Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 03-23-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints signed OLB Chris Chamberlain to a 3 year deal. He followed Spags from St. L to NOLA

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
The man stands to lose 6 million ******* dollars. I sure as **** would appeal.
I don't think he will. Goodell is obviously trying to set the tone for this type of thing being brought from behind the current of any organization and if i was Payton i was seriously mull it over and opt not to do it. Goodell being the dick he is would see to it that nothing comes of the appeal. Goodell is gonna make sure the punished stay punished for the duration he set forth. I feel it would be a waste of time for Payton to appeal. He isnt gonna get out of his year long suspension. Someone like Vitt i could see getting his suspension lowered but not Payton.

Does the signing of Chamberlain (sp) take Curtis Lofton out of the equation?
Old 03-24-2012, 07:10 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

am i the only one wondering how soft this defense wouldve been if not for the bounty program. Saints D had about the least fines, cartoffs, injuries and such forced of the entire league, is our D really that soft by themselves?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking Great News From Nola!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post

Does the signing of Chamberlain (sp) take Curtis Lofton out of the equation?
Thank goodness, but apparently not...

As per ESPN.com:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77...ee-5-year-deal

So, even in the dark shadows of the whole bounty situation, (and yes, I know we did also lose three free agents in Meachem, Nicks, and Porter) the Saints were able to sign four players, Ben Grubbs, Chris Chamberlain, Broderick Bunkley and now, according to ESPN, Curtis Lofton.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Last edited by Saints Dome Patrol : 03-24-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:49 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ecstatic about this offseason haul. Lofton, Chamberlain, and Tez Wilson is one of the best linebacking units the Saints have had in some time and Cam Jordan, Bunkley, Ellis, and the Fresh Prince is a pretty damn good starting DL.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-25-2012, 04:02 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, free agency has gone about as good as we couldve asked for

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of surprised to see how well Free Agency has gone, even through all the rough stuff we've been through during the off-season it hasn't deterred key Free Agents from signing with the Saints.

There still is the looming issue of the Brees deal not being re-solved, here's to hoping they can work out a contract with him very soon.

Also a shame we have a bare-bones Draft class to work with now, but if we can get Brees a satisfactory deal and he comes into camp happy, I still think the Saints can contend for a playoff spot even without Payton.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

One thing the signing of Chamberlain and Lofton has done is decrease the need for linebackers.

The FO set themselves up to go bpa in the draft which is always a good thing. I for one would love to see Ladarius Green in a Saints uniform. Him and Graham w/ Colston and Moore would be ridiculous.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-25-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I'm just wondering how we plan on affording it.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
I don't think he will.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...eetings-payton

At least he is considering it at present.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Loomis absolutely wrecked **** in FA Goodell is probably pissed at how well we did.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love this

Quote:
Q: Do you have a better chance to win a Super Bowl with the Saints?

A: Yes. I look at it like this. When you go to a team, it would be dumb not to think that you don’t have a better chance to win a Super Bowl with that team. I feel like Atlanta and the Saints have been evenly matched. But I really feel like there is more talent with the Saints. They defintiely can score more than two points in a playoff game. I will say that.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

How pissed are the falcons if this is true?

Quote:
quote:
-New Orleans signs MLB Curtis Lofton to a 5-year, $30 million contract with $9 million guaranteed....
Old 03-29-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Damn, that's a really manageable contract

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-30-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So does anyone actually buy that Parcells is considering coaching for us this year? It has been said that Payton and him chatted but no official deal was offered yet.

Is this just a smoke screen until Payton can have his appeal heard, so the organization can have more time to pick a replacement from within, and get their Draft strategy set up? Or does anything Parcells' might actually come out of retirement to Coach the Saints for a season?
Old 03-31-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I honestly think it serves both purposes. Parcells does the job as a favor to Payton and the appeal process gives the FO more time to line things up before the Goddell "BAN HAMMER" falls.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Quote:
-New Orleans signs MLB Curtis Lofton to a 5-year, $30 million contract with $9 million guaranteed....
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Damn, that's a really manageable contract
Not only is it manageable, ESPN's NFC South blogger Pat Yasinskas says the deal is back-loaded as Lofton's first-year salary cap figure is only $1.7 million because his base salary for the first year is only $700,000. He did get a $5 million dollar signing bonus, however. Now, of course, that's just for the first year, and he would be due a $5 million roster bonus in 2013.

For the whole blog post: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 04-01-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Hmmm...interesting... *strokes chin*

As per ESPN's Pat Yaskinsas:

Quote:
The Saints are scheduled to host free-agent cornerback Kelvin Hayden this weekend. He spent last season with the Atlanta Falcons. The Saints lost Tracy Porter in free agency, but aren’t in bad shape with veteran Jabari Greer and young players Patrick Robinson and Johnny Patrick. But it wouldn’t hurt to add a solid and experienced player like Hayden, who isn’t likely to command a high salary.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 04-01-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People can say what they like about the whole Bountygate issue and all that, our team has CLEANED up this FA. Grubbs to replace Nicks, re-signed Colston, AND Curtis Lofton from a division rival? Not to mention Chris Chamberlain but I'm lukewarm on that signing..
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I'm down with Hayden. He should come cheap, he's experienced, and would likely be our dime corner, and a pretty damn good dime corner at that.

Still, I'd like to shore up the DL first before going after Hayden. Someone like Amobi Okoye would be a stellar addition and would give us a rotation of Ellis, Bunkley, and Okoye which would be one of the better DL rotations we've had in quite some time.

If there's a way we could get Okoye and Hayden then we'd be set in the draft to just go BPA.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-01-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, our interior DL looks limited. We have, who - Ellis/Bunkley/Tom Johnson? Pretty damn thin... but adding a player there and signing Hayden would be top notch.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Has any team signed Aubrayo Franklin, or Rogers yet? Maybe we can snatch one of 'em back up with another cheap 1 year deal. This has been a very good FA class, the only thing I wish we'd still do is give Brees some long term security with his long term contract.. because I feel uneasy about him playing under the Franchise Tag.

I think we're really going to have hit some home runs this Draft, and find some diamonds in the rough.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

As per the nfl.com free agent tracker, neither one has been signed yet.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Has any team signed Aubrayo Franklin, or Rogers yet? Maybe we can snatch one of 'em back up with another cheap 1 year deal. This has been a very good FA class, the only thing I wish we'd still do is give Brees some long term security with his long term contract.. because I feel uneasy about him playing under the Franchise Tag.

I think we're really going to have hit some home runs this Draft, and find some diamonds in the rough.
This draft is paramount. The scouting dept. will definitely earn their money paycheck this year. I'd like to see the team set up to go BPA and hopefully they can get a few pieces that will help them out. I have a feeling, though, that they'll target a WR, TE, DL, and OL in the draft. Just a gut feeling.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-01-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
This draft is paramount. The scouting dept. will definitely earn their money paycheck this year. I'd like to see the team set up to go BPA and hopefully they can get a few pieces that will help them out. I have a feeling, though, that they'll target a WR, TE, DL, and OL in the draft. Just a gut feeling.
Right this one will really test the strength of our scouting department. As they (most likely) won't be able to consult with Payton or Loomis on Draft Day decisions, and we're already working shorthanded without our top picks.

I trust them to get the job done. They've pulled out quality players in late rounds of the Draft before Colston, Bushrod, Nicks, Graham. Hopefully they can work their magic again this year, the Undrafted guys we bring in will be crucial as well.