Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 07-27-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
Just thought I'd mention that Vern changed his number to # 50...
Im so happy I didnt buy myself a Gholston jersey last year. I was so close but I went with Cotchery instead. Looks like I made the right decision.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a Revis last year. Now i'm trying to decide who to get this season. I want to see what Washington gets. Sanchez is the sexy pick at the moment. Maybe Harris if he bounces back.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
I got a Revis last year. Now i'm trying to decide who to get this season. I want to see what Washington gets. Sanchez is the sexy pick at the moment. Maybe Harris if he bounces back.
I'm going to get a Revis jersey IF Favre signs with the Vikings. Otherwise I'm standing pat with my 2 Vilma jersies and my Favre jersey. Also because it seems like every time I buy a jersey, the player is traded or leaves.

And jerseys are expensive. :(
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:02 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I might get myself a Keller jersey. Right now I've got a ton of Jets jerseys, but only one active Jet, Rhodes. C-Mart and Chrebet retired Jets so those I still enjoy, but I've also got Abraham, Moss, Coles, and Pennington. I'd go Revis if he wasn't so close to Rhodes in both number and position. Keller isn't an obvious stud yet but he definitely could be so I'm hoping he breaks out if I do get the jersey.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:28 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I'm going to get a Revis jersey IF Favre signs with the Vikings. Otherwise I'm standing pat with my 2 Vilma jersies and my Favre jersey. Also because it seems like every time I buy a jersey, the player is traded or leaves.

Agree 100%. I have a closet full of Jerseys from guys who are long gone. I've decided to stick with the classics that never go out of style (Curtis, Chrebet, Klecko etc).

I am also the guy that bought Marvin Jones's jersey his rookie year. Only problem was he wore 54 in his rookie year because 55 was taken. Then lo and behold 55 is available the next year and he switches...damn!!!! Still pissed about it.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw some rumors that the team is looking at the veteran WR market. Amani Toomer, Marvin Harrison, and Matt Jones were the names I saw there, and I saw the Jets pop up in a seperate Jones piece as an interested team. Certainly a low risk high reward if he signs cheap and he's certainly a nice big target for a younger QB. Could be a nice signing if he's actually got his life together, and if not he could always be cut.

Also saw a rumor that Leon is getting closer to a new deal. Doesn't sound like anything's guaranteed, but it would be nice to lock him up long-term at like $4/5 million a year which is what the beat writers seem to think it will eventually get done at if it gets done.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post

Please don't get a Revis jersey then. Get a Damien Woody one.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I saw the Jets pop up in a seperate Jones piece as an interested team. Certainly a low risk high reward if he signs cheap and he's certainly a nice big target for a younger QB. Could be a nice signing if he's actually got his life together, and if not he could always be cut.
i think its worth a shot...
Old 07-30-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get Leon in camp! 4/5 mill is fine by me. More than that i am questioning it until his offensive workload increases and he shows he can handle it.

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:07 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats rooooooooiiiiiiiiiiit
Old 08-01-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Get Leon in camp! 4/5 mill is fine by me. More than that i am questioning it until his offensive workload increases and he shows he can handle it.
So Leon's in camp, but no new contract. Seems like he's pretty unhappy about it. Hopefully he doesn't hold it against the team when it comes time to negotiate down the road if something doesn't get done. Pretty clear that 4/5 mill a year is fair right now though, so either Tanny is really really lowballing him or he thinks he's worth a ton.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 guy fight in camp! It got broken up.

2nd Fight: "DT Howard Green & FB Brock Christopher. Green throws him to ground. Gholston kicks someone"

3rd Fight: "Nevin McCaskill & DB Ahmad Carroll. Revis clowns by jumping on pile"

Damn, Jets are fired up!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 08-03-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
12 guy fight in camp! It got broken up.

2nd Fight: "DT Howard Green & FB Brock Christopher. Green throws him to ground. Gholston kicks someone"

3rd Fight: "Nevin McCaskill & DB Ahmad Carroll. Revis clowns by jumping on pile"

Damn, Jets are fired up!
Ha, so awesome. I knew there were going to be some fights with all of the jawing going on, but they got one going real quck. The two parts that amused me the most were Gholston getting involved and Revis clowning around and jumping on the pile. Surprised Scott wasn't involved in either also.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets have claimed Kevin Brock off waivers. He is a TE from Rutgers. He is a great blocker and can help us in the run game. I hope he can stick and make the team.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

The team cut Mario Urrutia to make room for Aundrae Allison, who was claimed off waivers from the Vikes. Just throwing more crap against the wall and hoping it sticks there, or so it seems. Also apparently Britt Davis is having a nice camp at WR:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200...ritt.html#more
Old 08-05-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The team cut Mario Urrutia to make room for Aundrae Allison, who was claimed off waivers from the Vikes. Just throwing more crap against the wall and hoping it sticks there, or so it seems. Also apparently Britt Davis is having a nice camp at WR:

I think you guys may have just signed a future impact player in Allison. He's talented but Childress never seemed to like him and the Vikes never had much at the QB position to help his development.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:43 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:

was rooting for Urrutia but to get cut this early only means he hadn't shown anything. I think they must believe they have an answer in camp at WR because we have seen a few veterans signed in recent days (Toomer, Hacket) that I thought we were monitoring for fall back options.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

I liked Allison.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think you guys may have just signed a future impact player in Allison. He's talented but Childress never seemed to like him and the Vikes never had much at the QB position to help his development.
Well this team could certainly use an impact player at WR, that's for sure. I know he's had his issues with consistency and work ethic, so hopefully getting cut is a wake up call and he brings it in camp and makes the team. There is obviously a dearth of talent at WR, but I wonder if this is also a sign that David Clowney is not having the camp that the team was hoping. The two are certainly somewhat similar in skill set and lack of production, maybe it's possible that Allison outplays Clowney he'll get cut. I had thought it was kind of a foregone conclusion that he'd make the team.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

two blurbs from Rotoworld:

The Jets have increased their contract offer to Leon Washington "considerably," according to the New York Daily News.

The National Football Post reports that the Jets are "gauging interest" in Thomas Jones and have placed a call to an NFC West club.

They say the reports are they raised Leon's avg salary to 4.5 million and that they think T. Jones may only get a 4th round pick in return. I'm of with the 4.5 for leon, but would hope we get better than a 4th for TJ.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

timewaster timewaster timewaster timewaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post

The National Football Post reports that the Jets are "gauging interest" in Thomas Jones and have placed a call to an NFC West club.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200...rb_thomas.html

Quote:
A rumor on nationalfootballpost.com that the Jets are shopping veteran running back Thomas Jones to an NFC West team is not true, according to a person with knowledge of the club's plans. That person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he's not authorized to speak on the matter publicly.
The Jets will be without Revis, Mangold, Jenkins and Moore on Friday night.
timewaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Jets football in like three hours!! It's been a damn long time. What are you guys looking for tonight?

I'm hoping the WR's show the ability to get open, the defense has the ability to confuse the offense and get a decent amount of pressure, and the offensive line holds up in the run game. One of the quarterbacks looking nice would be pretty sweet also.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

I want Sanchez to guarantee a victory over the mighty Rams and then run into the tunnel with a finger held high after our triumph.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time!! I'd love for one of our QBs to have a great game, and Shonn Greene show that he can be a lead runner. QB, WR and OLB will be the three positions i watch most closesly

Quote:
Old 08-14-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Well at least the defense looked pretty solid on that first possession...Pretty ugly by Hunter to start off and the offense looked out of sync. We'll see how it goes the second time around.