Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 09-07-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
I am a Cowboys fan on the Cowboys Board and some dopes are trying to tell me Roy Williams is a better SS than Kerry Rhodes in pass coverage.
lol Williams is better at tackling, but Rhodes has him at rushing the passer, coverage, and awareness
Old 09-08-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
I am a Cowboys fan on the Cowboys Board and some dopes are trying to tell me Roy Williams is a better SS than Kerry Rhodes in pass coverage.
u did the right thing by coming to us. i will happily tell u that they are wrong and that Kerry Rhodes is the better of the two as far as pass coverage.

i personally would say better in other things as well, but that is not part of the discussion

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

so who's ready for today?

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:44 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman View Post
so who's ready for today?
i would be there but i have a hockey game the same time... my brother and my parents will be there... i think im going to record the game and then just try not to hear any scores all day so i can watch it tonight...
Old 09-09-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to improve in the trenches. Badly.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
So true, although the run D has gotten better through the course of this game.

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm honestly embarrassed, David Barrett is AWFUL.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

At least it looks like Pennington is back.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

thank god i had hockey and couldnt go to the game... i would have been so depressed
Old 09-09-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nahhhh, we need an outside linebacker, a safety and a wide receiver. I'd say draft a seventh rounder or sign some guy out of free agency like Marko Cavka and they'll be fine at OL.

*Deactivate sarcast-omatic*
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Nahhhh, we need an outside linebacker, a safety and a wide receiver. I'd say draft a seventh rounder or sign some guy out of free agency like Marko Cavka and they'll be fine at OL.

*Deactivate sarcast-omatic*
i think we're good with reciever...

biggest needs:

NT
OL
ILB
CUT DAVID BARRETT
Old 09-09-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post

biggest needs:

NT
OL
ILB
CUT DAVID BARRETT
Crickett was bein sarcastic :) .

I don't necessarily agree with NT as our biggest need, Robertson really impressed me today to be honest, I think it's our DE's that struggled. I'd say SOME FORM of run-blocking is a first round need, because we have none. DE's our next biggest need I'd say (I'm not opposed to taking an NT and moving Robertson outside, I just think that we should keep him because he did well against the run.) Honestly, other than the OL and the pass rushing, and David Barett, I didn't see too many other glaring needs. Thomas Jones did his job in the running game, he had absolutely nothing to work with, and still got like 50+ yards. Our passing game looked very smooth until Chad got hurt and Clemens came in at the end. Revis I thought, did very well, he did very good in support, he defended against the run better than any other Jet, stood his ground, and stayed with his receiver. Again, if we could just rush the QB more, getting a more solid line, we'd be OK on defense.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post

biggest needs:

All D-line
OL
OLB
CUT DAVID BARRETT
my opinion

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

yaa barrett really dissapointed me today, epsecially the one where he completely overpersued wes welker. Other than that, when you give an nfl qb as good as brady is (it really hurts me to say that) that much damn time of course he is going to find someone open and shred the defense. THe guy literally had time to stop check his qb wrist band for the play again look up and scan the field; it really was all about our lack of pass rush, the pats did a great job of picking up the blitzers. We need to either figure out a more creative way of blitzing them, or draft a stud OlB thats 6'4 275 or so that can just disrupt a qb's timing. Ie. merriman i will say i saw vilma make a few nice plays behind the line of scrimage that encouraged me. But either way, somethin is gong to have to change because we have some tough games coming up, especially next week in baltimore.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

few things about today's game:
1) D'brick had a horrible game, really really bad
2) So did David Barrett obviously
3) It was not Thomas Jones' fault that he did nothing, there were guys in the backfield all day
4) DEs and OLBs were horrendous today with pass rush and rush defense

there were a few positives:
1) Chad was really good even after the injury and we gotta hope he is ok
2) I thought Revis played really well for his first game

all in all, nobody should be shocked from today's result, and the season is not over, but the AFC east certainly is

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We need Dyson back badly as well.
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Jets we're outmatched physically and mentally....we praise our coaching and front office alot and I love it but they made a big mistake letting go of kendall over a million dollars, reason being we also try to model ourselves after the patriots and we glossed over the fact they've kept their OL together and picked huge guys so brady would be hurried ONCE the entire game (dont forget they also picked up Kyle Brady a 66 285 TE whos basically another tackle looks much bigger than Brick. They knew what they needed to beat us....STOP THE BLITZ....My mom could have QB'd the pats today and im sure Brady will have a great season not bc his recievers got better but bc he has MORE TIME than IVE EVER SEEN....I know our pass rush is bad but ONE STATISTICAL QB PRESSURE THATS GREAT PROTECTION!

We need to boost our protection bc Chad could very well do everything brady did today except lob the 50 yarder like brady did....Penny could get it from 45 though....It starts in the trenches....OL and DL We do NOT NEED ANYMORE SKILLED PLAYERS!

Also do we have 2 2nd rounders this year again?

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
stillma7ic
Rookie

stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really like the jets but what was up with cheering after pennington got injured ?
stillma7ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillma7ic View Post
i really like the jets but what was up with cheering after pennington got injured ?
I was at the game, and everyone gasped and started yelling out "Oh ****" and things like that, and when we saw Pennington walk a bit, we cheered, and then we saw Clemens come out, and then we got excited. We were getting blown out and needed anything to cheer about. It was just an ugly game.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
stillma7ic
Rookie

stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stillma7ic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea thats what i figured what happened, i think everyone is blowing it out of proportion and jets fans are getting a bad name because of this
Old 09-09-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i watched the game on tv, and it really looked like the fans were cheering when they saw Pennington get hurt and cheering when he was hobbling. i don't blame people for giving Jet fans a bad name from this, i was very ashamed just sitting in my family room watching it. Sad thing to see, especially from everything that Penny has done and the simple fact that he is a person and no one should be cheering for an injury. PAthetic, and i'm still embarresed.

U may have been cheering for that reason, but i don't think others were. gah, it just blows my mind, i can't even describe it.

on the game. Our pass rush was pathetic, so i don't put all the blame on the coverage. The run D was poor. No defensive player really stood out for me, except Revis who i thought was very solid especially for his first game.

Penny was solid, as was the pass game as a whole i thought. the run game didn't get much opportunity.
I didn't think Brick was that bad, but maybe i wasn't paying enough attention to him........

just a bad game starting from the kick return at the start of the second half

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
stillma7ic
Rookie

about d'brick, i agree he looked pretty awful. on one screen pass play he was sooooo slow to get out and block which i thought was one his strengths.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1) Brick was so inconsistent today...1 play he was down field and blocking everything in sight another play hes letting Jarvis green roll Penningtons ankle and collapsing the pocket...(I do think that also had something to do with a lack of kendall) I was a proponent of not giving into a 34 year OL with back problems demands but I think Brick needed someone solid and EXPERIENCED next to him to make up for his lack of size and experience...I think Brick will be okay and maybe even semi great in the long run but not the staple at LT everyone thought (especially if he doesnt get some help next to him at G)

2)THE 3-4? UM it doesnt work right now...essentially by forcing the 3-4 on players ill equipt to run it we are wasting our assests and with a talented team like this I think although our window isnt like the pats or ravens or an elite team we have a chance to do something...we need to run more 4-3 packages and let vilma roam a little more...I noticed when they ran away from him it was a problem bc in a 3-4 when they run away from a LB theyre supposed to close from the backside and he closed so fast on maroney and was effective that way....You would never think oh yea Vilmas their best LB run at him and that would be more effective

ALSO i know there was a lack of pressure on the RBs and QB bc the PATS OL is disgusting and it gives them so many options, but Ive always been of the mind that Tom Brady is overated simply for the fact that A) he has soooo much time bc his line is ridic [today even more than usual] B) The offensivfe schemes belichick uses basically create lanes and the WR are always wide open C)when Brady's recievers make a good play Brady is given credit for it (QB league I guess but he is overrated not by that much but palmer is def a better pure QB than brady and so is manning...another topic another forum)....but I think running a pure 4-3 today may have just trhown them off or at least helped our players out (I dunno I just want to maximize what we have as opposed to try and fit square pegs into round holes)..

The ravens are scary good too...they hada good draft big linemen (ben grubs) and they have the jets kryptonite Willis McGahee (owns us)...I hope we adjust and come out scrapping next week and we bounce back...thats a charactersitic of a good team so we'll see...

SIDE NOTE: DO NOT BE SURPRISED IF THE JETS NOW SIGN THE RAVENS G WHO WAS CUT
1)To bolster the line and add experience next to Brick
2) To see what the Ravens like to do offensively and things of the like

maybe its a conspiracy theory but i think since the ravens have a short week and the jets could sign this guy tonight and have him looking at plays by tomorrow it could work...After this game I would at least look into it if i were the Tannenbaum.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 09-09-2007 at 11:58 PM.
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

agreed, the team needs to run more 4-3 sets because the 3-4 is just getting torched. at least mix it up more when things are going that poorly. from what i've heard Mangini is supposed to be a clever defensive guru, but i surely didn't see it in preseason or in the opener.

They run right at Vilma mostly and u can always see a gaurd getting to him and simply put he's not big enough to take them on.....

anyone else think that Revis looked solid?

Quote:
Old 09-10-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
holy **** are you right.

we also just don't have the personnel to play the 3-4 for every down... the FO did a poor job adressing the d-line needs. that's what happens when you're too stingy with money.
Bluedevil$ is offline   Reply With Quote