Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 09-03-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
this is my team

1. (6) Peyton Manning
2. (15) Maurice Jones-Drew
3. (26) Edgerrin James
4. (35) Andre Johnson
5. (46) Laveranues Coles
6. (55) Carnell Williams
7. (66) Denver
8. (75) Marion Barber III
9. (86) Joey Galloway
10. (95) Chris Cooley
11. (106) Leon Washington
12. (115) Randy McMichael
13. (126) Steve McNair
14. (135) Mike Nugent
15. (146) Brandon Jones
16. (155) New York
17. (166) Anthony Thomas
I think Barber could really end up being a steal for you. Low risk/high reward factor. I like that team. Cooley could be absolutely huge, you're a little thin at WR but I think that makes up for it.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I think Barber could really end up being a steal for you. Low risk/high reward factor. I like that team. Cooley could be absolutely huge, you're a little thin at WR but I think that makes up for it.
it is a 10 team league in case you were wondering... im torn between my sleeper McMichael and my big name Cooley...
Old 09-03-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read in the Star Ledger that there are rumors of the Jets being interested in Denver RB Mike Bell. That could be a nice future combo Leon and Bell... Also it said that TE Sean Ryan #88 might be on the trading block. And I think this was posted but I heard that Dyson may be on the block as well. I'm not sure if Bell and the two guys rumored to be on the block are related in any way, because Den is set at TE and CB, but I just wanted to let ya'll know what I've heard...
Old 09-03-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I read in the Star Ledger that there are rumors of the Jets being interested in Denver RB Mike Bell. That could be a nice future combo Leon and Bell... Also it said that TE Sean Ryan #88 might be on the trading block. And I think this was posted but I heard that Dyson may be on the block as well. I'm not sure if Bell and the two guys rumored to be on the block are related in any way, because Den is set at TE and CB, but I just wanted to let ya'll know what I've heard...
I'd be happy to see Ryan go, Dyson and Bell are all about the value we can get in return. I think Dyson is too underrated to get equal return value and i think the broncos might like Bell too much for us to get equal value. Although i wouldn't mind either move

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
I'd be happy to see Ryan go, Dyson and Bell are all about the value we can get in return. I think Dyson is too underrated to get equal return value and i think the broncos might like Bell too much for us to get equal value. Although i wouldn't mind either move
Ya know with the players we have now I don't want Bell, and to tell you the truth I like Ryan and Dyson.

If I was the Jets mangement (which would be bad haha :D) this is what I'd do...

-Try and trade David Barrett
-Once he's gone move Manny Collins up to the 6th corner spot
-Try and trade Tui
-Move Danny Ware up the the 3rd RB spot
-Acquire an Olineman in either a trade or FA
-Move either Pociask or Kowalewski to PS to make room for olineman
Old 09-03-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya know with the players we have now I don't want Bell, and to tell you the truth I like Ryan and Dyson.

If I was the Jets mangement (which would be bad haha :D) this is what I'd do...

-Try and trade Tui
-Move either Pociask or Kowalewski to PS to make room for olineman
Tui was cut and i really don't think Collins is any good

I think an O-lineman is in need of being acquired as well

Sig by Me

Last edited by JETS5128 : 09-03-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Tui was cut
no he wasnt
http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...evito-tes-stay
Old 09-03-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sounds good. Quite frankly, I always thought Andre Dyson was solid and for the life of me, I can't figure out why everyone is so ready to get rid of him. He doesn't exactly have a 50 million dollar contract you know.

Quote:
Do the Jets really need six corners?

Quote:
-Try and trade Tui
I can't imagine any team would want to trade for Tui. Nobody wants to give this guy a chance. Its been that way since the moment he was drafted. I mean come on, he's had two starts in seven years. Him even coming to the Jets says even more since, there was absolutely no chance he'd be anything more than a third stringer on the Jets roster. Plus Byron Leftwich is out there in free agency.

Quote:
Who?

Quote:
Agreed, agreed and agreed some more.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

we have 6 now... plus i like Collins (he's from jersey and went to rutgers :D)

i think the Pats would pick up Tui in a heartbeat if we dropped him

Danny Ware, the guy competing for the 3rd string RB spot... 180 yds in the pre season
Old 09-03-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we have 6 now... plus i like Collins (he's from jersey and went to rutgers :D)

The Jets have six corners now, but IMO, at least four of them can start (Dyson, Barrett, Miller and Revis) and the other two are good enough to at least contribute as nickle/dime (Poteat and Coleman) corners. If the Jets traded one, I don't see a reason why he should be replaced.

Quote:
i think the Pats would pick up Tui in a heartbeat if we dropped him
I don't agree, but thats JMO.

Quote:
Danny Ware, the guy competing for the 3rd string RB spot... 180 yds in the pre season
Oh...... right. That Danny Ware.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Thats why you shouldn't skim through your reading children

Sig by Me
Old 09-04-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/inde...660.xml&coll=1

Interesting article on some moves the Jets might make.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
yeah thats where i got this from... i just couldnt find the link
Old 09-04-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1) I wouldn't like to deal Dyson unless we could get a comprable starter at G, which won't happen. Revis 1 and Dyson 2 is good by me. Barrett is a bad 2 and a good 3. Miller is raw and will contribute and anything lower than 2 he's more than capable. I like Drew Coleman and Poteat as role players and situational CBs.

2) I don't think we'll trade Sean Ryan, Mangini loves running 2 TE sets he was quoted as saying that...Ryans specialty is blocking abd that will prove to be invaluable with a Smaller LT and rookie LG. I think if they are dangling him on the blockits because of the few good catches he made in preseason trying to bait a G out of a team. But IMO I dont think it will happen.

3) I think Danny Ware should and will be brought up and one TE sent down to PS (Kowalewski). I think if the Jets pick up another G before that happens Ware will remain on PS and Kowalewski will be sent to PS reps.

As you can see the biggest concern is LG. Pray Bender can pass block well enough to stop the pats from killing Pennington when they run they're2-5 Overload Blitz where they generally overload the Right side of the defense (left side of the offense) If you see two down lineman (considering Seymores out) Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork and then on the non overloaded side #96 Adalius Thomas and #59 Rosie Colvin. We might get killed. Theyd push the line or keep it at the LOS with 2 down lineman stunt Colvin and Thomas and blitz Samuel from the non overloaded side. The overload always creates more attention to that side of the field and especially considering pass blocking issue with Bender and DBricks struggle in Preseason that play might eat us alive unless NEON LEON busts out a couple of 70 yard+ screens.

Also...supplimental note on screens by washington. The best Christmas gift ever the play in Miami was initally quoted (and called perfect by joe theisman...moron) as being perfectly executed...then Chad Pennington and Mangini and David Bowens who was on the defensive side of the ball on that play were quoted as saying no not perfectly executed ALL Leon. Bowens said one second he saw the play behind the line...and then Leon was on the 6.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

i have faith that chad will help himself by audibles and quick releases next week... he won't be a sitting duck because he knows what the pats can do and how our line is weak
Old 09-05-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Pictures of the Jets Stadium. http://68.72.70.73/giants/

Pretty cool looking, not as sharp as WSS but ya know.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting article on the Jets trying to get an edge on the Pats.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Interesting article on the Jets trying to get an edge on the Pats.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
awesome.... haha i love it
Old 09-05-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any news regarding Thomas Jones and his injury??? I have Leon Washington a fantasy team and I'm interested in how many carries I can expect out of him

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Just saw an article oh Yahoo that siad jones ready for opener, didn't bother reading it though

Sig by Me
Old 09-05-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Is there any news regarding Thomas Jones and his injury??? I have Leon Washington a fantasy team and I'm interested in how many carries I can expect out of him
I have absolutely no idea, but if it were based on my assumption, I would say he'll get 10-15 carries, I smell a TD from him on Sunday. Thomas Jones is healthy and will play and start Sunday, but I think they still might take it relatively slow with him, or at least not give him a full 30-35 carry day like a usual starting RB might get.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
I have absolutely no idea, but if it were based on my assumption, I would say he'll get 10-15 carries, I smell a TD from him on Sunday. Thomas Jones is healthy and will play and start Sunday, but I think they still might take it relatively slow with him, or at least not give him a full 30-35 carry day like a usual starting RB might get.
yeah i think leon takes one in for six either on a return or long run or pass...
Old 09-07-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

any news if we picked up reche caldwell? Id drop wallace wright in a second to have him in our recieving corps/as a pillar of information on how the pats were offensively and defensively preparing for us. Other trade secrets like Randy Moss' hamstring and Tom Brady's unusually small *****....Anyway let me know...Regardless just think of the WRs
1)Coles
2)Cotchery
3)Caldwell
4)McCareins
5)Smith
6)Stuckey

all would be used the depth order doesnt matter because this way you could have great 3 rec packages whether its Coles Caldwell and Cotchery or Stuckey Caldwell Cotchery who cares it would just keep our WRs fresh and impactful and perhaps alleviate some of the beating Coles would take..prolonging his career and maybe even helping his numbers or keeping them the same without working him so hard....I dont think it would hurt...Its an upgrade at the very least over Wallace wright (who i like but hes young and less poslished). let me know your thoughts

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
any news if we picked up reche caldwell? Id drop wallace wright in a second to have him in our recieving corps/as a pillar of information on how the pats were offensively and defensively preparing for us. Other trade secrets like Randy Moss' hamstring and Tom Brady's unusually small *****....Anyway let me know...Regardless just think of the WRs
1)Coles
2)Cotchery
3)Caldwell
4)McCareins
5)Smith
6)Stuckey

all would be used the depth order doesnt matter because this way you could have great 3 rec packages whether its Coles Caldwell and Cotchery or Stuckey Caldwell Cotchery who cares it would just keep our WRs fresh and impactful and perhaps alleviate some of the beating Coles would take..prolonging his career and maybe even helping his numbers or keeping them the same without working him so hard....I dont think it would hurt...Its an upgrade at the very least over Wallace wright (who i like but hes young and less poslished). let me know your thoughts
and caldwell has the potential to be a number 2 in the future maybe even a num 1... i like wallace because he's a tough worker but caldwell is good
Old 09-07-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am a Cowboys fan on the Cowboys Board and some dopes are trying to tell me Roy Williams is a better SS than Kerry Rhodes in pass coverage.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote