Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
Posts: 5,865
Reputation: 248
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default



Feel free to use, just give me credit
__________________
Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 827
Reputation: -42
throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9


Feel free to use, just give me credit
ill use it, thanks man
__________________


^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,692
Reputation: 77
jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9


Feel free to use, just give me credit
ill use it, thanks man
Damn you, beat me to it! :evil:
__________________
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,847
Reputation: 165
shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

If Peyton was a Jet haha..................

__________________

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:16 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 566
Reputation: 206
hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Justin Miller looked pretty good tonight returning. At CB I realized he can't finish, he can play well in deep coverage but he seemed too afraid of being called for PI or IC to make a play on the reciever. I think he will be a solid nickleback and can play CB#2 if someone goes down
__________________
DE, RB, RT, WR, NT, TE, ILB

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:29 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 566
Reputation: 206
hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El$anDollah
Exactly my point,hcbrad08. The jets have to many needs to look for their workhorse. Many people agree that this years RB class with the exeption of AD and Lynch is weak. I agree that are some major differences between rd 2 and 5 but because of the weak class, there isn't a landsliding difference as in previous years. Besides, would anyone want 2 young, developing RB to aid in pass protection.
If your argument is pass protection its extremely flawed...Dbrick and Mangold were rookies and mangini allowed them to pass protect pennington 16 games this year. Tony Hunt or Bush wold be more than adequate for protection and filling our RB needs the Jets dont have to wait til nect year to address things like a lot of you said last year about RT when Marcus McNeil could have been taken by the Jets but everyoine said NOOOOOO you cant take two tackles in the draft. (MARCUS MCNEIL STARTED IN THE PRO BOWL) we need to address whatever needs we cant fix in FAgency and if they dont work out then we look to the year after (you dont look to next yuears draft his year it's bad strategy bc you basically forefiet the seaon before its over and or starts.)
__________________
DE, RB, RT, WR, NT, TE, ILB

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 50 miles east of the greatest city on Earth
Posts: 244
Reputation: 10
nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08
Justin Miller looked pretty good tonight returning. At CB I realized he can't finish, he can play well in deep coverage but he seemed too afraid of being called for PI or IC to make a play on the reciever. I think he will be a solid nickleback and can play CB#2 if someone goes down
i agree that he looked great returning, and for that reason alone we have to keep him for as long as possible... also if anyone cares he won the fastest man competition too... however, i think he looked horrible in coverage. he got destroyed by boldin, and then missed an easy tackle and the NFC tied it up. all year he was bad in coverage too. maybe he can get better with coaching, but as of now he blows in coverage.
__________________


sig by JETS5128
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
Posts: 4,223
Reputation: 254382
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjetsguy27
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08
Justin Miller looked pretty good tonight returning. At CB I realized he can't finish, he can play well in deep coverage but he seemed too afraid of being called for PI or IC to make a play on the reciever. I think he will be a solid nickleback and can play CB#2 if someone goes down
i agree that he looked great returning, and for that reason alone we have to keep him for as long as possible... also if anyone cares he won the fastest man competition too... however, i think he looked horrible in coverage. he got destroyed by boldin, and then missed an easy tackle and the NFC tied it up. all year he was bad in coverage too. maybe he can get better with coaching, but as of now he blows in coverage.
physically, he has everything you want in a corner, but he just doesn't get it done.
__________________
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 566
Reputation: 206
hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Miller is a poor mans deangelo hall. Hes fast and plays physically but both are shotty in coverage (miller moreso) To be honest I think Hall is better but not by very much Miller just plays within a system that minimizes his ability to jump routes and make plays I think he can be a CB in the system even #2 if they coach him up as much as physically and mentally possible but I think he will be steimed as a nickelback and elit KR for the rest of his career.
__________________
DE, RB, RT, WR, NT, TE, ILB

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
kafb86
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

what do you guys think of this without free agency

1. adam carriker de nebraska
2a (f/ wash). justin blalock og/ot texas
2b. anthony spencer olb/de purdue
3. fred bennet cb south carolina
4. traded for barlow
5. steve smith wr usc
6. deshawn wynn rb florida
7a. traded for steve morley
7b. got for jon mcgraw, traded for sean ryan

we also owe oakland an undetermined pick for bobby hamilton
we are still owed undetermined picks from minnesota for brooks bollinger and tampa bay for doug jolley
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,520
Reputation: 434976
derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets5125
what do you guys think of this without free agency

1. adam carriker de nebraska
2a (f/ wash). justin blalock og/ot texas
2b. anthony spencer olb/de purdue
3. fred bennet cb south carolina
4. traded for barlow
5. steve smith wr usc
6. deshawn wynn rb florida
7a. traded for steve morley
7b. got for jon mcgraw, traded for sean ryan

we also owe oakland an undetermined pick for bobby hamilton
we are still owed undetermined picks from minnesota for brooks bollinger and tampa bay for doug jolley
It wouldn't be that bad, although I think some of it is unrealistic. If Carriker falls to us that's an amazing pick, but I don't see it happening. Blalock is probably a decent pick in the second but I've cooled on him since the Senior Bowl. Spencer is great but I don't know where we'd play him after extending BT, so I'm not so sure on that pick either. I also doubt he'd be available. Bennett would be a good pick as well, they've got a great track record for sending DB's to the NFL, dunno if he's available. Smith I doubt is available in the fifth but would be a nice pick there if available, Wynn in the sixth I also doubt would be there but I absolutely love the pick if he is. Not a bad job overall.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,692
Reputation: 77
jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets5125
what do you guys think of this without free agency

1. adam carriker de nebraska
2a (f/ wash). justin blalock og/ot texas
2b. anthony spencer olb/de purdue
3. fred bennet cb south carolina
4. traded for barlow
5. steve smith wr usc
6. deshawn wynn rb florida
7a. traded for steve morley
7b. got for jon mcgraw, traded for sean ryan

we also owe oakland an undetermined pick for bobby hamilton
we are still owed undetermined picks from minnesota for brooks bollinger and tampa bay for doug jolley
Sign Asante Samuel and we're golden.
__________________
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
kafb86
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets5125
what do you guys think of this without free agency

1. adam carriker de nebraska
2a (f/ wash). justin blalock og/ot texas
2b. anthony spencer olb/de purdue
3. fred bennet cb south carolina
4. traded for barlow
5. steve smith wr usc
6. deshawn wynn rb florida
7a. traded for steve morley
7b. got for jon mcgraw, traded for sean ryan

we also owe oakland an undetermined pick for bobby hamilton
we are still owed undetermined picks from minnesota for brooks bollinger and tampa bay for doug jolley
It wouldn't be that bad, although I think some of it is unrealistic. If Carriker falls to us that's an amazing pick, but I don't see it happening. Blalock is probably a decent pick in the second but I've cooled on him since the Senior Bowl. Spencer is great but I don't know where we'd play him after extending BT, so I'm not so sure on that pick either. I also doubt he'd be available. Bennett would be a good pick as well, they've got a great track record for sending DB's to the NFL, dunno if he's available. Smith I doubt is available in the fifth but would be a nice pick there if available, Wynn in the sixth I also doubt would be there but I absolutely love the pick if he is. Not a bad job overall.
i think carriker could fall to us if he doesn't have a great combine. i think blalock would be great there because he is versatile enough to play guard or tackle wihch we could use at both. spencer i think will likely be left there. bennet is probably gone by then but i was just thinking about a cb. smith, the same as bennet, but with wr. i think wynn is realistic at that spot too because of his lack of production at florida, and im not really expecting him to run well at the comine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
kafb86
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

o and to add to that last message, you said about thomas...i think if we play spencer at the opposite olb position that would be amazing, having thomas and spencer at olbs. also, that would let us move hobson inside or as a backup. also sometimes, carriker could go in as a nt and use spencer at de. i think spencer and carriker would make for two great versatile defenders.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bahamas
Posts: 3,508
Reputation: 2431
AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Welcome to the forums nyjets5125. It's good to have another Jet's fan to talk with.

Rather then hear it from someone else, your signature is way to big, you may want to cut that draft part out of it.
__________________
AlexDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
kafb86
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

thanks for the advice alexdown, i shortened it a little but i like it for now
and btw, im a die-hart michigan fan as well haha so we should probably get along well
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 147
Reputation: 10
El$anDollah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

For you,hcbrad08, to suggest that jets get a tandum of young RB is pretty far out. How are you going to develop 2 inexperienced while they get beat up by the holes left by the developing O-line. The only real FA that the jets should look into is AS and Max Starks. Look at the recent rookie RB and why the did well. They had a veteran guy to ease pressure off. There wouldnt be a lot of development if you had 2 raw, inexperienced RB running the ball. It just makes more sense to me to have a veteran RB.
El$anDollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:59 AM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,692
Reputation: 77
jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets5125
thanks for the advice alexdown, i shortened it a little but i like it for now
and btw, im a die-hart michigan fan as well haha so we should probably get along well
Read through the previous pages, not many jets fans get along.
__________________
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
donnelpa
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default Great Jets Offseason

When LaMont Jordan became a free agent for us, he had very comparable numbers to Michael Turner’s numbers this year. Plus, Curtis Martin did have a great season that year, but not even close to LaDainian Tomlinson’s MVP, record-breaking season. Also, we had Pennington in at QB for about 12 games and Quincy Carter for the other 4, and the Chargers had pro-bowler Philip Rivers. Another thing is that our offensive line that year definitely was not as solid as San Diego’s this year. We only got a 3rd round pick for Jordan that year!!! No way Michael Turner is worth a 1st round pick! Realistically, the only player I would trade our 1st to is for Casey Hampton or to move down the board. I will only take Turner if it is for our late 2nd round pick, maybe our first 2nd rounder if Schotty believes that much in him.

Honestly, we had a great season, but we do need to fill a few weaknesses in order to accomplish a super bowl winning season. I think the smartest thing to do would be to trade our 1st round pick to Tampa Bay for their 2 2nd round picks (35 and 63). Therefore, we’d have 4 2nd rd. picks or at least 3 if we decide to trade one for Turner or Jones.

Here are the needs I think for the Jets:
Power RB/ CB/ Great Pass Rushing OLB/ DE/ G/ RT

In free agency, Sign Nate Clements. As for RT, I would love to get Max Starks from Pitt for our 3rd rd. pick. I think honestly I would rather have Thomas Jones at RB. He is huge, and has agility. We really do not need a huge power RB, but just a more consistent back with more power. Washington is just used as a change of pace because he can receive out of the backfield and has so much agility to bounce around. Jones can run between tackles and be a slasher at the same time.

Draft:
#35; DeMarcus Tyler (NT/ N.C. State): Built like a fire hydrant, has seen his stock drop because of his weight gain in my opinion. He’s no longer the 4-3 type DT anymore which causes him to drop pretty substantially. The only other 3-4 teams other than us are pretty set at nt other than the cowboys who have other needs to worry about. “Tank” is our answer to clog up the middle to free Vilma once and for all.
#38; Justin Blalock (G/ Texas): Our o-line improved drastically in the pass protection due to d’brick wall but our run game was not up to par. I know it’s the fact that ferguson has to put on some weight, but adding a road runner like blalock at guard would open the holes indefinitely. Moore is fine, he is strong and is more of a compliment in between mangold and hopefully starks. Blalock will also help out d’brick wall in his lack of run power.
#57; Ray McBean (DE/ Ok.St.): HUGE upgrade from Kimo. Is very athletic for his size (6’5 290) can be an excellent 3-4 end especially with our new d-line coach. All he needs is good coaching and he’ll be a force in the 3-4 end spot. He reminds me a lot of Kevin Williams who I think would be an awesome 3-4 end.
#63; Trade for Thomas Jones or Michael Turner
*Trade Justin McCareins to Raiders for pick #65
#65; LaMarr Woodley or Dan Bazuin (OLB/ Michigan and Central Michigan): LaMarr Woodley’s stock has dropped significantly from being considered a top 15 pick to the 3rd round. I still think he will be great as a pass rushing olb in the 3-4. Bazuin is a very interesting prospect here though because he’s a mangini type player and was a sack machine (although he didn’t play against top competition). I would rather have Woodley here but Bazuin is definitely an option
#89; Rhema McKnight (WR/ Notre Dame): Mangini-type player that does nothing great but everything right. Has great size to be a 3rd or 4th possession receiver. A lot like David Patten.
#121; Desmond Bishop (ILB/ Cal): Will provide great depth at LB because Schlegal was a huge disappointment. Barton isn’t close to retiring, but he’s not young anymore and we can sub in Bishop to get him experience.
#153; Le'Ron McClain (FB/ Alabama): Great blocking FB that will most likely split time with Sean Ryan in that area. He is also an excellent receiver out of the backfield which is good because of Pennington’s weak arm.
#185; BPA

DEPTH CHART;
QB: Pennington/Clemens
RB: Jones or Turner/Washington
FB: McClain
WR1: Coles/Smith
WR2: Cotchery/McKnight
TE: Baker/Ryan
LT: Ferguson
LG: Blalock
C: Mangold
RG: Moore
RT: Starks

NT: Tyler
DE: Ellis
DE: McBean
OLB1: Thomas
MLB1: Barton
MLB2: Vilma
OLB2: Hobson ^ Competition with Woodley/Bazuin
CB1: Clements
CB2: Dyson
SS: Rhodes
FS: Coleman/Smith

I think trading down and with these transactions, the Jets would be a legit team next year and definitely a Super Bowl contender come 2008 when the rookies from this class have some experience. This off season would make our trenches incredible which is what Tangini wants. Let me know what you guys think.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
kafb86
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default Re: Great Jets Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnelpa
When LaMont Jordan became a free agent for us, he had very comparable numbers to Michael Turner’s numbers this year. Plus, Curtis Martin did have a great season that year, but not even close to LaDainian Tomlinson’s MVP, record-breaking season. Also, we had Pennington in at QB for about 12 games and Quincy Carter for the other 4, and the Chargers had pro-bowler Philip Rivers. Another thing is that our offensive line that year definitely was not as solid as San Diego’s this year. We only got a 3rd round pick for Jordan that year!!! No way Michael Turner is worth a 1st round pick! Realistically, the only player I would trade our 1st to is for Casey Hampton or to move down the board. I will only take Turner if it is for our late 2nd round pick, maybe our first 2nd rounder if Schotty believes that much in him.

Honestly, we had a great season, but we do need to fill a few weaknesses in order to accomplish a super bowl winning season. I think the smartest thing to do would be to trade our 1st round pick to Tampa Bay for their 2 2nd round picks (35 and 63). Therefore, we’d have 4 2nd rd. picks or at least 3 if we decide to trade one for Turner or Jones.

Here are the needs I think for the Jets:
Power RB/ CB/ Great Pass Rushing OLB/ DE/ G/ RT

In free agency, Sign Nate Clements. As for RT, I would love to get Max Starks from Pitt for our 3rd rd. pick. I think honestly I would rather have Thomas Jones at RB. He is huge, and has agility. We really do not need a huge power RB, but just a more consistent back with more power. Washington is just used as a change of pace because he can receive out of the backfield and has so much agility to bounce around. Jones can run between tackles and be a slasher at the same time.

Draft:
#35; DeMarcus Tyler (NT/ N.C. State): Built like a fire hydrant, has seen his stock drop because of his weight gain in my opinion. He’s no longer the 4-3 type DT anymore which causes him to drop pretty substantially. The only other 3-4 teams other than us are pretty set at nt other than the cowboys who have other needs to worry about. “Tank” is our answer to clog up the middle to free Vilma once and for all.
#38; Justin Blalock (G/ Texas): Our o-line improved drastically in the pass protection due to d’brick wall but our run game was not up to par. I know it’s the fact that ferguson has to put on some weight, but adding a road runner like blalock at guard would open the holes indefinitely. Moore is fine, he is strong and is more of a compliment in between mangold and hopefully starks. Blalock will also help out d’brick wall in his lack of run power.
#57; Ray McBean (DE/ Ok.St.): HUGE upgrade from Kimo. Is very athletic for his size (6’5 290) can be an excellent 3-4 end especially with our new d-line coach. All he needs is good coaching and he’ll be a force in the 3-4 end spot. He reminds me a lot of Kevin Williams who I think would be an awesome 3-4 end.
#63; Trade for Thomas Jones or Michael Turner
*Trade Justin McCareins to Raiders for pick #65
#65; LaMarr Woodley or Dan Bazuin (OLB/ Michigan and Central Michigan): LaMarr Woodley’s stock has dropped significantly from being considered a top 15 pick to the 3rd round. I still think he will be great as a pass rushing olb in the 3-4. Bazuin is a very interesting prospect here though because he’s a mangini type player and was a sack machine (although he didn’t play against top competition). I would rather have Woodley here but Bazuin is definitely an option
#89; Rhema McKnight (WR/ Notre Dame): Mangini-type player that does nothing great but everything right. Has great size to be a 3rd or 4th possession receiver. A lot like David Patten.
#121; Desmond Bishop (ILB/ Cal): Will provide great depth at LB because Schlegal was a huge disappointment. Barton isn’t close to retiring, but he’s not young anymore and we can sub in Bishop to get him experience.
#153; Le'Ron McClain (FB/ Alabama): Great blocking FB that will most likely split time with Sean Ryan in that area. He is also an excellent receiver out of the backfield which is good because of Pennington’s weak arm.
#185; BPA

DEPTH CHART;
QB: Pennington/Clemens
RB: Jones or Turner/Washington
FB: McClain
WR1: Coles/Smith
WR2: Cotchery/McKnight
TE: Baker/Ryan
LT: Ferguson
LG: Blalock
C: Mangold
RG: Moore
RT: Starks

NT: Tyler
DE: Ellis
DE: McBean
OLB1: Thomas
MLB1: Barton
MLB2: Vilma
OLB2: Hobson ^ Competition with Woodley/Bazuin
CB1: Clements
CB2: Dyson
SS: Rhodes
FS: Coleman/Smith

I think trading down and with these transactions, the Jets would be a legit team next year and definitely a Super Bowl contender come 2008 when the rookies from this class have some experience. This off season would make our trenches incredible which is what Tangini wants. Let me know what you guys think.
this would be amazing for the jets. however, i am not so high on mcbean and believe we can get somebody better there like maybe jay moore from nebraska. also, i think steve smith could possibly be left there and i think would be much better than mcknight. also you say coleman/smith, i think coleman is much better and smith is no competition towards him. last thing, i would rather samuel than clements, but either would be great.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 827
Reputation: -42
throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.
Default

i know this probably won't happen: But what do you think about taking a risk on LaVarr Arrington if we can get him for a little money. If Mangini can get his players to "buy into" his system the way Belichek can, then why not? I understand he's a cancer and injury-prone, but we all know his potential as a 3-4 OLB. He'd come cheaper than Adalius Thomas or Lance Briggs.
__________________


^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,692
Reputation: 77
jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

He gave us Clements because it's more probable we get him than Samuel, and Mangini can most likely be able to groom Clements to being as good as Samuel, look at Bellichek's DBs from the past (Law, Harrison, Hobbs, Samuel...etc). And I agree Coleman is so much better than Smith, I love Coleman and I met him once! :D It is indeed a great Jets offseason, but wishful thinking. I love it though.
__________________
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
kafb86
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
He gave us Clements because it's more probable we get him than Samuel, and Mangini can most likely be able to groom Clements to being as good as Samuel, look at Bellichek's DBs from the past (Law, Harrison, Hobbs, Samuel...etc). And I agree Coleman is so much better than Smith, I love Coleman and I met him once! :D It is indeed a great Jets offseason, but wishful thinking. I love it though.
i think samuel will be much easier to get because mangini coached samuel. samuel has said that he would love to play for mangini.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,692
Reputation: 77
jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets5125
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
He gave us Clements because it's more probable we get him than Samuel, and Mangini can most likely be able to groom Clements to being as good as Samuel, look at Bellichek's DBs from the past (Law, Harrison, Hobbs, Samuel...etc). And I agree Coleman is so much better than Smith, I love Coleman and I met him once! :D It is indeed a great Jets offseason, but wishful thinking. I love it though.
i think samuel will be much easier to get because mangini coached samuel. samuel has said that he would love to play for mangini.
Samuel is MUCH more expensive though.
__________________
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
kafb86
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets5125
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
He gave us Clements because it's more probable we get him than Samuel, and Mangini can most likely be able to groom Clements to being as good as Samuel, look at Bellichek's DBs from the past (Law, Harrison, Hobbs, Samuel...etc). And I agree Coleman is so much better than Smith, I love Coleman and I met him once! :D It is indeed a great Jets offseason, but wishful thinking. I love it though.
i think samuel will be much easier to get because mangini coached samuel. samuel has said that he would love to play for mangini.
Samuel is MUCH more expensive though.
i doubt that, they'll both be expensive, but check out what scott wright had to say on the nfldc homepage in ask nfldc
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.