Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 05-03-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love Danny Woodhead and Roderick Johnson signings....I think tghose are going to be 2 contributers to our team...I see at least playing time for both...or at least I hope.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love how our defense is shaping up. Good young players in the LB core (Pace to an extent, Gholston, Harris), a NT to take on blockers, some playmakers in the secondary... can't wait to watch everything take shape.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
I love Danny Woodhead and Roderick Johnson signings....I think tghose are going to be 2 contributers to our team...I see at least playing time for both...or at least I hope.
I think Caulcrick has a chance at making the team... could be valueable as a goal-line/short yardage/good blocking back
Old 05-04-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedevil$ View Post
I think Caulcrick has a chance at making the team... could be valueable as a goal-line/short yardage/good blocking back
I think caulcrick will make the team either as our 2nd FB or possibly 4th RB and take chatmans place hopefully. I read he has a 38" vert, which is great for goal line situations. It shows A) he can jump over the pile with his 250 lb frame and B) shows his explosiveness we running threw defenders. I certainly hope he can make the team and learn from richardson.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never can trust MSU Spartans. They're always underachievers. But here's to Caulcrick doing something.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of Chatman? What is his role on the team?
Old 05-05-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
I think caulcrick will make the team either as our 2nd FB or possibly 4th RB and take chatmans place hopefully. I read he has a 38" vert, which is great for goal line situations. It shows A) he can jump over the pile with his 250 lb frame and B) shows his explosiveness we running threw defenders. I certainly hope he can make the team and learn from richardson.
Definitely agree there, I hope he makes it. We really don't have a short yardage back, so Caulcrick would be great at filling that role and could learn how to play FB behind a great one. Not sure if Chatman even makes the team if Caulcrick does as a short yardage guy, but who knows. A lot of our UDFA's seem to have a legit shot to make this team. Love the Johnson signing as well, and if Mattison is stout against the run he could potentially make the team as well a-la Mike DeVito. Woodhead obviously as well, he's certainly getting quite a bit of hype.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
What do you guys think of Chatman? What is his role on the team?
I dont see him on the field too too much. I see him spelling TJones for a series or two here and there. Barring injuries I dont see him getting more than 5 or 6 carries a game. But...I do think he is a great backup because he can carry the load if needed and would make a good complement to Leon...
Old 05-06-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedevil$ View Post
YOu know Barton is 50 and Gholston is 56, right?
Old 05-06-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Completely off topic and not relevant to this at all but....

Whenever I am in a bad mood, as a Jets fan, I turn to this video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RaYgGSHJ5hM&feature=related

Seriously, I could watch this 100x a day, it never gets old.

Also is TC at Hofstra this year?
Old 05-06-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Completely off topic and not relevant to this at all but....

Whenever I am in a bad mood, as a Jets fan, I turn to this video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RaYgGSHJ5hM&feature=related

Seriously, I could watch this 100x a day, it never gets old.

Also is TC at Hofstra this year?

I always love that video, it's tremendous and never fails to put me in a great mood.

For TC, unless I'm wrong it's Hofstra this year, then we move to Florham Park at some time during the regular season for good so TC will be there next year. I can't wait till we have TC at Florham Park since it's like 15 minutes away from me.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I always love that video, it's tremendous and never fails to put me in a great mood.

For TC, unless I'm wrong it's Hofstra this year, then we move to Florham Park at some time during the regular season for good so TC will be there next year. I can't wait till we have TC at Florham Park since it's like 15 minutes away from me.
Hofstra is 15 minutes away from me :(
Old 05-07-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

im with alex down...Uniondale is 15 mins...god damn...Westbury/Uniondale/Roosevelt is turning to a crap area...

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok i know its a bit early, but i want some record predictions for the jets and if you want records against divisional opponents. Im going to go out on a limb and say 10-6 for the jets
against pats 0-2
dolphins-2-0
bills 2-0
Old 05-12-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Last year was the first year in a while that we didn't split with the Bills. We always seem to never take 2 from them, no matter what.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Last year was the first year in a while that we didn't split with the Bills. We always seem to never take 2 from them, no matter what.
I don't think this year is going to be any different. I look at the Jets offseason, and then I look at the Bills offseason and I see a push with a lot of the major moves each team made. The only ones I don't see a corresponding acquisition to by the Bills are Faneca and Woody.

Kris Jenkins - Marcus Stroud
Calvin Pace - Kawika Mitchell
Vernon Gholston - Leondis McKelvin
Dustin Keller - James Hardy
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You forgot Xavier Omon and Danny Woodhead.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey jets fans, who do you think is gonna be your starting QB this year?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

"Tom Brady, speaking on WEEI, intimated that he doesn't respect the Jets.
Brady was talking about how he could accept losing to the Giants because he respected them so much. Then a follow up question was asked about what teams he didn't respect, "There's four letters in their name," Brady said. "Those green guys?" he was asked. "Yeah, exactly." Something tells us this quote is going to get some play before the Patriots-Jets Week 2 matchup. "

Not sure if ya'll saw that one, but man did that just add some intensity to that game coming up. I can only hope that gholston, pace and jenkins paste that above their locker and stare at it every day of the year. The only way to get respect is by winning. I'm sure sacking him 7 times wouldn't really lose our respect either.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Old 05-14-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

I could care less what Tom Brady thinks about the Jets.

What matters if we can beat them, and looking over the last couple of years I am pretty sure they have won mostly all the regular season games against us, with the one exception being the win I believe 2 years ago.

Bottom line is we got to win.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
I could care less what Tom Brady thinks about the Jets.

What matters if we can beat them, and looking over the last couple of years I am pretty sure they have won mostly all the regular season games against us, with the one exception being the win I believe 2 years ago.

Bottom line is we got to win.
I'm pretty sure Brady is 10-1 against us since becoming a starting quarterback. And i agree that the only way to get respect is to win and i hope we do.

What he says has no impact on how i feel about our team, but it certainly does validate my dislike for him. I know teams should always be amped for games, but it would be foolish to think that stuff like this doesn't help fuel them. I truly hope that sutton uses this to get gholston, pace etc. fired up for week 2. Let's just hope it doesn't cause them to look past the fins.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since the forum is kinda dead, other than that brady quote here's a little survey about the Jets.

Starting QB:
UDFA to make the team:
Surprise Cut:
Breakout/Comeback Player Offense:
Breakout/Comeback Player Defense:
Biggest Impact by a new Jet:

add more if you think of them
Old 05-14-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Starting QB: Kellen Clemens
UDFA to make the team: Danny Woodhead
Surprise Cut: David Barret
Breakout/Comeback Player Offense: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Breakout/Comeback Player Defense: Bryan Thomas
Biggest Impact by a new Jet: Dustin Keller or Alan Faneca
Old 05-14-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting QB: Clemens
UDFA to make the team: Caulcrick
Surprise Cut: Jesse Chatman
Breakout/Comeback Player Offense: Cotchery
Breakout/Comeback Player Defense: Miller
Biggest Impact by a new Jet: Faneca
Surprise Signing: Woodhead

Chatman probably wont get cut. But theres no need for him. Hes a decent backup. With Jones and Leon starting, Caulcrick as the goalline back, and Woodhead for Leons backup.. Chatman will have no role.

Last edited by 'cuse-213 : 05-14-2008 at 06:31 PM.
'cuse-213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Here's my take, nice idea:

Starting QB: Clemens
UDFA to make the team: Caulcrick
Surprise Cut: Barrett
Breakout/Comeback Player Offense: Brick
Breakout/Comeback Player Defense: Miller
Biggest Impact by a new Jet: Jenkins

If Pennington starts I'll cry.

For UDFA there's a few guys I think have a legit shot: Caulcrick, Woodhead, Rod Johnson, and Mattison just to name a few. I really hope that Caulcrick, Johnson, and Mattison make it since we could really use some help at those positions. Woodhead I love but he seems like too much of a Leon clone to make it IMO. Caulcrick just seems to offer us a different skill set than anything we have on offense and could really help us in goal line/short yardage which I think we desperately need, and ideally could develop into a starting FB long-term. I'd love to see Will Bullard make the team but I highly, highly doubt he does.

It'd be nice if somebody emerged and we could afford to cut Barton and start a youngester next to Harris. That said I agree with you, Barrett is the most likely cut. A dark horse to be a surprise cut is actually Thomas IMO, I think our fourth best OLB behind the Pace, Gholston, and Bowens. The only reason it's very unlikely is that I don't think we get any cap benefit from cutting him. That said, if some UDFA proves to be a lot more valuable than Thomas would be I wonder if it's possible.

Brick is obviously an ideal guy to break out on offense. Brad Smith would be a great break out guy, Leon could do it with increased carries, and Stuckey really could make an impact from the slot if he gets time IMO. The ideal breakout guy on offense is the guy that we both have as the answer to the first question.

Defensively I think Miller in a contract year with the #2 corner slot up for grabs is a good possibility to really break out. Wouldn't be shocked if he did and we let him walk in FA or franchised and traded him. Elam or Smith could break out at safety for us, and it'd be nice to see one of the younger DL's like Mosely or Kareem Brown break out but I think that's a long shot.

I think Jenkins on the inside will really free up guys to make plays on the ball. Harris especially should explode statistically this season, though we all know he's a tremendous player. Pace as a newcomer will make a pretty big impact I think, but more in coverage and against the run than getting after the passer. Faneca should help solidify our line so he's close to Jenkins but I think Woody will influence that as well. Gholston I see flashing great potential and coming on more at the end of the season, while Keller will make a consistant impact but not completely explode. I see Henry making some plays and Lowery doing the same but more few and far between. Ainge I hope doesn't get any PT, same with Garner, and the only FA I think could likely make an impact is Caulcrick in short yardage, while Woodhead could on returns and unless Johnson or Mattison explodes I don't see them doing a ton.