Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 02-09-2010, 05:02 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are some of the more interesting topics we have going into the offseason, after an exciting year culminated with finally hoisting that trophy, It's time to see how we can improve the team for the future! Congrats guys, I love you!

I also second the bolded part ;)

1) Sedrick Ellis, and the "other" DT spot.

Preferably id see him as a UT. This will give the saints an easy three man rotation of quality with hargrove, ellis and ?????? where other DT's can be spelled in occasionally and the DT's would suit every situation (hargrove+ellis on passing downs). However is a great player like price falls it is just to good to pass up. GW will imo find a way to scheme ellis+price together in a way it becomes epic.

2) The Backup QBs

Nobody knows if CD is good enough. You would think so though, cuz imo they wouldve looked elsewhere quicker

3) The Running backs

Just restructure bush, keep PT cruiser and promote Hamilton and Im more than happy. Bell faded away to the end of the season anyway.

4) What is our biggest need in the draft?

In order
WLB (maybe weatherspoon, to early for bowman or darryl imo)
DT (price or D Williams maybe)
DE (Griffen, Hardy, Dunlap)
C (not worth considering in first two rounds imo)
(big gap)

The reason why i would like drafting a DEnd or DT in the first if weatherspoon doesnt fall to us is that there is usually great value to be gotten in second/third round linebackers.

5) What happens with Jammal Brown and Charles Grant?

I would love to resign Jammal but im not sure the money will allow it. The injury might have dropped his price to a reasonable level though. I would try and keep both Brown and Bushrod if I were Loomis. The Oline is good as it is and losing quality at LT is not the way to go with Brees at the helm. Resigning Jahri is even more paramount than Brown though.

Imo Grant is gone, I'd have cut him loose anyways but the injury was really the last nail in his coffin. Saints need someone opposite of big will or alongside Sed to make this a very/fairly good DLine. Id actually like griffen in the first (if spoon, dan williams and price are all off the board which I think will happen) because he would fit well and would even be quite suitable for the funky GW plays cuz he can actually run with a bunch of TEnds.

6) How awesome is this all?

Really really awesome, made a few bucks out of it as welll ;). But seriously, to see them start mediocre and just get things fixed and play as hard as they did and as smart as they did made me a proud fan. This makes me even happier when you consider that there are still some pretty clear needs in this team.

Seriously, just consider my dreamdraft. If three of those guys work out (griffen, darryl and either Joseph or Ogho) the D could become almost dominant. We have had no production at all from Grant's side and almost all the sacks he had were coverage sacks. The Vikes pretty much exposed the limited talent of shanle (whom I love cuz he plays hard but he shouldnt be a starter) and added run stuffing is pretty evident.

Seriously combine one lucky draft/free agency with what we already have and this team could be a contender for the rest of Brees' career

WHO DAT

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:03 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
No problem, man. You're welcome on the bandwagon any time.
you mean bandouagonne ;)

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-09-2010, 05:56 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Yay next year you guys will be last in NFC SOUTH!!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default The NFC South will be competitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Yay next year you guys will be last in NFC SOUTH!!
Unless the Saints can dramatically turn around their run D, I'd expect more run heavy packages from both the Falcons and Panthers to play ball control against Brees in the division. More than the Falcons, the Panthers (when their DTs are back and healthy) play good pass D and more than the Falcons, I expect the Panthers to give the Saints the run for their money the next year (assuming Matt Moore, who impressed me, stays as a game managing QB, which he did real well).
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

26 free agents...not good
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
26 free agents...not good
Some are expendable but yeah, we have our work ahead of us. I'm pretty positive it won't be difficult to re-sign most of them, especially the key guys.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
Unless the Saints can dramatically turn around their run D, I'd expect more run heavy packages from both the Falcons and Panthers to play ball control against Brees in the division. More than the Falcons, the Panthers (when their DTs are back and healthy) play good pass D and more than the Falcons, I expect the Panthers to give the Saints the run for their money the next year (assuming Matt Moore, who impressed me, stays as a game managing QB, which he did real well).
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the colts who had the worst rushing offense in the leauge just ran for 5.2 yards a carry against us mostlty rigth up the gut.

Dt is obviously our biggest concern. we need at least two other guys in there with sed.

terrence cody, terrence cody, terrence cody.

jammal brown aint goin nowhere because he is restricted and he is the best tackle in the division hands down. he'll get an extention next year as will evans.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofalcons10 View Post
Weatherspoon in 1st, him in the second= Jizz in my pants.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Weatherspoon in 1st, him in the second= Jizz in my pants.
even allan branch and gabe watson fell past 64 so who knows?

i wouldn't be as opposed to weatherspoon just as long as we picked up two DTS and a TE.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see why someone would want Terrance Cody but as of right now he doesn't fit the Saints mold. We have never pursued a player in the first round under Payton and Loomis that has had a questionable work ethic and has been out of shape. (Although Meachem did show up to camp out of shape)

The two to three DTs I can see us pursuing if available would be Dan Williams, Jared Odrick, and Brian Price. Out of those three I think Williams fits our scheme best.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-09-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

gregg williams does the grocery shopping for the defense. In 2003 he brought in Sam adams to fix his NT situation in buffalo.there is nothing questionable about terrence cody's work ethic. gabe watson and alan branch were streaky players whose dedication ran hot and cold. Cody has outstanding character and has an outstanding consistency on the field.

cody lost weight before the 2009 season to comply with saban's requests. he even played offense to help his team and do anything he could to contribute.

alot of people don't like him because he is overweight but he has never missed a game at alabama because of his weight and has been the most dominant run-stuffer on the college level for two years.

jared odrick is almost 100lbs lighter than cody, i cant see why a team suffering at nose tackle would go after him. Oghobaase would probably be a better candidate because he gets pressure and is closer to 315 as a 3-tech. oghobaase also seems to do better in pursuit of running plays laterally and at the point of attack from what i've seen.

williams isn't a bad pick because he did a good job at NT and holding his ground at the senior bowl.

price plays alot like pat williams because he is quick off of the ball and can penetrate and chase running plays.

the thing i like about cody is that because of his size, athleticism and long 34-inch arms (long reach) he is almost impossible for a center to move solo. if anyone cared to watch film of ayodele in the middle you would see that he is constantly getting man-handled by single-blocks from centers all of the time.

cody is the most sure-fire bet to drastically uplift our terrible interior run defense.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats why my dream draft is so perfect :)
Old 02-09-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I dont think Cody will be around by the time your 2nd round pick comes along. He would have go by the likes of Buffalo, Pittsburgh, New York Jets, Dallas, and San Diego all twice with their only being two top notch NT's.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Yeahhhhh Stallworth is a FA! Lets get him!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I dont think Cody will be around by the time your 2nd round pick comes along. He would have go by the likes of Buffalo, Pittsburgh, New York Jets, Dallas, and San Diego all twice with their only being two top notch NT's.
The Pats have 3 2nd round picks and, assuming they franchise Wilfork, one pissed off big man they will need to replace. Don't be surprised to see his luscious man boobs filling out a Pats jersey.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't the Pats draft Ron Brace last year to eventually replace Wilfork? Or is Brace going to play 5-technique?
As for the Saints, what about Cam Thomas or Torrell Troup in the 3rd round? I think either one can stop the run pretty well. Nose tackles might be tough to come by early in the draft, but they might be around in the mid-late rounds.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

If we get Sean Weatherspoon it will make my day. I just hope he is there at 32.

I love the fact we are picking 32nd. Home to be in the same place next year.

Geaux Saints.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Didn't the Pats draft Ron Brace last year to eventually replace Wilfork? Or is Brace going to play 5-technique?
As for the Saints, what about Cam Thomas or Torrell Troup in the 3rd round? I think either one can stop the run pretty well. Nose tackles might be tough to come by early in the draft, but they might be around in the mid-late rounds.
If we can't draft Dan Williams in the first then I would love to get Cam Thomas in the 2nd or 3rd. I think he can really benefit our defense and I like the potential he flashes.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-04-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New Orleans Saints You Tube Videos

Add your favourite Saints Videos

Sig by BoneKrusher
Who Dat Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:15 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry CJSchneider. Didn't see your question before now.

The trip went great! The atmosphere at the Superdome was amazing, obviously the ending weren't what I and everyone else in the building wanted, but it's still one of the coolest experiences I've had. The trip has made my girlfriend a big Saints fan too :)

Aside from football, the city and the people are very friendly. We felt very wanted all the time, from the employees at the airport, taxi drivers, hotel employees, waiters and everyone else we met during the week. It just amazes me how more friendly and service-minded people are in the U.S. compared with my country and other countries in Europe.

I don't know if there are any other non-Americans here, but a trip to New Orleans is recommended!

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:20 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
Sorry CJSchneider. Didn't see your question before now.

The trip went great! The atmosphere at the Superdome was amazing, obviously the ending weren't what I and everyone else in the building wanted, but it's still one of the coolest experiences I've had. The trip has made my girlfriend a big Saints fan too :)

Aside from football, the city and the people are very friendly. We felt very wanted all the time, from the employees at the airport, taxi drivers, hotel employees, waiters and everyone else we met during the week. It just amazes me how more friendly and service-minded people are in the U.S. compared with my country and other countries in Europe.

I don't know if there are any other non-Americans here, but a trip to New Orleans is recommended!
Dutchie here and trying to go this fall

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-05-2010, 07:54 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Party In The MIA
Old 04-06-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We stayed at the Astro Crown Plaza on Canal Street. Very nice and affordable hotel, and the people at the concierge were really helpful :)

Another tip. Don't buy a jersey at the Superdome. They don't have much assortment. Buy at the mall down by the river instead. I don't remember what it's called, but it's right next to the aquarium.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
We stayed at the Astro Crown Plaza on Canal Street. Very nice and affordable hotel, and the people at the concierge were really helpful :)

Another tip. Don't buy a jersey at the Superdome. They don't have much assortment. Buy at the mall down by the river instead. I don't remember what it's called, but it's right next to the aquarium.
It's called The Riverwalk.

And if you guys want I could probably meet up with you in New Orleans. We could see if we get some more Saints fans on here to meet in New Orleans and go have a few drinks and go see the city.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter