Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 03-04-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
To be honest Tangini has been doing well in the draft (fingers crossed for Gholston) so I pretty much trust whatever he does haha
I have always wondered how big a role mangini played in the draft process. I guess it's no longer Tangini but maybe something like T-Rex..

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
I have always wondered how big a role mangini played in the draft process. I guess it's no longer Tangini but maybe something like T-Rex..
I'd like to hope there's a bit less of an emphasis on character and intelligence. Not that I really minded to much, but it handcuffed us some. As long as the people we're taking know what they're doing on the field, don't get in trouble off it (or have learned from their mistakes), and work hard we should be fine.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I'd like to hope there's a bit less of an emphasis on character and intelligence. Not that I really minded to much, but it handcuffed us some. As long as the people we're taking know what they're doing on the field, don't get in trouble off it (or have learned from their mistakes), and work hard we should be fine.
couldn't have said it better...

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-scott#page/1

Ooh boy. He's got me all excited.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post

i didnt see the scott in the link and my first thought was 'oh my god, t.o. and jets have a mutual interest in eachother!'
Old 03-05-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

T.O to NY? Lol I would be running to Mangini crying to come back. And yes This Offseason has got me very excited. When we draft a WR 1st round I will be the happiest man on earth and will be more excited then ever before.
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:58 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but Rex Ryan could be the guy to not take any of his ****. If we somehow did get him and he started pulling **** I think RR would just sit him haha
Old 03-05-2009, 01:58 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Rex Ryan = Angry, Straight-Forward Fat Guy
Old 03-05-2009, 05:08 AM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Yeah but Rex Ryan could be the guy to not take any of his ****. If we somehow did get him and he started pulling **** I think RR would just sit him haha
Ooo no not that Rex cant control him just the fact Mangini would never let him on our team. I dont want him near our young team that is starting to get great chemistry.

Last edited by GET LOOSE : 03-05-2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:39 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

yeah true, but i did get excited when I first thought about it.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:46 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care how much how tough Rex Ryan is, TO would be terrible for any young qb.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I don't care how much how tough Rex Ryan is, TO would be terrible for any young qb.
Agreed, I don't want TO and his team wrecking ways anywhere near the New York Jets. And with the New York media the way it is, he'd wreck the team twice as fast as he did the Cowboys or the Eagles.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah agreed I'm thinking TO is a big mistake for us at this point. Wouldn't mind a cheap vet wideout to take some pressure off whoever we hopefully draft, but at this point I want #29 extended.

I wonder if straight shooting Rex Ryan has something up his sleeve this offseason. He's been so seemingly open it sets him up to be straight up on almost everything except one big thing and pull a major floozy on everyone. I'm curious to see if that's actually what he's doing, and if it is what he's going to pull. It's just such a perfect setup for something like that I can't help but be a little skeptical and wonder if there's something that's going to catch everyone off guard.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Yeah agreed I'm thinking TO is a big mistake for us at this point. Wouldn't mind a cheap vet wideout to take some pressure off whoever we hopefully draft, but at this point I want #29 extended.

I wonder if straight shooting Rex Ryan has something up his sleeve this offseason. He's been so seemingly open it sets him up to be straight up on almost everything except one big thing and pull a major floozy on everyone. I'm curious to see if that's actually what he's doing, and if it is what he's going to pull. It's just such a perfect setup for something like that I can't help but be a little skeptical and wonder if there's something that's going to catch everyone off guard.
It's possible, but I wouldn't get your hopes up in case there's a big letdown.

In any case, the Jets were one of many teams to declare their disinterest in TO.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
It's possible, but I wouldn't get your hopes up in case there's a big letdown.

In any case, the Jets were one of many teams to declare their disinterest in TO.
Letdown for what? Extending LW?

Don't know if it came across that I wanted TO because I absolutely don't...the something up Ryan's sleeve was completely general. I just think the straight shooting makes it easy to pull something over in one or two of those situations. We'll see what happens, just a thought.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

I swear if we even dabble the name TO in our front office, I will flip out. While he maybe probably be one of the greatest WR's of all time, he is a virus. When I say the word virus I mean that strongly because he is the prime source of destroying a locker. The guy acts younger then my sperm. I truly hope we don't. Much rather draft a guy who is young and brand new then even bother worrying about TO. We prob wont go after him but if we, ill flip out.

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We better not touch TO. I'm glad it has been made public that we aren't interested....hopefully they stand by that.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
We better not touch TO. I'm glad it has been made public that we aren't interested....hopefully they stand by that.
amen to that
Old 03-06-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Looking at the deal Olshansky got, that doesn't seem all too bad IMO. Of course, we didn't even look at him. I'd think that he'd fit our mentality and he's a good team-first guy, so that'd kind of lead me to believe we're fairly confident in our DEs. I could still see us drafting one, but I'd kind of feel as though Tyson Jackson is out of the running.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

Yea I wanted to get Olshansky hes very good against the run. But I never had a problem with Coleman hes been productive and is a pretty smart player as well. Wish we would have kept Mosely I really liked him. I think he would be a good DE in the 3-4. Hope he does good with the Browns
Old 03-06-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Damn I didn't see that we lost Mosley. He was great depth.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
MyLostintention
Pro Bowler

MyLostintention hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

T.O. will never wear green you're all wasting your breath. Now lets talk a little more realistic, Losman/Garcia/Leftwich our next move?
MyLostintention is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLostintention View Post
T.O. will never wear green you're all wasting your breath. Now lets talk a little more realistic, Losman/Garcia/Leftwich our next move?
Losman - Man I hope not.

Garcia - Would cost too much.

Leftwich - If the Jets are going to give someone a second chance, why not have it be Clemens?
Old 03-07-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Losman - Man I hope not.

Garcia - Would cost too much.

Leftwich - If the Jets are going to give someone a second chance, why not have it be Clemens?
You are aware of the 3 QBs that are on the roster right?

Even if you think Clemens will be the QB, he coulden't beat out Pennington when he had the chance (not that he hasn't progressed sense). Regardless of how good he is, he better well beat out the other two QBs on the roster at this point, but that doesn't mean he is better then someone we can sign from FA. The Jets have a solid team, but at the end of the day and at this point, they don't seem to have a dependable QB on paper. They need to bring someone in, and frankly, I am a little surprised they haven't.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
You are aware of the 3 QBs that are on the roster right?

Even if you think Clemens will be the QB, he coulden't beat out Pennington when he had the chance (not that he hasn't progressed sense). Regardless of how good he is, he better well beat out the other two QBs on the roster at this point, but that doesn't mean he is better then someone we can sign from FA. The Jets have a solid team, but at the end of the day and at this point, they don't seem to have a dependable QB on paper. They need to bring someone in, and frankly, I am a little surprised they haven't.
Who is the dependable QB you are talking about? Jeff Garcia hasn't played a full 16 game season since 2002 and this past season, it wasn't because he got hurt, it was because he got benched. Plus, he's a 39 year old QB with a questionable arm. Not very dependable.

J.P. Losman is dependably bad. The Jets are better off with any of the QB's on the roster. If he's the starter this year for the Jets, you're looking at a top 5 pick and a lot of happy Bills fans.

Byron Leftwich - Has been a backup for the past two years after he got cut from Jacksonville. If the Jets are going to give him a second chance, why don't they give it Clemens instead? What dependability does he provide?

Who else is there in free agency?