Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 01-04-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol
The Giants... :P
I'm most scared about the Giants actually. That's the team I do not want to face in the 2nd Round, although if the bad Giants show up then I'm ok.

The NFC is a funny conference, because any team (apart from IMO the Seahawks) can take this thing equally. I don't know if there's a quote on quote "favorite" right now.

Btw, good luck in the playoffs and enjoy the week off, I know we will. :P :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
I'm most scared about the Giants actually. That's the team I do not want to face in the 2nd Round, although if the bad Giants show up then I'm ok.

The NFC is a funny conference, because any team (apart from IMO the Seahawks) can take this thing equally. I don't know if there's a quote on quote "favorite" right now.

I don't want to face the Iggles. Their on a roll lately and it's tough when you face a team that's on the bubble.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

I don't want to face the Iggles. Their on a roll lately and it's tough when you face a team that's on the bubble.
Same here.. the Eagles definitely scare me.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:24 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, the team that would worry me the most is actually the Baltimore Ravens...

Fine... in the NFC, I'll make it unanimous. I'm worried about Philadelphia because as everyone knows it's very difficult to beat a team twice in the season... especially in the playoffs. And as diabsoule pointed out, they are a different team than when we played them in the regular season. Here's hoping that the Giants pull the upset. Wishful thinking, I know. :?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I heard Mike McKenzie got into a car accident, anyone know what happened?
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout
I heard Mike McKenzie got into a car accident, anyone know what happened?

Per a league source, Saints cornerback Mike McKenzie suffered a back strain after being rear ended while stopped at a traffic light outside the team facility on Wednesday.

McKenzie was taken to the hospital by ambulance as a precaution, but he is expected to be cleared to play in the team's playoff opener on the weekend of January 13 and14.

If fact, McKenzie most likely would be able to play this weekend, if the Saints hadn't earned one of the two NFC playoff byes.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-05-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Duece McAllister won the 2006 Ed Brock Courage Award from the Saints. I'm sure he deserved it.

Link here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9910053

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-05-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Saints schedule for next season:

Home Games:
Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Arizona, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Tennessee

Away Games:
Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Houston, Indianapolis

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-05-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Home Games:
Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Arizona, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Tennessee

Away Games:
Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Houston, Indianapolis
That looks like a hard a** schedule. :?

Indianapolis, Seattle, and Chicago on the road...not to mention 49ers might be an improved contending team.

Philly, Jax, and the Titans too.

and you never know if the NFC South will rebound from it's off year..Panthers, and Falcons might step it up next season..
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout
Quote:

Home Games:

Away Games:
That looks like a hard a** schedule. :?

Indianapolis, Seattle, and Chicago on the road...not to mention 49ers might be an improved contending team.

Philly, Jax, and the Titans too.

and you never know if the NFC South will rebound from it's off year..Panthers, and Falcons might step it up next season..
I have to agree with Star Wideout here... this has the makings of a killer schedule.

But, the Saints should also continue to improve and so I'm actually excited to see how the Saints would do against teams like Indianapolis, Seattle and Chicago.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 01-06-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Sean Payton is NFL Coach of the Year...here's the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2722296

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 01-06-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Sean Payton is NFL Coach of the Year...here's the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2722296
He deserved it more than Mangini.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-06-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Out of our 3 possible opponents, I am actually most worried about us playing Seattle. Why? We already played Dallas and Philly, so we pretty much know a good bit of what to expect. We haven't played Seattle, which basically has the same team together that went to the Superbowl last year.

I'm hoping we get Dallas, but that would mean the Giants would have to win their game... something I just don't see happening.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Let's hope the Giants win today because I think we can beat Seattle. Not so sure about the Eagles.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-07-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The two NFC Wildcard games have made me feel very confident.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 01-07-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Let's hope the Giants win today because I think we can beat Seattle. Not so sure about the Eagles.
Hmm, you seemed to have a change of heart this afternoon. But I understand why.

Now, we can prepare ourselves all week for the rematch between Philadelphia and New Orleans. :D

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 01-08-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles are really, really hot but... it's just time for us to handle our business in the Dome. Let's go get it done next Saturday!
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Allright, so it's the Eagles now. They look good out there. Their defensive play has stepped up, Jeff Garcia looks to be a better fit than Donovan McNabb in the WCO, and Brian Westbrook looks terrific.
Our defense is going to have their hands full against Philadelphia. The key to this matchup is to contain Westbrook. He's their main threat. Stop him and force their receivers to step up. Donte Stallworth & Reggie Brown can be stopped too. We also much contain Jeff Garcia and keep him in the pocket. We let him make plays with his legs.

Our offense needs to attack their D hard. The Giants were successful running the ball against them and we can do that too. They struggle to stop the run on the outside so sending Reggie out there and put Karney in the flat. Brees needs to take some shots downfield especially with Colston. The Giants were able to exploit the mismatch with Burress against Lito Shephard and we need to do that with Colston. The Eagles are aggressive so we need to do some play action and reverses.

I think we have a shot at winning this game but we need to come out of the gate hard and ready. I think Seattle has a good chance of beating Chicago and now we need to handle our business against Philly. I expect this game to be close just like last time.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-08-2007, 02:37 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
The Eagles are really, really hot but... it's just time for us to handle our business in the Dome. Let's go get it done next Saturday!
Not really. I thought the Eagles looked incredibly beatable today.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Not really. I thought the Eagles looked incredibly beatable today.
Bingo. I'm feeling pretty good about our chances.

We just mauled the Giants a few weeks ago, and they really didn't play much better yesterday, but that game still came down to a field goal. We're capable of beating Philly comfortably, we just have to execute.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 01-08-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Green Kool Aid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey folks, an Eagles fan poking in to say hi, and that it should be a great matchup.

I actually have Jahri Evan's niece sitting in my classroom right now (she's testing). Props to Jahri for making it big from Frankford.

But as much as he is a source of pride, I gotta root for my Iggles!

This one's gonna be a classic! At the beginning of the playoffs, I predicted a Saints-Chargers Super Bowl. So, it's no shame in losing to a good team...But we don't plan on losing.
Green Kool Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

This should be a very good game. I'm expecting a close one.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-09-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Allright, so it's the Eagles now. They look good out there. Their defensive play has stepped up, Jeff Garcia looks to be a better fit than Donovan McNabb in the WCO, and Brian Westbrook looks terrific.
Our defense is going to have their hands full against Philadelphia. The key to this matchup is to contain Westbrook. He's their main threat. Stop him and force their receivers to step up. Donte Stallworth & Reggie Brown can be stopped too. We also much contain Jeff Garcia and keep him in the pocket. We let him make plays with his legs.

Our offense needs to attack their D hard. The Giants were successful running the ball against them and we can do that too. They struggle to stop the run on the outside so sending Reggie out there and put Karney in the flat. Brees needs to take some shots downfield especially with Colston. The Giants were able to exploit the mismatch with Burress against Lito Shephard and we need to do that with Colston. The Eagles are aggressive so we need to do some play action and reverses.

I think we have a shot at winning this game but we need to come out of the gate hard and ready. I think Seattle has a good chance of beating Chicago and now we need to handle our business against Philly. I expect this game to be close just like last time.
Well, after reading reports that Eagles CB Lito Sheppard will be out for this game could help the Saints capture some early game momentum if they are able to exploit this weakness. With that in mind, the Saints should still continue to run the ball, pounding it inside with Deuce McAllister and to the outside with Reggie Bush and Devery Henderson. Without Sheppard, the Eagles don't have a number one corner and we should be able to make some big plays against their depleted secondary. Hopefully, if Joe Horn returns to the starting lineup, we will have a true possession receiver back in the lineup.

As for when the Eagles have the ball, I'm really hoping that Hollis Thomas has a breakout game like he did in the first game between these two teams. If he is able to stuff the middle of the field, it will allow for our linebackers to get pressure on Jeff Garcia and hopefully slow down Brian Westbrook. With Garcia as their quarterback, the Eagles are a more balanced team than with McNabb. We need to shut down Westbrook and hopefully make their team one dimensional.

I'll post more as the kickoff nears... but I agree with everybody. It should be a great game.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 01-10-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so hows my buddy alfred fincher doin over in the big easy? i heard he played a lot in the last game of the season and he had like 5-6 tackles...i hope he sticks cuz he was a 3rd round pick and was supposed to start at some point in his rook year and was the starter for this year until the simoneau trade and hes been 2nd string ever since im really hopin he gets the chance he deserves
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
corporaten45

sorry man but Fincher isn't going to get much time, even though he looked much better then last time he played. That guy Clark [from the raiders] looked amazing that game Fincher played.

----

Hey everyone,
if anyone has any doubt about how well the saints will do we have nothing to fear from the eagles this saturday. The eagles DBs are all about 5'10..... so Colston [6'4 i think] will have a big day. Once Brees and company march down the field quickly with the passing game and get a couple touchdowns, our running game will take them over. I actually think that the eagles [if i'm remembering right] aren't statistically good against the run. So once our passing game scores quickly, and it will, Westbrook's running game is out the window. The eagles will have to become one dimensional to keep up with our offense's scoring.
In addition, the eagles have had no breaks and will be quite fatigued come the 3rd and 4th quarters.
Can i ask some of you how long the saints have been able to heal and rest??? [the answer is a LONGG time, 2-4 weeks for most].
Sooooooo what does this equal................ An easy, and HUGE win for our fu**ing amazing saints. OUR OFFENSE CANNOT BE STOPPED.

Our saints are going to march on to the Superbowl...
-Geaux Saints-