Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 02-22-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2

I finally finished my tribute to Curtis!
wow amazing sig, and he really deserved, well done
Old 02-22-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets5125
Quote:

I finally finished my tribute to Curtis!
wow amazing sig, and he really deserved, well done
That's better!

And anyone can take this if they want

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

Actually, I have quite a few Jets sigs. If you want them, just take them and give me credit

Code:
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/220/jetsfuturemf8.gif[/img]

Code:
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3221/adrianpetersonje0.png[/img]
Very Early on

Code:
[img]http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/7362/untitled1cop1copyqn4.jpg[/img]

Code:
[img]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3558/jonathanvilmacopyxv4.gif[/img]
This is a JC of Brad Smith I did last year

Code:
[img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3295/bradsmithqi3.png[/img]

Code:
[img]http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/1114/clemensnk4.png[/img]

Code:
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1594/curtismartinft6.png[/img]

Code:
[img]http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9459/curtismartincopyfi1.png[/img]

Code:
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/23/justinmillereo9.png[/img]

Code:
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3833/untitled3ty6.gif[/img]

Code:
[img]http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/6354/kerryrhodesbh3.png[/img]
There you guys go!

Old 02-23-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
vilma

Quick question about our cap number this year since evry report has us somehwere between 20-28 milion in space. My understanding is that we are 20million under the cap and curtis martin has a cap number of 8.3 or so mil. With releasing the 2 guys we did yesterday were at 23.1million in space. Assuming we release blalock we should b betweeen 24-15million. When martin retires add 8.3 to that.

am i right?
Old 02-23-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Quote:
Originally Posted by El$anDollah
Youthfullness just reminded of something. Last year the Jets chances of making the SB was 100-1while the Giants were 15-1. This year our chances are 25-1 but the Giants are 30-1.
Giants = Most overrated franchise in the NFL
Meh, Id give that tag to the Cowboys. Redskins and Giants follow suit however, I'll give you that. Its because we have such large fan bases, the more fans you got the more homers you got = the more overrated you are. Just the nature of the beast.

You think NT must be addressed first? See the problem I have with that is there's no legitimate NTs in this draft. You can try to turn a late rounder like Solai into one, but I wouldn't cross my fingers. At that point in the draft youre just hoping that the biggest fattass available can hack it at NT.

Tyler would be a reach, and I don't know if he'll ever be the dominant type of NT you'd want in the middle. I think stealing Traylor from Miami may be a good 1 year solution so you can address the need in next year's draft.

Hobson did an admirable job at rushbacker SAM, but its asking alot for him to duplicate that. I think he should move inside and you guys draft a rushbacker. This draft is loaded with them. I like Anthony Spencer the most out of the bunch, but I think Abriamiri can hack it too.

Carriker is gonna be gone, I like Pittcock as a 3-4 DE in a later round for you guys. He's a high motor guy who gives 100%, and is an overachiever with high character. He could be a Luis Castillo type for you guys, a high motor guy who gets it done.

Offensively, Id look at 2 positions. OG and RB. Theres lots of OGs in this draft, you can nab whichever one falls in the 3rd round. RT is kinda weak, I wouldn't force the hand of nabbing an RT in this draft. Lynch is also a good value at round 1, I personally like him better than Peterson. Late round types that would be nice are Tyrone Moss, a bowling ball power runner type who can be spelled by Washington. I think that would be great value in round 5. Moss is a big time sleeper, and he'll come out of this draft like Marion Barber did for Dallas.

I also think you guys should get Petitgout from us to play RT for a couple of years. He'd be a PB caliber RT.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Gang Green
Pro Bowler

Gang Green hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
kafb86

gang green, i love the avatar and sig...i was at that game against penn state that you have as your avatar
Old 02-23-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Javes
Rookie

Javes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thanks for the sigs!
Javes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Corey Dillon anyone?

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

El$anDollah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Corey Dillon is an old fart of a RB whose on the decline. He'll likely want the starting job which he will NEVER GET AGAIN. Besides, wasn't he going to retire.
El$anDollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Gang Green
Pro Bowler

Gang Green hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
gang green, i love the avatar and sig...i was at that game against penn state that you have as your avatar
Do you go to U of M? My sister does. I have been to about 4 games.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gang Green
Quote:
Do you go to U of M? My sister does. I have been to about 4 games.
na im still in high school. but my dad went there and im a huge fan and watch every game, but believe it or not the only game ive ever went to was that amazing game. lucky me.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
Corey Dillon anyone?
i think that'll be a great signing for 2 reasons
1-our benefit, him and leon can make a great power-speed tandem, and if he does wear down due to age cedric houston can step in, and gives us a year to see if we do actually need another rb, and hopefully next years class from free agency and the draft will be better
2-patriots loss, he was a big part of their offense last year, and torched us in the playoffs
Old 02-24-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

just saw on ESPN.com that Mangini "officially" named Chad the starter for next year. I am anxious to see how Pennington comes off of an offseason that is not spent rehabing his shoulder....

^^Sig From Nvot9
Old 02-24-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to the Star Ledger a couple days ago according to Clark Harris of Rutgers the Jets told him that they were looking to improve their tight end situation, just figured I'd post that here. Interesting, I expected us to be interested in tight ends this year, I just hope we don't address it too early.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
According to the Star Ledger a couple days ago according to Clark Harris of Rutgers the Jets told him that they were looking to improve their tight end situation, just figured I'd post that here. Interesting, I expected us to be interested in tight ends this year, I just hope we don't address it too early.
Daniel Graham possibly?

Old 02-24-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

"The New York Jets also spent a lot of time with Lamarr Woodley and Kenny Irons"

From another site. I'd like Irons but idk about Woodley.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Daniel Graham possibly?
www.newyorkjets.com and look at the combine preview. It says they may make a strong run for him, excellent blocker and reciever threat.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think, as it said in the ledger, the jets should go after Harris. He is a solid receiver and has the potential to be a great blocker. Harris' 40 time is a little deceiving because of his toe injury that has limited him to about 80 to 85%.

In light of his 40 time, Olsen seems like he would be good value in the late 1st if no one else of value is available at 25.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
LE_WM_JP

2/23/07 7:23pm

Adam Schefter just reported on NFL Network that the New York Jets will be making a serious run at Adalius Thomas. Mangini wants him to be the playmaker on this defense.

He mentioned no other teams and was specifically reporting it is the Jets making the move for Thomas.

hmmm, interesting....
Old 02-24-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
kafb86

Quote:
"The New York Jets also spent a lot of time with Lamarr Woodley and Kenny Irons"

I think Woodley would be great. being a michigan fan, i watched him every saturday, and i love the way he plays. he is a ballplayer, has good character, is very inteligent, and is always around the ball. he is a 'mangini-type' player who will make an immediate impact on our defense. he may never be a pro bowler, but he will be an impact starter....however, if we could get adaliu thomas, woodley would not be a great choice, because i can either see woodley as a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE, and if we get adalius, we are more than deep at OLB, and a LB would not be a day 1 pick if adalius is acquired
Old 02-24-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:

I think Woodley would be great. being a michigan fan, i watched him every saturday, and i love the way he plays. he is a ballplayer, has good character, is very inteligent, and is always around the ball. he is a 'mangini-type' player who will make an immediate impact on our defense. he may never be a pro bowler, but he will be an impact starter....however, if we could get adaliu thomas, woodley would not be a great choice, because i can either see woodley as a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE, and if we get adalius, we are more than deep at OLB, and a LB would not be a day 1 pick if adalius is acquired
I have the same sig as you, do you mind? I'll get one of the ones above since you most likely had it first.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by faddafad

Adam Schefter just reported on NFL Network that the New York Jets will be making a serious run at Adalius Thomas. Mangini wants him to be the playmaker on this defense.

He mentioned no other teams and was specifically reporting it is the Jets making the move for Thomas.

hmmm, interesting....
Very interesting. He is aging, but he would be a stud and he would most likely be the best player on our team.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Quote:
Originally Posted by faddafad

hmmm, interesting....
Very interesting. He is aging, but he would be a stud and he would most likely be the best player on our team.
I love it.....I think we would draft a CB first round if we got him though

^^Sig From Nvot9
Old 02-24-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We are position to do great things through free agency. If we can get Adalius Thomas and maybe Daniel Graham then we can focus on NT, DE, RB, and CB. Since there are no great NTs available I think we should take a first round corner or if somehow Carriker falls then we should take a corner in 2a.