Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-18-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Naked Jehuty

What do you guys think of a trade for chad johnson? I was watchin path to the draft and a trade for johnson was brought up. Im thinkin of his value being 1st/2nd so w/ a high 2nd and maybe a fourth or a fifth...(robertson?) what do you guys think
Old 04-18-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Jehuty View Post
What do you guys think of a trade for chad johnson? I was watchin path to the draft and a trade for johnson was brought up. Im thinkin of his value being 1st/2nd so w/ a high 2nd and maybe a fourth or a fifth...(robertson?) what do you guys think
I don't think he'd want to come here considering the Jets record last year. Yeah, I know the Jets will be better, but Chad probably doesn't, and considering what has happened, I don't think he has the intelligence to piece it together.

I used to defend Ocho Cinco all the time, but it seems that he really is just a T.O. clone.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

gio hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yeah, he won't want to come here...the jets are too much of an up and down team just like cincy the last few years. he wants to win, and i think he would go to a team like chicago or baltimore who really needs a #1 receiver..hell, i wouldn't put it past the pats to give their #7 for him either..scumbags.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

D-Rob to the Eagles?

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p.../80418026/1002
Old 04-18-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
If Robertson was willing to restructure his deal, he'd probably be a Bengal right now.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

i despise Chad Johnson, i would argue he is one of the major parts of the problems with the Bengals these days- T.O. at least is a winning player, Chad hasnt done sh*t in his career besides be a distraction.... no thanks

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can anyone see a trade like-

Jets give-
Dewayne Robertson
#6 overall

Eagles give-
Lito Sheppard
#19 overall
3rd rounder

I'm not sure if the trade would work without the 3rd rounder cuz isnt Sheppard's value like a bottom 1st early 2nd?
Old 04-19-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
If Robertson was willing to restructure his deal, he'd probably be a Bengal right now.
May be true...but his value (both in trades & contract) have taken a tumble since then. doesn help when you failed multiple physicals.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:51 AM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

it sounds like the teams who are actually interested in d-rob want him for free. and at this point, he is going be acquired by a team for next to nothing. the only way lito sheppard was going to come here was if there was some kind of package deal with a pick + coles..other than that, i cant see philly being that dumb.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

we are not getting lito sheppard im positive...too much value

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
it sounds like the teams who are actually interested in d-rob want him for free. and at this point, he is going be acquired by a team for next to nothing. the only way lito sheppard was going to come here was if there was some kind of package deal with a pick + coles..other than that, i cant see philly being that dumb.
Why? According to the trade value chart, that trade would put Lito's value at very early second round level, which sounds about right. And that assumes Robertson's value as very late sixth round.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would you guys think of this deal?

NY Jets receive:
Pick #78 (3rd Rd)

NO Saints receive:
DT Dewayne Robertson
Pick #102 (4th Rd)

That value roughly adds up to a very early 4th round pick (#98).

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
What would you guys think of this deal?

NY Jets receive:
Pick #78 (3rd Rd)

NO Saints receive:
DT Dewayne Robertson
Pick #102 (4th Rd)

That value roughly adds up to a very early 4th round pick (#98).
I'd love it as a Jets fan. Probably not so much as a Saints fan because of Robertson's cap number.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd love it as a Jets fan. Probably not so much as a Saints fan because of Robertson's cap number.
I second this. That deal is more than enough compensation for D-Rob, especially with his massive contract (obviously it would be more appealing for other teams if he reworked it). Interesting that there seems to be some interest in Robertson as the draft gets closer hopefully the Jets manage to get something.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

I think the reason why there happens to be so much interest is because D-Rob can be got for cheap value and can be a starter (a great one is another questions)...I can see it happening draft day...

Whats your take on Jared Allen getting traded? Because its looking like if that goes through....we are ******..

Via BoneKrusher
Old 04-20-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think if he gets traded were still fine...I think it gives KC more room to pick who they want bc his tender is 2 1st rd picks. With that trade and then pick I think they take Matt Ryan and use Vikings or whoever they trade him to's pick to go OT or DT. They would have that flexibility. I also dont think the trade will go down before draft day. More likely after the Cheifs pick

My question is what does everyone think of Jerome Simpson, should we not get James Hardy or a Limas Sweed Sized WR? Simpson is 62 200 4.45. He has 11 inch hands and crazy long arms. He can jump out of the gym and while he wont be physically as big as Hardy or Sweed he migth play closer to their size than his measurables would indicate as he holds Carolina records for broad and high jump. I have him on the Jets WR chart as 4. behind Sweed Hardy and Kelly Not as 4th best WR but best fit for what our Wideout need is...size with decent speed (ala not dwayne jarret)

I also like Paul Hubbard in the later rounds. For all those who like Monk, while he has all I look for the 2 knee surguries IN 1 YEAR are SCARY and he really showed me nothing in the bowl game despite team keying on McFadden and Jones. I just think he is the most one dimentional of the tall WR type need we have, at least the rest while all red zone threats have an added value in another part of their game, monk would just be a redzone WR.

Thoughts on WRs for Jets?...I really dont want to hear about the next LC or JC bc essentially if your talking about a 5'11 or 6'0 WR who has good hands and decent YAC I will blow my brains out as we do not need that...I could see an argument for a smaller but speedy WR who can stretch the field but honestly where did the Jets screw up more last season? when they were in the redzone and couldnt score or on their own 20 and didnt have santana moss breeaking 80 yard TD catches? I just think small speedy WR who are possesion guys otherwise are not as good FOR THE JETS as the aforementioned taller WRs. Basically unless you guarantee me Steve Smith or give me that very good potentially I say no to that smaller poss WR.

You?

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 04-20-2008 at 05:55 PM.
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

Quote:
Why? According to the trade value chart, that trade would put Lito's value at very early second round level, which sounds about right. And that assumes Robertson's value as very late sixth round.
yeah, but robertson is a proven bust..don't get me wrong i would love to have lito shepart, its just that he is an above average player, and no team is this league is going to make that trade for a player who was supposed to be great, but was only great in college. then only coach i can see doing that is shanahan, because he took risks in the past and some worked, some didn't.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Naked Jehuty

In all of Wright's mock drafts he had us taking James Hardy in the 2nd. No doubt he seems to be the perfect big red zone threat wr that we need. However, there are some legit character concerns. Do you guys think his off field issues are enough to have us pass on him if hes there in the 2nd? Or even if hes draftable at all.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Jehuty View Post
In all of Wright's mock drafts he had us taking James Hardy in the 2nd. No doubt he seems to be the perfect big red zone threat wr that we need. However, there are some legit character concerns. Do you guys think his off field issues are enough to have us pass on him if hes there in the 2nd? Or even if hes draftable at all.

Well as always it depends on who else is on the board. Unless there is a big dropoff in talent I suspect they will always go with the character guy.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It almost sounds like a lock that no one worthwhile will be available at our pick, sadly. Hopefully, if that happens, we'll be able to get a deal in place to move down.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

boys honestly....we cant say anything untill we are on the draft clock....i think its going to be fun and its going to come down essentially to what is oakland going to do....and following that, what is KC going to do (jared allen etc.).

as for James Hardy, I dont think we can worry about his character concerns because honestly, New England took a chance with Randy Moss and Corey Dillon and ya i may get flack for this for relating to NE but honestly, I wouldn't count it out. I love james hardy and think he can be the big daddy in NY and we have worked him out a lot so im pretty stoked...

Via BoneKrusher
Old 04-22-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Jake Long is off the board

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsess...o&confirm=true
Old 04-22-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
To me, thats a good thing in that he was going to be off the board anyway. The only thing I think we have to worry about now is that the Chiefs will draft a DE fifth overall to replace Jared Allen should the Raiders go McFadden 4th overall.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think we're in pretty good shape right now. One of Gholston, McFadden, Dorsey, Ryan, and Chris Long is going to be on the board at our pick.

The only guy I don't see us taking at all is Dorsey, and he's probably gone by pick 3 anyways. If he is there Cincinnati and New Orleans (maybe Denver) should be calling us and we can get something decent for the pick.

I'm not sold we want Ryan but if we have doubts about the QB position he's a good pick and if not teams like Baltimore, maybe Carolina who we have a good trading relationship with will want to move up.

McFadden we may have a tough time moving down if he's there but he could be a playmaker for our offense.

Chris Long is one of the best players in this draft if not the best and I think we should take him if he's there but if we don't want him there should be a lot of trade offers to move up and get him, same as with Gholston on the board. I think we should pull the trigger but there will be offers.

I'm thinking one way or another we'll be in pretty solid shape come draft day.

On another topic, what does everyone think of our supposed interest in Jonathan Stewart? I really think we should let our backs run behind our supposedly improved offensive line and from this draft want some defensive talent (corner, ILB, pass rusher, some DL talent wouldn't hurt), a wideout, and depth on the O-line along with possibly some competition at quarterback. Wouldn't mind a tight end or a big back if value presented itself.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Im with derza....i want defense...also with a possible wideout thrown in there...my ideal draft is this

1. Chris Long
2. James Hardy
4. Chevis Jackson
4. Rodrick Johnson
4. Eric Foster

This is pending the D-Rob trade goin down...

Via BoneKrusher