Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 02-26-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...ngs-about.html

Am I the only one not on Moore's side? I don't know, it kind of reminds me of Coles and Baker where they highly over-value themselves, because I really don't think Moore's worth that much. In my mind, just about every move done so far has been as much about promoting team chemistry as it has been about cutting cap, so I'm all for it until I see something negative.
I don't see the comparison. Unlike Coles and Baker who demanded more money, all Moore wanted was the money in his contract. Not an unreasonable demand, especially coming off of a pretty good season. IIRC, Moore contract was 6 years 23 million. Considering the ridiculous contracts guards have been getting, that doesn't seem unreasonable for a guard of his quality. I don't know why they weren't willing to just renegotiate the deal and why they wanted him to take a pay cut. So the Jets have 7 million more in cap room and a new need to fill. To me, this was the first bad cut the Jets have made.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I don't see the comparison. Unlike Coles and Baker who demanded more money, all Moore wanted was the money in his contract. Not an unreasonable demand, especially coming off of a pretty good season. IIRC, Moore contract was 6 years 23 million. Considering the ridiculous contracts guards have been getting, that doesn't seem unreasonable for a guard of his quality. I don't know why they weren't willing to just renegotiate the deal and why they wanted him to take a pay cut. So the Jets have 7 million more in cap room and a new need to fill. To me, this was the first bad cut the Jets have made.
Actually reading over the article again, I read it wrong the first time. I thought he said he wanted more money. So I take it back. Still don't particularly care that we're letting him go though. Of course, this leaves the Jets in quite a predicament because if TJ and Leon don't have the same kind of year and the Jets give up more sacks, everyone will act as if it's because Moore is gone.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually reading over the article again, I read it wrong the first time. I thought he said he wanted more money. So I take it back. Still don't particularly care that we're letting him go though. Of course, this leaves the Jets in quite a predicament because if TJ and Leon don't have the same kind of year and the Jets give up more sacks, everyone will act as if it's because Moore is gone.
Well, I'd say it will depend on who they replace Moore with. If the Jets truly feel his replacement is already on the roster, IMO the Jets will give up more sacks and the running game won't be as good and it will be because Moore is gone (and they didn't go and get a suitable replacement).
Old 02-26-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moore was one of the better run-blockers in the league. This is a huge blow. Your offense is shaping up to be very weak next season.

Maybe Super Leon will get 20 touches a game and make up for the less talented OL and shaky QB situation.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a few more hours...hoping a Bart Scott deal doesn't get done last minute and we can get him up here for a visit and see what we can do.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://jets.lohudblogs.com/2009/02/2...hardson-signs/

Yay. T-Rich back, though we knew it was going to happen.

Looks like our top targets are Scott, Kemorefer (Steelers OG), and Leonhard.

Scott turned down a contract that would give him 7 mil a year, so we'll probably offer 8 a year and it'll be a done deal. Whatever he gets, wherever it is, keep in mind Pace got a 6 year 42 mil contract from us last year, and Scott's a better player.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
http://jets.lohudblogs.com/2009/02/2...hardson-signs/

Yay. T-Rich back, though we knew it was going to happen.

Looks like our top targets are Scott, Kemorefer (Steelers OG), and Leonhard.
The Jets released Moore so they could sign that guy???? :( :( :(
Old 02-26-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Bart Scott was just on NFL Live. He seems like a real cool guy. He needs to get on that plane...
Old 02-26-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bart Scott was just on NFL Live. He seems like a real cool guy. He needs to get on that plane...
Absolutely, I'd love him here, and he did seem really cool. Not sure what the deal is with Keomendergen but I figured we'd at least look at a right tackle to replace Moore and slide Woody inside. Apparently not...would be slightly frustrating to spend a ton of money on another guard when Moore is solid unless they've caught something we didn't, and I'm skeptical about that (I sound too much like that guy after the Marino pick to take a theory like that seriously). Awesome to get T-Rich re-signed too that was clutch.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Jets released Moore so they could sign that guy???? :( :( :(
eh Rex Ryan has been planning against him so he knows what he can do.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
eh Rex Ryan has been planning against him so he knows what he can do.
He's also very large. Would add some nice beef to our line.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
He's also very large. Would add some nice beef to our line.
Im just gonna have faith that Tannenbaum and Ryan know what they're doing. Seemingly it doesn't make sense, but perhaps they know of stuff they can do in free agency that will make up for it.
I don't know about his contract and stuff, but would it make sense as a possibility that he resigns with a new deal?
Old 02-26-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Im just gonna have faith that Tannenbaum and Ryan know what they're doing. Seemingly it doesn't make sense, but perhaps they know of stuff they can do in free agency that will make up for it.
I don't know about his contract and stuff, but would it make sense as a possibility that he resigns with a new deal?
Moore? We asked him to take less and he said no, to be honest he was on a reasonable contract anyways. Kemoeatu I think will require a contract that's more than Moore would have gotten so unless he's that much of an upgrade or Moore was a locker room issue...
Old 02-27-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...ngs-about.html

Am I the only one not on Moore's side? I don't know, it kind of reminds me of Coles and Baker where they highly over-value themselves, because I really don't think Moore's worth that much. In my mind, just about every move done so far has been as much about promoting team chemistry as it has been about cutting cap, so I'm all for it until I see something negative.

No you are not the only one. This is a move that I dont agree with at all. He is a pretty good guard and was not getting a lot of money. I would like to see us find someone as good as him for less money. But the move is done and we will have to live with it. I hope we sign Scott or Leonhard by tomorrow.

Last edited by GET LOOSE : 02-27-2009 at 12:30 AM.
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Moore? We asked him to take less and he said no, to be honest he was on a reasonable contract anyways. Kemoeatu I think will require a contract that's more than Moore would have gotten so unless he's that much of an upgrade or Moore was a locker room issue...
Thanks, I haven't been able to keep up on news in the sports or the world in general these days. I've had a few essays and exams monopolizing my time.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Something semi random, but we might bring in Jabari Greer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXhbK...eature=related

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 02-27-2009 at 01:17 AM.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:15 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Moore was one of the better run-blockers in the league. This is a huge blow. Your offense is shaping up to be very weak next season.
I think their plan was to never give Moore the 7 mill this year. The only thing is he played much better last year than they thought.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:16 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Something semi random, but we might bring in Jabari Greer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXhbK...eature=related
Not surprised, it's a move that could make some sense.

Saw somewhere we have a standing offer of 4M/year for Kemoeotu. Makes me wonder how much better we felt he was than Moore, but at least we're not going to give him one of those disgustingly large guard contracts if we do sign him. Not happy about it, but could be far worse.

We got Bart Scott!!!!!!!!!!! Our LB corps looks pretty solid right now.

Last edited by derza222 : 02-27-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

*Crosses starting ILB off of the list of Jets needs.*

They're also saying that the Jets are looking at Corey Ivy. I'm much rather Chris McAlister.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:34 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
*Crosses starting ILB off of the list of Jets needs.*

They're also saying that the Jets are looking at Corey Ivy. I'm much rather Chris McAlister.
Agreed. Possibly it means there's faith in Lowery? I guess if Ivy comes cheap it's no big deal given we have really awful corner depth and he can play nickel. McAllister is nice though because I could see him at least potentially starting.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

There was some reports that we'd go after Ray Lewis too which seems crazy.

I don't know about McAllister though. I think there's a reason he got cut and I'm assuming he's not even on their radar, considering his age, fading talent, and I'm pretty sure he had attitude issues at least there at the end.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:

I don't know about McAllister though. I think there's a reason he got cut and I'm assuming he's not even on their radar, considering his age, fading talent, and I'm pretty sure he had attitude issues at least there at the end.
Well, there's probably a few reasons. The Ravens needed all the cap relief they could get in order to try to sign Suggs, Lewis and Scott. McAlister was due something like $8 mill and he's coming off injury at 32 years old.

I'm personally hoping that we get Jabari Greer for a decent contract. He would be an excellent #2 CB opposite Revis.

Sign Chris Kemoteau for $4 mill a year and we addressed ILB, CB and OG this offseason, with plenty of cap space left.

Anyone else have a feeling we are going to do something crazy?? I know some of the money could be used to extend Leon, but we still have a significant amount of money under the cap, even with all these moves.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 02-27-2009 at 11:22 AM.
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:

Im sure they're not going to get both Lewis and Scott. As for McAlister, I'd like to see the Jets try to sign him because I figure he will be a short term answer at cornerback while Lowry continues to develop. Due to his age and injury history, I am kind of figuring he will be a lower (wont say low) cost signing.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

If we do happen to get Kemo, here's a vid on him on Shaun Rogers.

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=3507
Old 02-27-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

I think signing Kemo speaks to what Rex said about attitude and toughness. Kemo sure looks intimidating.