Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 04-11-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe the former. New York media (as mouthpieces for the team) and Giants fans are trying to play it off like the Saints offered, hahaha NO.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:24 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One idea that I have been curiously tossing around in my head is a possible trade for NY Jets DT Dewayne Robertson. He's relatively young, he's talented, and has experience. He does come with a hefty contract but that's the price you have to pay sometimes.

This is a trade that was worked out in the mock draft and I wonder if realistically it could work:

New Orleans Saints receive:
DT Dewayne Robertson
Pick #102

NY Jets receive:
Pick #78

The value in the outdated trade value chart roughly equals out to a very, very high 4th rounder.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds good to me except for his contract. If we can get him to sign a new (and cheaper) deal it sounds very good :)

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

A cheaper deal would be nice. But I would take him.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The contract would probably keep me away.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can get him signed to a new deal I'm all for it :)
How about Robertson and Ellis inside and Vilma right behind them? Should make up for a nice improvement of our D!

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:20 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
If we can get him signed to a new deal I'm all for it :)
How about Robertson and Ellis inside and Vilma right behind them? Should make up for a nice improvement of our D!
Ellis and Robertson would be pretty damn sweet, however, I am salivating at the thought of Robertson plus Trevor Laws (2nd) with Vilma and Keith Rivers playing behind them.

What I like about Laws is that he plays like a DE and has played that position before in college. On passing downs if we have McCray, Grant, Laws, and Smith all lined up then the opposing QB would have almost no time in the pocket with all of those pass rushers.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-14-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/s.../17655669.html

Quote:
New Orleans Saints running back Reggie Bush recently joked that his friend and neighbor, Hornets point guard Chris Paul, is putting a lot of pressure on me with his MVP-caliber season.

Now Ive got to come and have an equal or better year, Bush said. Ive got to get the crowd chanting MVP.
Hopefully he can stay healthy and finally break out this year. Pierre Thomas should take some carries and pressure off of him too. Sounds like he's really getting dedicated and motivated though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC View Post
http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/s.../17655669.html

Hopefully he can stay healthy and finally break out this year. Pierre Thomas should take some carries and pressure off of him too. Sounds like he's really getting dedicated and motivated though.
Drew Brees is actually not your QB. Its Chris Paul in a costume.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, the Saints and McAllister have worked out a revised contract. The details aren’t clear, but Schefter says that McAllister could make the full $4.7 million he was due to earn this season if he returns to the form that got him said contract.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 04-14-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Im glad we are hanging on to McAllister for now.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 05-04-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

What do you guys think Pierre Thomas' role is going to be this season?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-04-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
What do you guys think Pierre Thomas' role is going to be this season?
Its hard to say. If Deuce is healthy then I see him only as a ST guy.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 05-04-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
Its hard to say. If Deuce is healthy then I see him only as a ST guy.
Ehhh, I doubt that. First, even if Deuce is back he won't truly be back - not with those type of injuries. I hope to see Deuce & PT split time as the workhorse backs with Reggie Bush being used all around the field.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Old 05-11-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Full NFL Draft

Hey, I need a co-gm for a full 53 man NFL draft. Pm me if you are interested or just post here:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=22494

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jason Taylor to N.O.?

On NFL Total Access, Adam Scheffter just said New Orleans was a strong possibility for J.T.
What are your thoughts? What would we be willing to give up for someone of his age?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

why would the saints go for him they have 3 good DE
plus they have to sign Will Smith to a huge contract
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, true enough, Bobby McCray is good enough to be a starter (in my opinion) should Charles Grant ,um...not be available (I believe he will), but Miami has stated they want a 1st round pick in return. Too steep of a price in my opinion.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I think it's just pure speculation at this point. Although I like Sheffter and think he is accurate more than any others, I think he is off on this one.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-30-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Giving up a third or fourth for Taylor assuming we can get him for a decent contract would be great.... with that said, I doubt that happens.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Saints Madden Ratings

eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Saints Offseason Pics

Didn't see a Saints offseason Pic thread. Didn't like going through the pages and pages of pics in that NFL general thread.

Well nvm. For some reason I can't figure out how to post the pics off the Saints website. Only the link shows up.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Last edited by saintsfan912 : 06-04-2008 at 02:24 PM.
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Jahri Evans is underrated. Per usual.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

There's a lot of those ratings that I question.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-13-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Jahri Evans is underrated. Per usual.
Everyone but EA knows about him now. I get last year him being overlooked but after the year he had last year less than an 88 is unacceptable.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote