Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 02-01-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
It looks like Rex has been tampering with Nnamdi Asomugha. Asomugha says he want to be a Jet. Imagine Revis and Asomugha in the same defenive backfield.

It does look like this may be getting serious.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-for-rex-ryan/
Damn. Asomugha is stupid for saying that. If we lose draft picks that's going to screw us over for a few years.

But anyway, I think we'll give Mangold a nice new contract. The people we didn't give new contracts to completely made sense.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asomugha really screwed us on that one. Hes got to keep his mouth shut.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Asomugha really screwed us on that one. Hes got to keep his mouth shut.
He could easily smooth it over by saying he misspoke and that he talked to Revis, who in turn talked to Rex about bringing him over.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

timewaster timewaster timewaster timewaster

Aso said it was all in jest.

Quote:
Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha said he was joking about playing for the Jets. But if he wondered what it would be like to deal with East Coast media, consider that door officially slammed shut.

Asomugha told The Chronicle today “the story is totally overblown” about him saying he wants to play for the Jets with Darrelle Revis.

Asomugha said this was a two-way joke that took on a life of its own in an ESPN story of it.

“The only thing we were ‘dead serious’ about was the fact that it would be fun to one day play on the same team,” Asomugha said by email. “That’s all. We were two guys enjoying the Pro Bowl and completely clowning around during the week. We were playfully recruiting each other; I was talking about getting him to Oakland and vice versa.”

Asomugha said he has no intentions of leaving Oakland. Fact is, he couldn’t anyways. He signed a record-setting three-year contract last year.
http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/02/0...ng-about-jets/
Check out the approval rating for Mike T

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/02/0...ke-tannenbaum/
timewaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewaster View Post
Check out the approval rating for Mike T

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/02/0...ke-tannenbaum/
Im not suprised that his approval rating is that high. He has done a great job. He has ripped off Cleveland twice in less than a year and has made some nice signings in Leonhard and Scott.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aso is a good man.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

timewaster timewaster timewaster timewaster

It sure was tuff watching the game tonight. Really thought we could go all the way. I know for a fact the 2009 Jets could beat any team. Just not all the time...... does that make sense?

Cant wait for April.
timewaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Herm said we're the team to beat next season. That's kind of crazy. He also said we need another receiver. I like that idea.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:30 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Do you guys visit any other Jets forums? I need more, but I haven't really found a good place to go. I kind of checked out this ganggreen site that looked promising.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Herm said we're the team to beat next season. That's kind of crazy. He also said we need another receiver. I like that idea.
I like the idea of another receiver too, but with the free agent restrictions on the Jets, how? :(

There are so many ways the Jets can go come draft time and scant few picks.

Quote:
Do you guys visit any other Jets forums? I need more, but I haven't really found a good place to go. I kind of checked out this ganggreen site that looked promising.
No. I used to post at TGG for a while, but left before long. I find the Jets fans here to be on average quite a bit more civil and intelligent. :)
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:50 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I like the idea of another receiver too, but with the free agent restrictions on the Jets, how? :(

There are so many ways the Jets can go come draft time and scant few picks.
Yeah, I don't really know. I would say a trade, but we honestly don't have enough depth at any position to do that. Haha. But really, just looking at the way these mock drafts are going, there's honestly a ton of great talent dropping into the second, maybe even the third round. So, if the FO believes in there being as many holes/possible places of improvement as the fans, the media, and the rest of the world believes there are, then if they can swing a deal with a team in the middle of the second/third round like, say, the Giants, swapping those picks for our first, we could still get terrific value and then we'd have at least three early picks. The indication from the FO is that we're definitely addressing corner and with the FA rules as they are, if we can't make a trade, we have to do that in the draft, which could leave those two other early picks for something like WR and OL? Then the two late picks and UDFA could be used on DE, OLB, RB, and P, positions I believe that lend themselves better to finding gems late. Honestly though, it seems to me like we're going to have to do some sort of trade involving trading something of our assets for multiple players just for depth's sake, unless we're going to just wing it.

Quote:
No. I used to post at TGG for a while, but left before long. I find the Jets fans here to be on average quite a bit more civil and intelligent. :)
Ah. That's too bad. I kind of just wanted somewhere else where I could bounce ideas off of people without too much stupidity. I do still think we should start up something...

Does anyone have any bright ideas for trade scenarios? In my mind, something like Rhodes and Gholston for Osi and maybe a pick made sense with the New York tie, discontented players, depth at Safety in the draft, and the fit (more so for us than them), but I don't know how realistic that is.

Really, there aren't a lot of players I hate in this draft, so the only thing I'm really hoping we don't do is trade away current or future picks.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think trading for Osi would make much sense considering I just don't see how he fits in a 3-4. At 260, I don't think he could play DE and I don't see him playing olb and having to drop back into coverage frequently. Also, that trade you suggested doesn't make much sense for the giants because no one would want gholston. As of right now, he is negative value in a trade.

Also Crickett- Civil and Intelligent, **** you.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Ah. It didn't make too much sense to me for the Giants to take that, but I was just trying to throw that out there so people start thinking up trades and the fact that he's the only Giants player I like. I don't see any reason why he couldn't be a 3-4 OLB though, and I feel like Gholston has plenty of value as a 4-3 DE.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ah. It didn't make too much sense to me for the Giants to take that, but I was just trying to throw that out there so people start thinking up trades and the fact that he's the only Giants player I like. I don't see any reason why he couldn't be a 3-4 OLB though, and I feel like Gholston has plenty of value as a 4-3 DE.
My point was just that giving up rhodes which creates a hole in the starting lineup unless you trust eric smith to start next to leonhard for Osi, who hasn't played in a 3-4 may not be that smart a move. Also, keep in mind the reason Osi would be available would be because he is disgruntled that he is taken off the field for too many plays. Therefore, the idea of him being a situational pass rusher would be out the window. So really you are trading for an unknown quantity in the 3-4 who would demand to play ever snap.

As for Gholston, while he may be able to blossom in a 4-3, that is purely speculative at this point. No one doubt that Gholston could be successful given his physical ability, but the question will always be heart and desire. A new defense may not change that. After the few seasons he has had, even if it is in a 3-4, Gholston needs to show something on the field before he has any true trade value. I mean, look at it from another team's perspective, how do you sell giving up anything real for Gholston to your fan base?
Old 02-15-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
My point was just that giving up rhodes which creates a hole in the starting lineup unless you trust eric smith to start next to leonhard for Osi, who hasn't played in a 3-4 may not be that smart a move. Also, keep in mind the reason Osi would be available would be because he is disgruntled that he is taken off the field for too many plays. Therefore, the idea of him being a situational pass rusher would be out the window. So really you are trading for an unknown quantity in the 3-4 who would demand to play ever snap.

As for Gholston, while he may be able to blossom in a 4-3, that is purely speculative at this point. No one doubt that Gholston could be successful given his physical ability, but the question will always be heart and desire. A new defense may not change that. After the few seasons he has had, even if it is in a 3-4, Gholston needs to show something on the field before he has any true trade value. I mean, look at it from another team's perspective, how do you sell giving up anything real for Gholston to your fan base?
Yeah, the whole point of changing where the weakness was was that I feel that the draft is much deeper at Safety than OLB. And I think any time you make a trade like that you'd expect the guy to be a starter, and at any point putting a guy on a new team they're still an unknown quantity and regardless of who we put there they'll be unknown at that position. And as I said before, I really don't see him failing if he were put at that position, and I don't think he'd have to be a situational pass rusher. There's a misconception about how much OLBs in the 3-4 really have to cover. It's more about what he can do in space, and I don't think he has any problem with that as is.

As with Gholston, well, I think he could be successful in a change of scenery and a different situation. And really, I think the successful franchises don't have to "sell" anything to their fan base. Their fans should just be able to accept that they're doing the right thing. I know it's not something the Jets do, but the best FO's don't worry about a media backlash.

In any case, like I said, it really wasn't a realistic trade scenario. I was just trying to spark up some other trade scenarios from other people which... it hasn't done. Truth is though, we're probably just going to have to work miracles through the draft, and that involves more than just drafting well in the first two rounds.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

We signed Eric and Brad Smith to tenders.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:44 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Yeah, the whole point of changing where the weakness was was that I feel that the draft is much deeper at Safety than OLB. And I think any time you make a trade like that you'd expect the guy to be a starter, and at any point putting a guy on a new team they're still an unknown quantity and regardless of who we put there they'll be unknown at that position. And as I said before, I really don't see him failing if he were put at that position, and I don't think he'd have to be a situational pass rusher. There's a misconception about how much OLBs in the 3-4 really have to cover. It's more about what he can do in space, and I don't think he has any problem with that as is.

As with Gholston, well, I think he could be successful in a change of scenery and a different situation. And really, I think the successful franchises don't have to "sell" anything to their fan base. Their fans should just be able to accept that they're doing the right thing. I know it's not something the Jets do, but the best FO's don't worry about a media backlash.

In any case, like I said, it really wasn't a realistic trade scenario. I was just trying to spark up some other trade scenarios from other people which... it hasn't done. Truth is though, we're probably just going to have to work miracles through the draft, and that involves more than just drafting well in the first two rounds.
A few weeks back the NY post reported talk of a Rhodes for Osi swap straight up..I am sure it is just conjecture but it did spark some talk on the boards which is nice...
Old 02-16-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Oh. So maybe it is realistic. Haha.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting, Kiper's new mock has McCourty going to the Jets in the first. Thoughts, Josh and any other Rutgers fans? My initial thought is I really like McCourty but that seems a bit early, wondering if people feel the same way or think he'd be worth it there.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Interesting, Kiper's new mock has McCourty going to the Jets in the first. Thoughts, Josh and any other Rutgers fans? My initial thought is I really like McCourty but that seems a bit early, wondering if people feel the same way or think he'd be worth it there.
First round seems pretty early for McCourty. But who knows, after Haden there really isn't a clear cut # 2 corner in this draft. When it's all said and done, maybe McCourty slips into the first but I doubt it.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Mccourty is an interesting case. Before this year, I would've said late pick, but his senior year was unbelievable. He showed so many skills that he really didn't in the past. On the one hand he may be just starting to scratch the surface of his potential, on the other, it could have just been an aberration. Regardless, the guy is just an unbelievably hard worker who never gets tired. There was one game this year in which he set a record for how many snaps he played ( he was in almost every play on defense and special teams). He had little to no help in coverage all year and performed well. Also he is a pretty smart guy who just gets it. I would be shocked to ever hear hm dogging it or getting into trouble. I think he would fit perfectly as a number two corner across from God.

I think the first may be a little early, but that could just be because i underrate him because I am a Rutgers fan and don't realize quite what I had. It's weird that I feel like late 1st is too early, but high 2nd would be fine to me. Maybe it isn't much of a reach. Getting him in the second would be awesome though. I think it all really depends on his combine performance. If he runs like his brother did at the pro day last year, he could work his way to the late first, if he just runs decently he should be there in the second.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:18 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Here is some interesting reading for the uncapped year as it relates to the Jets from njhetscap.com..the article admints that all of the information from the NFL isn't out yet, but this is how the author sees it.

http://nyjetscap.com/2010uncapped.html
http://nyjetscap.com/2010finaleight.html
Old 02-20-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

+ Rep

Good links. Thanks for those.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah those are great reads. +rep

I think Im going to be back on here more often again with the draft approaching. Plus the rest of this semester should be less time consuming than last semester was.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

So I'm confused. Did we only have one free agent to sign and we used it on Nick Folk? Or can we sign a couple? Or does he not count?