Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 11-12-2006, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

It was nice to finally see our defense bring some pressure (with the last drive an exception). Great game by Barlow too.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:34 PM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we keep brining those blitz packages our defense can be very superior.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:45 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, definetly an all around great showing, but if the giants win the bears are gonna be scary as hell next week

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:56 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128
Yeah, definetly an all around great showing, but if the giants win the bears are gonna be scary as hell next week
If the Bears win a tough one we could be in shape to get overlooked this week. We seem to always do well with inferior talent. They showed a stat that we have been in the most games decided by 8 pts or less this year, outside of the Jags game they've always been tight. Penny scares me a lot though, he really floats the ball quite a bit. Nice for Mangini to get the win over NE, the NY media would've been all over that one for years if he couldn't beat the Pats.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:20 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Old 11-12-2006, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If anyone watched the line closely today, Ferguson and Mangold are going to be excellent players for years. Mangold is a nasty and dominant center. He ate Wilfork (a top 5 nose tackle) for lunch. Absolutely dominant, and he's very quick off the ball, and excellent in pass protection.

Ferguson's finnesse style of blocking worried me a lot when we drafted him, but he showed that a counter-style of running game fits him perfectly. He's able to square up and turn defenders away from the hole. He doesn't blow anyone off the ball while run blocking, but he's excellent at making angle blocks to open up holes.

We still don't have a pass rush, but FINALLY Sutton was able to disguise blitzes that actually worked. All the shifting and moving presnap was amazing for blitz packages, and really confused the Patriots offensive line all day long. Robertson got an excellent push on running plays and really made a case for trying to keep that nose tackle spot. Rhodes is going to be a dominant safety one day.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:52 PM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone else notice that we played 4-3 today. It seemed to work out a lot better for us.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:57 PM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

Location: "Hey professor, what's another name for pirate treasure?"
getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As homerish as it sounds, I think we could make a huge playoff run if we get in. When our defense is playing well and Chad is on, we could beat anyone in the league.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you guys tell me how Brooks Bollinger compares with Brad Johnson? Brad Johnson has a little sissy arm.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:59 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

a few more notes from this spectacular win.....

- Mangold is amazing; in fact the whole O-line played amazing today
- Cotch and Coles might be as good as any 1, 2 WR combo in the league given the kind of timing patterns and catches they have to make with Chad as QB
- Vilma and Dewayne look to be becoming more familiar with the 3-4 defense
- it is becoming more and more clear that Kerry Rhodes, and Justin Miller are going to be the 2 pro bowlers that represent the Jets this season (possibly mangold, coles(doubtful), and Vilma)

^^Sig From Nvot9
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Gang Green
Pro Bowler

Gang Green hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Justin Miller in the pro bowl? Yes- but not as a Cornerback, he is such a beast on kick returns.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:10 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gang Green
Justin Miller in the pro bowl? Yes- but not as a Cornerback, he is such a beast on kick returns.
yeah obviously as a kick returner

and kerry might not make it because Reed and Lynch might both be having better seasons at safety (or have the bigger names) - but he is very well deserving

^^Sig From Nvot9
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:15 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej
Can you guys tell me how Brooks Bollinger compares with Brad Johnson? Brad Johnson has a little sissy arm.
In my mind, Bollinger compares favorably with almost every qb in the league
Old 11-12-2006, 10:16 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej
In my mind, Bollinger compares favorably with almost every qb in the league

except of course Ray Lucas and Tom Tupa

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishdog
Anyone else notice that we played 4-3 today. It seemed to work out a lot better for us.
No we didn't. We were in a 3-4 all day long, other then about two nickel packages in which they put four lineman on their hands.

Bollinger is similar to Chad Pennington with his touch passes, just obviously not nearly as good. He tries to place everything into the receivers hands, rather then throwing it to him. It's more of a mindset, but we've seen him air it out before and he's got the arm. He just doesnt use it.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:01 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128
If the Bears win a tough one we could be in shape to get overlooked this week. We seem to always do well with inferior talent. They showed a stat that we have been in the most games decided by 8 pts or less this year, outside of the Jags game they've always been tight. Penny scares me a lot though, he really floats the ball quite a bit. Nice for Mangini to get the win over NE, the NY media would've been all over that one for years if he couldn't beat the Pats.
LOOKIN GOOD!!

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:06 PM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

TheBoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I watched the game, and I have to say your Safetys were all over the field. Rhodes and Coleman were making plays left and right. Quite a dual. Very good win.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:10 AM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

Location: "Hey professor, what's another name for pirate treasure?"
getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss
I watched the game, and I have to say your Safetys were all over the field. Rhodes and Coleman were making plays left and right. Quite a dual. Very good win.
Thank you.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THE BEARS ARE GONNA EAT YOUR CHILDREN!!!

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:02 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51

THE BEARS ARE GONNA EAT YOUR CHILDREN!!!
Might have been funny if the picture worked.

I really hope we embarrass you guys and not the other way around. I don't think I have kept it a secret that I dislike the bears. Watching the game last night, I'm prettty confident that the Jets will put up a better fight then the Giants did. Giants were hurting almost unfairly that game, and I knew that Tiki and Eli were going to have to have a hell of a game for them to win.

Grossman played well, and would have been better if he had some pass pertection from his OL. I think our D is better then the D you guys played last night. I am also suprised that Tiki had 141 rushing yards. We will see.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. Well it was working when I originally posted it.

The Jets are a nice team. They aren't a very good team. Congrats on beating the Pats, but I caution against getting carried away. Your defense still isn't very good, and your offense isn't scary at all. I think the Jets will play us tough as they've played everyone tough (besides the asswhooping by the Jags) but unless they really controll the ground game and create numerous turnovers (which is always very possible with Grossman) I don't think they'll win. I still personally think the Dolphins are a better team than the Jets, despite the records, but we'll see how things turn out this Sunday.

As for embaress us, that won't happen. You may beat us, but you simply don't have the talent to go out and hand it to us. Even the Cardinals are a more talented team than the Jets.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:21 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:

The Jets are a nice team. They aren't a very good team. Congrats on beating the Pats, but I caution against getting carried away. Your defense still isn't very good, and your offense isn't scary at all. I think the Jets will play us tough as they've played everyone tough (besides the asswhooping by the Jags) but unless they really controll the ground game and create numerous turnovers (which is always very possible with Grossman) I don't think they'll win. I still personally think the Dolphins are a better team than the Jets, despite the records, but we'll see how things turn out this Sunday.

As for embaress us, that won't happen. You may beat us, but you simply don't have the talent to go out and hand it to us. Even the Cardinals are a more talented team than the Jets.
I don't see why your trying to by bringing up a team's talent. You said it yourself, tha cardinals are what, 1-8 and have supposingly have more talent then the Jets. All that matters is the score at the end of the game and nothing else.

You guys had close wins against Minnesota and Arizona while we have had close losses against the Patriots and the Colts. Personally, I think both teams are greatly benefiting from the two easiest schedules in the NFL.

I think the Jets have an as good, if not better, WR core then the Bears and I would take Pennington over Grossman. A team is only as good as the competetion they beat and looking at the best two teams the Bears have played (Seahawks - SA and Giants - most of their key players on D), I'm really not impressed. Now, I am not saying its the Bears fault for having the easiest schedule in the NFL or that injuries aren't part of the game but I am not impressed with what the Bears have accomplished at all. Thats just me.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I bring up talent because teams need a certain degree of talent to blow teams out, which is what the Jets would have to do to "embarrass" us. If the Jets win 17-14, big whoop. It would be a slight upset but not shocking considering they just beat the Pats on the road. They won't, however, beat us by 20-30 points. They can't. They haven't beaten anyone by that margin and the reason why is because they aren't very talented. They don't have the ability to take it to teams and dominate them like the Bears do. They have the ability to hang around in games and eek out wins, there's nothing wrong with that at all, like I said, the win is all that counts, but the odds of a Bears blowout versus a Jets blowout is about 10 to 1.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:51 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I bring up talent because teams need a certain degree of talent to blow teams out, which is what the Jets would have to do to "embarrass" us. If the Jets win 17-14, big whoop. It would be a slight upset but not shocking considering they just beat the Pats on the road. They won't, however, beat us by 20-30 points. They can't. They haven't beaten anyone by that margin and the reason why is because they aren't very talented. They don't have the ability to take it to teams and dominate them like the Bears do. They have the ability to hang around in games and eek out wins, there's nothing wrong with that at all, like I said, the win is all that counts, but the odds of a Bears blowout versus a Jets blowout is about 10 to 1.
It's very wishfully thinking that we will blow you guys out. I never really said more then that to emphasies this point, rather then to say I think looking at your schedule its one of the harder games your going to play if the Jets played like they did last week.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There are a lot of teams that are more talented than the Jets. But we play hard and are pretty well coached. I wouldn't be surprised if we win the game. Well that's a lie, I'd be surprised but not shocked. After the big, tough win against the Giants, if you guys overlook us based on our lack of talent we could sneak up and win the game. I expect a Bears win, don't get me wrong, but we do have a shot to win it. Who knows? Should be a pretty good game. And you're right, if we do win it will be close. If you win it could be close too. We really have only been in one blowout this year (against the Jags) both winning and losing. I can't wait till sunday.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote