Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 12-10-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Great point I meant to say that earlier but I got caught up with my rant on Brady... Smith really did just say if we execute our game plan I guarantee a victory. They didnt so they didnt win, I think Smiths predicition was correct.

Brady is simply an arrogant Michigan backup who was a 6th round pick for a reason. He tasted success under the Best coach we've seen in this era (albeit a big a$$hole) and has let it go to his head and ESPN has been helping him inflate that balloon attached to his neck

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

He did guarantee a victory.

He just backtracked after he said that.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
He did guarantee a victory.

He just backtracked after he said that.
I didn't think it was so much of a backtrack, becuase he said it emediately following the guarantee. It was like; I guarantee the steelers will win, if our special teams comes through etc. Maybe he wasn't as eliquent as he should have been or maybe your right and he did guarantee it than thought about it and the second later said IF we do.... But the point is, that the media blew it completely out of proportion. There are so many other things to consider, ie. How if the colts win 12 games this year they'll be the first team in NFL history two win 12 games in however many seasons in a row it is, 7 i think? It just shows how the NFL and analysts are all over the patriots and brady. I mean, take the brady talking smack to smith; yes smith might have deserved it and the analaysts loved it. Yet if TO or Chad JOhnson did it they would be all pissy about it. It's a double standard and its annoying. I mean hell, if rany moss did that when he was on the raiders or vikings they would have called him childish or immature and told him to play the game, but if he does it now its becuase he just is so good.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.
Default The JETS vs the pats

Sorry for the double bost, but i didn't want this to get lost in my other post.

Jets were 27 point underdogs, now they are 24 after all the money laid down on them.

Forecast for Sunday the 16th; High of 33 degrees, with a 70% chance of precipitation (a wintry mix with high wind).

This is not the type of weather that is condusive for a high scoring game, or a pass happy offense. I am trying to convince my friends to all lay 50 bucks down on the jets hah. I really think the crappy weather will play more into our hand then the pats, which I feel will let us play them close.

Edit: (thought this was a good read and might get a little laugh):

We've all heard that the children are our future. It's a positive, hopeful mantra. What we never think about is that they are our future for good and bad. In Boston it's for the bad. These little spawnlings know nothing but constant winning. They have no perspective on what life is like as a normal fan. These shrill, obnoxious little beings were everywhere at the Celtics and Patriots games, hooting and hollering in the bathroom about how the Celtics are the greatest NBA team ever, loudly proclaiming in the popcorn line at Gillette Stadium that anyone who think the Patriots cheat is just jealous. Basically, take that kid from ESPN's Sunday morning NFL show and multiply him by a million or so. And if they are obnoxious now, just imagine how they'll be if Boston teams continue to win. Or, perhaps worse, how insufferably whiny they'll be if Boston teams start to lose. Either way the rest of us are doomed.

I have first hand experience of all of that. When i first moved into boston they had not won a world series; people talked about them and you saw the hats, but there wasn't anything really big. You didn't really hear about them, the pats had a little grumblings and certainly not the celtics. Now, it seems theres 100X the hats and shirts for boston/NE sports team, except of course for the Bruins (the only team as of now i can stand..but i might start to dislike them solely on principle alone). You cannot go to work, class, eat dinner anywhere without hearing people talking about them, especially people who have no idea what the hell theyre talking about. Recently, against baltimore i heard some girls saying 'oh i watched the game, all of it..that #57 had no reason for throwing that flag what was he thinking and then he blamed the ref..hes the reason they lost...and it went on' then you get guys saying the same thing. I'm really not sure what is going to be worse, if they keep winning, or once they start losing. It's a toss up.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 12-11-2007 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Just found this and thought it was pretty humorous
Old 12-12-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

Weather for Sunday in Foxboro: 70% chance of precipitation...High=32...Low=9

Chances for High scoring- LOW
Chances Jets win- Better than before
Chance Patriots win- Always good

We'll see how much this affects the outcome of the game, but I definitely think it adds an element that could screw the Patriots into some uncharacteristic plays...But then again this could make us worse. I hope this helps and makes the game respectable...maybe we can win
(Thinking about it....the Patriots and their high powered PASS 1st offense formerly known as a team who embraces the elements, considering the former love of the slop snow and real grass field, has not yet come to the forefront this year)They're OL has been pass blocking so much I think if we can create some pressure w run blitzes and creative D packages and manufacture some turnovers w bad weather.

This news just lets me have some hope, but it may weaken my conspiracy theory that Mangini has been holding the "REAL" palybook back all year for this game, if we win.

I hope we win. I think Mangini said it best "We;re going to prepare and play our best. We are not putting any additional pressure on ourselves because it's the Patriots" I hope that meant we're goin to gameplan and fight hard, but if we lose its a nice way of saying it was expected (I think its a smart move bc if the Jets made this a big deal if the Pats win it makes it better for them. This way if the Pats win Mangini has made comments implies wow good for you you were supposed to beat us, keep being sore winners).

Old 12-12-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

"At a game in Foxborough, a Jets employee was caught videotaping from the end-zone stands, according to a source. The camera wasn't confiscated and the incident wasn't reported to the league, but Patriots officials were miffed. Just recently, a team official mentioned the incident in a conversation about this Sunday's Jets-Patriots game."

The Patriots are such scumbags. They're trying to railroad us as the accusor in the spygate incident CONVEINIENTLY right before our 2nd meeting this year. This furthers the proof that the Patritos organization as a whole is classless from top to bottom. I at one point held those terms exclusive for Belichick and then Brady NOW the entire organization perhaps with exception for funnily enough Randy Moss.

The Jets' response to these comments: Disgust!
"There's absolutely no truth to that whatsoever," Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum told the Daily News in September, responding when the story was first reported by Foxsports.com. "Completely false." The Jets received approval from the Patriots to film at that location before the game.
Im assuming they were then told to move because of a "potential risk." Hypocrites

A new low for an organization that simply cannot enjoy winning (and a lot of it) but only try to break every rule in the book and rub success in the faces of others. There is no defense for what they did and how they are. If you think there is PM me and I'll calmly talk to you about how I vehimetly disagree, but I will not dignify their classlessness in a forum anymore.

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 12-12-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Did you not expect them to fire back? I'll be waiting to see if this is true. I wouldn't be surprised if it was, but I doubt it is.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

Read my post: THE NFL was not informed of any infraction and until now the no one outside of the 2 teams knew about this misunderstanding before the game this if it even happened. Wouldn't it have been more appropriate and easier to verify these comments, if true after the accusations week 1 againts the Patriots. Also I highly doubt an NFL GM would risk his reputation and ultimately his career by saying these convenient comments and accusations are "COMPLETELY FALSE"

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 12-12-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

The Jets were allowed to do this apparently, and I read your post. It just makes it interesting considering if there was an understanding, then why would the Jets camera man be asked to leave?
Old 12-12-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Jets were allowed to do this apparently, and I read your post. It just makes it interesting considering if there was an understanding, then why would the Jets camera man be asked to leave?
I think that's strange, and beyond that I don't seee why it came up now. This happened last year, so you'd figure if it was a big deal it would leak at the time, or after the whole Spygate thing to deflect some attention from the Pats. It coming to the surface now makes me think that it's purely a strategic thing for the Pats to distract the Jets, I really think nothing will (or should) come of this.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

I really don't think it has anything to do with trying to distract the Jets. And the fact that it happened a year ago, again, it's trying to deflect some of the blame off the Patriots.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really don't think it has anything to do with trying to distract the Jets. And the fact that it happened a year ago, again, it's trying to deflect some of the blame off the Patriots.
I probably misworded there. I don't know if it really has anything to do with trying to distract the Jets, but I also don't know if there is anything solid here and whatever it is it's so that the Patriots can benefit from this report in one way or another. And if we get punished for this its complete BS.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

The whole situation is a bit sketchy IMO.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets vs NE the new biggest rivalry in the NFL? what do u think?

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

I got to be honest, I really don't have any feelings towards them. Some of you guys sound like you want to take a bat to Brady's head. I really don't get it or why it is a rivalry.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
I got to be honest, I really don't have any feelings towards them. Some of you guys sound like you want to take a bat to Brady's head. I really don't get it or why it is a rivalry.
I mean, I get it being a division rivalry and all and since they're good there's that extra bonus of wanting to beat them. We've been two of the better teams in the division for awhile which is why I get the rivalry, and then there's that whole Mangini/BB thing not that I particularly care. In all honesty I don't like them because of their attitude and I'd love to beat them purely because they're undefeated, but that's pretty much it. I'd dislike them about as much as I do now if they were in another division, it really doesn't have much to do with a rivalry. I still think the Dolphins are our biggest rivals in the division. Anyways, this was definitely a bash Brady/BB thread for a little while and although I don't particularly like either I'd like to get back to talking Jets football personally.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

Its a rivalry bc of NY vs Bos. The constant struggle for Boston fans to find some way to one up NY bc of the Yankees success. Its an inferiority complex on bos part as a whole, and in baseball but the sides reverse in football.
They're also divisional opponents have played each other more than 100 times and the two coaches are of the same cloth.

It's a rivalry bc Mo Lewis is the reason in the eyes of some in Boston that Tom Brady is a starting QB.

I think it's a pretty big rivalry, but Bears Packers will always be my favorite even as a Jets fan.

I want to take a bat to brady's head (proverbially not in real life, Im sure if I knew him hed be nice and all that) because hes given and takes a lot of credit for the success of a great team. And beign that my last name is Brady and Im a Jets fan living in MA, the ridicule and classless behavior you may not see from Pats fans in Michigan is a constant here. People would prefer to put me down and then brag about Brady when theyre morons bc they never celebrate their tema without it being in relationship to how everyone else sucks when they ahve a plausible argument to say they may be the best TEAM ever regardless of that bull. Im fed up with their sore winning ways and it used to just be the fans making brady out to be god that sickend me but now Brady has this scumbag sense of entitlement that I see whenever I see him in an interview, on the field or anything else.

Its a rivalry bc they dont know how to win with class or lose with dignity.
We've yet to win in our lifetime (superbowl terms), but if and when we do let's just celebrate probably the greatest event we'll ever see in terms of our fanhood and make the Patriots and their fans the farthest thing from our minds. We've pretty much got losing with dignity down as we lived through the early 90s with the Jets.

Keep rooting and being good fans bc unlike any other team to be a Jets fan you have to be so dedicated bc in the end even if trhe jets were up by 60 in the superbowl with 10 minutes left you always feel like the jets could let you down so you have to have thick skin (for losing...not for losing and having to hear about it from the winners)

Stay classy NY. No hate (like the articles are titled in Boston), no proverbial bats to the knees of Brady (myself included...:(. Just stay classy like Ron Burgandy

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 12-12-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

Weathers gonna be sloppy wrote a post on it earlier anyone think it helps our chances?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

This will be the last I post of it....

New Camera Angle: The Rest of the Story
Published: Wed, December 12, 3:03pm EST
By Randy Lange

Lange has covered the Jets for 13 years for The Record of Hackensack, N.J.

12/12 — Let's not let facts stand in the way of good stories.

Jets head coach Eric Mangini was asked at today's news conference about articles that appeared in several New York media outlets today stating that, according to NFL sources, a Jets employee was "caught" videotaping from the end zone stands at Gillette Stadium last season, that the Jets "claim" they received approval from the Patriots and "admitted" they videotaped the game.

Good buzzwords, good headline words. But not exactly accurate in describing what actually happened.

"We taped the game is what we taped," Mangini said today in response to a question about the stories. "And we taped an end-zone copy of the game. We tape a double-end-zone, which is standard operating procedure for us. We request that every single road game, and it's usually granted if physically it's possible."

Why would the Jets, or any other team, make such requests?

"Anytime you practice, you try to shoot the unit from the sideline and then from the end zone behind them so that you can see ... hand placement, fits, that type of thing. That's how you watch practice every day, that's how you evaluate practice every day. And it's the same thing with games. You like to have that same copy, because really, that's just an extension of the evaluation."

So the Jets did nothing wrong?

"We do it every time we go on the road," the coach said. "We ask for permission to do it. It's within the league rules, and when people ask us to do it, we grant it as well."

In fact, Mangini responded to a later question, he didn't have exact numbers on how many opponents have asked to tape from both end zones during Jets games at the Meadowlands the last two seasons but "I can tell you that anybody that's asked has been granted permission. ... It's a pretty common courtesy."

As an aside, major college programs such as Tennessee, Clemson and Texas A&M offer the same courtesy to scouts who are evaluating their players during games.

Then why did the Patriots confront this Jets employee and remove him from his Gillette end zone mezzanine position?

Mangini said he didn't know. "It just was what it was," he said. "We had asked permission, it was granted, and then that changed and we respect their decision. It's their stadium."

The Jets coach confirmed this incident happened at last season's playoff game, not at the regular-season game. He said the Jets were granted permission to tape from both end zones for Game 9 and did so without incident.

Newsday said an NFL source told the Long Island newspaper that the Patriots did not bring this incident up to the league during its investigation into the Jets' charges of illegal videotaping by the Patriots at this season's opener in September.

Two further clarifications on the reporting. When Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum replied to a Foxsports.com question on this matter, "Absolutely no truth to that whatsoever. Completely false," he was responding to the question: Was a Jets employee removed from Gillette Stadium last year for the same reason a Patriots employee was removed from the Meadowlands sidelines in this season's opener?

And Bruce Speight, the Jets' senior director of media relations, was quoted saying, "All filming at last year's Patriots game was done with pre-approval from the Patriots and in accordance with NFL rules." His response was to the question: Was a member of your video staff caught taping by the New England Patriots and asked to stop?

You can take your sides on this issue as with all off-field issues surrounding the Jets and Patriots these days. But doesn't this information help provide a clearer picture of what might have occurred back in January in the Massachusetts countryside?

The upshot to this latest video episode is that the Jets have not requested double-end-zone videotaping privileges at Sunday's game.

"We just didn't look to get permission," Mangini said. "Didn 't think it would be granted."

That says it best.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but I figured it was some pretty good news.

Jets signed TE Chris Baker to a three-year, $5.4 million contract extension.

The restructuring actually took place last month. Baker had $800,000 in "new money" added to the deal he signed in March 2006, and this year’s pay upped from $850,000 to $2.37 million. Baker has had a strange run under Eric Mangini, sometimes seeming to be in the doghouse, but the underutilized former third-round pick appears committed to the regime.

If it's old news than i'm sorry, but I think it is pretty significant. Baker has shown his great hands and his a safety net for clemens. I am hoping he will be utilized more on passing downs next year, and especially in the endzone.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:02 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

New News to me

Ive always liked Baker. Im glad they did this. I always thought the idea of drafting a TE was a bit out there considering I've seen Baker make unbelieveable catches and develope his game as a blocker.

I like the move it shows we are committed to keeping the best players to help us win as opposed to jus tthe ones mangini hand picks/drafts/signs

Old 12-14-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
New News to me

Ive always liked Baker. Im glad they did this. I always thought the idea of drafting a TE was a bit out there considering I've seen Baker make unbelieveable catches and develope his game as a blocker.

I like the move it shows we are committed to keeping the best players to help us win as opposed to jus tthe ones mangini hand picks/drafts/signs
Same here on all fronts. Definitely didn't know that.

This definitely shows Baker isn't in Mangini's doghouse. And he's a great player. Coming out he was known for his hands not his blocking, and he's become better known as a blocker than a receiver. We really underutilize him in the passing game. I think Clemens made signing him a priority because the two seem to have good chemistry. Beyond that, knowing he's not getting cut and not having to draft a TE is nice, it would've been pointless because it's not that Baker is bad it's that he's not utilized.

And as you said we're committed to keeping the best players as opposed to Mangini's guys. I think Baker has become a Mangini guy and he's a leader on this team, but knowing Mangini is cool with keeping guys around he hasn't hand picked himself is good. It also shows that if anything happens with Vilma it's not because of anything more than a scheme fit or a personality clash.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Default CURTIS MARTIN possibly buying the dolphins

I have just finished reading a few articles about how huizinga is apparantly shopping the dolphins; he was quoted as saying how it's felt like 50 years since his team has made the playoffs. The rumor is, that known hopeful owner Curtis Martin has been making frequent trips to south florida, texas etc. There have been some rumors that he could possibly look to buy the fins frrom huizinga. How utterly ironic. I think it would be great to have a black owner in the NFL, but god dammn why does it have to be curtis and the freakin dolphins. I hope curtis can become an owner, but i do not want it to be the dolphins; i would never be able to cheer for the dolphins, even if i do love curtis.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Hahaha wow. That is an interesting find.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Very intersting find. I have the same feelings, I'd love to see Curtis owning somewhere, but not really in Miami that would just be disappointing.