Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-03-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
well he picked monk, ill tell him this
Monk's definitely a good pick. Next I'd look Goff first, then Butler, then Howard.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one of them is going to be available its probably going to be Butler and another

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:11 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

theres a blurb at the end about the Broncos and DROB

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8818449
Old 04-07-2008, 09:18 AM    (permalink
JetsFanNick
Rookie

JetsFanNick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wow I havent been on in a while lol

I hope we get rid of DROb...now Id be happy with even a 7th rounder for him..just get something!!
JetsFanNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Hobson signed with the Pats

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?...o&confirm=true
Old 04-08-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

gio hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i would have liked to keep hobson. oh well, i'm sure mangini will be looking at a LB somewhere in this draft anyway. i just wish he wouldn't have went to the Pats. i just hope he doesn't flourish like Farrior did for Pitt when we let him walk too.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rhodes signed an extenstion!!!!! Great news, supposedly it's around Bob Sanders money. Word is 5 years 34 million which is not too bad for a player of his caliber, glad to have him locked up and have both of our higher profile vets happy heading into TC.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Rhodes signed an extenstion!!!!! Great news, supposedly it's around Bob Sanders money. Word is 5 years 34 million which is not too bad for a player of his caliber, glad to have him locked up and have both of our higher profile vets happy heading into TC.
according to the Daily News the deal will preclude the Jets from fitting the #6 pickin the draft into their salary structure. They say talks are in place to move down in the 10-15 range.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love the Rhodes extension (who doesn't?).

I'm worried that the Broncos are cooling off on D-Rob... hopefully something gets done by draft day.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Supposedly the Broncos have agreed to a contract with D-Rob but I'm not sure about that, don't want to get my hopes up.

Anybody think there's a chance that Chris Long slips to us? I wouldn't be surprised if he slipped to 5 but I'm not sure if the Chiefs wouldn't just deal down to some other team that wants him.

1. Jake Long
2. Glenn Dorsey
3. Matt Ryan
4. Vernon Gholston
5. Sed Ellis
6. Chris Long

or

1. Vernon Gholston
2. Glenn Dorsey
3. Matt Ryan
4. Darren McFadden
5. Jake Long
6. Chris Long

or

1. Jake Long
2. Vernon Gholston
3. Glenn Dorsey
4. Darren McFadden
5. Sed Ellis
6. Chris Long

I'm sure there's a couple more, but if he doesn't go with the top pick and Oakland passes on him (if they love DMC or Gholston is there) he could slip to us at 6 which would be interesting to say the least.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

supposedly d-rob will be traded to the broncos for a 4 and a 6 on day 2..at this point, i think the jets are getting the better deal, so it probably won't happen..i could see a #6 and that's it, considering the bengals were going to give a 4 and 5 then came to their senses about how much they were probably giving up to get a bum.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Anybody think there's a chance that Chris Long slips to us?
No, I don't. Even if he gets past Miami, there is no chance he gets past St. Louis and/or Oakland.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

The best possible situation for the Jets is to have Gholston, McFadden, and Matt Ryan at #4. This puts Al Davis in the position to take one of the two phenoms and KC to take Matt Ryan. Then we get the leftovers which means either Gholston or McFadden. I think if we don't land Gholston, we are going to get an OLB somewhere in this draft to start next to Pace. So I'd personally be happy with any of the picks. I just can't see Herm drafting McFadden or Gholston. They have much more needs rather then a DE and a RB. So I am thinking we are going to be alright in the long run.

As for the Chris Long fans (myself being one), its not going to happen. I keep dreaming but you know what, it just seems so unlikely to see him last till 6. SOMEONE is going to take him in the top 5, and if no one does. Youll hear about the Naked Jet fan running through the streets painting his balls green with Long painted on his back.

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
and if no one does. Youll hear about the Naked Jet fan running through the streets painting his balls green with Long painted on his back.
Well, that is certainty descriptive.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

The one reason I've decided it's really unlikely Long falls to us is not the Raiders or Saints, but that if he falls to 5 the Patriots will probably do what they can to get up ahead of us and take him. Even if he slips past those two teams, which I think is very possible, I think somebody moves up to 5 to grab him out from under us. Maybe we can get him, but the only way I see that is us moving up.

Also, I've been looking at some sites that have lists of players that have visited us. I figure these lists will really help us figure out what positions we are going to be going after versus what positions we've discussed. The most extensive list I found was from a Jets site (not sure if I'm allowed to post it here but I also want it to be clear this wasn't my own work) and contained every player mentioned on a list by Rich Cimini.

T Gosder Cherilus (Boston College)
T Ryan Clady (Boise State )
T/G Branden Albert (Virginia)
TE Jermichael Finley (Texas)
TE Brad Cottam (Tennessee)
WR Keenan Burton (Kentucky)
QB Brian Brohm (Louisville)
QB Joe Flacco (Delaware)
QB Chad Henne (Michigan)
QB Matt Ryan (Boston College)
RB Darren McFadden (Arkansas)
RB Rashad Mendenhall (Illinois)
RB Kevin Smith (Central Florida) Speculated
RB Jonathan Stewart (Oregon)
DE Kendall Langford (Hampton)
DE/OLB Chris Long (Virginia)
DE/OLB Derrick Harvey (Florida)
DE/OLB Vernon Gholton (Ohio State )
DE/OLB Quentin Groves (Auburn)
DL Brian Schaefering (Lindenwood)
ILB Beau Bell (UNLV)
ILB Jerod Mayo (Tennessee)
OLB Cliff Avril (Purdue)
LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar (Boston College)
LB Wesley Woodyard (Kentucky)
CB Tyvon Branch (UConn)
CB Brandon Flowers (Virginia Tech)
CB Leodis McKelvin ( Troy )
CB Tracy Porter (Indiana)
S Tyrell Johnson (Arkansas State)

A few things jumped out to me on this list:
-Offensive linemen: we looked at some OL's but they were all top-tier guys, no linemen that would be taken in the middle rounds

-Quarterbacks and running backs: obviously we've checked out a few quarterbacks according to this list so I wonder what the FO feels about that position, and a lot of backs as well but not mid-round backs like I had expected/hoped but more early round backs.

-Middle round linebackers: looked like some guys that would be available in the mid rounds to possibly develop as ILB's on the list, perhaps as special teamers as well.

-Tyrell Johnson: given he's the only safety on the list and supposedly he has great experience and intangibles, I wonder if we give him a look. That said, he's the only safety on the list so I don't think we look in that direction.

-Pass rushing OLB's: I was kind of worried that we thought we were set as far as the pass rush goes, and clearly we know we aren't which is good. That said, a bunch of those guys on the list won't be at 6/aren't worth 6 and the only guy I can say I'm comfortable will be available at 36 is Avril and that's not even a guarantee.

-Value: lots of guys on the list are mid-first type guys right now. Of the 30 guys on the list, around 9 should go between 6 and 36 and another 3 or 4 have a solid chance to go there, along with 4 that could easily be gone before 6. I wonder if we're really looking hard to trade down in the first, or if we may have a few potential deals in place.

-Tight ends: not many and I like both of the guys we're looking at, but I'm surprised we've been looking at tight ends given the Franks signing.

-Wide receivers and defensive ends (or lack thereof): both of those positions have been talked about as needs here, and there's one wideout on the list and one end (possibly two but the second guy isn't even on Scott's rankings and is the only guy on the list I've never heard of before). Perhaps these are two positions that we've been talking about drafting that the team isn't looking so hard at drafting. Or perhaps we're trying to make it seem like we don't want a wideout or end even though we do. Still, I thought it was worth noting.

-Corners: a few on this list, half of which should be going around where we pick at 36, with McKelvin as a fallback option at #6 or in a trade down and Branch probably not worth 36. Perhaps we're looking for a #2 there??
Old 04-14-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the one thing you have to keep in mind is that the jets use smoke and mirrors all the time I look at that list and see a lot of potential picks but also a lot of people rivals might like.

The Broncos traded up in the 1st rd to take jay cutler and never saw him or had him in for a visit. Just something to remember...I think they will look at more WR and DE or scout them well. I actually think the fact that theres only 1 WR and 34DE shows that the jets dont want to show their hand...bc if any of us watched the jets and know thier roster....and im pretty sure a lot of us do the oothers at the very least better than most.... we all know DE and WR shoul dbe a ddressed in some form.

We shoul bring that list back after the draft...I saw it in the paper but good job puttin it up +

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I definitely think the smoke and mirrors is a good point, but at the same point in time if we thought of that smoke and mirrors (I think I mentioned it with wideouts and DE's) I'm sure any NFL FO guy would be able to figure that out too. Definitely should be something interesting to bring back after the draft though I wonder if we'll pick any guys on the list or if we'll go after any positions that aren't on it. I think QB could potentially be a smokescreen, RB too as I'm not sure we'd go after anybody besides McFadden though maybe that's just me.

Last edited by derza222 : 04-15-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Mangini and Tannenbaum sometimes try to outsmart themselves when it comes to being covert (remember how they wouldnt comment on which knee Vilma hurt?). It would not surprise me that some of the guys they end up drafting never came in for a visit.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap. The Jets play the Seahawks in Seattle next year the week I'm home for Winter Break. That is awesome. I'm so going to that game.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pR761Y449VU

It's a Trina video...I know that sounds pretty dumb...but Ill ask do you recognize anyone in the video?...apparently his debut in video or film. Or so i heard. haha. Kinda funny, just kinda news slow right now but Im pretty sure by next tues. the forum will be goin nuts. for now, enjoy these clips of this former Cavalier.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Apparently the Pope kissed Kellen Clemens' baby at the mass in Washington DC. Perhaps we can now look forward to divine intervention.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3352068
Old 04-18-2008, 08:52 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Daily News stroy on the Jets pursuit of McFadden...perhaps its real perhaps its designed to get someone to offer more in a potential trade.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...cfadden-2.html
Old 04-18-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
Apparently the Pope kissed Kellen Clemens' baby at the mass in Washington DC. Perhaps we can now look forward to divine intervention.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3352068
Yes the cowboys may be America's team, but the Jets are God's Team!! I wonder if the pope did that so he can at least get a free parking pass for the 08 home games.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Scott has us getting Chris Long in his new mock. Really interesting..
Old 04-18-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Wow, someone actually posted something on this board. I was beginning to think everyone was either in prison or grounded by their parents. Only 8 days til the draft..I expected this board to be jumping...