Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 09-16-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

im pretty sure mccareins will make big plays for us later in the year, but my sweet god how did he drop those, especially the first one. In coles' defense that pass was a bit low, but i have seen him make that catch many a time.
I know how it sucks to say even tho we lost we saw some positive things, well we did; kellen clemens looked solid in the 4th quarter. Damn, lots of positives in the 4th quarter, but it sucks to start off 0-2.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Lets see, two dropped touchdown passes, and then a bobbled TD pass the turns into an int.

I think the receivers were trying to make Clemens look bad...
I don't know about that. Cotchery made him look pretty good today. He had some nice grabs.

Clemens had a good game today.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Mcareins

alot

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Well, here's to being a chargers fan for the next 4 hours. Damn, i really liked the way things were going especially after we got the booth review in our favor. I just thought it was very telling how we had 3 time outs and 1:30 on the clock and didn't even attempt a run play; we definately need to become more consistent with opening lanes. WE had some huge holes on some plays, then other plays there were more ravens in the backfield than jets players. That happened with moore; he absolutely decleated someone right after making a nice block to begin with, than the next play just whiffed on that guy who tripped up TJ in the backfield. I really think we just need to preach consistency. THat having been said; if we can play well against miami and buffalo i beleive we can finish 6-3 or 5-4 by our bye week and still finish the season 10-6 or 9-7. THe later probably being more accurate, but one can be optimistic. I think our team has shown very good quarters; once they do that for an entire game it'll be a beautiful thing.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 09-16-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This game reminded me of the first pats game from a year ago, getting destroyed in the first half and nearly coming back. In spite of the loss, A LOT of good came out of this game.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

^Yeah, I couldn't help but to think that as well.

Clemens showed a lot of poise late in the game... he can make every kind of throw, and into tight spots I might add. That's what seperates KC from Chad.
Bluedevil$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedevil$ View Post
^Yeah, I couldn't help but to think that as well.

Clemens showed a lot of poise late in the game... he can make every kind of throw, and into tight spots I might add. That's what seperates KC from Chad.
No, that's what makes them comparable. Chad woulda won the game for us had he been in...Chad completes nearly every throw and is great late in the game, much like we saw Clemens attempt at the end..

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

There were a lot of reasons why we lost, but Clemens wasn't one of them.

We have to stop giving up these TDs right before the half.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
There were a lot of reasons why we lost, but Clemens wasn't one of them.

We have to stop giving up these TDs right before the half.
ahmen those really are momentum shifters

Sig by Me
Old 09-16-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

can't agree more about that bro. But, what i was wondering was; was that rhodes' fault bein so far from heap, or was that blown coverage by barrett and rhodes was desperately trying to make up for it and in turn was made look like it was his fault? and who would have ever thought the jets would be 0-2 while the LIons are 2-0 haha well besides john kitna who guaranteed 10 wins. I bet that gaurantee will be a little hard to fulfill if hes standing on the sideline next week.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts on the game...
-Clemens played really well in the fourth which is an extremely good sign. It would be wrong to expect him to play that way the entire game when this was his first ever start. Like almost all QBs he needed time to settle down and really get a feeling on what its like playing a NFL game. Now that he's got one game under his belt look for him to play well when he needs to, depending on Chad's injury.
-The offensive line looked horrible. D'Brickashaw was thrown off the line multiple times, and they let Kellen get hit way too much. Its hard to generate any offensive flow when your line is getting man handled. On that note, Jones did fairly well considering the line was not opening holes for him.
-McCareins may have had a rough game, and yes Coles missed that catch, but on the whole the recievers played well. Cotchery helped Clemens out a lot, and I look forward to seeing what those 2 will do in the future. I'm kind of disappointed that Chansi Stuckey did not get any time, because he has the potential to be a good deep threat, like Coles, but, unlike Coles, he probably would not have been double teamed.
-The defense bent, but did not break. They had some horrible drives which led to Baltimore getting 20 points, but they did not get blown away. A pass rush must be generated if the Jets expect to win, because even Boller can have a good day with 5+ seconds in the pocket. The secondary did not do terrible, but Andre Dyson will be welcomed back with huge smiles.
-Nugent put a nice kick in from 50. Nothing special in the return game. Our coverage on kick returns has been real bad. In week 1 we let up a touchdown. In week 2 our 5'9" 180 lbs kicker saves one by sacrificing his body. Westerhoff is a great ST coach, so I think they'll get on the right track very soon.

These 2 weeks have been rough playing 2 extremely strong defenses so coming away 0-2 is not too much of a shock. We've got Miami next, who have been playing bad this year, next so hopefully our offense (under #10 or #11) can step it up and put some points on the board. Let's also hope that the defense figures out a way to get the Trent Green, because he's an easy target back there, and Bryan Thomas should have a field day against him. Go Gang Green
Old 09-16-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts on the game:

McCareins should be cut, right now.

Clemens is the future.

Defense needs improvement.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
No, that's what makes them comparable. Chad woulda won the game for us had he been in...Chad completes nearly every throw and is great late in the game, much like we saw Clemens attempt at the end..
sorry, sarcasm? Pennington is THE worst QB in the league in late in the game/ pressure situations. Its why well never win a SB with him. He cant make the throws when you need him to. Clemens almost won the game today. Ill take an almost win rather than, just another lost.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
My thoughts on the game...
-Clemens played really well in the fourth which is an extremely good sign. It would be wrong to expect him to play that way the entire game when this was his first ever start. Like almost all QBs he needed time to settle down and really get a feeling on what its like playing a NFL game. Now that he's got one game under his belt look for him to play well when he needs to, depending on Chad's injury.
-The offensive line looked horrible. D'Brickashaw was thrown off the line multiple times, and they let Kellen get hit way too much. Its hard to generate any offensive flow when your line is getting man handled. On that note, Jones did fairly well considering the line was not opening holes for him.
-McCareins may have had a rough game, and yes Coles missed that catch, but on the whole the recievers played well. Cotchery helped Clemens out a lot, and I look forward to seeing what those 2 will do in the future. I'm kind of disappointed that Chansi Stuckey did not get any time, because he has the potential to be a good deep threat, like Coles, but, unlike Coles, he probably would not have been double teamed.
-The defense bent, but did not break. They had some horrible drives which led to Baltimore getting 20 points, but they did not get blown away. A pass rush must be generated if the Jets expect to win, because even Boller can have a good day with 5+ seconds in the pocket. The secondary did not do terrible, but Andre Dyson will be welcomed back with huge smiles.
-Nugent put a nice kick in from 50. Nothing special in the return game. Our coverage on kick returns has been real bad. In week 1 we let up a touchdown. In week 2 our 5'9" 180 lbs kicker saves one by sacrificing his body. Westerhoff is a great ST coach, so I think they'll get on the right track very soon.

These 2 weeks have been rough playing 2 extremely strong defenses so coming away 0-2 is not too much of a shock. We've got Miami next, who have been playing bad this year, next so hopefully our offense (under #10 or #11) can step it up and put some points on the board. Let's also hope that the defense figures out a way to get the Trent Green, because he's an easy target back there, and Bryan Thomas should have a field day against him. Go Gang Green
I agree with most of that except for the O-line. Alot of the time the ravens were sending more blitzers than we had blockers and Clemens failed to get rid of the ball. A good portion of the sacks were because of this. Then in the fourth Clemens finally started to get the ball out in time which in turn made the Ravens stop blitzing. Once the ravens stopped blitzing Clemens had alot of time to throw and thats when he hit his groove and played very well

Sig by Me
Old 09-16-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
McCareins should be cut, right now.
I know many Jet fans are angry with this guy. I think he feels pretty bad about the game today and to be honest, he hasn't really shown us much since he has been here. However, I don't think cutting him now is very realistic. I'm still willing to give this guy more chances.

Quote:
Clemens is the future.
He played a solid game today. Really couldn't have asked much more from him. However, unless Chad gets hurt, I see him playing out the remainder of his contract. The guy, in my opinion, is a very good QB. I don't see Clemens beating him out anytime soon.

Quote:
Defense needs improvement.
I think they looked a lot better then last game. Although, you have to take that with a grain of salt since it is Baltimore's O we are talking about. They had some big stops, especially on that last Baltimore possession.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post

He played a solid game today. Really couldn't have asked much more from him. However, unless Chad gets hurt, I see him playing out the remainder of his contract. The guy, in my opinion, is a very good QB. I don't see Clemens beating him out anytime soon.
This is from another jets site (i think im allowed to post this?). It didnt persue my opinion on Clemens because I already liked him. But its a good post. :

The Worst Part ...

... Kellen Clemens made the plays in the second half to conduct a dramatic comeback on the road verses an elite defense, after getting pounded in the first half, and he MADE THE THROWS on that final drive to close the deal, to tie this Ball Game and likely send it into OT

He threw a Gimmie TD to MaCareins on a slant to the endzone, in stride, dead on the money, and he drops it

Often times when that happens, even to the best QB's, they don't get another chance, especially verses an elite defense like the Ravens, it's like a batter hitting a homerun off an elite pitcher that curves JUST FOUL, you rarely see him hit another in that AB, he missed his shot

But Clemens threw another one that was low to Coles in the endzone, TOUGH CATCH so you can't kill Coles for not making the play, but that's a TOUGH CATCH Coles makes far more often than not .. 9 times out of 10 that's a TD to Lavaranues Coles, and the idea of getting a third chance verses the Ravens was preposterous

But Clemens hit McCareins in the endzone one more time, and much like his first drop this one hit MaCareins in the wrong spot .. HIS HANDS .. which took the tying TD and turned it into a Game ending INT

And that's even worse than the loss in my view, cause this kid faced a ferocious defense on the road in his first ever start and he conducted a BRILLIANT 4TH QTR COMEBACK ... BRILLIANT AND GUTSY AS IT GETS .. and he was denied that Glory because Justin McCareins CAN'T CATCH!!

It's sickening, this kid earned that Glory with as tough a performance as you will ever see in your life from a neophyte QB making his first NFL start .. you can hardly ask for a tougher assignment than to make that start in Baltimore verses the feriocous Ravens defense, and this kid took a massive beating in the first half, but he got off the deck and led as BRILLIANT/TOUGH a comeback as you will ever see from a neophyte QB in his first start

That he was denied that Glory, WIN or LOSE, the Glory of leading this team all the way back from 17 down to tie that game at the wire, is the cruel twist after you get past the loss

BUT WE KNOW BETTER

WE KNOW WHAT WE SAW, DON'T WE?

The Jets have their franchise QB to build around, NO NEED TO LOOK ANYWHERE ELSE, no need to draft and QB's high, this kid is the REAL DEAL and we can definitely take solice in that
Old 09-16-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

After watching the game today you guys have 2 solid young players in Revis and Clemens. The worst move of Penningtons career was sitting that one out.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
After watching the game today you guys have 2 solid young players in Revis and Clemens. The worst move of Penningtons career was sitting that one out.
i agree... Clemens is the real deal and he's a second rounder. ALOT of franchise QBs are drafted in the 2nd round, so its not too much of a surprise to see him do well. Hopefully Chad will help him so in a year or 2 he'll be a great starter
Old 09-16-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

definitely a smart pick

Old 09-16-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
definitely a smart pick

That is the manliest picture i have ever seen.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
That is the manliest picture i have ever seen.
it really is... my respect for him skyrocketed after seeing that picture...
Old 09-16-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

well, knowing that the fact you guys have a phenomanal defense, especially one that gets after the qb like they can, i dont think chad would have been able to scramble all that well. Now, i do beleive he would have been the perfect qb to play that team. As we saw, and that i was saying all game, was that our oline was playing quite well, but kellen was just holding onto the ball too long. In order to offset the blitz is by making those short quick and accurate throws, which will stop the blitz and then give our qb time to throw; kellen did this exceptionally well in the 4th quarter. He shows the great ability to gun the ball in tight areas, as well as quick little routes that don't get our recievers layed out. He made very good decisions later in the game, there was never a point where i thought oh damn that was almost picked or wow what are u thinking. I will say this, i sure hope our team holds onto this guy for a long time.
I was also wondering, does anyone know when dyson is going to come back? BEcuase he will be definately welcomed back. I thought he played very well last year, and everyone seems to be picking on barrett exclusively so far. I find this very telling on what teams think of revis, considering he is a rookie and most teams like to pick on rookies (or it's just showing how poorly they think of barrett).

Old 09-16-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

if anyone has facebook here's a Kellen Clemens group i just made

http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5049177407&ref=mf
Old 09-16-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Jets fans, great game today, Kellen Clemens looks like the future for sure (not shocked because he is from OREGON!!!!), Jets fans at the game were very cool visitors, Good luck...see ya again in the playoffs!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Hey Jets fans, great game today, Kellen Clemens looks like the future for sure (not shocked because he is from OREGON!!!!), Jets fans at the game were very cool visitors, Good luck...see ya again in the playoffs!
Number 1- I hope so haha
Number 2- This time Clemens will have 15 games under his belt so look out