Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 12-17-2006, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We better hope Sean Payton got into our players asses at halftime. Coming out in the 2nd half and not scoring and giving the ball right back to Washington would be killer.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As soon as you get on a roll, it comes crashing down on you. It's been a crazy year.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:10 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The reason we lost this game was offensive line play. Washington's O-Line played great and kept the pressure off Campbell, and our O-Line play was just sad.

The key to stopping our offense is getting pressure on Drew, so this needs to be fixed.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see our defense send pressure a little more than we do. I think we play way too conservative on D.

This was a big let down. I had a feeling that this might happen but I had hope that we would come out and win a close won. We need to right the ship and finish strong against the Giants and Panthers.

The only positive out of this game is that we clinched the NFC South and a playoff spot.

What happened to Deuce? I didn't see much of him in the 2nd half.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:32 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to become thankful for the loss. We are now grounded and will become more determined and focused on our final two games.

We must now win out, which is something I think we can do.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-18-2006, 10:31 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Guys, just letting you know every Packer fan on earth will be rooting for you versus the Giants. We NEED you to win.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Guys, just letting you know every Packer fan on earth will be rooting for you versus the Giants. We NEED you to win.
Thanks, man, we love the support. Hopefully the cheers we get in Packerland will help us beat the G-men.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-18-2006, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

If the over/under for Brees passing yards is 600.....take the over.

I have been dreading this game for so long now and to think this could make ore break our year.....ugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants scare me. Offensively? Tiki, Shockey, and Plax. If Manning gets time (which Jason Campbell had PLENTY of yesterday) then it's going to be a LOOOONG day for us.

I didn't see the PHI/NYG game, but I know that the Giants' run defense isn't all that and neither is the secondary but if Brees is rushed then... ugh. I'm worried about this game. Just hoping for a damn win.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 12-18-2006, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Q&A with Sean Payton:

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...articleid=3181

Man, I really love Payton. Just reading his interviews... you can just tell that he's a good coach.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:57 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
The Giants scare me. Offensively? Tiki, Shockey, and Plax. If Manning gets time (which Jason Campbell had PLENTY of yesterday) then it's going to be a LOOOONG day for us.

I didn't see the PHI/NYG game, but I know that the Giants' run defense isn't all that and neither is the secondary but if Brees is rushed then... ugh. I'm worried about this game. Just hoping for a damn win.
I'm not that scared. I think this is going to be a good game. The only thing that our D Coordinator, Gary Gibbs, needs to do is to put pressure on Manning. We haven't blitzed that much but that is something we must do. Without Hollis Thomas, our front four doesn't get much pressue. We have to send a linebacker. I also think we need to put Danny Clark in at MLB for this game. He's a whole lot better against the run than Simoneau is and with the G-Men's rushing attack, he would help us out a whole lot more.

On offense we have to take more shots downfield. The Giants secondary is questionable and I think the same opportunites that were presented to us in the Cowboys game will be there in this game. We can't take too many shots, though, we have to come out and fire one down field to make the Giants know that we will do it. Then we come back with some foutes out in the flat, some dump offs, screen passes, etc... We have to give them a steady amount of Deuce as well. Reggie can't run between the tackles but Deuce can do it effectively.

One thing the Eagles were able to do effectively is to make a gameplan around Brian Westbrook. We have a player in Reggie Bush that is similar to Westbrook. But there is a difference that separates us and the Eagles. We have Deuce, whereas the Eagles have Correll Buckhalter. The two players can't be compared. We have to show the Giants the Pony Package a lot as we have had a lot of success coming out of it.

This is a game we must win. We can not lose this game. I like the determination and focus the Saints showed after the loss Sunday. They aren't happy with just winning the NFC South. They want that #2 seed. I believe Sean Payton will have a great gameplan made up for this game.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-19-2006, 02:49 PM    (permalink
LSU Man
Rookie

LSU Man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone else notice the pattern to the Saints winning and losing?
It's like they win 3 or 4 then lose 1 or two win 2 or 3 lose 1. I hope the pattern doesn't repeat itself these next two games and into the playoffs
Old 12-19-2006, 05:40 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Congrats to the 3 Saints who have made the Pro Bowl (ALL STARTERS!): Drew Brees, Jammal Brown, and Will Smith.

I think 2 others got snubbed, but I understand why. Mike Karney is one of the better run blocking FB's in the league but he isn't exactly well known. And Colston could have got in, but it's hard to complain with all the other talented WR's in the NFC.

Congrats guys!
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Deuce26Deuce

I want to start out by sayin Hi to my fellow Saint fans. I have loved the Saints for many years and it nice to see them back in the Playoffs.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:17 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce26Deuce
I want to start out by sayin Hi to my fellow Saint fans. I have loved the Saints for many years and it nice to see them back in the Playoffs.
Hello. We welcome another Saints fan on this board as we need more.

It is good to see them in the playoffs but here's hoping we win our next two game. *Cheers*.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-21-2006, 03:12 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Is Joe Horn going to be able to play this Sunday or is he out?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-22-2006, 01:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Huge game coming up this Sunday. I'm really excited about it. I got my Saints hat, shirt, and foam finger in the mail the other day.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-23-2006, 11:15 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I won't be on here for a few days but let's Geaux Saints!!!

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-23-2006, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

I'm rooting for you guys this week. We need you to whoop up on the Giants.

How do you guys see the game going?
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
I'll be rooting for the Saints but I think the Giants will win tomorrow, Strahan is returning...and it will be Tiki Barber's final home game.

I think he'll have a monster day.

It should be a very fun game to watch though.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

I think your wideouts will cause match up problems for the Giants secondary.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I don't care how things go... just as long as we pull out a win.

Old 12-24-2006, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Oh yes.

Old 12-24-2006, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats Saints fans. That was a very big win for you guys. Much bigger than the Cowboys game IMO.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
I'll be rooting for the Saints but I think the Giants will win tomorrow, Strahan is returning...and it will be Tiki Barber's final home game.
I think he'll have a monster day.
Looks like I'm eating crow for that comment, Congrats Saints fans on the win.

Your defense played very well, Tiki didn't get much going.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote