made it an emphasis to Out-hit the Bucs and we played much more physically and were able to establish a Running game. Getting back Strief, and David Thomas helped a lot too.. they bring so much to our blocking game.

Huge game with Atlanta coming up. Can we finally string together 2 solid games, or will we continue the trend of being inconsistent? We need to be better on the Road, as all 3 of our losses have been on the Road this year.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Robert Meachem ******* play yesterday?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Did Robert Meachem ******* play yesterday?
Yeah, only time I noticed him was when he caught a ball on the sideline but couldn't get both feet in bounds.

He's pretty much been phased out of the Offense, earlier in the year he tipped a few balls up for Interceptions, and had a few drops... which is why I think the Coaching Staff, and Drew have shied away from going to him. That plus the emergence of Graham/Sproles who are really the focal points in the Offense now.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Huge game this Sunday. Another Division, Rivalry game in Atlanta. Win and I think we finally start to separate ourselves down the stretch that we're contenders and the team to beat in the South.

Lose and we'll show we're the same inconsistent team that bounces between losses, and rebound wins...
Old 11-12-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Huge is such an understatement. I'm so pumped for the game, but we definitely have our worries and injuries going into it. If our run defense can mirror what we did against Tampa Bay, I like our chances a lot. Plus, our running game needs to be effective as it was last week as well. I doubt it's as dominant, but definitely need that balance.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hello? Saints fans? What's going on guys?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Hello? Saints fans? What's going on guys?
Just enjoying the bye week. It came at one of the best times possible so that way the corner's can get healthy. We're rounding into form for the home stretch by breaking off two wins against division opponents.

The Giants are going to give our OL fits especially on the edge where our tackle has been below average. I do see a big advantage, though, with the Saints having Sproles and Graham, two players that I don't think the Giants have the personnel to cover.

It will also take a lot to get our running game going. It's been pretty stagnant lately minus the game against Tampa.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote