Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 01-11-2007, 03:44 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt117
so hows my buddy alfred fincher doin over in the big easy? i heard he played a lot in the last game of the season and he had like 5-6 tackles...i hope he sticks cuz he was a 3rd round pick and was supposed to start at some point in his rook year and was the starter for this year until the simoneau trade and hes been 2nd string ever since im really hopin he gets the chance he deserves
Fincher played well but I think he's going to get cut after this year. I don't think he has what it takes to be a LB in Payton's scheme.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn man he seemed to have the potential to play and was hopin to see a kid from my hometown and high school get the chance
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of this 4 Rd mock draft for us:

1st Rd -
Greg Olsen, TE, Miami

He gives us a Jeremy Shockey type TE and would be the final piece to our offensive puzzle.

2nd Rd -
Fred Bennett, CB, South Carolina

We need defensive bach help badly and Bennett is a very nice prospect who fell because of how deep the DB position is in this draft.

3rd Rd (from Philly) -
Kareem Brown, DT, Miami

Brown shows a ton of potential and possesses a huge/massive frame that can really be used to clog the middle. He can help take over for Hollis Thomas.

3rd Rd -
Steve Smith, WR, USC

I changed the pick after some thinking to the guy I like and that's Steve Smith. I think he'd be great for the Saints especially with Payton coaching him up. I think he'd be excellent in the black and gold.

4th Rd (From K.C.) -
Anthony Waters, LB, Clemson

Excellent ILB before his injury and will turn out to be a steal for us.

4th Rd -
DeAndre Jackson, CB, Iowa State

Very good CB prospect that fell due to injury. He should be able to bounce back and compete with Bennett for the starting job. Between him, Bennett, and McKenzie we would have a nice blend of veteran and rookie talent, and we also drafted the replacement for Thomas and McKenzie respectively.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-11-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
What do you guys think of this 4 Rd mock draft for us:

1st Rd -
Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
He gives us a Jeremy Shockey type TE and would be the final piece to our offensive puzzle.
Well, I'm guessing that this is predicting that the Saints are drafting very late in the first round and that players like LBs Patrick Willis, Buster Davis and Paul Posluszny along with CB Darrelle Revis are taken.

With that being said, I don't know if I like New Orleans taking Greg Olsen. Like you said, Olsen's a Shockey type tight end, and I'm not fond of Jeremy Shockey. I think that if that's the case, I'd prefer us trading down and getting another pick in the second round. I think that defense is a bigger need than tight end.

Quote:
2nd Rd -
Fred Bennett, CB, South Carolina
We need defensive bach help badly and Bennett is a very nice prospect who fell because of how deep the DB position is in this draft.
Okay, this is more like it, I think that defensive back is one of our main needs. I like how he's bigger than most corners in the Draft, but I don't know if I like the fact that he has durability concerns. Also, according to Scott's site, he gets beaten too often. This sounds really familiar... and I don't know if that's what the Saints need.

Quote:
3rd Rd (from Philly) -
Kareem Brown, DT, Miami
Brown shows a ton of potential and possesses a huge/massive frame that can really be used to clog the middle. He can help take over for Hollis Thomas.
As for this pick, I think that this fills a need since both Hollis Thomas and Brian Young aren't getting any younger. Also, both of them could be improved and this guy seems to be a good size and has lots of upside.

Quote:
3rd Rd -
Rhema McKnight, WR, Notre Dame
Joe Horn is getting up there and I don't expect him to be around for much longer. I expect Colston to become the #1 and McKnight can step in and be the #2. He's an excellent blocker and can make all the catches.
I like the idea of a wide receiver but I think that McKnight is an injury concern. The guy did tear his ACL in 2005 so I don't know about his durability. Although I do agree that Horn won't be around forever, I would wonder if there aren't other receivers out there that are just as good and aren't as fragile.

Quote:
4th Rd (From K.C.) -
Anthony Waters, LB, Clemson
Excellent ILB before his injury and will turn out to be a steal for us.
Boy, you like drafting injury prone people... :?

Quote:
4th Rd -
DeAndre Jackson, CB, Iowa State
Very good CB prospect that fell due to injury. He should be able to bounce back and compete with Bennett for the starting job. Between him, Bennett, and McKenzie we would have a nice blend of veteran and rookie talent, and we also drafted the replacement for Thomas and McKenzie respectively.
Again, what's with the injury prone players? Can't we draft someone who isn't going to blow out their ACL or tear a hamstring? :razz:

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Horn is out for Saturday.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Huge game tomorrow. Geaux Saints!

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-13-2007, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today is that f'n day. OMG, I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. LET'S GO GUYS!
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 01-13-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Who Dat?! Who Dat?! Who Dat Say They Gonna Beat Dem Saints? Who Dat?! Who Dat?!

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-13-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

*chestbumps all for good luck*

Old 01-13-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A girl I worked with posted this poem on MySpace, so I thought I would share it with y'all here:

Out of the fire
And up from the flood
A great team is born
Made of guts, steel and blood

Their history a low one
No one can deny
Their new rise a slow one
But oh now so high

This team that I speak of
Is of black and gold
And travels the gridiron
So brave and so bold

Their symbol is royalty
We call Fleur de lis
And proud New Orleanians
Watch it with glee

Come Deuce and come Reggie
Come Drew and come Joe
Come Marques and Terrance
Now go beat the foe

The course is set plainly
There is clearly a goal
Go show all the world
A storm can't kill our soul

To the men in black jerseys
The tights and the cleats
Know that we love you
In wins and defeats

And to you, Sean Payton
The coach of our dreams
Thank you from all of us
Who give jumps, yells and screams

You have given us purpose
You have given us hope
You have given us will
And a reason to cope

To all of the Saints
Who reside in the Dome
Thanks for making our city
A proud place to call home.

GO SAINTS! WHO DAT?!

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 01-13-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
*chestbump*

Too bad you couldn't come into LA to watch the game with me and SaintsDomePatrol.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-13-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
*chestbump*

Too bad you couldn't come into LA to watch the game with me and SaintsDomePatrol.
I know. :( But, I do plan on transferring to LSU next year so...

Old 01-13-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
*chestbump*

*chestbump*

Here's a toast to all the Saints fan on the forum:

*lifts glass to diabsoule, Flyboy, T-Col, twwtiger, GeauxSaints, and all the Saints fans on the forum (and yes even Keak The Sneak)*

Who dat? Who dat? Who dat sey dey goin' beat dem Saints?!

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 01-13-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Joe Horn is OFFICIALLY out for the game. Time for Devery and Copper to step it up.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol
Quote:
Quote:
*chestbump*

*chestbump*

Here's a toast to all the Saints fan on the forum:

*lifts glass to diabsoule, Flyboy, T-Col, twwtiger, GeauxSaints, and all the Saints fans on the forum (and yes even Keak The Sneak)*

Who dat? Who dat? Who dat sey dey goin' beat dem Saints?!
:|
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Hahaha. :)

Old 01-13-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

**** you guys.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

*chestbumps TPFKA#1SaintsFan*

There.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whew, wow that was a close game. Payton needs to get that brain of his checked for that option call though.

Congrats on the win fellas.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Jew baca is back

the saints are a bunch of ******* chinks with no balls
Old 01-13-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jew baca is back
the saints are a bunch of *********** chinks with no balls
this is some quality spam here. a real troll. none of that spam-bot crap, no siree. this is 100% asshole human being.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jew baca is back
the saints are a bunch of *********** chinks with no balls
dude do you have no life
Old 01-14-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Reggie is a great change of pace and threat to go all the way but if they wanna win against the Bears if that's who they play he shouldn't get anymore than 5 carries, you can throw the ball to him but him running will be ineffective and ball security will be an issue, with as great as Deuce has been he should be the workhorse next week and Reggie needs a decreased role for this week.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Yeah, I'm hoping Deuce sees more touches next week against whoever. Reggie's great out of the backfield as a receiver but I don't see him receiving many carries.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-14-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Time to go to Chicago and break some hearts.