Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 03-20-2014, 08:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not so sure we grab a tackle in the first three rounds. We've had the most success with OL's drafted in the 4th and beyond. I do think we grab a guy like Charles Leno (OT - Boise St.) or Michael Schofield (OT - Michigan) or an OL that has fallen with one of our 5th.

I can see our first three picks going WR, CB, DE/OLB in no particular order. I would be very surprised if we didn't draft one of those three in the first three rounds.

And Bert, I'm sorry to hear about your loss and the loss for the Who Dat Nation.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:09 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can honestly see us selecting a TE early and releasing Watson...
Old 03-20-2014, 11:29 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I can honestly see us selecting a TE early and releasing Watson...
I think it's a strong possibility depending on who's there. If Troy Niklas is there then absolutely.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-24-2014, 11:38 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way guys, I am still hoping we get Deone. As much 3 safety sets we run, having him with Vaccarro and Byrd would be amazing.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:36 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By the way guys, I am still hoping we get Deone. As much 3 safety sets we run, having him with Vaccarro and Byrd would be amazing.
I think we are set at safety. I think they are really high on Bush and his potential.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:08 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
I think we are set at safety. I think they are really high on Bush and his potential.
Bush still hasnt signed. To be honest I would rather us use the 1+ mil towards Graham and get Deone, who is better to me.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:07 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bush still hasnt signed. To be honest I would rather us use the 1+ mil towards Graham and get Deone, who is better to me.
Oh crap I totally thought they resigned him my bad.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:10 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to New Orleans, Champ Bailey.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:33 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Welcome to New Orleans, Champ Bailey.
now i really do want to double dip at wideout. give champ the year and see how PRob gets back from injury and how white develops.

adding bodies at wideout and fixing that position for the future as well would help the team a ton in the long run id say

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:04 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Raphael Bush has received a 2 year/$4.5 million offer from Atlanta and hopes the Saints don't match.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-06-2014, 10:17 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see us coming up with that much to keep him.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
now i really do want to double dip at wideout. give champ the year and see how PRob gets back from injury and how white develops.

adding bodies at wideout and fixing that position for the future as well would help the team a ton in the long run id say
Besides Colston all our other WR's have 3 or less years, which I think is a pretty solid future.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:59 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Besides Colston all our other WR's have 3 or less years, which I think is a pretty solid future.
I don't have much faith in Nick Toon panning out nor Andy Tanner being more than a practice squad superstar so who does that leave? Kenny Stills and?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-07-2014, 01:53 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I don't have much faith in Nick Toon panning out nor Andy Tanner being more than a practice squad superstar so who does that leave? Kenny Stills and?
Toon was having a solid preseason last year, so I think if he has another year under his belt with Brees and company he could definitely become someone. It took Lance 4 years to become who he was, Meachem his second year, etc.... This is basically Toons second year because of his knee injury his rookie year. Toon has the size, speed, and at Wisconsin showed he had hands to have a shot. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Toons #2 on the DC (Stills in slot) when the season starts.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:03 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

I think after that terrible game against the Jets they just phased Toon out.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:08 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
I think after that terrible game against the Jets they just phased Toon out.
ESPN says he wasn't even targeted that game.... Did I miss something?
Old 04-09-2014, 07:59 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

busy doing a group mock draft where I do the saints.

thusfar:
1st Kyle Fuller
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Weston Richburg
4th: Trevor Reilly

thoughts

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:42 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

Quote:
ESPN says he wasn't even targeted that game.... Did I miss something?
He had several drops on what would have been massive gains. After that game you didn't see him all that much the rest of the season.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I don't see us coming up with that much to keep him.
Well....We did
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:12 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Then we must be in the negative right now. I see Brian De La Puente signed with Chicago. So now we are really in a cap crunch and we have no center.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk why we paid that much for someone who doesn't even want to be here.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

All we are is one Brees' restructure and we can clear up a major amount of money. Also, long terming Jimmy could net us cap clearance too.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Joel Corry ?@corryjoel 16m
Brodrick Bunkley created $2.85M of cap room for the Saints. He cut his '14 salary from $4.5M to $1.65M. He gets a $300k 4/10 roster bonus.
Also Champ details

Quote:
Bailey has two $250K roster bonuses (5th day of league year, Week 1) and $1.5M base in 2015. So, base value of deal is 2 years, $3.75M.
Quote:
However, Bailey can earn up to $3M in incentives/escalators for interceptions, Pro Bowl, playing time. Low-risk move for #Saints.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:04 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Loomis is a stud. A flat out stud.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:26 PM    (permalink
aregand
Rookie

aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

What do you guys think about center? One depth chart I saw had Velito there, I thought he was a guard.
aregand is offline   Reply With Quote