Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 03-10-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Agree that I'd be pissed if we got DMac.

If anything, I think this move hinders the progression and touches of Jones, not Washington. I'd still expect Washington to get 5-12 touches every game, Chatman another 5-10, and Jones 15-20. I think this was a great signing, in all honesty, I don't think it takes away touches from anyone, I think it just adds touches that the Jets will give RB's in general. Clearly they have (on paper) improved tremendously in the run blocking game, so running was already going to be the main focus of our offense, I think the addition of Chatman was a great one, because now we've got a 3-back system with 3 very capable and very different yet complimentary backs who are all capable of assuming 10+ carries a game and being successful on the ground. I'm loving what we're doing right now. I think we've only got a few needs at the moment...I'm still not sold on playoffs next year, but I'm loving our chances to be huge contenders in two to three years.
come to think of it, i can see Chatman being used exclusively as the short yardage back. the 3rd and 1s, the goalline situations etc.

if thats the case, then i like it. because i saw Thomas Jones bounce off defenders in the goalline way too much last year.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Well, I was going to break down why Ellis wouldn't be a great idea for the Jets, but now with so much happening, its rather pointless in making a huge writeup about it.

In an unrelated note, im a big fan of Chatman....but why? This didn't make any sense to me. Leon Washington needs more touches, not less. Why crowd that backfield? I didn't like that move by the Jets.

Im curious if some of you want DMac. If I were a Jets fan, id be pissed in getting him. You need a rushbacker, and one is going to fall in your lap. Can't pass that up.
I wouldn't be too pissed at picking mcfadden; if the FO thinks he's worth the pick than i'm sure he's the real deal. He's a superb talent but there is question about his push and lower body strength; however mangini, bradway (yes bradway was an aweful GM when it came to contracts but his real talent was in scouting and player development) and clinkscales have done a tremendous job in talent scouting thus far, so if they take him than i'll trust it's not another blair thomas etc.

I was a huge gholston fan the entire season and still love the guy, but after the signing of pace i'm not sure he is a necessity anymore. Mangini and his guys wanted pace badly enough for one of a couple of reasons i'm thinking..A)they think very highly of long and gholston, but don't beleive theyll fall to them or B) they know long is going 1 overall and think very highly of pace and don't want gholston, because they feel Dmac or someone else would be better value. I'm not sure what their reason was, but they obviously have high hopes for him.

I personally am not upset at all by the chatman signing. He is a pure downhill runner who can get the tough yard, provided he doesn't balloon up to 250 again. He is basically taking the place of cedric houston who would have backed up TJ last year, had he not retired. I don't think it will take any touches away from either TJ or washington, unless he outperforms jones in practice or creates a niche for himsel as a short yardage back. Running over the left side behind brick/faneca/mangold along with Richardson lead blocking, he could become what jerome bettis was in his last year; that guy who compiles a handful of touches a game, but all coming for first downs and a few td's. If anyone has anything to worry about it would probably be alvin banks and the other backups, in my opinion.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets can't draft McFadden in the first and then try to get a rusher (Quentin Groves?) with the 2nd round pick? Or maybe a Cliff Avril, etcetera.

I'm not saying it's what I would do, but I could understand that thought process. The Jets did a similar thing in 06, opting to take D'Brick over the heralded quarterbacks, but then drafting Clemens in the 2nd round.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The Jets can't draft McFadden in the first and then try to get a rusher (Quentin Groves?) with the 2nd round pick? Or maybe a Cliff Avril, etcetera.

I'm not saying it's what I would do, but I could understand that thought process. The Jets did a similar thing in 06, opting to take D'Brick over the heralded quarterbacks, but then drafting Clemens in the 2nd round.
It's definately an option. I'm not completely sold on mcfadden or any back this high in the draft; i don't like the shelf life and the money we'd have to shell out, plus very good backs can be had every year and lower in the draft. Guys like Ray Ray who would do very well with a solid oline, much like curtis martin, could turn out to be very solid and at a fraction of the price. But, if our FO takes mcfadden then im assuming they've watched him live and enough game film to justify the pick.

I like avril and groves a lot; groves has good upside due to his combination of speed and power, but i prefer avril for some reason. I think avril has a better understanding of the position and is a lot quicker to diagnose plays than groves and even gholston (chris long is the best in the class at diagnosing plays, in my opinion). Obviously all of them will get better while playing the position, but even though avril may not be as physically gifted as groves or gholston (he's not too too far behind though) he makes up for it in his awareness and coverage ability. He also can be groomed behind thomas and pace, while finding some playing time in certain packages and situations.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Old 03-10-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wait, why did cedric houston retire again? personal reasons?
Old 03-10-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets5125 View Post
wait, why did cedric houston retire again? personal reasons?
Yaa, never specific. Dissapointing to becuase he looked pretty good when healthy, definately a good backup to TJ. He's now taking classes back at Tennesee i beleive.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There are 45 days until the Draft. When should we all start putting legit mocks up in the 2008 positions drafting thread? I think it would be good to have a date to post up Jets mocks where everyone (or the usual posters who see the message) throws a Jets specific mock with explinations based on the picks the team has in the draft in the 2008:what positions are we (the jets) drafting thread. Do we still have a forum leader? If so please respond and set a date to do something like this and post it in this thread and the other thread Ive metnioned IN BIG BOLD letters. If not, BJoe you wanna set the date? 35, 30, 25 days from the draft? I just think it'll be fun. and we can look back at how wrong (or right but i doubt it) we were. Maybe even have some bragging rights (of which I expect to have very few but again ITS ALL FUN).

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

But the same is also true. The Jets can draft Vernon Gholston in the first and then try to get a running back in the second or later rounds.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
There are 45 days until the Draft. When should we all start putting legit mocks up in the 2008 positions drafting thread? I think it would be good to have a date to post up Jets mocks where everyone (or the usual posters who see the message) throws a Jets specific mock with explinations based on the picks the team has in the draft in the 2008:what positions are we (the jets) drafting thread. Do we still have a forum leader? If so please respond and set a date to do something like this and post it in this thread and the other thread Ive metnioned IN BIG BOLD letters. If not, BJoe you wanna set the date? 35, 30, 25 days from the draft? I just think it'll be fun. and we can look back at how wrong (or right but i doubt it) we were. Maybe even have some bragging rights (of which I expect to have very few but again ITS ALL FUN).
Ya, that's definately a good idea. I would say 28 days would be good, which gives us roughly two and a half weeks to make up a mock draft of our positions. I say 28 days before, but it could be 30 or so; my idea is that by posting it a month before, it gives us the opportunity to tweak it every week for 4 weeks in case something happens that would skew our picks. We could make it every sat/sun/mon etc. and post one each week and then our final one the day before the draft. It would definately be interesting to see the changes we made over the course of a month and how accurate we are with them.

We should also set up a format; we could have one where we assume a trade (doesn't have to be with dallas but it could) and have fun with that and another one where we just do the straight out picks that we have. I would also say we should give our mock draft with picks, but like scott does give secondary positions that the team could look at.. for example

With the 6th overall pick the jets select: Darren McFadden - The jets upgraded their Oline yada yada and enhanced their dline making gholston unnecessary blah blah...however, if mcfadden isn't their look for the jets to pull the trigger on gholston..if both are gone and they can't trad down look for the jets to target leodis mcelvin or limas sweed.

Something along those lines where we are giving a pick, but because we aren't sure that player will be there we have the option of giving someone else. I would say limit it to two or three ansillary choices so as you don't just choose half the bigboard. Like for our #2 we could say Gosder Cherilus but if he's gone look for them to address OLB with Avril, Groves or their pass attack with James hardy...i would say three extra wouldn't be bad.

Some feedback for what people think about this format would be good. If doing it 30 days before the draft is ok with everyone than we've got a couple weeks to figure out a format and create our first mock.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I think this is a good idea and I would definitely be in. We haven't had a team leader since Frogstomp was banned hcbrad08, but it might make it easier.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
But the same is also true. The Jets can draft Vernon Gholston in the first and then try to get a running back in the second or later rounds.
Very true. If they did take Gholston in the first, which is what I probably would do, then they should wait much later to take a back. I don't think runningback is any big need for the Jets, especially now that they signed Chatman. Jones can absolutely play and as BBD said, Washington deserves more touches if anything. But I can understand being enticed by McFadden, on the basis of talent.

The Jets are actually the ideal situation for him, I think. Paired with a veteran runner in Jones who can handle third down/pass protection responsibilities which McFadden isn't ready to handle. Maybe Brian Schottenheimer can devise ways to use him.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Very true. If they did take Gholston in the first, which is what I probably would do, then they should wait much later to take a back. I don't think runningback is any big need for the Jets, especially now that they signed Chatman. Jones can absolutely play and as BBD said, Washington deserves more touches if anything. But I can understand being enticed by McFadden, on the basis of talent.

The Jets are actually the ideal situation for him, I think. Paired with a veteran runner in Jones who can handle third down/pass protection responsibilities which McFadden isn't ready to handle. Maybe Brian Schottenheimer can devise ways to use him.
In many ways you're absolutely right about the Jets being a perfect team for McFadden. A team that has a very solid oline (on paper) and a very good FB to run behind who is in desperate need of an offensive playmaker, albeit the need may be in a different position. Like you said, we have a back in TJ who can handle the pass protecting/third down responsibilities and a back in leon to change the pace.

I'm hoping with the return of justin miller leon will be able to get more touches as well.

If mcfadden were the pick than i think the schotty of '06 could have made creative plays for him, but the schotty of '07 was one of the most bland/predictable play callers i've ever seen; hopefully the '06 one shows up this year. I would have liked to see the play action used more than once every couple of games and i'm surprised i didn't see leon and TJ in the backfield together more, that would have been creative.

Hopefully this year with a new offensive line, we will be able to have a TE go out for a pass instead of chipping the DE everyplay or our RB get to the LOS without meeting 2 linebackers...hopefully.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:07 AM    (permalink
OTcoach
Rookie

OTcoach hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey Guys,

Congrats on a great Free-Agency period. Your trenches have gotten much better and it looks alot scarier to us Buffalo fans than it did last year. What are the plans for D. Robertson?

By the way here's how I have your 1st 3 rounds.

1 Run DMC
2 Q Groves
3 L Hawkins

Last edited by OTcoach : 03-11-2008 at 07:11 AM.
OTcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTcoach View Post
Hey Guys,

Congrats on a great Free-Agency period. Your trenches have gotten much better and it looks alot scarier to us Buffalo fans than it did last year. What are the plans for D. Robertson?

1 Run DMC
2 Q Groves
3 L Hawkins
Wouldn't be a bad first three, but i'm not sure if you mean hawkins in the 3rd or he'll be our 3rd player, because we don't have a 3rd this year (we do have two 4th rounders).

I'm assuming that we still may get some very low picks for him on draft day when a team doesn't land a DT they want; probably the low 4th and 5th that was offered by cinci. Most teams assume he'll be cut, but if more than one team shows interest they might go for the trade so that they don't have to get into a bidding war. We are only 4.5ish million under the cap so i would imagine he's gone in some way or form this year.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTcoach View Post
Hey Guys,

1 Run DMC
2 Q Groves
3 L Hawkins
Wouldn't mind the first two rounds but I dont think Groves will last. I dont know much on Hawkins but I dont think he is worth the value, I prefer a corner in the 3rd.

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
Wouldn't mind the first two rounds but I dont think Groves will last. I dont know much on Hawkins but I dont think he is worth the value, I prefer a corner in the 3rd.
I'd prefer a DE in the third, but it's all pointless cause we don't have a third. If we can somehow grab a third rounder that would be nice, but that would most likely come through trading down.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gregory Cox's 7 Round Draft.

Quote:
6) NY Jets – RB Darren McFadden (Arkansas)
* Gholston still on the board.

Quote:
36) NY Jets – CB Tracy Porter (Indiana)
* DL Sims, DL Laws, WR Thomas, WR Manningham still on the board.

Quote:
98) NY Jets – WR Eddie Royal (Virginia Tech)
* S DeCloud and ILB Wheeler still on the board.

Quote:
109) NY Jets (via New Orleans) – DE/DT Kendall Langford (Hampton)
* DL Pressley, S Griffin, DB Ikegwuono, S Zbikowski, and FB Schmitt still on the board.

Quote:
162) NY Jets – FS D.J. Parker (Virginia Tech)
* FB Hillis and OLB/DE Blake still on the board.

Quote:
193) NY Jets – OLB Brian Kehl (BYU)
* QB Keller still on the board.

http://www.thefootballexpert.com/coxmockdraft7.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thought I'd post this to spark discussion.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

BJoe, AlexD, Crickett: How's this for format? all the Bold

Trades should be lised first with their explantion

TRADE: Player Name- Position/Pick #: Explanation why the trade happens.

As far as I know for picks we have

1) Pick Name- Position: Explanation
2) Pick Name- Position: Explanation
4) Pick Name- Position: Explanation
6) Pick Name- Position: Explanation
7) Pick Name- Position: Explanation

Overall Point any positions still lacking after all these moves, or the overal status of the team. How it has improved. Stats are great so we can all peddle them off as our own research to our respective friends and family members.

(Semi)Final Assessment Going Into The 2008 Season: Short Blurb Any bold predicitons not to be made later...
Strengths: Positions or areas of strength or upgrades
Weaknesses: Positions or areas of weakness or lack of depth
Win- Loss Predicition for the season barring injury:

In short

Trades:
Picks:
Assessment:

Did you agree or decide for 30 days before the draft? March 27th? If you like this format we could just copy and paste it day of...If not feel free to post up another format.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have another 4th...
Old 03-11-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

houston did show good promise, especially as a short yardage back, but yeah i hope chatman can help with that because we were clealry poor in short yardage situations

i think the shotty being more creative in 06 than 07 had to do with the backs he had, in 06 we were lacking at the RB position so he had to be creative, and in 07 we had more skill so he was more passive which i really didnt like (except when he used brad smith at qb a few times, i love that)

lavelle hawkins would be good i think as a slot reciever thats quick with good hands, but hes not the explosive WR we need but i would still be ok with it if others arent on the board

as for the gregory cox mock, i think it would be a solid draft, where we get a playmaker on offense and a speed demon at CB...but if that were the case in round 2 i think it would be a tough decision between porter and a WR like thomas/manningham...but also im not really a fan of eddie royal but idk what other WR would be there
Old 03-11-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Overall Point any positions still lacking after all these moves, or the overal status of the team. How it has improved. Stats are great so we can all peddle them off as our own research to our respective friends and family members.

(Semi)Final Assessment Going Into The 2008 Season: Short Blurb Any bold predicitons not to be made later...

In short

Trades:
Picks:
Assessment:

Did you agree or decide for 30 days before the draft? March 27th? If you like this format we could just copy and paste it day of...If not feel free to post up another format.
I'm down...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
For anyone that has not listened to Scott Wright's podcast on the radio show he has been promoting on his main page I highly suggest you give last weeks a listen.

http://nick8.surfernetwork.com/Media.../Draft3508.mp3

He spends a good amount of his hour, probably at least 20 minutes, talking about how the Jet's FA signings have effected their draft status. He really seems set on ruling Gholston completely out for the Jets.

I downloaded it to my iPod and it's a good listen. That same site has another podcast from last week that talks strictly about the Jets which I plan on listening to. If you have free time, it's worth a listen.
Hey alex, how do ya get to the other jets one?? I listened to the first one, but couldn't figure out how to navigate to find the other one you mentioned where he talked strictly about the jets.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
Hey alex, how do ya get to the other jets one?? I listened to the first one, but couldn't figure out how to navigate to find the other one you mentioned where he talked strictly about the jets.
Here you go.

http://nick8.surfernetwork.com/Media.../NYJCR3508.mp3
Old 03-11-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:

In short

Trades:
Picks:
Assessment:

I like that format. Sounds good to me.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Ya, sounds good.

Little surprising news that i just heard per the nfl network: the jets plan to host free agent CB ty law in the upcoming days. Not sure why he'd rather come to the jets than the pats, but if he comes i would like it for a very small contract, which most likely won't sit with him.

He's a good guy to pair up with revis considering they are very close, but i just don't see him coming here. I wouldn't wanna give him more than a 1 year contract and im shocked the pats havn't signed him to one of their veteran paycut type of contracts.