Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 01-14-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
I know Reggie is a great change of pace and threat to go all the way but if they wanna win against the Bears if that's who they play he shouldn't get anymore than 5 carries, you can throw the ball to him but him running will be ineffective and ball security will be an issue, with as great as Deuce has been he should be the workhorse next week and Reggie needs a decreased role for this week.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. If you watched the game today, teams don't do well running outside on us, mostly because of the sideline-to-sideline speed of Urlacher and Briggs. This is another reason why we own Mike Vick everytime we play him. The best plan for the Saints, IMO, is to run Deuce up the middle and run max-protect slants with Colston and Horn. I actually fear the ability of Colston to find holes in our defense than any offensive player on your team. I don't see Bush doing too much.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring on the Bears. I'm sure Sean Payton will come up with a good game plan but the only thing we need to do is execute. We also need our defense to really step up and do something special.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
Bring on the Bears. I'm sure Sean Payton will come up with a good game plan but the only thing we need to do is execute. We also need our defense to really step up and do something special.
I saw basically the same two teams this weekend. Two teams with good offenses, but defenses that struggled in the pass game. And defenses that had trouble with the run game at times.

Good luck next week and hopefully everyone stays healthy for you guys.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
I saw basically the same two teams this weekend. Two teams with good offenses, but defenses that struggled in the pass game. And defenses that had trouble with the run game at times.

I was thinking that exact same thing. Good luck guys. This should be one hell of a game. I hope you guys stay injury free as well.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-14-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What do the NO fans think of Peyton's call to pitch to Bush at that point in the game with Deuce running so well?

I thought he could have cost ya the game but the False Start on the Iggles bailed him out.

Any reactions?
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
What do the NO fans think of Peyton's call to pitch to Bush at that point in the game with Deuce running so well?

I thought he could have cost ya the game but the False Start on the Iggles bailed him out.

Any reactions?
I'm not a Saints fan but I though it was a terrible call. Deuce was killing hte Eagles up the middle, and then Sean tried to get cute and it almost cost them the game.

I was even pissed off at that call.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Any reactions?
Boy, we were lucky to get the ball back without the Eagles scoring... right after the fumble, this guy was saying "Overtime!" and my friend said, "Oh no, we're going to shut them down and win the game now!"

And thank goodness, he was right.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

In regards to the Saints, I felt like we did a decent job stopping the run (with the exception of that 62 yard burst by Westbrook) but were poor against the pass. Hopefully, we can contain Jones and Benson and make Rex Grossman try to beat us. I think that if we can get to Grossman early and often, we can rattle him and cause him to have a bad game.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 01-14-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Well, it is official, Saints and New England are the luckiest folks on the planet.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol
Quote:
Quote:

In regards to the Saints, I felt like we did a decent job stopping the run (with the exception of that 62 yard burst by Westbrook) but were poor against the pass. Hopefully, we can contain Jones and Benson and make Rex Grossman try to beat us. I think that if we can get to Grossman early and often, we can rattle him and cause him to have a bad game.
Rex got beat up the entire game today and still played well, which was surprising. He had constant heat in his face.

He will make bad decisions though if you get pressure on him, I can guarantee you that.

Both rush defenses were very good in points, and very bad in points of their respective games. The only difference I saw in you guys was that you could actually get a pass rush with your DL's, something we could not do at all.

Deuce really scares me though (as does Bush), but Deuce more because he's a downhill type runner and we struggle against those (see Alexander today).

Hopefully it's a dandy of a game.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i just want to say to all the saints fans, good luck. im really pulling for you guys against the teddy bears
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to let you know my dad came from louisiana and im a fan of the saints but i migh have to root against um if the colts win...

Id rather play the chicago bears then the Saints.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Go Saints! the whole country is pullin' for you

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:

Any reactions?
I thought it was a terrible call. I think Payton thinks too hard about how to break a long run than he does to control the clock and pound the ball. That play was just awful and there was no need for it. I thin Deuce should have received the majority of the carries because the Eagles couldn't stop us from running. I know Bush needs his carries and all but when one runner (Deuce) is just demolishing the run defense then it become pretty obvious what you need to do.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-15-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

diabsoule, mad props to you for finding me this sweet Carmen Electra avatar and thanks to jkpigskin for the sig. For those of you who remember I had a Saints Dome Patrol sig that actually featured the four members of that great linebacking corps. Unfortunately, for some reason, it got trashed or something so now I have this one for the time being until I get a new one made.

I'll be sure to post some of my terrific insight on the Saints-Bears matchup in the coming days. I had to take off of work, but this time around, I'm watching the game with my boy diabsoule and my friends! :D

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 01-15-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If we can stop Benson/Jones, I really like our chances. The only thing that worries me is Berrian going against Fred Thomas... that's a double move away from a TD. :| And, Devin Hester. I think that if we can establish the run early with Deuce/Bush and keep the pressure off of Brees, we'll win. I'm just hoping for a good game with no injuries.. and a win, of course.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If we can stop Benson/Jones, I really like our chances. The only thing that worries me is Berrian going against Fred Thomas... that's a double move away from a TD. :| And, Devin Hester. I think that if we can establish the run early with Deuce/Bush and keep the pressure off of Brees, we'll win. I'm just hoping for a good game with no injuries.. and a win, of course.
Whichever team runs the ball and stops the run most effectively will win this game IMO. Both teams have shotty secondaries right now so they cancel out. The run game will be the tale of this game from where I'm standing.

We're going to have our hands full with Deuce and Reggie. But the Saints are going to have their hands full with TJ and Benson (possibly AP if something happens).

Also the team that turns the ball over the least will win this game as well. Again, good luck on Sunday, stay healthy, and bring your A games.

Hopefully we'll do the same. See ya guys and god bless.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Hope Saints lose.

Sick and tired of seeing the REFs and Media actively rooting for this team.

False start?? False start? How about DB's Illegal Use of Hands, which NO does about every pass play. (*And this is a Cowboys fan saying it*)

Enuff Katrina sympathy. No one really cares anymore.

Go Bears.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Hope Saints lose.

False start?? False start? How about DB's Illegal Use of Hands, which NO does about every pass play. (*And this is a Cowboys fan saying it*)

Go Bears.
You are a classless human being.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bmoreravens5289
Rookie

bmoreravens5289 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Quote:
Hope Saints lose.

Go Bears.
Agreed. I'm rooting for the Saints to win the Superbowl.

Sig by BuckNaked
Ravens
Baltimore Orioles
Maryland Terrapins
bmoreravens5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Hope Saints lose.

Go Bears.
That is what happens when you bleed dry the sympathy well. I am all out of sympathy for everyone else. I lived 3 FL Hurricanes. I can't get insurance.

So whatever to a bunch of knuckleheads living under sea level with a bigot Mayor and Governor who where more interested in politics than helping constituents.

But football .......................

As a statement of fact, the REFs are twisting calls to your teams benefit and that ain't right.

Eagels got robbed and that is only one small sample of this year's REFs in the NO games.

Go Bears!
Old 01-15-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hope Saints lose.

Go Bears.
That is what happens when you bleed dry the sympathy well. I am all out of sympathy for everyone else. I lived 3 FL Hurricanes. I can't get insurance.

So whatever to a bunch of knuckleheads living under sea level with a bigot Mayor and Governor who where more interested in politics than helping constituents.

As a statement of fact, the REFs are twisting calls to your teams benefit and that ain't right.

Eagels got robbed and that is only one small sample of this year's REFs in the NO games.

Go Bears!
Okay, so you're bitter and classless.

And you don't know what you're talking about, either. Leave this thread.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 01-15-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoreravens5289
Quote:
Quote:
Hope Saints lose.

Go Bears.
Agreed. I'm rooting for the Saints to win the Superbowl.
Well, we can agree on one thing -- it is the fashionable pick. Like saying you support mothehood and apple pie. I am too egalitarian for that silly emotionalism.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hope Saints lose.

Go Bears.

Go Bears!

Whatever, as much as you want to think your problems are more important than others...... they are not. Sorry.

With that said, god blesses those who help themselves. So I congratulate the "non-victims" on the Gulf Coast. You represent the best of us.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hope Saints lose.

Go Bears.

Go Bears!

Whatever, as much as you want to think your problems are more important than others...... they are not. Sorry.

With that said, god blesses those who help themselves. So I congratulate the "non-victims" on the Gulf Coast. You represent the best of us.
You're making yourself look like a fool. Grow up.

I know you're probably still upset about 42-17 and your team flunking out of the playoffs, but it's time to move on.

Sig by jkpigskin