Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 03-16-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Just read elsewhere that Rex is real interested in Marques Murrell, a guy I believe is currently on our practice squad, I'm assuming using him as a pass rusher. I think Mangini tried to use him as an ILB, but not sure. In any case, I think it'd make sense to put him at OLB. But ANYWAYS, I decided to look up some stuff about him and he actually put up gaudy stats (D1-AA, but still) and was actually the more touted prospect on App State of the DE tandem he created with Jason Hunter (which is a guy I liked back in the... I think '05 draft). And I guess his brother played for us back in the day so he might have a real tie to the time. Here's some info on him:

Might just be a case of Mangini using another guy improperly. Might just be that we have the next James Harrison on our hands...
Great video bud, what a dream that would be if he developed into a James Harrison.

Where did ya hear that Rex was interested in him?? Was it from a radio show or something? It's not that I doubt you at all, just this time of the year the papers need something to write and this just got me quite excited. I want to know whether to temper my expectations or not haha.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

-Josh Freeman idea is scaring me more and more. I'm just never high on raw talent. I really don't know because while this guy can be Dan Marino, I have a bigger feeling he is going to wind up like Ryan Leaf. Just something about him scares me and I want to stay away.

-Murrell video was great. I can definately see a situational player in that guy and could be good for third down at OLB. Like what I see....

-Im starting to think that we should give Ratliff a shot. I just wanna see what this kid has under his gun. Im excited to see what he is capable of.

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I had this horrible dream. We somehow traded up to the second overall pick. Everyone was pumped and for some reason I thought we were taking Curry, but anyway the selection came in and we took... Brandon Tate. We weren't at Radio City Music Hall though, we were in some library/grocery store where apparently a lot of the draft picks were. Everyone was laughing and Tate who was there stormed out crying. He was complaining about how this was going to be his legacy and everyone was going to be bashing him (the guy looked more like Ty Lawson though). Then it cut to his coach peeing on a statue (but it wasn't his coach, it was Heihachi) talking about all the rigors he put his players through at 6 am, but then he slipped and hit his head on the stairs. Then it cut to a promo for Tekken 6. And then I woke up.

...So now I'm all worried. :(
I'll try to analyze that dream just a litte. Firstly, you are g a y and you have intimacy issues. No doubt. Lastly, you clearly have an irrational fear of pineapples.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I had this horrible dream. We somehow traded up to the second overall pick. Everyone was pumped and for some reason I thought we were taking Curry, but anyway the selection came in and we took... Brandon Tate. We weren't at Radio City Music Hall though, we were in some library/grocery store where apparently a lot of the draft picks were. Everyone was laughing and Tate who was there stormed out crying. He was complaining about how this was going to be his legacy and everyone was going to be bashing him (the guy looked more like Ty Lawson though). Then it cut to his coach peeing on a statue (but it wasn't his coach, it was Heihachi) talking about all the rigors he put his players through at 6 am, but then he slipped and hit his head on the stairs. Then it cut to a promo for Tekken 6. And then I woke up.

...So now I'm all worried. :(

At least i'm not the only person who has NY Jets dreams.....half the time i don't know if they are a good sign or bad.....why does the draft have to be so far away....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
Great video bud, what a dream that would be if he developed into a James Harrison.

Where did ya hear that Rex was interested in him?? Was it from a radio show or something? It's not that I doubt you at all, just this time of the year the papers need something to write and this just got me quite excited. I want to know whether to temper my expectations or not haha.
I'd be interested to hear that as well. Murrell will definitely be an interesting guy to keep an eye on in that case, and he's only 23 which is good. Are you sure the profile and everything match up though? Based on that his last year was in '05 but he's only 23 which means he would've graduated at 19 or 20...the total sacks and the sum of the sacks in each season don't add up either. One is like in the 50's and the other is in the 30's...unless the one in the 50's is from HS and I didn't notice.

The draft is also way too far away. One thing I've noticed recently is that Freeman has supposedly been flying up draft boards recently after a great Pro Day and whatnot. So perhaps we don't even have to worry about him being on the board at 17. In that case the concern would be falling in love with him and trading up to get him. Could you imagine...? I mean I'll obviously be rooting for the guy if we draft him but I think we'd all rather not go down that path. Maybe some team...besides us...falls in love and drafts him ahead of Sanchez. Should be an interesting, albeit frightening, situation to follow as the draft nears.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure '06 was his last year and they just got the bio info off the school site and you know how a lot of school sites don't put up the Senior year for players. In any case, I got the info from some guy that has Jets Confidential which I believe is the Insider info thing for the Jets' scout.com page.

EDIT: Actually, he says it's not from scout. So I have no idea. Jets Confidential though.

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 03-16-2009 at 07:24 PM.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone see the vid of Bart Scott on the Jets' site? The dude is money. He's going to be giving us quotes all year. He talks a mile a minute. lol
Old 03-16-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone see the vid of Bart Scott on the Jets' site? The dude is money. He's going to be giving us quotes all year. He talks a mile a minute. lol
Didn't see it but I'll be sure to check it out. The quotes are great, I'm confident he fits in very well in the locker room and on the field, supposedly he's great in the community. Still really, really love the signing. He's pretty eloquent too which makes him even more fun to listen to.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Pats are close to getting Peppers!!!!
That really sucks
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. The Pats are going to be impossible to beat next year

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Agreed. The Pats are going to be impossible to beat next year
Unless we get Cutler!

...or Troy Smith. :P

One thing going in our favor maybe is that the Panthers' GM may be holding out for more from the Pats, so they might get their first rounder at least. Hopefully anyway. Beyond that, I guess we could hope for a huge contract that ties up a lot of their cap space?

EDIT: Bills might get Scheffler too. lol :(

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 03-16-2009 at 07:59 PM.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GET LOOSE View Post
Pats are close to getting Peppers!!!!
That really sucks
In D'Brickashaw we trust.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately for us, it looks like the AFC East is becoming the 2nd best division in football

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Old 03-16-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peppers v. Dbrick=Qb on his ass.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Peppers v. Dbrick=Qb on his ass.
I would have to agree with you on that

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Peppers v. Dbrick=Cutler on his ass.
Edit for hope.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Edit for hope.
Alas, as a Rutgers/Jets/Nets fan I have no hope left.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Just read elsewhere that Rex is real interested in Marques Murrell, a guy I believe is currently on our practice squad, I'm assuming using him as a pass rusher. I think Mangini tried to use him as an ILB, but not sure. In any case, I think it'd make sense to put him at OLB. But ANYWAYS, I decided to look up some stuff about him and he actually put up gaudy stats (D1-AA, but still) and was actually the more touted prospect on App State of the DE tandem he created with Jason Hunter (which is a guy I liked back in the... I think '05 draft). And I guess his brother played for us back in the day so he might have a real tie to the time. Here's some info on him
i watched this guy pretty closely during training camp and preseason last year and mangini put him at OLB and i saw some pretty good stuff from him, mostly his pass rush ability but also has good field awareness, i like him but only enough to get a couple reps a game
Old 03-16-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three articles I found. Key quotes from each

New York Jets to hold private workout with K-State QB Josh Freeman

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200...d_private.html

Quote:
As first reported in The Star-Ledger last month, the Jets are very interested in Kansas State quarterback Josh Freeman. How interested? They've scheduled a private workout with him this week, according to NFL.com.
Quote:
As I've said, I think the Jets are fully prepared to go with either Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff at quarterback, but if Freeman falls to them at 17th overall it's unlikely they'll pass him up.

New York Jets monitoring Jay Cutler situation

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2...ing_jay_c.html

Quote:
My take is that the Jets don't have enough ammo to land Cutler unless they go through a third team. The Broncos are going to want a starting-caliber type quarterback in return for Cutler and the Jets can't deliver one. A third team could but that team would likely want Cutler for themselves.

Also, I don't think the Jets want to mortgage their future for Cutler. It would likely take at least a couple of high draft picks to land him and the Jets have prided themselves on building through the draft.

Again, I think the Jets are perfectly content to go into the season with either Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff as their starter -- and are eyeing Kansas State QB Josh Freeman, among others, in the draft.

New York Jets agree to terms with Ravens DE Marques Douglas

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2...o_terms_w.html

Quote:
The Jets have agreed to terms with defensive end Marques Douglas, according to a person with knowledge of the negotiations. That person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the club hasn't announced the deal.

Details of the contract were not immediately available.

Douglas, a ninth-year pro, is the third ex-Baltimore Raven to join new Jets coach Rex Ryan, the Ravens' former defensive coordinator. Linebacker Bart Scott and safety Jim Leonhard are the others.

The Jets are still hoping to land Ravens unrestricted free agent cornerback Corey Ivy.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:12 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

the daily news says Thomas Jones wants a new pact...
Old 03-17-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

The Cutler talk is just getting louder and louder right now. At this point I don't think it's the right move for the team because I think his attitude is going to be an issue wherever he goes and he won't do much in the way of winning games. I also have no idea who/what we'd give up, but it certainly shows a commitment to winning I guess.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Apparently someone on ESPN Radio brought up the Leon rumor. Not sure if they go here or what. Jets fans are going crazy. lol

It seems pretty split though. Basically everyone against it regurgitates what's on ESPN or in NY articles, and most everyone for it talks about needing a franchise QB and how this chance doesn't come around very often... so I guess a lot of ESPN. Haha.

Personally, I'm fine either way, but one of the main reasons I side more towards the Cutler group is that I see a ton of potential busts in this year's first round (more so than usual) and it worries me that they'll have such a great potential to go astray.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Apparently someone on ESPN Radio brought up the Leon rumor. Not sure if they go here or what. Jets fans are going crazy. lol

It seems pretty split though. Basically everyone against it regurgitates what's on ESPN or in NY articles, and most everyone for it talks about needing a franchise QB and how this chance doesn't come around very often... so I guess a lot of ESPN. Haha.

Personally, I'm fine either way, but one of the main reasons I side more towards the Cutler group is that I see a ton of potential busts in this year's first round (more so than usual) and it worries me that they'll have such a great potential to go astray.
I'll be honest with you I haven't been watching any ESPN so I can't tell you what they're saying, but I just don't like Cutler as a guy to lead a team. Tremendously talented and a great player, but we've built a pretty solid locker room and I think he could really throw that off. I also question who he's going to throw to, but perhaps we get lucky and Clowney ends up being Eddie Royal-esque. I'd rather take my chances with what we've got, try to improve via the draft, and build this team. I'll support him all the way if he ends up here but...not sure it's the right call ultimately.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm not fine with Cutler. I look at Cutler as someone who is going to cost 2 1sts or more and come in and have the same kind of season Favre did last year unless the Jets do something with their receiver corps.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote