Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 01-15-2010, 06:43 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
In other news, looks like Schottenheimer is staying around, won't even interview for the Buffalo job. While I don't love or hate the guy and he's had his share of ups and downs, it is definitely important to have continuity in the system for Sanchez, so looking at it from that perspective this is definitely good news.
I am actually glad he is staying now. This time last year I wanted him out, but this year I think it is vital to Sanchez's (and lets face it the whole team) future for him to stick around another year or two.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think Kerry Rhodes is on the trading block? If so what do you think it would take to get him. I recall him being benched this season and him struggling in the Jets scheme.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfuckingbelievable

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

wowowowowoowowowwo

Amazing game played!
Old 01-17-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Do you guys think Kerry Rhodes is on the trading block? If so what do you think it would take to get him. I recall him being benched this season and him struggling in the Jets scheme.
Rex Ryan just said he was "happy to have Rhodes on our side". Not that that really means anything.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

WOOOOOOOO.....What a game, BRING ON INDIANAPOLIS!!!
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

And once again, the Jets back into the AFC Championship game on the coattails of Kaeding's 3 missed field goals ;)

Hell Ya babbyy!!!

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Unfuckingbelievable
That pretty much says it all. I still can't believe we are in the AFC Championship game!!!!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is amazing. The defense is looking great, Shonn Greene is looking like he is going to be a great running back, and Sanchez is playing under control and limiting the mistakes. The one part of the game that worried me was in the fourth quarter when we ratcheted down the defensive intensity and allowed the Chargers to score that quick touchdown, but otherwise, I was really pleased overall.

I think there is definitley a chance of the upset based on how awesome the defense has been, but I wouldnt bet on it. Against the full might of the Colts offense, I feel like asking for our defense to completely shut them down is asking too much. That means that, to an extent, it will be necessary for Sanchez and the rest of the offense to keep up with the Colts offense which will be especially difficult given how good the colts d looked against the ravens.

Also, Kerry really looked like the safety we all grew to love a few years ago. He was flying all over the field and was playing agressive. That sack was just icing on the cake, reminding how awesome he is when motivated.

Last edited by josh07039 : 01-17-2010 at 08:41 PM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:59 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
That pretty much says it all. I still can't believe we are in the AFC Championship game!!!!
We certainly had luck (and Norv Turner) on our side today. Maybe the worm is turning after all of these years! This is only the 3rd time in the last 28 years that we have gotten this far. Gere's hoping they get past the Colts!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything is possible at this point. While Peyton scares me, I have faith in our run game to keep him off the field. He's definitely going to put up more than 14 points so our offense needs to be productive for 4 quarters. I would really like to see something out of Thomas Jones to go along with Shonn Greene. When theyre both on their game, they really wear down defenses.

Last edited by TimD : 01-18-2010 at 10:27 AM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With what we've seen of Shonn Greene, what is your confidence level that Thomas Jones is back next season? Greene is making his claim.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive been calling TJ leaving in the offseason since the beginning of the seasons and none of my friends believe it. but with that said i think he can still contribute for the next game or two. shonn greene and leon will be electric next year. and danny woodhead of course haha saw him make a key block or two yesterday.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy for all of the Jets fans that visit these boards. This certainly is an exciting run, and it's been a long time since we've had something like this. I think that the people that we have on here as Jets fans handle themselves in a respectable way, which is good to see when you have a coach that many people can find over-the-top, and a rookie QB who has the Hollywood persona.

Let's keep things rolling, hopefully to the Superbowl, and not be those fans that come off as asses during their winning streak. So far so good. Congrats to all of you (us).

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Kerry Rhodes today, pretty wild. Didn't want to bug him at the time, but I really wish I'd said something now.

Also, amazing game. I love this team, how they're built and the style of play. Shonn Greene is also an animal, the way he punishes defenders and finishes runs is just awesome. Hopefully the run continues!!
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
First time Jets poster here because in the AFC, this is my true "sleeper" team. Outside of Jets fans, nobody thinks you're going to win, but before this crazy NFL season with every team going pass happy, defense and running the football has always been the formula to going deep in the playoffs. We will know if that formula still holds true, or if the NFL has completely evolved. I'll be rooting for you guys from Vegas!

Oh yeah, btw, anyone who has ever had B. Edwards on their fantasy football team knows how he rips your heart out. Still, I'm hoping he can reel some big catches in.
First off, congrats to all Jets fans!!! Second of all, I can tell you I was literally one of the only guys screaming off my lungs off for the Jets in Vegas - incredible how many Chargers fans there are. Third, I KNEW they could do it - THANK YOU JETS!!!

As an outsider who hasn't followed many Jets games, I was impressed by the offensive line play - they dominated all game. Any insight into those players is apprciated. I noticed that whoever had to face Mangold got no penetration and he was laying the wood on linebackers. Every run play, the entire line gets a 2-3 yard push and not to take anything away from either RB, but you can literally plug anyone back there with some of the holes the OL was creating. It was a matter of time before Green was going to rip that TD run off.

Defensive line play looked amazing against the run, but SD is a bad running team so it's hard for me to gauge how good they really are. The Jets going all the way will shock the world, but I believe. This team is built a lot like the Patriots that won their first SB. Oh, by the way, you guys need to get WR.

Go Jets!!!

Last edited by mellojello : 01-19-2010 at 12:26 AM.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

i think it goes without saying that our oline has been dominant. lets hope the unit can keep up their play for another 2 games.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:38 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
i think it goes without saying that our oline has been dominant. lets hope the unit can keep up their play for another 2 games.
I gotta be honest, I am 37 years old and following the Jets since the early
80s and this is the kind of team I always wanted. Dominant D, great running game and strong O-line. I am normally a glass 1/2 empty guy, but I can honestly say this is our best team since 1982, and I think we can do it....
Old 01-19-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
I gotta be honest, I am 37 years old and following the Jets since the early
80s and this is the kind of team I always wanted. Dominant D, great running game and strong O-line. I am normally a glass 1/2 empty guy, but I can honestly say this is our best team since 1982, and I think we can do it....
Mine too dude. Always looking for a running team and defense. To get the best in the NFL in both? Unbelievable. Couldn't have asked for anything more. Exactly the team I want and love to cheer for. Far cry from last year's team with the pass-attack Favre.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jahvid the Jet to the Jets? That could be good, really good...
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's scary for me to think how much better you guys would be on defense with Kris Jenkins, unbelievable you've kept up this level of play without a guy like him because he's a difference maker and plays the most important position in a 3-4.

That in itself deserves alot of kudos for, most defenses would fall off considerably after that kind of loss, you guys could of been at a completely higher level if he was still around though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It's scary for me to think how much better you guys would be on defense with Kris Jenkins, unbelievable you've kept up this level of play without a guy like him because he's a difference maker and plays the most important position in a 3-4.

That in itself deserves alot of kudos for, most defenses would fall off considerably after that kind of loss, you guys could of been at a completely higher level if he was still around though.
Apparently the defensive front really came together after the Jenkins injury and said they wouldn't be a liability and they've played well since. Still,, it's tough not to think about where this team would be right now if Jenks and Leon Washington were healthy.

In more entertaining news, Bloomberg has temporarily renamed Manhattan "Revis Island". True story.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
MattyFos
Rookie

MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!

From Browns Town. lol

Shout out to kalbears13. Best DC sig'er EVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronCropper View Post
I've seen my fair share of nasty porn in my days, things that are much worse than Rex Ryan's videos, but something about knowing that Rex is behind the camera makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.
MattyFos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

noooooooooooooo
Old 01-25-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously a disapointing end to an amazing season. I know I have been hard on him all year but Mark Sanchez has really showed us his potential this postseason. If we have a good offseason, we should be legit SuperBowl contenders come next year. It's a great time to be a Jets fan.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote