Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 09-06-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Honestly it's been a really weird day with some of the guys we picked up and released and the trade, I just hope everything turns out well.
Agreed. We made a lot of strange moves today. The only one that Im really happy about is Trapasso. Hodges sucks. I hope we dont stick with 4 QB's because that is pretty much a waste.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Agreed. We made a lot of strange moves today. The only one that Im really happy about is Trapasso. Hodges sucks. I hope we dont stick with 4 QB's because that is pretty much a waste.
Unfortunately Tannenbaum just said the team is going to keep 4 quarterbacks. Guess it has to be taken with a grain of salt, but seems like that's what's going to happen. Maybe they try to sneak somebody onto IR.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Unfortunately Tannenbaum just said the team is going to keep 4 quarterbacks. Guess it has to be taken with a grain of salt, but seems like that's what's going to happen. Maybe they try to sneak somebody onto IR.
Why would the Jets need four quarterbacks? Is he going to host gameday parties or something? Sanchez looks like he's going to be a good one, even early on and Clemens is a decent backup.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:21 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's just trying to not put them in a disadvantageous position. I think they have every intention of trading one of them, but obviously if you say you are people will be less willing to give fair market value. Or at least I hope that's the case.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Why would the Jets need four quarterbacks? Is he going to host gameday parties or something? Sanchez looks like he's going to be a good one, even early on and Clemens is a decent backup.
Apparently the deal is that they're going to try and develop them and flip somebody out for a pick before the 2010 draft. Matt Schaub effect or something...we'll see how it goes. Don't think we're going to get much for any of them unless they get play time this year (and they'd better not) or they dominate preseason in coming years...but that means nothing for them this coming offseason. It's really a weird move, hopefully O'Connell turns into something and this isn't just a bonehead move.

We also cut Trapasso and signed ANOTHER punter, Steve Weatherford. Hopefully this ends the merry go round at punter.

Finally, Kerry Rhodes is tweeting all over the place about a big move to be announced tomorrow...so we'll see. Cimini says we're exploring multiple player acquisition possibilities but Brandon Marshall is not one of them. I hope Braylon Edwards isn't one of them either unless we get a real bargain basement price, he just doesn't seem committed to football. The one thing I know I'd be down for, and it's not an acquisition, is a Leon Washington extension. I think he's an important cog in this offense long-term.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Kerry Rhodes tweet is regarding Leon

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
I hope the Kerry Rhodes tweet is regarding Leon
Me too. That or we traded for Calvin Johnson.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview09/team?team=nyj

Bulletin board!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ls-to-deliver/
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Looks like we extended DeVito! My favorite move in the last few days, he's a try hard guy and an ideal backup, definitely can fill in well as a starter and I think that he may get some significant play time as the year rolls on. Seems like the franchise has high hopes for him and hopefully he can match those.

Also we got to sign Woodhead to the PS which is cool, would be nice for him to get some roster time as the season goes on.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

So who's amped up about the game? Unfortunately I get the Broncos game instead over here, but I should be able to catch it online.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
So who's amped up about the game? Unfortunately I get the Broncos game instead over here, but I should be able to catch it online.
I'm absolutely amped. I've got the Eagles here so I'm hoping to catch something online or hit up a sports bar in the area. Should be a pretty good game, or at least I hope it will be.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Not a bad way to start the year!!!
Old 09-13-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was very impressed with this team today.
The D was absolutely relentless and Sanchez looked incredible

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah
Old 09-13-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

Matt Lyon of the ESPN Stats & Information squad charted every play from the New York Jets' 24-7 victory over the Houston Texans and came up with some interesting nuggets about Mark Sanchez's NFL debut.

How composed was Sanchez? To look at his third-down numbers, you would think he was Joe Montana.

On third downs, Sanchez completed 12 of 15 passes for 191 yards, a touchdown and a 141.0 passer rating.

On every other down, he was a combined 6 of 16 for 81 yards, one interception and a 28.4 passer rating

Here's another eye-opener: When Sanchez faced five or more defensive backs, he completed 10 of 14 passes for 134 yards and a touchdown.

Sanchez was unsuccessful when trying to throw to the left side of the field. He was 6 of 16 for 90 yards and threw his interception outside the numbers. When Sanchez went over the middle or to his right, he completed 12 of 15 passes for 182 yards and his touchdown to Chansi Stuckey.
That stat is amazing. Since most of his passing yards came on third down too, I'm guessing the Jets ran the ball on those downs most of the time? As for the not being able to be as effective on the left side of the field, that's just being a right-handed rookie QB. It's just generally harder to make throws to that side. He'll get it in time.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing game today. Our defense is full of awsomeness. Im ready to argue that Revis is the best corner in the league. He absolutely shut down Andre Johnson. I know it's only 1 game but we might be better than everyone thinks.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Amazing game today. Our defense is full of awsomeness. Im ready to argue that Revis is the best corner in the league. He absolutely shut down Andre Johnson. I know it's only 1 game but we might be better than everyone thinks.
I got into an argument during the offseason when I said that Revis was arguably the best corner in the league and everybody else thought it was Scrabble.

My folks had a nice laugh today at the idea of me getting a Sanchez jersey given how opposed i was to the Jets drafting him. But no matter what, the next Jets jersey I get will have the name Revis on the back.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
I got into an argument during the offseason when I said that Revis was arguably the best corner in the league and everybody else thought it was Scrabble.

My folks had a nice laugh today at the idea of me getting a Sanchez jersey given how opposed i was to the Jets drafting him. But no matter what, the next Jets jersey I get will have the name Revis on the back.
Same here. When we drafted Sanchez I walked around miserable for 2 weeks and now Im saying that I love him so Im taking a lot of heat over here but its all good.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:

You're getting/have a Sanchez jersey? I guess I'll enjoy this while we have him... :(

EDIT: Oh. I misread that. Still sad though. We should all get Toon jerseys, make a blog site, and PROSPER!

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 09-14-2009 at 01:17 AM.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:14 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

So not sure how their game turns out but I assume that the Pats will rape the Bills... but, they're going to have a short week, that O-Line looks kind of sketchy, the game's going to be at home and the young players usually play better at home, and of course it's a big rival. I'm not saying anything, but I'm just sayin'.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:46 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
That stat is amazing. Since most of his passing yards came on third down too, I'm guessing the Jets ran the ball on those downs most of the time? As for the not being able to be as effective on the left side of the field, that's just being a right-handed rookie QB. It's just generally harder to make throws to that side. He'll get it in time.
I can't decide what I am more impressed with, Sanchez or the 'D'.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:52 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texans fan here just wanting to congratulate you folks on having a ******* fantastic defense. Harris is a stud, Scott was a great pickup, Jenkins is a monster, and Revis did a very good job silencing one of the best WRs in the league (although, I think the constant great pass rush had more to do with that then Revis - not saying that Revis isnt great though)

On Sanchez, Id like to think that hes the real deal. He looked tremendous. But with the Texans D you never know. The constant 3rd down conversions made this one of the more frustrating games Ive ever watched. Hopefully Sanchez is just the golden boy, and we dont still suck.

Anyway, point is, congrats on the win and the apparent good team. Rex Ryan is the man.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:28 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Texans fan here just wanting to congratulate you folks on having a ******* fantastic defense. Harris is a stud, Scott was a great pickup, Jenkins is a monster, and Revis did a very good job silencing one of the best WRs in the league (although, I think the constant great pass rush had more to do with that then Revis - not saying that Revis isnt great though)

On Sanchez, Id like to think that hes the real deal. He looked tremendous. But with the Texans D you never know. The constant 3rd down conversions made this one of the more frustrating games Ive ever watched. Hopefully Sanchez is just the golden boy, and we dont still suck.

Anyway, point is, congrats on the win and the apparent good team. Rex Ryan is the man.
Thanks for the Congrats. I don't think your team is that far away so keep your chin up.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Sanchez is the real deal. Congrats on your win! :D

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote