Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 01-26-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
I'm just spit-ballin here, but what if he just isn't very good and it showed when he played against better competition? Don't get me wrong, I was high on the guy prior to this week and i still think he posesses the tools, but he looked aweful this week and we don't need another reciever to drop passes. Jmac did enough of that this year to last us for two seasons.
uggggg...dont remind me about...about well you know who....saying his name might be bad luck
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets Lone Pro Bowler..... is a cheerleader

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...s-in-two-weeks
Old 01-27-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm just spit-ballin here, but what if he just isn't very good and it showed when he played against better competition? Don't get me wrong, I was high on the guy prior to this week and i still think he posesses the tools, but he looked aweful this week and we don't need another reciever to drop passes. Jmac did enough of that this year to last us for two seasons.
I think that would make more sense if he played for a mid-major or a D2 school, but he played in the Big 12 South, and had some fairly big games against top competition. And it's not as if size-wise he's less than impressive, because he's probably the opposite of that. I'm sure he was just nervous. Of course, he could very well be this year's Derek Hagan, but I still like him and definitely would want him on our team.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I think that would make more sense if he played for a mid-major or a D2 school, but he played in the Big 12 South, and had some fairly big games against top competition. And it's not as if size-wise he's less than impressive, because he's probably the opposite of that. I'm sure he was just nervous. Of course, he could very well be this year's Derek Hagan, but I still like him and definitely would want him on our team.

yea he has played against good compitition and i dont think thats his problem...i think he is just a little rusty and this is a very big stage...im sure he will start playing better
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GET LOOSE View Post
yea i would love to see a WR 6'3 or higher that can be a big red zone threat to go along with cotchery and stucky in a couple of years...as for jordy nelson he his tall but does not play like it so i would not like to draft him...i want a WR that can streach the feild and that clemens can throw it up and make him go get it...that would be a great combo with cotch and stucky who are good at YAC
what about James Hardy? I keep seeing his name as a 2nd/3rd round pick. If he somehow slips to the 3rd, he'd be a huge steal. WR isn't the most pressing need, but we wouldn't be able to pass him up.
Bluedevil$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedevil$ View Post
what about James Hardy? I keep seeing his name as a 2nd/3rd round pick. If he somehow slips to the 3rd, he'd be a huge steal. WR isn't the most pressing need, but we wouldn't be able to pass him up.
I'd say it depends who the Jets get in free agency. As of now though, I don't want to see them draft anyone who isn't.

A. An offensive lineman
B. A defensive linemen
C. A rush linebacker

day one.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

which is why I said WR isn't a pressing need..

In the case that Hardy goes before the 3rd (most likely the case), I'd say:

1. Gholston
2. DE/RT/NT (Moore? Balmer? Chris Williams?)
3. OG (Albert would be nice)
Bluedevil$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No OL, DL, or rush OLB on old day one or new day one? As of right now I completely agree, at least for the first two rounds and without seeing any FA. If we make some moves there I think it gives us a little flexibility. I definitely like the idea of Albert though, and I'm starting to think it's pretty likely we look to trade down from the 6 spot.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
No OL, DL, or rush OLB on old day one or new day one? As of right now I completely agree, at least for the first two rounds and without seeing any FA. If we make some moves there I think it gives us a little flexibility. I definitely like the idea of Albert though, and I'm starting to think it's pretty likely we look to trade down from the 6 spot.
If Gholston isn't available. If he's available why would we not take him? He's proven himself has a top 10 pick and he's exactly what we need.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea, I'm curious too as to why you'd have us trading down...just wondering how you envision that all playing out in the end...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not quite that I think we should but I think we will. I guess my thought is a lot of our larger needs can be filled in the mid first-second range. Lots of good right tackles, ends, possibly nose tackles, corners, and wideouts are going to be available in that range and I think if we can we'll try and stockpile those picks to fill needs there and then maybe try a Bruce Davis, Shawn Crable type at OLB and see how that works. Not saying we should or shouldn't but I have a funny feeling we will.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not quite that I think we should but I think we will. I guess my thought is a lot of our larger needs can be filled in the mid first-second range. Lots of good right tackles, ends, possibly nose tackles, corners, and wideouts are going to be available in that range and I think if we can we'll try and stockpile those picks to fill needs there and then maybe try a Bruce Davis, Shawn Crable type at OLB and see how that works. Not saying we should or shouldn't but I have a funny feeling we will.
Keep in mind that this is true for all teams in all years. Seriously, how many fans don't want their team to accumulate draft pick and a jazillion late first early second rounders?
Old 01-28-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
If Gholston isn't available. If he's available why would we not take him? He's proven himself has a top 10 pick and he's exactly what we need.
Well really, he hasn't proven that just yet. If he puts on a show at the combine, then he'd have made a legitimate claim.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well really, he hasn't proven that just yet. If he puts on a show at the combine, then he'd have made a legitimate claim.
With the incredible seasons hes had over the last couple of years hes already more than proven hes worthy of a top 10 selection. I think its pretty safe to say hes gonna rip it in the combine as well.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Keep in mind that this is true for all teams in all years. Seriously, how many fans don't want their team to accumulate draft pick and a jazillion late first early second rounders?
Very true. Again just a feeling I have, though it seems I have it every year. Picks are going to be so valuable for us this year depending on what we do in FA.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Very true. Again just a feeling I have, though it seems I have it every year. Picks are going to be so valuable for us this year depending on what we do in FA.
As always, possibly moreso this year, free agency is going to play a huge role in where we go in this years draft. I 100% want to see Stacy Andrews on this team next year, as im sure many teams do as well. I believe we have the upper hand on every team but cinci in that we brought him in prior to this season and gave him the red carpet treatment, which can allow us to act quickly as soon as free agency starts. He is a monster at 6'6 347 and shows his power and dominance as a RT, however he also posesses great athleticism and enough quickness to be able to pull as an OG. By being able to play both LG and RT he allows us to go into the draft and go for either RT or LG, which prevents us from reaching for a player.

Also, by addressing Oline in free agency, we are able to go BPA in the draft; if that happens to be oline than so be it. Two guys that really impressed me this past week at the senior bowl on the defensive side of the ball were Dre Moore and Red Bryant. Dre Moore for his incredible potential to make big plays will still being able to collapse the pocket(absolutel owned people in one on ones) although he has always been inconsistent. Red Bryant for his ability to just stand firm and occupy blockers. I also wouldn't mind seeing either of them take some snaps at NT; even though they both are tall they have the ability to play with good leverage.

I guess the big thing im stressing is that by getting Andrews in as a free agent or someone on the oline, it allows us to take the BPA and not miss out on a great talent. We have many moves for the draft and i'm quite excited.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
With the incredible seasons hes had over the last couple of years hes already more than proven hes worthy of a top 10 selection. I think its pretty safe to say hes gonna rip it in the combine as well.
Well neither of his last two seasons was he the exact focal point of the defense, and while his stats were impressive, he was never terribly dominating for too long. And "safe to say" is different from actually doing. While I have no doubt that he will be impressive, he hasn't done it yet. There's probably too much time being spent on this for irrelevant it is, though.

I think it's almost a given though that we'll either have to address the OL or DL (and maybe even playmakers at skill positions) via FA and trades to have a completely successful off-season.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...san-francisco/

So basically, since our 2nd is worth more than everyone else's save four teams and no one wants to go to those teams, we should trade our 2nd for Roy and Rogers. This would be huge if we could get something done, and they should be trying to do everything in their power to acquire one, if not both, of these guys.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...san-francisco/

So basically, since our 2nd is worth more than everyone else's save four teams and no one wants to go to those teams, we should trade our 2nd for Roy and Rogers. This would be huge if we could get something done, and they should be trying to do everything in their power to acquire one, if not both, of these guys.
This was about I was about to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett
This seems a bit too much of a pipe dream. Looking at the end of the first round, I don't see many teams that wouldn't trade a first rounder for Rogers and Roy Williams.
Then I read the link and I can only think one thing about Matt Millen

"WHATS A GUY GOTTA DO TO GET FIRED AROUND HERE?!?!?!?"

I'd actually much rather see the Jets trade their first to Detroit (especially if Gholston is gone) for Roy, KJ and Shaun Rogers. But I'm actually wondering if maybe the Jets could hustle a little more out of Millen. Like their second rounder.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Looking at the pick value chart, Detroit picking 15 has a first rounder worth 1050, we have a first worth 1600 and our second will be worth around 530. So if our second would get it done Roy and Rodgers or at least just Roy, our first is 1070 more, which is almost exactly the same as their third. So if we do our first for their first, Rodgers, and Roy or if they'd rather we throw in a fourth or fifth I'd almost rather do that than with KJ in. Value should work fairly well, we could probably fleece Millen and we get a mid first rounder that we could go OL or DL, possibly OLB if somebody slips. We take care of two big needs and just slide down a couple of picks, I'd definitely love to do that deal or some variation if we could pull it off. Who would they want to get at 5 though to make it work? Edge rusher or CB maybe?

EDIT: Is it just me or do you guys think SF would do that deal for Indy's first in a heartbeat? We could have to compete with them but that deal would be perfect for the Niners...
Old 01-29-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

If I was a player, looking at it from the standpoint that neither team is all too good, I'd much rather play in the New York spotlight. Plus, I think we can offer more money-wise as well. I don't know. That'd just be my take on it. There is, of course, the strong possibility they may want to already go to a contender, and some team in the late first (or even mid-late second depending on what Millen really wants for these guys) that will offer up the picks. I'm sure most are solely considering Roy though, and that could work in our favor. If we're willing to take on whatever Rogers' contract is as well, they might just take our offer over everyone else's.

And honestly, unless we were to do even more trades for players or FA pick-up's, I'd actually rather trade down in the first than lose the second.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Well i figure i would start if off; apparantly it's rumored that the jets are going to make a strong run at asante again this year. Although i was unable to read the article of Rich Cimini, I do beleive this was more him trying to get more people to read his blog/articles. I wouldn't be surprised to see us make a run at asante, but i do feel that our money would be better spent on the oline. If we were able to get a stacy andrews and possibly a floyd womack or jake scott etc. on the cheap than i can see us making a play for him. I just really can't justify spending the money on a CB when our team has numerous other pressing needs. I'm sure this won't be the last of the rumors to come out surrounding the jets prior to the offseason and i for one am happy rumors are starting to come out again! heres to the offseason boys.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Old 01-30-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

With a player like that, I don't think I'd care all too much. We have a decent enough space of cap room as is, and I'm sure something will be done with Robertson so that that'll at least be fine for future years. Plain and simple, we need playmakers, and I'd love for us to bring them in at virtually any position. Granted, if we were given the choice between him and significant OL/DL help, then I'd obviously take the latter, but I don't really see a ton of players out there on the open market at his caliber. I'd much rather the Roy/Rogers thing go down, but I'd love to see this. I guess I won't get my hopes up too much, though.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

I'm not sure if anyone saw chad johnson just on espn, but they asked him the following questions straight up;

1) where do you stand??
- He answered basically on my own two feet (laugh laugh) But i am just doing what i'm supposed to do and relax and take it easy before the preseason

2)Where do you want to play?
- I want to play on a team that can win and get to the playoffs. I'm letting my agent take care of that etc.

3)Do you beleive the bengals could be a team that gets to the playoffs.
- He basically stuttered and just said i want to win..no comment next question.

Basically it just says he'll play anywhere he thinks he can win and get to the playoffs and doesnt seem to care if it's with the bengals, however he isn't the GM so it doesn't entirely matter. I still wouldn't be surprised to see him; i mention this just becuase there were rumors of chad for vilma.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Basically it just says he'll play anywhere he thinks he can win and get to the playoffs and doesnt seem to care if it's with the bengals, however he isn't the GM so it doesn't entirely matter. I still wouldn't be surprised to see him; i mention this just becuase there were rumors of chad for vilma.
Based on that interview, if he wants out of Cincinnati, he's going to want to go to a team that had a winning record and is likely to do so again. Now, maybe that could be depending on what they do in free agency, but as of right now, its not.