Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-24-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

gio hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GET LOOSE View Post
chad 4 a 2nd is unrealistic and i would be so happy if that happened....but y does that mean we would have 2 draft ryan...penny is not starting 4 us anyway so idk y u say we would have 2 draft ryan.
i absolutely think that would be a steal for us, but its just a rumor, who knows. i know what you mean with ryan, and i guess we can always find something in the later rounds as far as a qb goes. i just dont think ryan is worth a top 1st rounder.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Jets waived running back Alvin Banks, cornerback Manny Collins, linebacker Jerry Mackey and receiver Shaine Smith.

I don't know if that has any bearing on our draft plans, but I could make something out of nothing in 2 ways and say...these are the positions we will be addressing this year. OR that we will be trading down to accumulate more picks and needed to make roster space...just trying to make some news

GETTING CLOSE....PATRIOT ACT PATRIOT ACT....you wanna smoke what are you one of those fitness freaks?go f**k yourself....Im as pumped as Alec Baldwin in the Departed

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

From what i've heard from a friend who is a beat writer for ny sports, the drob trade is a conditional late round pick, but could escalate to a 2nd rounder next year....Take a minute and let that soak in..a 2nd rounder It is of course if he reaches certain playing time incentives, which i have no doubt in my mind he can reach. I'm not sure if that's been made official yet, but i'll be eager to see the exact details.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
From what i've heard from a friend who is a beat writer for ny sports, the drob trade is a conditional late round pick, but could escalate to a 2nd rounder next year....Take a minute and let that soak in..a 2nd rounder It is of course if he reaches certain playing time incentives, which i have no doubt in my mind he can reach. I'm not sure if that's been made official yet, but i'll be eager to see the exact details.
I thought about it for a minute. For someone like Drob to be worth that high a pick, I can only assume he's going to need to get 60 tackles and 7 sacks or something.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I thought about it for a minute. For someone like Drob to be worth that high a pick, I can only assume he's going to need to get 60 tackles and 7 sacks or something.
From what i've heard i beleive it is more number of snaps played as opposed to stats, however i have no idea until it's made official. I just think tanny has done a great job with us even sniffing at a 2nd rounder next year. I would have taken a ham sandwhich and a few beers...and probably would have settled for just the beers. The fact that he's traded i beleive we take the full cap hit this year, but im pretty sure we save roughly 8 this year and more the next, which is good enough in itself.

If he does turn out to be a 2nd or 3rd next year, we could be looking at quite the draft. I know we have the 4th from kendal, drobs pick and whatever vilma's pick turns out to be. If we are able to identify our weaknesses this year, I can see a legit run deep into the playoffs in '09 and 2010...that's not to say i'm not hoping for the playoffs this year, just that we have really set ourselves up for 2009 and 2010 and beyond. Of course a lot is riding on how clemens plays, but i'm definately excited for saturday.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:32 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

this is really jumping the gun...but if we get a 2nd next yr for drob (maybe)and vilma (which im pretty sure we will) and the 4th for kendall. wed start the draft with 10 picks and it would heaven. 3 2nd rd picks! i almost forgot this draft was sat.

2a
2b
2c
4a
4b

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:55 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
The Jets waived running back Alvin Banks, cornerback Manny Collins, linebacker Jerry Mackey and receiver Shaine Smith.

I don't know if that has any bearing on our draft plans, but I could make something out of nothing in 2 ways and say...these are the positions we will be addressing this year. OR that we will be trading down to accumulate more picks and needed to make roster space...just trying to make some news

GETTING CLOSE....PATRIOT ACT PATRIOT ACT....you wanna smoke what are you one of those fitness freaks?go f**k yourself....Im as pumped as Alec Baldwin in the Departed

I disagree with RB being one of the positions that we will address this year. If we don;t draft McFadden I doubt we will take a back unless it is a big value pick. Barring McFadden being there I think we are set with Jones, Washington and Chatman.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

well i would be happy if the jets decided to pickup ray rice in the 3rd if hes their but other then him or mcfadden i dont really want to address rb
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well i would be happy if the jets decided to pickup ray rice in the 3rd if hes their but other then him or mcfadden i dont really want to address rb
The Jets don't have a third.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
this is really jumping the gun...but if we get a 2nd next yr for drob (maybe)and vilma (which im pretty sure we will) and the 4th for kendall. wed start the draft with 10 picks and it would heaven. 3 2nd rd picks! i almost forgot this draft was sat.

2a
2b
2c
4a
4b

dont forget we could also use some picks next year to trade up this year too.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
dont forget we could also use some picks next year to trade up this year too.
Given the conditional nature of next year's picks, I would hope not.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Given the conditional nature of next year's picks, I would hope not.
why not? While its true the 'conditional nature' doesn't tell us exactly where they are, I would be willing to roll the dice a give up our picks in round 2 or 3 next year if it helps us move higher to land someone we want. We know for a fact that we have at least 3 extra picks next year (Kendall, Vilma, DROB) we just don't know what rounds they will be in. If there is a guy we want who drops and is there late in round one we could try to trade up. For example the Cowboys are known to trade down and they have their 2nd # 1 at 28. If we offered our # 2 this year plus next years 3 it works in the trade value chart (not sure if there is a discount for future picks so we may have to add an extra pick somewhere, but you get the idea)

Last edited by jmess15 : 04-25-2008 at 07:20 PM.
jmess15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:18 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man. Come on Long or Gholston!
Old 04-26-2008, 05:31 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and just in case anyone didn't know, if D-Rob plays 65% of the snaps next season, we'll be getting a 3rd rounder from the Broncos.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well supposedly both Long's are off the board so apparently we're not getting Chris. I just really really hope the draft doesn't look like:

1. Miami- Jake Long
2. St. Louis- Chris Long
3. Atlanta- Glenn Dorsey
4. Oakland- Darren McFadden
5. Kansas City- Vernon Gholston

Maybe we find a trading partner for Ryan or Sed Ellis but I'm not sure we would and that puts us in a tough situation. As bad as that scenario would be, it looks like it's pretty realistic at the moment...
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Well supposedly both Long's are off the board so apparently we're not getting Chris. I just really really hope the draft doesn't look like:

1. Miami- Jake Long
2. St. Louis- Chris Long
3. Atlanta- Glenn Dorsey

Maybe we find a trading partner for Ryan or Sed Ellis but I'm not sure we would and that puts us in a tough situation. As bad as that scenario would be, it looks like it's pretty realistic at the moment...

If Baltimore wants Matt Ryan so bad, I'd say draft him and then ask for a future second and #8 from Baltimore.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:

1. Miami- Jake Long
2. St. Louis- Chris Long
3. Atlanta- Glenn Dorsey
5. Kansas City- Vernon Gholston...

well im confident that the jets will not let that heppen. Their are alot of rumors that they wanted 2 trade up and i think if they feel mcfadden long and gholston will be gone then they will trade up 2 kc or stl.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:

1. Miami- Jake Long
2. St. Louis- Chris Long
3. Atlanta- Glenn Dorsey

ESPN Radio is saying that Atlanta will take Ryan and Oakland will take MCfadden. Which means if KC takes Vern we are smoked (worst possible scenario for us). Only thing would be to trade down to 10 with N'orleans who is supposedly hot for Dorsey. That way we could possibly grab another 2 or 3. That would also kill the Shockey to New Orleans talk too.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

well i think that was the case that would mean dorsey is still their at 5 and i think kc would take him instead of gholston so lets hope 4 that
Old 04-26-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
well i think that was the case that would mean dorsey is still their at 5 and i think kc would take him instead of gholston so lets hope 4 that

you called it...Jets on the clock...cmon Gholston
Old 04-26-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

got him....
Old 04-26-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Oh and just in case anyone didn't know, if D-Rob plays 65% of the snaps next season, we'll be getting a 3rd rounder from the Broncos.
according to the Denver Post, if he doesnt play 65% of the snaps we get NOTHING, NADA,ZILCH!

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9054630
Old 04-26-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

gio hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

gholston is what we were looking for, but the other guy makes absolutely no sense at all to trade up for him as a 1st rounder..i am in a total state of confusion right now. did the draft just happen, or am i dreaming? hopefully it's going to be saturday morning again.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
gholston is what we were looking for, but the other guy makes absolutely no sense at all to trade up for him as a 1st rounder..i am in a total state of confusion right now. did the draft just happen, or am i dreaming? hopefully it's going to be saturday morning again.
Keller is a good prospect, but I sure would have felt better if he was 6'5 and not 6'2. We still don't have much height in the receiving core (something I have been pleading for since Keyshawn was traded). But when it comes to grading the pick I guess my gut feeling is 4-12 teams don't trade up for Tight Ends.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
Keller is a good prospect, but I sure would have felt better if he was 6'5 and not 6'2. We still don't have much height in the receiving core (something I have been pleading for since Keyshawn was traded). But when it comes to grading the pick I guess my gut feeling is 4-12 teams don't trade up for Tight Ends.
The Jets are a team without a lot of pressing needs atm. Just the same, I would have preferred if they had stayed where they were and either selected Limas Sweed or James Hardy. Because of his size, I have a feeling that the Jets just selected a bust of a tight end that they simply didn't need considering the ones already on the roster.

Again.