Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 06-10-2009, 08:35 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

We need help at LB. Other than Vilma i dont see much at LB for us.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
We need help at LB. Other than Vilma i dont see much at LB for us.
I agree. Hopefully the fact that our Defensive back field has improved greatly IMO, it helps take the pressure off the LB's. That may just be wishful thinking. At present I see DE and the LB corps the prime issue for next year's draft.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be disappointed in Charles Grant if he doesn't have a big year. He is VERY confident in it, after the chat I had with him in best buy !! :D

We know the man can flat out go when he's healthy.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I will be disappointed in Charles Grant if he doesn't have a big year. He is VERY confident in it, after the chat I had with him in best buy !! :D

We know the man can flat out go when he's healthy.
I dont know that he can "flat out play" even healthy. I just have not seen to much out of him. I few good not great years then injury problems. The only reason i think he is still on the team is because the front office is trying to justify the big contract they gave him a few years ago. He has been crap since he got paid. Will Smith better not head in the same direction.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 06-11-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PacMan working out in New Orleans.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:24 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
why?????????????
we already have all the players @ corner we could use and great kick returning.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:39 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 06-12-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I'm not whining, the whole team gets wrecked with injuries anyway, I'll take every player we can get, if he wants to be here knowing he has to compete to see ANY playing time, that might actually be a good thing.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not whining, the whole team gets wrecked with injuries anyway, I'll take every player we can get, if he wants to be here knowing he has to compete to see ANY playing time, that might actually be a good thing.
I won't disagree with you on that, but he still is the type of character I don't get too excited about because of his off-field BS.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:56 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

center is getting thin. fletcher (udfa out of stanford) is diagnosed with a kidney severe condition and leckey underwent ankle surgery. I knew we shouldnt have drafted a punter.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 06-16-2009, 08:16 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

we got raped on the new madden 2010 ratings.
http://espn.go.com/videogames/featur...en10?teamId=27

keep in mind that they pushed the ratings down a bit but still a few of them are pretty weird and inexplicable.
Quote:
reggie bush 79
jahri evans 80 & basicly our entire OLine except brown, c'mon the rest of our OLine has a lower rating than detroit
fujita and shanle both at 68
porter 68
young 51
seriously I was reading those ratings and i was like WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 06-16-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
we got raped on the new madden 2010 ratings.
http://espn.go.com/videogames/featur...en10?teamId=27

keep in mind that they pushed the ratings down a bit but still a few of them are pretty weird and inexplicable.

seriously I was reading those ratings and i was like WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
That is crap im pissed now. Colston is faster than an 81. Whatever that sucks. The rainkings are way wrong. Shockey was like 85 speed now he is 75.. Really come on.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 06-20-2009, 03:56 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Well our entire O-line outside of Evans and Brown blew, imo >_>
Old 06-20-2009, 08:58 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Well our entire O-line outside of Evans and Brown blew, imo >_>
not detroit bad

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 06-20-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Carl Nicks beasted last year at LG.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I thought he showed a lot of promise, but has a long way to go. D
Old 06-21-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I feel as if a tackle of his caliber (there were talks of him going 1st-2nd round before the off the field issues) would definitely excel at guard. I was pretty upset when the Saints took him.

Is he being groomed for OT?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:25 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I feel as if a tackle of his caliber (there were talks of him going 1st-2nd round before the off the field issues) would definitely excel at guard. I was pretty upset when the Saints took him.

Dont think so, we have just extended stinchcomb long time and well with brown we are pretty much set on the blind site, I would have been fine with him playing RT but that seems unlikely given stinch's contract

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 06-22-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree im ready to see what he is going to do this year.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 06-22-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

I think he could play either LT or RT but I don't think we're planning on playing him at either one. Maybe at RT if Stinchcomb begins to decline but that may be a while, maybe.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think he could play either LT or RT but I don't think we're planning on playing him at either one. Maybe at RT if Stinchcomb begins to decline but that may be a while, maybe.
I like him at LG. He is a monster and is only going to get better.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 07-04-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
DuckHunt
Rookie

DuckHunt is a cocksman.DuckHunt is a cocksman.DuckHunt is a cocksman.DuckHunt is a cocksman.DuckHunt is a cocksman.
Default New Orleans 2009 Preview

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-2009-preview

Things are going to be very good this year for the Saints. Thoughts on the preview? Do you agree with it?
DuckHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

its a decent writeup but nothing special, but i agree with a 10-6 record as a decent estimation but im not sure if that would suffice to win the south.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 07-04-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with most of it, some of the key points for improving

- Need to improve consistency week in and week out, like it was said in the article we would ping-pong between wins, and losses and no one was sure which Saints team would show up on Sunday.

- Special teams breakdowns, and Defensive lapses late in games killed us. Have to close out games, and execute better in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line.

- Because of the Defensive miscues, and lack of a consistent running game Brees ended up passing the ball way too many times due to situations of us having to play catch up, even though he passed for over 5,000 yards there was the 17 interceptions. I think even though we are a strong passing team, if the Defense improves, and we can develop a better running game we can improve our record and we won't have to pass as much.

I think the key factor for the Saints this season is whether or not the Defense will be improved. They've made some changes, Greg Williams being brought in as Defensive coordinator, signing Greer, and Sharper, drafting Jenkins. Adding some depth at DE. Personally I think there will be some improvements... Will it be enough to make a substantial difference in the outcome of games? I'm not sure we'll have to wait and see.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I will agree that 10-6 may not be enough to win the NFC South this year. This season hinges on one thing imo, can our defense do enough to keep us from losing games as well as our offense does to help us to win them.