Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 05-07-2014, 10:11 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yoooooo I'm in New York

Also saw on twitter Brandon Cooks said the Jets are pushing for him sooooo
Old 05-07-2014, 10:28 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it'd be surprising if the Jets went defense pretty much regardless of who's on the board at 18. I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

And I've flip flopped on Cooks, but at the end of the day he brings a ton of what they need at the position and on offense in general and seems to be an overall solid human being. So I'd be happy about it.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Yoooooo I'm in New York

That's awesome man!

I'd be happy with Cooks.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:45 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was across the street from Ebron and Beckham. Hopefully a sign of good things to come. They have the same haircut haha
Old 05-07-2014, 05:54 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have largely lost interest with the draft process a bit over the last few years and am now at a point where i don't really root for the team to take a specific player, instead waiting to see who they take and deciding if im happy then. However, after reading the article on Brandin Cooks on grantland, I would really like the team to take him. Sounds like a super hard worker with a good head on his shoulders.

Last edited by josh07039 : 05-07-2014 at 06:07 PM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:26 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yoooooo I'm in New York

I think he has been lobbying himself for higher pick than 18th. Social network is going to spoil a team's decision making process.

Cooks claimed that he is better than Steve Smith. That is a big red flag for me. lol.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 from the list:
Odell Beckham Jr.
Walt Powell
C.J. Fiedorowicz
Brandin Cooks
Jace Amaro
Keith McGill
Calvin Pryor
Dri Archer
Deone Bucannon
Troy Niklas

10 outside of the list:
Pierre Desir
Arthur Lynch
Cameron Fleming
Lamin Barrow
Brandon Denmark
Vinnie Sunseri
James Stone
Shaquelle Evans
Devin Street
Reese Wiggins.

1st Round Trades : 5

Keith Wenning in AFC North Divison.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:22 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My 0/20 effort -

Ten from the list: John Brown, Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Paul Richardson, Troy Niklas, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Justin Gilbert, Bradley Roby, Keith McGill, Deone Bucannon

Ten off the list: Cody Latimer, Josh Huff, Kevin Pamphile, Russell Bodine, Gabe Ikard, Michael Sam, Trent Murphy, Khari Fortt, Avery Williamson, Keith Lewis

Seven trades in the first round

Keith Wenning to the AFC East
Old 05-08-2014, 04:41 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I gathered all contests into one post.

Quote:
John Brown, Jarvis Landry, Paul Richardson, ASJ, Dexter McDougle, Deone Bucannon, Brandin Cooks, Marqise Lee, Justin Gilbert, Jimmy Garoppolo

Jimmy Ward, Ryan Shazier, Jeremiah Attaochu, Gabe Jackson, Billy Turner, A.C. Leonard, Robert Herron, Bruce Ellington, Charles Sims, Terrance West

NFC East
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
I'm in !!!

10 from the "Pre-Draft Visit List":

QB - L. Thomas
WR - Beckham, Cooks, Landry
TE - Ebron, Seferian-Jenkins, Niklas
CB - Dennard, Fuller
S - Bucannon

10 not on the list:

QB - Murray
RB - D. Thomas
WR - Huff
TE - Burton
OL - Mewhort, Urschel, Bitonio
OLB - Bradford, Shembo
CB/S - Exum

Calling four 1st round trades

Good luck! Can't wait !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
10 from the list:
Odell Beckham Jr.
Walt Powell
C.J. Fiedorowicz
Brandin Cooks
Jace Amaro
Keith McGill
Calvin Pryor
Dri Archer
Deone Bucannon
Troy Niklas

10 outside of the list:
Pierre Desir
Arthur Lynch
Cameron Fleming
Lamin Barrow
Brandon Denmark
Vinnie Sunseri
James Stone
Shaquelle Evans
Devin Street
Reese Wiggins.

1st Round Trades : 5

Keith Wenning in AFC North Divison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
My 0/20 effort -

Ten from the list: John Brown, Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Paul Richardson, Troy Niklas, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Justin Gilbert, Bradley Roby, Keith McGill, Deone Bucannon

Ten off the list: Cody Latimer, Josh Huff, Kevin Pamphile, Russell Bodine, Gabe Ikard, Michael Sam, Trent Murphy, Khari Fortt, Avery Williamson, Keith Lewis

Seven trades in the first round

Keith Wenning to the AFC East
Old 05-09-2014, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great pick jets fans, I know from what I see you guys weren't high on him but one of my favorites in this draft. I will watch your games when I can just to see him play.
And ty for taking him away from philly :)
Old 05-09-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

As great as Louisville Slugger is, won't make much sense once he's a few years into the pros. Trying to spread "Judge Dread" as Pryor's new nickname haha
Old 05-14-2014, 04:49 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Lmao ill try and spread that one to cause i love that nickname for him
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:10 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Thoughts on what kind of offensive packages we're going to see this year from Mornhinweg? As a team that wants to run the ball and after drafting Amaro to pair with Cumberland I'd expect a good chunk of 2 TE sets.

In terms of wide receivers it obviously depends who ends up on the roster but a good number of guys who have a shot to make it have experience playing or might be best suited for the slot as well. Plus Cumberland, Amaro, and Sudfeld can all play there as well. There's the potential to do a lot of interesting stuff.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:35 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Like the defense, I think they'll be "multiple". As, to me, this was very much a "Patriots" kind of draft, I think this will evolve into very much a Patriots type of offense. People will carve out niche roles, but only a couple of select stars will really be on the field the majority of the time (Decker... possibly just Decker). If they make the active roster at an offensive skill position, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a given game.

I do agree with you on the 2 TE set. And honestly, Suds is young too and has about as much potential as the other two. If he can work on his hands, he really presents the biggest mismatch of them with his size. I envision a lot of screens, the pistol, and bunch formations to try and confuse defenses.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:41 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Through OTAs so far it looks like the Jets are going to be unstoppable. Stephen Hill, having grown an inch, will reach Julio Jones levels. Decker for HOF. Geno is an airbender. Starting CBs will be Milliner, Dowling, and Patterson.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:03 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Did not realize Jermaine Cunningham was on the team. Bummer Barnes might not be ready for training camp, but if we can get a little rotation going once things matter, we might not have too bad of a pass rush. Funny how poor Rex has been at grooming a pass rushing OLB, though.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Jets camp news, Vick has been labeled a "dud" so far, and Hill has been making plays (not dropping the ball).

Anyone putting any stock in any of these reports or any others at this point?
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
According to Jets camp news, Vick has been labeled a "dud" so far, and Hill has been making plays (not dropping the ball).

Anyone putting any stock in any of these reports or any others at this point?
I don't personally. This is the 3rd year now that I've read reports claiming that Hill is doing great things in camp. Maybe it's all true, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:41 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

It's not inconceivable to think he is doing well yet it also not translating to the live practices/games. It's easy for someone as physically gifted as him to be able to do what he's doing without defenders to really worry about.

Disappointed to hear about how slowly Amaro is progressing this early on. Kind of worried he's exactly what I thought he was, which would bum me out that much more with the way they handled the draft. Cumby hopefully will make enough strides though that the unit as a whole will be dangerous. Again, it's all on Geno!
Old 06-25-2014, 01:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't like the Amaro pick at the time, not surprised he's struggling. I just don't see how it's worth it to take him at 41. Ugh.

And to be clear, I'm not "basing my opinion on one minicamp report." This has been my opinion all along, and the report won't help me change that.

He just doesn't have the traits you want, especially at 41st overall, especially for this team. His best trait is that he's large. After that, his production was obviously tremendous. But after those two things when you break down his game, he's just an underwhelming talent in terms of translating to the pro game.

It's just frustrating, especially with how high he went.

My worst fear is that even if he proves me wrong and develops into a good TE - what's his ceiling? He's not going to be a pro bowler in that offense. He's not going to catch 70 passes. It was a bad pick. Wake me up when a report or real-life game shows me otherwise.

EDIT: And you guys know I'm not a Geno apologist at all, but an Amaro bust would be super unfair to him. You have that joke of a situation and then all you get this offseason is Eric Decker and a washed up Chris Johnson who will give you as many 1-yard gains and negative runs as 4+yard runs? He's set up to fail again.

Instead of Lee, Robinson, or any other host of WRs, it's going to be a ****** offense yet again. Decker in the Super Bowl didn't even belong on the field. He's a nice player, but without at least ONE other receiving option he's going to be focused on easily.

Last edited by gpngc : 06-25-2014 at 01:58 PM.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:07 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Bahaha now we got Pryor posting pics of him and his money. Hopefully he's just our new-age Namath.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:32 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

NFL.com has the Jets drafting 6'5 360 defensive lineman LaKendrick Ross in their supplemental mock draft. Apparently he repped 225 47 times and ran a sub-5.0 40 at a recent private workout. Depth at NT is good, but with that freakish size/strength/speed combo it could be a low risk high reward move. Will be interesting to see if they pick him up.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:54 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

I hope we keep Hakim. Sounds like his speed is another level. He should be good for 2 TDs a year on returns. I don't know how they would have space unless Enunwa, Evans, and maybe even Hill go to the PS, but having him and Ford on kick duty would be nasty.

Also, the more I hear about how great Brandon Cooks is doing the angrier I get about how our actual draft went. But I'm sure Pryor will be great...
Old 07-29-2014, 11:05 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very concerned that Calvin Pryor already has a concussion. For various reasons.

I heard Decker is catching everything and Chris Johnson is flashing his speed.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:59 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I think Hakim is going to be a practice squad guy with all the depth ahead of him. But there's a lot that needs to shake out at WR. There are about 10 guys who I think would have made the roster last year as WR's, and 4-5 of them are going to get cut. Hopefully the perception is that the Jets are bad at WR and they can sneak a draft pick or two onto the practice squad.

The concussion for Pryor is definitely concerning. I'd be curious to know how serious it was - all concussions are different. As long as they're very careful with him it should be alright. When you rush guys back that's when it becomes an issue. I had a pretty severe concussion playing basketball earlier this year and it knocked me out of work for almost two months - and my job doesn't involve running around full speed and hitting 200-300 pound men who are also running full speed.

In the right role, I think Johnson could potentially thrive with the Jets. Get him in space and let him use that speed, and don't grind him away by making him a volume dependent back. Keep him fresh, spell him with Ivory and Powell. Best thing about the Johnson signing is the only spot it potentially hurts is that third special teams back isn't there since you have both primary backs from last year returning. Richardson might make a push for a roster spot too, he's not a bad player.

First year in a while that the Jets are actually going to cut a couple of decent players. Wonder if they try to IR stash some guys if they get banged up in camp.