Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 02-05-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
Vilma would be so amazing if we had a good NT.
Casey Hampton would do wonders for our squad.
so would Peyton, but i dont think thats gonna happen either.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

El$anDollah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That is where everything starts, the trenches. I was thinking Kareem Brown or Ikaika Alama-Francis. Kareem could be our NT but I dont know if he is a Mangini-Type Player. Francis is rumored to run a 4.7 40 and if he can run that at his size Iwould want him. Any thoughts?
El$anDollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039
Quote:
Quote:
:roll:
Old 02-05-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El$anDollah
That is where everything starts, the trenches. I was thinking Kareem Brown or Ikaika Alama-Francis. Kareem could be our NT but I dont know if he is a Mangini-Type Player. Francis is rumored to run a 4.7 40 and if he can run that at his size Iwould want him. Any thoughts?
I think Alama-Francis would be a nice fit with our second second or our third. Kareem I don't know as much about, but he seems a little tall and light to be a NT (I know Ted Washington is like 6'5, but he also weighs a ton and is a freak). Might be a decent DE though.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
vilma

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039
Quote:
Quote:
i dont want manning on my team...he cant win in cold weather and new york is cold
Old 02-05-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone who says they wouldnt want Peyton Manning had no idea what they are talking about.

He just threw for 250 yards and a TD in the only Super Bowl it ever rained throughout.

I love Chad but Manning is hands down the best QB in the NFL, I would rather have Peyton...(P.E.Y)

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08
Anyone who says they wouldnt want Peyton Manning had no idea what they are talking about.

He just threw for 250 yards and a TD in the only Super Bowl it ever rained throughout.

I love Chad but Manning is hands down the best QB in the NFL, I would rather have Peyton...(P.E.Y)
wow, thats a bold statement, you'd rather have Peyton than Chad. Really going out on a limb there.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
bakdafucup
Rookie

bakdafucup hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im kinda getting tired of hearing about who is and who isnt a "mangini-type" player. hes been coaching 1 year. we hardly know what his type of player really is. and if it is the same as a belicheck, who thought corey dillon was a belichick type player before he got on the team. while character means more to them than say...marvin lewis...people are putting too much stock in it.
bakdafucup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

If they Jets are willing to pay the amount of money it will take to get AS, would you, Jet fans, pull the trigger?
Old 02-06-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

YES I would pull the trigger for Sante just like the Jets did with Ty Law and if they do it it will be because Asante is worth it to Mangini and Tannenbaum (they got out of the Ty Law contract pretty quickly which shows they have outs. If they signed him they'd be sure hes worth it. Also Sante was called by Michael Irvin and Sean Salsberry the best cover corner (1 on 1) next to Bailey: look at the Indy game vs MH)

In resonse to how do we know what a "Mangini player" is
look at last years draft
-Ferguson: Smart team player: graduated with honors and early with a degree in Religious Studies (not to mention he was a ridiculous pass blocker to protect Chadd blindside)
-Mangold: Leader, powerful, confident, intelligent w/ emphasis on football IQ ^^^^ (READS Defenses)
-Clemens: Team player, hardworking (farm life expose), gritty, underratted bc of injury
-Schlegel: Reached for a guy who was a leader and smart football player who helped Ohio State Defense dominate. Also big special teams player thus a multifaceted player (sure tackler for run D: just too slow for NFL as of yet)
-E. Smith: Leader of Spartan Def. tackling machiene for a safety and special teamer as well (again multi-faceted)
-B. Smith: Definition of a team (Mangini) player and someone who can play several positions ie WR, QB, RB, Spec. Teams
-Washington: Florida States Curtis Martin (undersized though) He took a spring off to work so he could help support his family. Hardworking and dedicated to whatever he worked at. Overachiever
-Posciak: Who is going to be a great blocker and one of the reasons I dont know if the Jets will take Leonard but they still couldregardless...this guy was the definition of underrated and played a key role in helping the Badgers rebuild their program got very little credit though.
-Coleman: Undersized but overachieved at T.C.U and was considered a special teamer and a good value pick.
-Adams: Mangini wanted depth on the DL and Adams was considered a good DL for the 7th round. He had no injury problems never missed a game at Nebraska and played hard every down. Had stamina problems in camp and ultimately quit on the Jets and left camp for personal reasons (giants now I think: did he play a game?).

Anyway a Mangini player in the Draft is Smart, Versatile, Hard-Working, Overachiever who not only looks good on the field but off as well. And as for the Corey Dillion example with Belichick he was a highly-touted FA not a rookie and was worth the risk of charcter issues (which there have been none since his arrival in MA) given his known production.

This Jets franchise said its going to build from the draft. I don;t think that means Asante or FA is out but I really do believe they want to keep the team young and get a lot of rookies with veterans mixed in and in leadership roles. We don't know what the Mangini cabinet will do but I HIGHLY doubt he and Tannenbaum will draft a guy like Tank Tyler who scored lower than Vince Young (great young QB who the Jets barely spoke to due to lack of intelligence) on the Wonderlic test. Look for smart hard working rookies. NT's later in the draft like Soilai or Doughtey or FA.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
bakdafucup
Rookie

bakdafucup hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

in all fairness, most players taken on day one of the draft are team leaders.
bakdafucup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

yes but if you continue to read they were also all intelligent and hardworking. There is a method to Mangini and Tannenbaum's draft strategy (Mangini was in charge of the Pats Quality Control for Personnel: which means he mitigated character outbreaks and was THE judge of character)
There is a Mangini player and a lot of people know what it is...

North Jersey Media
Not surprisingly, Wayne Chrebet thinks he could have played for first-year coach Eric Mangini.

"I know, talking to some of the guys, it was one of the tougher camps," he said. "But all your hard work, you don't question it if you know it's going to pay off in games, in the fourth quarter. It was that same kind of mentality when [Bill] Parcells was there."

not all 1st day picks are Hard Working and I didnt say Ferguson was a leader bc hes actually timid for a 300 lb man.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:56 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Bwaha, Shaved and I are Jets GM. I can't speak for Shaved, but I'm quite open to suggestions.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

Trade # 25 pick (& maybe a late rounder) to the Bucs for their 2 2nd rounders
2a) Justin Blalock- OT
2b) Quentin Moses- OLB
2c) Tony Hunt- RB
2d) Fred Bennett- CB
3) Jay Moore- DE
4) Paul Williams- WR
5) Stanley Doughtey - NT / Manuel Ramirez- OG

6&7 ???? (trades, etc)

This is assuming the Jets do not sign any big FAs

Old 02-06-2007, 05:08 AM    (permalink
Hutch13

Quote:
2a) Justin Blalock- OT
2b) Quentin Moses- OLB
2c) Tony Hunt- RB
2d) Fred Bennett- CB
3) Jay Moore- DE
4) Paul Williams- WR

6&7 ???? (trades, etc)

I actually like this trade, but I'm not sure if it fits on value chart. I'm not enamored with the late first round this year. If Carriker is gone it might be time to bail out.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:58 AM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakdafucup
im kinda getting tired of hearing about who is and who isnt a "mangini-type" player. hes been coaching 1 year. we hardly know what his type of player really is. and if it is the same as a belicheck, who thought corey dillon was a belichick type player before he got on the team. while character means more to them than say...marvin lewis...people are putting too much stock in it.
not true at all. mangini is just like belichick, hes not gonna draft a guy if he isnt a team-player. the only exception to this rule in all the years of belichick's coaching is corey dillon. that is one fluke guy. there is no way mangini will go for a badass player. i would love to take demarcus tyler round 1, and many other guys in later rounds, but i decided that i need to give up hope becus mangini will never take them

sig by JETS5128
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:00 AM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

Quote:
2a) Justin Blalock- OT
2b) Quentin Moses- OLB
2c) Tony Hunt- RB
2d) Fred Bennett- CB
3) Jay Moore- DE
4) Paul Williams- WR

6&7 ???? (trades, etc)

blalock will be gone round 1. i dont like quentin moses (i think hes bad and i dont want a LB). i love hunt. i dont like moore either becus again i dont think he fits in as a 3-4 DE.

sig by JETS5128
Old 02-06-2007, 08:02 AM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

Quote:

obviously peyton is amazing, but i wouldnt cite his performance in the super bowl as proof of this. he had like 50 pass attempts, against a defense that has been horrible lately. plus they had the ball for 38 minutes, meaning in the 2nd half they couldnt even breath. he only had 1 TD and he had an INT. he was decent at best in the super bowl. but yah i agree he is obviously amazing

sig by JETS5128
Old 02-06-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Javes
Rookie

Javes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Scott made a new mock today and he has us taking DeMarcus Tyler in the 1st round and Damymeion Hughes and Kenny Irons in round two.
Javes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjetsguy27
Quote:
2a) Justin Blalock- OT
2b) Quentin Moses- OLB
2c) Tony Hunt- RB
2d) Fred Bennett- CB
3) Jay Moore- DE
4) Paul Williams- WR

6&7 ???? (trades, etc)

blalock will be gone round 1. i dont like quentin moses (i think hes bad and i dont want a LB). i love hunt. i dont like moore either becus again i dont think he fits in as a 3-4 DE.
Blalock is definitely not gone round one after a poor Senior Bowl, and at this point I'd rather take a guard later anyway. Third/fourth round would be nice. Not a big fan of Moses either, Hunt/Leonard is what I'd like at RB, Bennett isn't terrible, Moore isn't a great fit, Williams is probably going to bust, I'm pretty sure the NT has character issues so we'd stay away from him, Ramirez I like.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilma
i dont want manning on my team...he cant win in cold weather and new york is cold
How can you not what a 6'5, 230 pound Quarterback with a laser, rocket arm.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Bwaha, Shaved and I are Jets GM. I can't speak for Shaved, but I'm quite open to suggestions.
nice! Hopefully you have AIM so I can talk to you from there and we can decide what FAs to go after

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey guys I did a mock draft on a different forum and we have finished the first 2 rounds. Tell me how I have done so far.
1 Adam Carriker
2a. Ben Grubbs
2b. Brian Leonard

I was 2 picks away from Marshawn falling to me
Old 02-06-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishdog
Hey guys I did a mock draft on a different forum and we have finished the first 2 rounds. Tell me how I have done so far.
1 Adam Carriker
2a. Ben Grubbs
2b. Brian Leonard

very nice. Too bad for Marshawn

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishdog
1 Adam Carriker
2a. Ben Grubbs
2b. Brian Leonard

Great draft.