Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 10-13-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say this. The Jets did not look too good against the Bengals. Yeah, they won, but the Bengals played horribly.

But it doesn't matter. Not yet. All that matters is winning right now. If we get to week 12 and the Jets are still eeking out close wins against bad teams, its time to worry. But for now, they just need to get enough wins to go to the post season and a win is a win is a win. Just ask the Giants circa midseason 2007.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:44 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They didn't play consistently wel om either side of the ball over the course of the game. There were times when they were running effectively and then nothing. On D there were times when they looked great but then looked clueless. Im gonna take the win and hope the team keeps improving.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How come the Jets always wear those ugly-ass uniforms?
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Awful, just awful.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre looked terrible today, recievers didn't help him much either

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demoralizing loss. The pass game was atrocious. I liked what i saw from the run game, it got a number of solid gains. Washington's TD run was nice, good to see him pound it in there. But boy was that pass offense bad. We didn't get very good pressure on the QB, and a weak WR core had its first solid game against our DBs. Overall this game was just bad all-around. I thought we might pull out the ugly win, but it didn't happen. Needed a game-changing play from someone. The only one in the game really was the fumbled punt by Washington. Just wasn't good..

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Frarve was pitiful. He dinked and dunked worse than Pennington.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:37 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are you guys thoughts on Justin Miller?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Staying on the field for any amount of time would be nice. He's a good athlete but its hard to know how much his skills have developed considering he hasn't been on the field too much.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I seriously want to know what kind of contract offer he is going to get at the end of the year. I really can't tell with this guy at all. He really looked bad as CB earlier in his career and most of the media in NY were saying he would just have to serve as a return man (made pro bowl as one).

In contract year, I seriously can't think of any contributions he has this year. I always wonder what could have been with him, not that I am saying he still can't have a great career, I just don't see him doing anything with the Jets.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
I seriously want to know what kind of contract offer he is going to get at the end of the year. I really can't tell with this guy at all. He really looked bad as CB earlier in his career and most of the media in NY were saying he would just have to serve as a return man (made pro bowl as one).

In contract year, I seriously can't think of any contributions he has this year. I always wonder what could have been with him, not that I am saying he still can't have a great career, I just don't see him doing anything with the Jets.
They are really thin at corner so he probably will be given every opportunity to succeed at corner.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I have no thoughts, as he's never around to evaluate. He appears to be a bandaid. I had high hopes for him coming out. Solidly built athlete with good speed? Sounds good. But he's always injured, so his contributions have been minimal. I like him as a returner, but he is far from proven as a CB. I'd like to see what he has to offer, who knows if we'll get the chance though. I wouldn't want to offer a very big contract given how little he actually sees the field, it would be paying someone to sit on IR.

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
I have no thoughts, as he's never around to evaluate. He appears to be a bandaid. I had high hopes for him coming out. Solidly built athlete with good speed? Sounds good. But he's always injured, so his contributions have been minimal. I like him as a returner, but he is far from proven as a CB. I'd like to see what he has to offer, who knows if we'll get the chance though. I wouldn't want to offer a very big contract given how little he actually sees the field, it would be paying someone to sit on IR.
You seriously have to wonder how much of his talent as a return man came from the Jets ST coaching, considering Leon Washington did the same thing next year when Miller went down. Or maybe they are just both really good....
Old 10-22-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Ya, but i'm not willing to pull the Devin Hester and pay a guy based on 'hope' that he can play another position effectively. Can't really compare the two players, since Hester is superior, and Miller is a bandaid, but you get the point.

Quote:
Old 10-23-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ya, but i'm not willing to pull the Devin Hester and pay a guy based on 'hope' that he can play another position effectively. Can't really compare the two players, since Hester is superior, and Miller is a bandaid, but you get the point.
Miller isn't going to be able to get a big contract from anyone. I see no reason why the jets don't try to keep him around for a reasonable price to see if he can live up to his athletic potential.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

big is a relative word. i didn't mean a contract at the amount of Hester.

Quote:
Old 10-23-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
big is a relative word. i didn't mean a contract at the amount of Hester.
I didn't think you did. I meant big for miller. I don't think many teams will take a chance on a good return man from a few years ago with many injuries and no history actually playing corner. Basically, I can't see another team really giving him much money so the Jets shouldn't let him go just out of spite because he hasn't hit his potential. However, teams have done dumb crap in the past, so, who knows?
Old 10-24-2008, 09:10 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I'm going to wait and see what he does the rest of the season before i throw anything at him. As far as i'm concerned, he's done nothing to warrant an offer.....i like him, but he hasn't. Washington fills the void nicely and is a great team guy, why not just keep his involvement up? I like Miller and think he can contribute, but that is all off of athletic ability really, since he hasn't done anything to this point for us. Not good when the thing i remember about a guy is a few bad penalties.....

Quote:
Old 10-24-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm going to wait and see what he does the rest of the season before i throw anything at him. As far as i'm concerned, he's done nothing to warrant an offer.....i like him, but he hasn't. Washington fills the void nicely and is a great team guy, why not just keep his involvement up? I like Miller and think he can contribute, but that is all off of athletic ability really, since he hasn't done anything to this point for us. Not good when the thing i remember about a guy is a few bad penalties.....
He obviously hasn't earned anything with his play because he hasn't played. But he is still an intriguing player with regards to his athleticism. If he can play in a limited role for a portion of the season, he may be able to prove that he he still has some talent that the team can develop. Even if he doesn't see the field for any substantial amount of time, I still say we give him a shot because as I mentioned earlier, there is no way he will command any substantial money or years and he has to be familiar with our defense more than a rookie. Why not take a risk on the guy and see if we can cash in on his prodigious athleticism. I mean after all, he has ideal size, is a good hitter, is really fast, and is still young. A 24 year old with this physical ability is not someone you give up on.

Obviously this is all contingent on another team not offering him stupid money.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys got lucky! :)
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
you guys got lucky! :)

yeah your gift to the officials better be a good one
Old 10-26-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow. well lets not give leon the ball more. when he gets it he's nasty but no no no we only give him the ball 3 times... they need to give him more chances
Old 10-26-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one of the least satisfying wins i have ever experienced

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Good game.
It was the Bowe show today.