Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 12-13-2006, 07:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Quote:
Originally Posted by tishdog
I heard that if we lose any more games, we will see Clemons as our QB for the remainder of the season.
Just out of curiosity where'd you hear that. I don't know if I'd mind, Clemens is the QB of the future and if Mangini thinks he's ready I guess I'm all for it who am I to doubt him. Just curious where you heard that.
It was in a little caption in the power rankings on yahoo.
Cool thanks.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:27 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stupid question... but what kind of offense do we run? i always thought we ran a west coast offense but im not sure.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:13 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

you can just call it VERY conservative

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:45 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if your gonna be like that, i mine as well call it -adapted to our strengths.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:26 PM    (permalink
AMJets
Rookie

AMJets hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
you can just call it VERY conservative
Conservative? Mangini and Schottenheimer Jr. are developing a reputation around the league as being very creative with formations and playcalls, and also willing to take risks. Conservative is the last thing you could call this offense.
AMJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:06 AM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

the keys to the game today are clear:
-Pennington must play well
-The O-line has to be PHYSICAL like they were against the Pats
-we MUST force at least 2 turnovers on Brad Johnson

I think if we do this we come out winning something like 21-14 and go into Miami next week with a great chance to make the playoffs.

^^Sig From Nvot9
Old 12-17-2006, 12:07 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

way to fumble chad
Old 12-17-2006, 12:39 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Any Jet fans want any sigs?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For this week and next week, who do we need to win/lose to have a shot at the playoffs?
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
For this week and next week, who do we need to win/lose to have a shot at the playoffs?
we want the jags, cinci, broncos, and denver to lose
Old 12-17-2006, 07:16 PM    (permalink
JetsFanNick
Rookie

JetsFanNick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For the Jets to make the playoffs this must happen:

1- We win out
2- Chiefs win out(if broncos win out)
3- Broncos lose 1 game
4- Jagurs lose 1 game

Thats it!!
JetsFanNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:16 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

just like this week's game came down to Pennington having a good game next week will come down D'Brick controlling JTay. If he does that, the Jets win easy and come home controlling their own destiny hopefully.

^^Sig From Nvot9
Old 12-18-2006, 01:39 AM    (permalink
theskyandthejets

hey guys, i've been reading the forums for a while but i just decided to sign up a few days ago. i'm a jets, mets, knicks >_<, and lsu tigers fan.

right now the wildcard race looks like:
5) 8-5 cincinnati...plays colts, broncos, steelers
6) 8-6 denver...plays bengals, 49ers
7) 8-6 jaguars...plays patriots, chiefs
8) 8-6 jets...plays dolphins, raiders

all 3 teams ahead of the jets own a tiebreaker over them though.
so the jets need two of those teams to reach 7 losses.

if the jets win out, it looks likely that they will make the playoffs at least as a wildcard.
(if they win out and new england drops its next two games AT jacksonville and AT red-hot tennessee, the jets will win the division).

the odds are in our favor, so let's not lose focus, and let's just root for the jets to win.
but conversely, could we win this division!??
Old 12-18-2006, 01:57 PM    (permalink
vilma

For us to make the Playoffs:
Possibility 1:
we win out and NE loses at Jacksonville and against Tennessee: we win division.

Possibility 2:
We win out. Cin loses tonite. Next week either Cin or Den will get their 7th loss (they play head to head) hopefully CIN will win because I think PITT will beat them week 17, and Jax gets 1 more loss. As long as 2 of those 3 teams have 7 losses and we win out were in.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:51 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilma
For us to make the Playoffs:
Possibility 1:
we win out and NE loses at Jacksonville and against Tennessee: we win division.

Possibility 2:
We win out. Cin loses tonite. Next week either Cin or Den will get their 7th loss (they play head to head) hopefully CIN will win because I think PITT will beat them week 17, and Jax gets 1 more loss. As long as 2 of those 3 teams have 7 losses and we win out were in.
Do you really think Pitt is going to beat Cincy week 17? The game is in Cincy and the Bengals are one of the hottest teams in the NFL right now. Granted it's possible, and I'm slightly biased being a Cincy fan, but I think the Bengals are definitely the favorites to win that one as of right now.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:59 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

the ideal situation for us would be for Cinci to be the 5 seed and us the 6 seed, which would mean that Cinci beats Denver next week and NE beats Jax. So really tonight's game is not THAT big for us. What will be interesting though is that if we are the 6 seed we will play at Indy in the first round. The Jets definately have a shot in that game.

^^Sig From Nvot9
Old 12-18-2006, 04:28 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
the ideal situation for us would be for Cinci to be the 5 seed and us the 6 seed, which would mean that Cinci beats Denver next week and NE beats Jax. So really tonight's game is not THAT big for us. What will be interesting though is that if we are the 6 seed we will play at Indy in the first round. The Jets definately have a shot in that game.
That would definitely be an awesome scenario. Who do you think would get the byes in that scenario, San Diego and Baltimore or SD and NE? I guess the only thing you could say about tonight's game is not as much what Cincy does (they are still the top wild card even if they lose I believe) but more of who we play in the first round based on Indy's record.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:36 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
That would definitely be an awesome scenario. Who do you think would get the byes in that scenario, San Diego and Baltimore or SD and NE? I guess the only thing you could say about tonight's game is not as much what Cincy does (they are still the top wild card even if they lose I believe) but more of who we play in the first round based on Indy's record.
I would much rather play Indy than NE or Baltimore in the first round based on the fact that their defense is terrible and have a bad postseason pedigree. And don't forget Peyton struggles against 3-4 defenses that can bring pressure, something that we have improved on since we played them earlier in the season.

^^Sig From Nvot9
Old 12-18-2006, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9
Any Jet fans want any sigs?
Do you think I could get a DeWayne Robertson sig with his quote "Can't Nobody Block Me."

I'd want to use this on another board, with restrictions so can I get it 400 x 100?

Also, boys. Be rooting for an Indy win tonight. We need to start receiving help to knock teams off since Jacksonville has the head to head matchup.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:18 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I would much rather play Indy than NE or Baltimore in the first round based on the fact that their defense is terrible and have a bad postseason pedigree. And don't forget Peyton struggles against 3-4 defenses that can bring pressure, something that we have improved on since we played them earlier in the season.
I agree that Indy would be the best first round matchup, I wasn't saying who I'd rather see I was just saying because it could determine who we face if we make the playoffs the game has some significance. Baltimore is very good and I don't think we'd do anything against them, and I have a feeling BB would really bring it against us in a playoff game.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Javes
Rookie

Javes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

C-O-L-T-S COLTS! COLTS! COLTS! :D
Javes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Vilma the Animal
Veteran

Vilma the Animal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont really come here anymore, and sorry, but I'm not going to read everything Ive missed and know what youve been talking about so I'm sorry if what I want to say has been said many times before.

First off, AMAZING SEASON SO FAR!!! What we should remember is that even if things don't go as we would hope the next two weeks (although I'm so ciked and holding my breath) this season is a huge success and we really were supposed to win no more than 6 games this year. I don't want to talk to much about how well the Jets have been playing, because as soon as everyone starts buying into Gang Green they always find a way to F--- it all up.

My question is this: many people are satisfied with the combo of Cedric and Leon. However, although we have 2-4 solid at least backup quality RBs, I really don't see a true starter and gamebreaker in our backfield. I really don't think we can take it to the NEXT level until we have a high quality starting RB. Certainly a guy like Marshawn Lynch (rd 1) or Michael Bush (maybe with Washingtons 2nd rounder) could be an option in the draft, but many people would like the Jets to focus on other needs. The guy that really has me curious is Michael "the Burner" Turner. Hes averaging about 6 YPC this year and will be a hot commodity come F/A signing time. Do you think he could be a great starter and that the Jets should make a run for him or do you think we'd have to majorly overspend?

If you've read all this, then thanks a lot. I'm basically getting months of thoughts off my chest...I'll be awaiting an answer.

DChess...youre the man!
Vilma the Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:41 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilma the Animal
I dont really come here anymore, and sorry, but I'm not going to read everything Ive missed and know what youve been talking about so I'm sorry if what I want to say has been said many times before.

First off, AMAZING SEASON SO FAR!!! What we should remember is that even if things don't go as we would hope the next two weeks (although I'm so ciked and holding my breath) this season is a huge success and we really were supposed to win no more than 6 games this year. I don't want to talk to much about how well the Jets have been playing, because as soon as everyone starts buying into Gang Green they always find a way to F--- it all up.

My question is this: many people are satisfied with the combo of Cedric and Leon. However, although we have 2-4 solid at least backup quality RBs, I really don't see a true starter and gamebreaker in our backfield. I really don't think we can take it to the NEXT level until we have a high quality starting RB. Certainly a guy like Marshawn Lynch (rd 1) or Michael Bush (maybe with Washingtons 2nd rounder) could be an option in the draft, but many people would like the Jets to focus on other needs. The guy that really has me curious is Michael "the Burner" Turner. Hes averaging about 6 YPC this year and will be a hot commodity come F/A signing time. Do you think he could be a great starter and that the Jets should make a run for him or do you think we'd have to majorly overspend?

If you've read all this, then thanks a lot. I'm basically getting months of thoughts off my chest...I'll be awaiting an answer.
I think Turner has potential to be a good starter, but a lot of his running plays have come in during garbage time or after LT has tired out defenses. I just don't know how well he would play in an every-down role and I think for the amount we would have to pay to get him he is too much of a roll of the dice. It's just a risk that I'm not sure I'd be willing to take. If Lynch slips to us I'd definitely take him, but if not I don't really want to pick somebody up in the second or third because I don't know how much of an upgrade it would be over what we already have, the backs this year aren't that great and IMO we'd just be getting a third or fourth good backup running back in the backfield and that would be a waste of a pick we could use to shore up or defensive front 7, offensive line, or pick up a corner, or really anything but quarterback, RB, #2 WR, rush LB, and safety. Just my opinion.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:38 PM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow guys Kerry Rhodes got ****** over for Troy Polamalu. Thats not even fair. At least we got Justin Miller in.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:41 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

Kerry Rhodes got a bad deal for the pro bowl, but that's ok the Jets don't need individual recognition. I really would have like to see Mangold make it too, as well. Glad we got 1 player at least and we got some solid young players that will definately be Pro Bowlers in the future as well as potentially the coach of the year this year.

Btw, I just bought a Vilma signed picture today, it's pretty sweet.

^^Sig From Nvot9