Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-26-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

gio hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
Keller is a good prospect, but I sure would have felt better if he was 6'5 and not 6'2. We still don't have much height in the receiving core (something I have been pleading for since Keyshawn was traded). But when it comes to grading the pick I guess my gut feeling is 4-12 teams don't trade up for Tight Ends.
we have other needs besides TE, especially trading up for one. if you wanted a good prospect, take brandon flowers..he would have been much more valuable playing opposite revis instead of having a backup for bubba franks.. i dont get it.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
The Jets are a team without a lot of pressing needs atm. Just the same, I would have preferred if they had stayed where they were and either selected Limas Sweed or James Hardy. Because of his size, I have a feeling that the Jets just selected a bust of a tight end that they simply didn't need considering the ones already on the roster.

Again.

Sweed was the guy I wanted or Devin Thomas...but alas we get an H-Back
Old 04-27-2008, 02:15 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

There's a big reason keller was selected above all of the WRs..he's better than them. If the WRs on the board were so good, they wouldn't have fallen so far down the draft board considering a lot of teams need a WR. It wasn't just our draft chart that didn't have them ranked as 1st rounders, but apparantly everyones. There were a lot of rumors and talks about the giants selecting keller; which means, a team that is very good at scouting talent was going to select a TE to replace the soon to be traded shockey. Keller is a very good athlete and seems to have as good of hands as any other reciever in the draft; i wouldn't make such a big deal over 2 inches (which is the difference between him and sweed and kelly) considering he has a 41 inch vert and weighs about 20+ pounds more than them. I would say his size and strength will create more mismatches than an extra 2 inches would have. Plus, it gives us the power to trade baker or do what we will with him.

I am very excited to see what this kid can do and hopefully stuckey can make an impact this year as well.

I am praying that we get Dre Moore or Red Bryant somehow in this draft;whethe they are there for our 4th or we trade up, we'll see.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:02 AM    (permalink
disgruntledjetsfan
Rookie

disgruntledjetsfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Keller seems like he has the potential to be very productive for us. If anyone reads Scott's description of him, they'd know exactly why we picked him. Great intangibles, can line up all over the field, etc...

I'm excited about his potential, I just wish we had more picks. It would be amazing to get Dan Connor. I'm convinced that he can be a solid starter for a very long time, in just about any system.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:03 AM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

well in day 2 their are a few guys i really like. I like charles godfrey who i really want 2 be a jet next year but thats not looking 2 good. I like phillip wheeler, cliff avril, taveres gooden, josh barrett, and ray rice. I would be really happy if we traded for a 3rd rounder b/c i feel their is still alot of talent out their. But i think we really need 2 pick up a corner and godfrey would be a huge steal
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
There's a big reason keller was selected above all of the WRs..he's better than them. If the WRs on the board were so good, they wouldn't have fallen so far down the draft board considering a lot of teams need a WR. It wasn't just our draft chart that didn't have them ranked as 1st rounders, but apparantly everyones. There were a lot of rumors and talks about the giants selecting keller; which means, a team that is very good at scouting talent was going to select a TE to replace the soon to be traded shockey.
1. Please tell me you didn't just argue that if they were good, they wouldn't have fallen. Not when so many great players who provide immediate an impact fall year after year after year after year. Hell, thats all they talked about in the ads for the draft. Well, that and the fate of a franchise being on a 4 by 6 card.

2. I would love a link to this, because I haven't heard any talk regarding the Giants drafting a TE. In fact, all of the talk about Shockey being traded was because Kevin Boss did so well in his stead.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:10 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTw, I give the Jets credit. After signing Bubba Franks, I didn't think they'd, well, have the guts to pull the trigger on a TE move. I thought they'd try to address a "need". But, for how Schottenheimer and Mangini want to run that offense, for giving Kellen Clemens a shot, this was a great move. Essentially, he'll be your Ben Watson, although the offenses aren't exactly the same. They needed someone to attack and stretch the seams. It could've come vertically with another WR, but having a guy attack the seams gives an aging Coles more room and gives Cotchery a bit more space.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:42 AM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

[quote=toonsterwu;1041230]BTw, I give the Jets credit. After signing Bubba Franks, I didn't think they'd, well, have the guts to pull the trigger on a TE move. I thought they'd try to address a "need". But, for how Schottenheimer and Mangini want to run that offense, for giving Kellen Clemens a shot, this was a great move. Essentially, he'll be your Ben Watson, although the offenses aren't exactly the same. They needed someone to attack and stretch the seams. It could've come vertically with another WR, but having a guy attack the seams gives an aging Coles more room and gives Cotchery a bit more space.[/QUOTE

i am still convinced that the last good TE the jets had is mickey shuler..aside from that, you made the best point- giving an AGING COLES more room...we could have done that by drafting a WR. coles is running out of gas, and cotchery is def. not a #1. who else do the jets have, stuckey? come on. and limas sweed IMO was pretty much everything you need to play the position -YAC, some speed, strong, tall..everyone keeps saying "oh, their talent level isnt there yet"- not every WR is going to come out as the next chad or owens or rice. the jets could have just stayed at their spot in the 2nd round or, like it turned out yesterday, you could have traded your pick for a mid-2nd rounder and got a little something in return..jackson and sweed were picked in the 40s. or take a CB with Flowers..the kid is a stud and tackles like a beast..what would you rather have- a TE who may have a slight chance of making an impact, or another potential shut down corner?
Old 04-27-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

let me ask you this, why did all those recievers fall so deep? They were all hyped up to be first round value and they aren't. Yea, I don't disagree it was a reach. But, if you look at where Schottenheimer came from, its about having a TE that can catch and handle the ball. Im not comparing Dustin Keller to Antonio Gates but I think this kid could move with the ball well. Don't count the move out so fast. And I dont know if you could have done that with a reciever. Clearly Mangini and Tanenbaum didn't really feel any of the WR were worth trading up. Have faith in yor management.

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:28 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
let me ask you this, why did all those recievers fall so deep? They were all hyped up to be first round value and they aren't. Yea, I don't disagree it was a reach. But, if you look at where Schottenheimer came from, its about having a TE that can catch and handle the ball. Im not comparing Dustin Keller to Antonio Gates but I think this kid could move with the ball well. Don't count the move out so fast. And I dont know if you could have done that with a reciever. Clearly Mangini and Tanenbaum didn't really feel any of the WR were worth trading up. Have faith in yor management.

I dont think anyone is saying keller isnt a bad player and wont fit in, mosr of us thought we had bigger needs ala Wideout. I guess I cant get past them trading up to get a TE...BUT ofcourse he may turn out to be better than all of the WR in the draft..We can only wait and see.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

well we just made a trade and now got dwight lowrey and a 5th round pick.....To be honest i have never heard of this guy. Does anyone know something about him. Scott says he has gr8 ball skills and i can see that he had 9 picks in 06 and 4 last year. Not bad..He might be a good player on our team

Last edited by GET LOOSE : 04-27-2008 at 12:41 PM.
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
I dont think anyone is saying keller isnt a bad player and wont fit in, mosr of us thought we had bigger needs ala Wideout. I guess I cant get past them trading up to get a TE...BUT ofcourse he may turn out to be better than all of the WR in the draft..We can only wait and see.
i feel the same way..if he turns out to be the next gates, then fine, i was wrong. being a jets fan forever, that is not our luck. historically, the jets have picked a bunch of nobodys grouped in with a few big names like keyshawn, vilma, moss..i doubt the giants were going to draft a TE when they were eying phillips from day 1 at safety. and they just picked manningham...so now you will have plax, manningham, sinorice moss, steve smith..if they are all healthy together, that will be a great crew..um, who do the jets have again? crybaby coles, cotchery, and the invisible man. yeah, we don't need a WR..
Old 04-27-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Scorch
Veteran

Scorch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Jets review hours and hours of tapes of these guys, interview them, see them with their own eyes, and all you guys do is read Scott Wright's little blurbs about them. Yea, you guys definitely know what you're talking about.

Obviously, the Jets traded up because they thought highly of this guy. They traded up to get Revis and Harris last year, and I'm pretty sure thats worked out quite nicely for us.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
The Jets review hours and hours of tapes of these guys, interview them, see them with their own eyes, and all you guys do is read Scott Wright's little blurbs about them. Yea, you guys definitely know what you're talking about.
This sounds an awful lot like the "Obviously the Jets know something the people up here don't".
Old 04-27-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

i guess im not allowed to have an opinion if im not professionally associated with the nfl. so i guess a guy like rich kotite, in all his infinite wisdom, was not allowed to be challenged by his peers or the fans either.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post

Obviously, the Jets traded up because they thought highly of this guy. They traded up to get Revis and Harris last year, and I'm pretty sure thats worked out quite nicely for us.
WOW...I think most of us do a little more than just read Scott's blurbs as you say. We are entitled to our opinion regardless. I have been a Jets fans for almost 30 years and have seen a lot of moves that I chalked up to "well they know what they are doing, so i wont question it" I will not bore you with all of the previous wastes of picks. But one year we cut our second round pick in training camp...thats right 4 months after we drafted him.

Most of us have faith that Keller will develop, we just thought there were better needs. I view a good TE as the icing on the cake for a good team. Our cake is still in the oven and doesnt need to be iced.

So just curious, what qualifications do we need to post an opinion? Do i have to quit my job, sell my house and pay may own way to scout every player in the country then trespass into the scouting combine?
Old 04-27-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
what would you rather have- a TE who may have a slight chance of making an impact, or another potential shut down corner?
a TE who 'may' have a 'slight chance' of making an impact, or 'another potential shut down corner'?

Seems like you are making one prospect seem much more sure than the other. You could throw an arguement like that for every draft pick. Flowers is no more a sure thing than Keller, and Keller can have just as big, if not a bigger impact than Flowers. The pass rush was addressed this offseason and should help the CBs, something that made them potentially look worse than they are back there.

You seem to put a whole lot of emphasis on the TE title. You realize that this guy is an athlete right? a converted WR. He has the size, speed, and jumping ability that this team needs, even if he doesn't go by the title of WR. he is more than capable of playing as a WR in packages, and doesn't have the many character or injury concerns that many of these 'top WRs' you speak of have. I'd say he's probably the safer of the selections. You seem to act as though those injury and character concerns aren't issues, and that Keller is an inferior prospect to them, which is clearly not the case.

Some people are saying 'who cares if the WRs fell, that means nothing!', this clearly is not true. Of course talented players fall every year, and no one is saying that isn't the case. But many teams passed on a position of need (WR) for a reason, most noteably the character and injury concerns, as well as other deficiencies that each player has. This is not to say Keller is without his faults, but do not ignore the facts. The order of drafting WRs in the draft also speaks to the uncertainty in each players quality. how many people had Avery as the first WR off the board?

I agree that the Jets easily could have stayed pat and just selected a tall WR in the 2nd, and that is what i fully expected them to do. I was skeptical at first when i saw the Keller selection, but do not just get caught up in the 'he's a TE, we need a WR', as he is capable of playing WR also. He will give more room to the current WRs and is a YAC guy and security blanket for a young QB. Henry is a big WR that we got in a later round to help for the redzone.

I am not saying that WR isn't a concern, as it is, and it needs to be addressed to get more depth and look to the future. Just don't rule out Keller so quickly. He has great character and a terrific work ethic, factors you know weighed into managements decision. Don't automatically assume that those other prospects we passed on will boom and our pick will bust

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Jets may be bringing in Danny Woodhead. If they do, he could potentially be a monster kick returner/ST guy. He has about as much athleticism as Gholston.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Jetfanmack
Rookie

Jetfanmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
So the Jets may be bringing in Danny Woodhead. If they do, he could potentially be a monster kick returner/ST guy. He has about as much athleticism as Gholston.
Jetfanmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My predicted 2008 Jets Roster (not depth chart)

QB: Kellen Clemens, Chad Pennington, Eric Ainge
RB: Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Jesse Chatman
FB: Tony Richardson, Stacey Tutt
WR: Lavernues Coles, Jerricho Cotchery, Brad Smith, Chansi Stuckey, Marcus Henry, Wallace Wright
TE: Chris Baker, Dustin Keller, Bubba Franks
OT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Damien Woody, Jacob Bender, Nate Garner
OG: Alan Faneca, Brandan Moore, Will Montgomery, Robert Thomas
C: Nick Mangold, Wade Smith

DE: Shaun Ellis, Kenyon Coleman, Mike Devito, Kareem Brown
DT: Kris Jenkins, Sione Puoha, C.J. Mosley
OLB: Calvin Pace, Vernon Gholston, Bryan Thomas, David Bowens
ILB: David Harris, Eric Barton, Brad Kassell
CB: Darrelle Revis, Justin Miller, Dwight Lowery, Drew Coleman. Andre Woolfork
S: Kerry Rhodes, Abraham Elam, Eric Smith, Darnell Bing

K: Mike Nugent
P: Ben Graham
LS: James Dearth

Last edited by TimD : 04-27-2008 at 08:18 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, but you forgot Danny Woodhead.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con..._Woodhead.html

Quote:
NFL | Woodhead impressed at Pro Day - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 18 Apr 2008 12:02:08 -0700

Eric Olson, of The Associated Press, reports Chadron State RB Danny Woodhead impressed at his Pro Day. Woodhead posted between a 4.33 and 4.38 40-yard dash, a 38 1/2-inch vertical jump and completed 20 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press. He was not invited to the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine in February.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Sorry, but you forgot Danny Woodhead.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con..._Woodhead.html
How trustworthy is the 40 time if he wasn't at the combine?

If the workout numbers are honest, I'd love the Jets to bring him in for a try out. Keep in mind that fast Willie Parker didn't even have a draft profile once upon a time.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
How trustworthy is the 40 time if he wasn't at the combine?

If the workout numbers are honest, I'd love the Jets to bring him in for a try out. Keep in mind that fast Willie Parker didn't even have a draft profile once upon a time.
Oh, I guess that was a little confusing. He's already been signed by the Jets. But of course, considering that he wasn't part of some big-time program that may be able to skew their data well, I'd say it's fairly legit. You can't really mess with the vertical and the bench reps, and at the very worst, he runs somewhere in the 4.4 range. But hell, he put up gaudy numbers and has some crazy athleticism. Just a little small. I think he could be a fantastic gunner or returner.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh, I guess that was a little confusing.

No, its just what I get for not actually clicking on the link before I wrote that. :o
Old 04-27-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
a TE who 'may' have a 'slight chance' of making an impact, or 'another potential shut down corner'?

Seems like you are making one prospect seem much more sure than the other. You could throw an arguement like that for every draft pick. Flowers is no more a sure thing than Keller, and Keller can have just as big, if not a bigger impact than Flowers. The pass rush was addressed this offseason and should help the CBs, something that made them potentially look worse than they are back there.

You seem to put a whole lot of emphasis on the TE title. You realize that this guy is an athlete right? a converted WR. He has the size, speed, and jumping ability that this team needs, even if he doesn't go by the title of WR. he is more than capable of playing as a WR in packages, and doesn't have the many character or injury concerns that many of these 'top WRs' you speak of have. I'd say he's probably the safer of the selections. You seem to act as though those injury and character concerns aren't issues, and that Keller is an inferior prospect to them, which is clearly not the case.

Some people are saying 'who cares if the WRs fell, that means nothing!', this clearly is not true. Of course talented players fall every year, and no one is saying that isn't the case. But many teams passed on a position of need (WR) for a reason, most noteably the character and injury concerns, as well as other deficiencies that each player has. This is not to say Keller is without his faults, but do not ignore the facts. The order of drafting WRs in the draft also speaks to the uncertainty in each players quality. how many people had Avery as the first WR off the board?

I agree that the Jets easily could have stayed pat and just selected a tall WR in the 2nd, and that is what i fully expected them to do. I was skeptical at first when i saw the Keller selection, but do not just get caught up in the 'he's a TE, we need a WR', as he is capable of playing WR also. He will give more room to the current WRs and is a YAC guy and security blanket for a young QB. Henry is a big WR that we got in a later round to help for the redzone.

I am not saying that WR isn't a concern, as it is, and it needs to be addressed to get more depth and look to the future. Just don't rule out Keller so quickly. He has great character and a terrific work ethic, factors you know weighed into managements decision. Don't automatically assume that those other prospects we passed on will boom and our pick will bust
i dont think we had to trade up to take a TE. and yes i know he is an athlete, like everyone else. excuse me for having an opinion like everyone else here. i think flowers would have made a better impact, on our team, at his position. just like the last guy ive been a fan for almost 30 years and there have been alot of WTFs that the organization stood by.