Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 10-14-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I totally agree with this sentiment. Not even his arm strength persay, but more his experience to this point. When has he played in the cold, or bad weather? He did alright in the one rainy game this year, but that's a question that I have about him that could be a big, big issue down the road both this season and in the future when games are important.
I agree about the unknown here. The guy never played in the rain before this year let alone snow and ice. So this does bear watching.

Some experts dont think it will be a problem because he has 'big hands'. As for his arm strength I have seen it described anywhere from average to superior so who knows.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
I agree about the unknown here. The guy never played in the rain before this year let alone snow and ice. So this does bear watching.

Some experts dont think it will be a problem because he has 'big hands'. As for his arm strength I have seen it described anywhere from average to superior so who knows.
Yeah I saw the "big hands" thing too, though I had forgotten about it so that's definitely something to remember. At the same time, even playing in the cold everything gets a lot tighter so it's harder to throw and it's obviously difficult to throw the ball in the wind if you don't have much experience doing that.

With the arm, I think he's definitely more than good enough. Can you name 10, 15 starting QB's in the NFL that have better arms than Sanchez? Probably, so I think he's average for an NFL starter though he obviously has a very good arm. Being behind guys like Flacco, Big Ben, Palmer, Russell, Favre, etc. is nothing to be ashamed of. Just have to hope that his moxie, leadership, work ethic, and accuracy can be more than enough to put him over the top after a few years here.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:08 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
With the arm, I think he's definitely more than good enough. Can you name 10, 15 starting QB's in the NFL that have better arms than Sanchez? Probably, so I think he's average for an NFL starter though he obviously has a very good arm. Being behind guys like Flacco, Big Ben, Palmer, Russell, Favre, etc. is nothing to be ashamed of.
I agree with you, he is not in the upper echelon but I tend to think he is better than average. But arm strength is such a arbitrary thing. I remember when the Jets drafted Clemens, I hadn't seen him much and went online looking for information on him and saw his arm strength compared to everyone from Chad Pennigton to Brett Favre.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danny Woodhead may be making a position change from RB to WR. His number on the site is now 83 and he's listed as a WR.

I always liked him at RB and think he is an interesting potential third down back if Washington leaves this offseason. That said, with his slight frame playing in space could certainly help him from a longevity standpoint if he is able to make the switch effectively, he could be a dangerous slot guy.

Tough to get the ball to somebody his height which I think is more of a benefit at RB since he can hide behind the OL, but with his quickness and change of direction ability this could be a good way to see how effective he is out there playing in space a little more. That said, I wonder why now? You'd think that's something they'd try in minicamp or something and see how it goes from there. Interesting that they do this midseason.

Hope it works out well for him, I'd love to see him make the 53 man roster and have a bit of an impact on the team, definitely somebody I'll always root for.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-j...hez-highlights

2:33

he looks to the right, sees it's not there, pump fakes to freeze the safety, then delivers the pass to Braylon on the sideline. veteran move from a rookie qb. very impressive.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pass to clowney was right on the money as well.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

My only problem with sanchez is that he still has the same tendency to neglect ball security when he scrambles that he did in college. simple mistakes like that could end up a potential td for other team's defense.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-j...hez-highlights

2:33

he looks to the right, sees it's not there, pump fakes to freeze the safety, then delivers the pass to Braylon on the sideline. veteran move from a rookie qb. very impressive.
I still can't figure out how that wasn't a TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
My only problem with sanchez is that he still has the same tendency to neglect ball security when he scrambles that he did in college. simple mistakes like that could end up a potential td for other team's defense.
That is an issue, but an easliy correctable one.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Danny Woodhead may be making a position change from RB to WR. His number on the site is now 83 and he's listed as a WR.

I always liked him at RB and think he is an interesting potential third down back if Washington leaves this offseason. That said, with his slight frame playing in space could certainly help him from a longevity standpoint if he is able to make the switch effectively, he could be a dangerous slot guy.

Tough to get the ball to somebody his height which I think is more of a benefit at RB since he can hide behind the OL, but with his quickness and change of direction ability this could be a good way to see how effective he is out there playing in space a little more. That said, I wonder why now? You'd think that's something they'd try in minicamp or something and see how it goes from there. Interesting that they do this midseason.

Hope it works out well for him, I'd love to see him make the 53 man roster and have a bit of an impact on the team, definitely somebody I'll always root for.
I just read that Cotchery will most likely miss the game and Woodhead is expected to play the slot. Should be interesting to see how he does.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I just read that Cotchery will most likely miss the game and Woodhead is expected to play the slot. Should be interesting to see how he does.
Yeah, I dunno who is going to get knocked off the active roster to make room for Woodhead since he's a practice squad guy right now, but it should be interesting. Apparently he did a really good job playing Welker as a scout team guy and he'll have a better shot there than at tailback where he's behind 3 guys. Hey, a slot guy would be awesome so if Woodhead can fill that role that would be fantastic. Like you said, should be interesting if it does happen.

UPDATE:

Woodhead has been signed to the active roster, Howard Green was released to make room for him. Unknown whether or not he will be starting, but this is certainly a good sign for him. Very interested to see how he performs if he gets the opportunity.

Last edited by derza222 : 10-17-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

There are problems in NY. Another awful game, this one from the offense. I'm back to expecting my so so year after our hot start had me hoping playoffs.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

All I have to say is UGH!
Old 10-18-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope I never ever see a Jets QB play like that again. That was miserable.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-18-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

There's some speculation that Jenks might be out for the year. Just making a bad loss even worse.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
There's some speculation that Jenks might be out for the year. Just making a bad loss even worse.
Yea, just heard that he has ligament damage in his knee. This team is falling apart. I just hope Rex doesn't lose the team.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-18-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Predictable. Of course the Jets pull this **** on us.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Does anybody think Sanchez needs to sit for a little while? Bottomline, he has lost 2 games by himself this year. 10 interceptions already. IMO, he is not ready to start yet. Throw Clemens in there and see what he has. 1 bad game from him and Sanchez would get right back in there.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Does anybody think Sanchez needs to sit for a little while? Bottomline, he has lost 2 games by himself this year. 10 interceptions already. IMO, he is not ready to start yet. Throw Clemens in there and see what he has. 1 bad game from him and Sanchez would get right back in there.
I think if he doesn't improve this week than it is time for Clemens to start for a bit. In fact if he is struggling at half time and the Jets are in danger of losing this weeki would go to Clemens for the rest of the game. It is not the end of the world if he gets benched, lots of great QBs got benched one time or another (John Elway comes to mind) early on.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
I think if he doesn't improve this week than it is time for Clemens to start for a bit. In fact if he is struggling at half time and the Jets are in danger of losing this weeki would go to Clemens for the rest of the game. It is not the end of the world if he gets benched, lots of great QBs got benched one time or another (John Elway comes to mind) early on.
Agreed. Its not the wotsr thing in the world at all. I think he just needs to see the speed of the game from the sideline. He just seems a step or 2 behind everybody else. Oakland is a must win game and if Sanchez comes out and stinks it up again, I think he is going to have major confidence issues.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-19-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oakland is not a gimme with the way the Jets are playing. The Raiders have good runningbacks and an aggressive D-line. Losing to them would be so shameful, but it could happen.

As for benching Sanchez, I would try to avoid that at all costs. Hopefully he can get some confidence back playing against the Raiders and then against the dolphins at home. If not, then Clemens needs a shot, hopefully he can at least limit mistakes if it comes to that.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I would be against benching Sanchez at this point unless it gets to the point where he is playing this bad with frequency. He's going to make mistakes as a young QB, and the best way to improve is to play through and learn from them IMO. Playing Clemens allows you to maybe get a pick back from him if he plays well, but that's the only benefit I see.

This was going to be a transition year anyway with the new system and new QB, the hot start kind of took away from that reality for a little and got (my at least) hopes up for the playoffs. But this is still going to be a transition year where we probably won't make the playoffs, so that shouldn't be a huge surprise. I think pulling Sanchez rattles his confidence more than the mistakes will, and unless the coaching staff sees him making mistakes because of a lack of confidence he should stay in and play through them and learn for next year.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

what a big problem i think is the introduction of Braylon Edwards.

that may sound stupid but I saw many times last game where he would try to force that pass into Braylon when the pass was not there.

He probably felt too confident in braylon since the success they had last week in Miami.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
what a big problem i think is the introduction of Braylon Edwards.

that may sound stupid but I saw many times last game where he would try to force that pass into Braylon when the pass was not there.

He probably felt too confident in braylon since the success they had last week in Miami.
Yes and no. Having that confidence to just chuck it to Edwards doesn't help, but last week I don't know if he had much of a choice. Keller wasn't catching stuff nearby him although Sanchez's accuracy didn't help, and with Smith and Cotchery out it was basically BE and Clowney. I would have liked to see more passes go The Clown's way, but they were shorthanded which I think led to the forcing it into Edwards.

Hopefully Sanchez learns from his mistakes. I agree he had too much confidence in Edwards last game, but a lot of times there wasn't really much else to go to with the injuries.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jenkins is done for the year.

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote