Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 02-24-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said bust worthy as of now. For a guy who was so hyped up, and taken number 2 overall, he has not produced.

Of course he can get better. I would like him to get better.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it his fault he was so hyped? Not a chance. I wouldn't call Mario Williams, AJ Hawk, ect busts even though they haven't done great yet. You can't call a 2 year pro a bust, it's just dumb.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you mean havent done great yet? Hawk has had 2 100+ tackle seasons, and Mario Williams just recorded a 14.5 sack season and seems to be only getting better.

Reggie Bush has 312 carries in his NFL career for 1146 yards with a 3.7 average. Jerious Norwood who was in the same class and a 3rd round pick has 202 carries for 1246 yards for a 6.2 average.

His receiving ability is good but has so many plays designed for him and has Brees as his QB so he is still going to get alot of looks. Even with that, his average YPC is 7.2 (Jerious Norwood has a 9.5 average).

Bush also has 10 fumbles and 5 lost in his career. Not so hot.

And he was leading the league in dropped passes before he got injured this season.

I would say he is a bust as of right now. Things could change and he could as of right now, remove his bust tag. And ****, I want him to do better because I LIKE him.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 02-24-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You will never win a bust argument on a 2 year player. You need 3 years, simple as that. Is Calvin Johnson a bust? Is Jamarcus Russell a bust? They were both hyped just as much if not more than Reggie and see what happened with them. You can't judge stats in this system, its a 2 back system where Deuce got the majority of the touches. Not to mention he was injured for the majority of last year.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 02-24-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I think you're forgetting how much hype Bush got, dude. Russell had nowhere near that.

But I don't agree that we should call him a bust yet. Hes still got some learning and growing to do as a player. Give him a few more years..if he still averages 3.7 yards a carry, then I'll agree.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

How long was Russell a virtual #1 lock leading up to the draft? Quite a while. They hyped up his size, arm strength, ect so much it was ridiculous. Which is why I absolutely hate the media.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 02-24-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Yea I think it will be great for him..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calling Bush a bust just after two years is just as bad as calling Mario Williams a bust after his rookie season. Overhyped? Yes. A bust? Can't judge that yet.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I am just putting a temporary bust tag on him. It can be easily removed.

I guess thats the same thing as saying the jury isnt out on him.

lol.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I just do not think he was ready for the full role last year. When Duce went down they asked him to do alot. He had a lot of pressure and he is just not built for that full time role yet.. The kid has so much talant its just a matter of time till he breaks out..Not that he has been doing nothing. But he will have a great pro bowl type year in the next 1-3 years..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-25-2008, 09:32 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree he was no tready for it.; Duece went down and buch was put in a role he did prepare for..

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jeff Faine?

There is talk the Chiefs could make a strong push for Jeff Faine if he hits the FA market can I get some info on him don't know much about him?

Please and thanks.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For starters it looks like he has priced himself out of New Orleans. Rumors has it that he is looking to become the highest payed center in the NFL. We re-signed backup C Jonathan Goodwin yesterday, so it's more than likely that Faine will hit the open market.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I understand we are in a fight with TB on who gets to talk with him first this weekend.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:51 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No luck for you guys. He didn't even make it out of Tampa, and is now the highest payed center in the league.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

I am so glad we did not pay that money for him....He is ok. he is on his way down career waise.. Not worth that money.. Good for him.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 03-01-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
I am so glad we did not pay that money for him....He is ok. he is on his way down career waise.. Not worth that money.. Good for him.
How is he on his way down? He is 26
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Hes not that good. I mean, hes solid, but the highest paid center? No way.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

I hated him in Cleveland considering he was a RD1 pick. Great if not one of the best in pass protection, but gets dominated in the run game. That style just could not fit in our division with Pitt and the Ravens.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
How is he on his way down? He is 26
Just becouse he is young does not mean he is not on his way down. Thats why the browns traded him. He played good for us but his run blocking is crap and if im paying that much money I want a well balanced player...The Bucs love the run that is a big part of there game. So why pay that much money for a pass protect center?..He will play well for them but not as well as the money he is getting payed.....Great for him..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 03-02-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
Just becouse he is young does not mean he is not on his way down. Thats why the browns traded him. He played good for us but his run blocking is crap and if im paying that much money I want a well balanced player...The Bucs love the run that is a big part of there game. So why pay that much money for a pass protect center?..He will play well for them but not as well as the money he is getting payed.....Great for him..
I have to agree I dont now how he will help in a run based Offence?

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys I'm trying to get a mock FA/ Draft goin and the Saints are astill open

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=18848

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they used Reggie correctly he would be a star I don't think he is a bust though
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.
Default robert mechem?

what happened to him? I saw his player profile and there were no stats, was he hurt the whole year im guessing? do you think he could get a lot of playing time this year?
Old 03-06-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
what happened to him? I saw his player profile and there were no stats, was he hurt the whole year im guessing? do you think he could get a lot of playing time this year?
He was injured all year. He tore up the practice squad, though. And right now it looks like he's going to be the #2 next to Colston. I think his main competition will be David Patten.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote