Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 09-16-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
Number 1- I hope so haha
Number 2- This time Clemens will have 15 games under his belt so look out
lets hope if we meet you guys again Ogden, Mcnair are still out, and ray is playing hurt too :)

Not likely :(

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if anyone has facebook here's a Kellen Clemens group i just made

http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5049177407&ref=mf
bump to the new page
Old 09-17-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Hey Jets fans, great game today, Kellen Clemens looks like the future for sure (not shocked because he is from OREGON!!!!), Jets fans at the game were very cool visitors, Good luck...see ya again in the playoffs!
You guys played a great game as well.

By the way, on a side note your stadium goes nuts, especially in big defensive situations, or at least you did the one time I was there. Definitely a big home field advantage playing with that kind of support, makes it tough on the opposing offense, especially the QB. Almost makes Clemens' performance in the 4th a little more impressive after having been there and seeing what a hostile environment it is for opposing offenses.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
You guys played a great game as well.

By the way, on a side note your stadium goes nuts, especially in big defensive situations, or at least you did the one time I was there. Definitely a big home field advantage playing with that kind of support, makes it tough on the opposing offense, especially the QB. Almost makes Clemens' performance in the 4th a little more impressive after having been there and seeing what a hostile environment it is for opposing offenses.
Yeah we do get loud for our D, its gets crazy at times. I was shocked at how loud we got it at the end of the game because half the stadium left when it was 20-3 at the end of the 3rd. I think we get disrespected when they talk about loud stadiums in the NFL, cause Ive been to the supposed loudest stadium (Arrowhead) and at opening kickoff when it was still a game the crowd was nothing compared to M&T.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gg everybody.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Ok, now i know its extremely early and there is no way of predicting where we will be drafting and i know that our scouts go to many games but i thought this was pretty interesting:

Preseason All America defensive end Tommy Blake has left TCU.

Officially, preseason All-American Blake was absent from the Frogs' two practices Thursday because of "personal reasons." He also missed the afternoon workout Tuesday and a single practice Wednesday.

"Is he still on the team?"" [TCU coach Gary] Patterson asked Thursday, repeating the rumor of the day. "Yes, he is."

Instead of being on the practice field, however, as the Frogs prepare for their Sept. 1 season opener against Baylor, Blake was back in his hometown of Aransas Pass, reportedly trying to sort things out.

"Up to practice No. 11, he was perfect," Patterson said. "Unbelievable."

And the next day, it seems, an NFL scout from the Jets showed up to watch Blake practice. And a scout from the Titans. And from the Saints, the Broncos, the Giants and the Bills.
The attention, witnesses say, appeared to bother Tommy.

Apparently! Hopefully Blake can work through all of this, but yikes. NFL millions await him, although this has to send a major red flag to higher-ups in the pressure-packed league.

Like i said, its a bit early for anything, however; i've been whining about it for a while now saying we need an OLB to put constant pressure on a QB ala shawne merriman. Ya that could just be the mancrush i have on him or just love seeing him plant brady in the ground, but the point is i love the idea they are looking at a legit first round OLB. I love him gholston and groves.
I know there isn't any way of knowing how well they'll play this year or where we will be drafting, but it excited me seeing the jets linked with this guy.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Pretty big news if its 100%, which the New York Daily News has tended to be lately:

According to the New York Daily News, Justin Miller will miss the remainder of the season with a knee injury.
A Pro Bowl return man last season, Miller hurt his right knee in Sunday's loss to the Ravens and underwent an MRI, with an anonymous source telling the newspaper that "it doesn't look good." Leon Washington figures to replace Miller on kickoffs and his role on defense is minimal.

Leon did a great job in preseason, but the special teams hasn't shown too much this season so far. Losing a player of miller's caliber is definately going to hurt.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Old 09-18-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to the Ledger, Pennington will start instead of Clemens...

boooooooooooooo
Old 09-19-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
According to the Ledger, Pennington will start instead of Clemens...

boooooooooooooo
I think I have heard enough booooos from Jets fan this season.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

yaa seriously guys c'mon. Chad has done everything for this team, that includes taking a pay cut and playing hurt. Now, I love the future we have in kellen, but until he proves to mangini and the rest that he can do a better job than chad than hes not going to start. If he played that way in the entire game and won the game then possibly there would be a controversy. BUt for now atleast support chad.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does anyone know if Bender can play RT in the pros or if the Jets drafted him primarily as a Guard prospect?

I know next year, growing plains with our OL will be the last thing we want to see but I really like these prospects and I think if Brick could step up and play a little better our line would be set....

Guard:
Jordan Grimes-Purdue: 6-3 325
Roy Schuening-Oregon St.: 6-4 317

(R)Tackle:
Barry Richardson-Clemson:6-7 330
Gosder Cherilus-Boston College:6-7 318

we need some size on the line and need to replace Clement and Clarke. If we actually put youthful and strong size at LG Brick might be able to play at least as well as last year... Also, if we have a rookie LG one who would be pancaked between Brick and Mangold they might help themselves going over the little things with the rookie. a 2nd or 3rd round RT can make it in the NFL the learning curve isn't that huge and they would be playing next to the most experienced player on our line...If they're a mauler it's great look at Marshal Yanda with the Ravens he was called a poor prospect and had a high bust factor he looked fine sunday.
I dunno I just want to solidify the OL for next year bc with the strides clemens has made from year one to year two, the Jets have a good problem in that they have a top tier QB with injury problems and a capable backup who is the future of the team. We need to protect whoever starts.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
sorry, sarcasm? Pennington is THE worst QB in the league in late in the game/ pressure situations. Its why well never win a SB with him. He cant make the throws when you need him to. Clemens almost won the game today. Ill take an almost win rather than, just another lost.
Is that a joke? No seriously, is that a ******* joke? I'm not even going to bother telling you how wrong you are, because it's a waste of my time, but you obviously have never seen Chad Pennington and the Jets play, because that statement couldn't have been more wrong...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Mangini should admit he was wrong with the 3-4 and switch back to the 4-3. Our defense is built to be a 4-3 (minus B Thomas and newly acquired guys we got this year). I like the 3-4 when rushing the passer, but even with that we haven't got a sack all year.

Our 4-3 Defense:
DE- Ellis, Devito
DT- Robertson, Pouha
DT- Coleman, Mosley
DE- Thomas, Hicks
OLB- Barton, Bowens
MLB- Vilma, Harris
OLB- Hobson, Kassel, Spencer

I think this would help everyone except maybe Harris and Thomas.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

GREAT game from D'Brick in every way. Especially going up against Taylor and shutting him down the whole game..

Old 09-23-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
GREAT game from D'Brick in every way. Especially going up against Taylor and shutting him down the whole game..
definetly, he had Taylor desperately guessing the snap count to try and get a rush. D'brick dominated.

Also, TJ looked really good today, the line blocked ok, but TJ created alot for himself. the rush D was still terrible though, i think that's our #1 need. Davis Barrett was excellent, he was spot on for nearly the whole game, i have no idea what he got into him today, maybe mangini lit a fire under his ass, whatever it was it worked.

For the rookies...
David Harris played well, he sniffed out a couple of draws and screen plays.

Revis was picked on a bit, didn't play too well

Sig by Me
Old 09-23-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Good game to get back on track.

Pennington answers again. Can't say enough about this guy.

I had Ronnie Brown on my fantasy team and refused to start him.

Go Jets!
Old 09-23-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Good game to get back on track.

Pennington answers again. Can't say enough about this guy.

I had Ronnie Brown on my fantasy team and refused to start him.

Go Jets!
haha i do the same thing everytime in fantasy baseball i refuse to start my pitchers against the yanks...regardless, D'brick definately showed that he is capable of dominating and i liked what i saw from TJ, especially when he abused that db with his stiff arm. I thought revis did a good job, that one PI call was ********, actually both of those calls on the one drive were crap. Jason taylor was definately the one who pushed off barett i think (can't remember who he was up against). I love the fact he is always in on the play, im pretty sure he came close to leading the team in tackles. Harris looked good on a few plays i saw him in their for, and Vilma seems to be making more and more plays as the season goes on. I really think we need to replace hobson with someone who can get after the QB; vernon gholston, tommy blake or quentin groves. I definately think that would really change the dynamics of our defense. Also, Drob is not getting blown off the line and is constantly taking up double teams, which is why i dont think NT really is our primary need. Good game tho, i would have dreaded going 0-3.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Revis and the rest of the secondary played fine. They had trouble in coverage because the front seven was blitzing and still couldn't put on enough pressure. You can't expect a guy to cover one on one all game where the QB has no one in his face.

D'Brick handling Taylor is obviously a plus, but it's the big bull rushers that make him look like a high schooler. Schobel gave him Hell last year and will be a much better litmus test for how much he's improving.

Vilma had what I thought was one of his best games in 3 years. He sniffed out the swing plays, tosses, and played well in coverage. I swear I actually saw him go and stuff Ronnie Brown at the line. I can't remember the last time I saw that. David Harris really complements him well.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Erik Coleman played awful and saying DRob played well is a joke. For the majority of the game he was taken out and replaced by Sione Pouha. There is a reason running backs completely destroy us, and it's because we don't have a dominant NT.Pouha was alright on a few plays, and awful on others. Kenyon Coleman has looked alright this year and Shaun Ellis looks a bit more adjusted.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Well, i didn't think Drob played amazing but i dont think it was a joke. He wasn't exactly taken out and replaced by Pouha; yes he was taken out, but then he was moved to right defensive end. I heard them mentioning changing things up along the line to try to get the pass rush going, which they did. I think he got a solid push from the end position. I may be in the minority, but i dont beleive that the reason running backs run all over us is becasue of our lack of elite NT. I think it is mostly becuase we constantly miss at the spot of contact; Ronnie brown was hit at the line of scrimmage or a yard after and then scuffled off for a few more yards a good number of times. I also beleive our linebackers and safeties have a huge penchant for over persueing and not playing the cutback as well as they should. That was the reason Mcgahee always ran over us; he was a big back who is a downfield one cut back type of runner. I can't count the amount of times i see our dline and linebackers looking like they are going to get a TFL but end up letting up a few yards. Now i definately agree we need a better push from our line, but i dont think it can soley be attributed to Drob.

I will tell ya one thing i missed seeing and that was the play action. Im not saying they didn't play well, becuase the offensive looked solid to me. But, the one play i remember destinctly was 2nd and 4 and we had run the ball the last few times, the box was stacked and i figured play action, but instead they got stuffed at the line again. Now, if the play worked then its not a big deal, but I love the play action and maybe i missed it this game as there was a lot going on in the bar, but i DO love me some play action.

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 09-23-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

I'm telling you, if we can move Dewayne to DE and draft an NT our line will be very good. I think we should consider trading Sean Ellis to a team in the 4-3.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

I completely agree about the play action Broadway, those last couple of clock milking drives were we only got FG's, i was expecting to see at least one PA call, but they were content to keep on running. Although it was satisfying to finally see some success in the run game, Penny is tied with Peyton for the best play fake in the league, and it can be a tremendous weapon with him. Hopefully this is improved upon next week.

And Nvot, i definetly agree that if we got a true NT and moved D-rob to DE our D-line would be tremendously improved, but i think Ellis is definetly a keeper. He is great in a 3-4 and a 4-3 so i think a line with D-rob and Ellis at end, and maybe Raji or Okam in the middle would be fantastic

Sig by Me
Old 09-23-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

First off the chick in the schick quatro commercial where she falls off the treadmill has an absolutely slammin body. Secondly, i know our run defense has been more than suspect, but i still think getting pressure on the QB is slightly more urgent. Trent Green had all day to throw, as did brady and boller. If they had to rush their throw or check down to the slant routes we would be able to put more in the box and then stop the run. Obviously there is a lot of things we need to do, but i feel someone who could pressure the QB, a lot like demarcus ware is doing to grossman at this very moment would cause quite the disruption, especially when u can get pressure with one player. Or draw a double team which would free up our players. Ideally atleast. Anyways, i think next weekend against the bills should be a good test of a lot of things:

Dbrick vs. Schobell - this will let us know exactly how well he as improved. He played very well this weekend against taylor and the dolphins, however as we all know he has his main problems with bullrusher type DEs.
Lynch+Oline vs our front 7 - they have a very weak offensive line, and although i think lynch is a beast this will let us know how bad or good our line is. If lynch runs for 100+ than i will agree we may be in trouble. The pats gave up 74 yards. I think if we can keep it around that, and definately work on the screen plays than i will call it a success.
Their recievers vs our secondary - Lee evans has something like 4 catches this year and from what i have seen there deep game hasn't been respected very much. I would like to see if our cb's can have back to back solidish games.
I beleive their oline has given up 8 sacks so far this year and we really need to come away with 2 in my opinion for me to be happy.

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 09-23-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

who is playing QB for the bills?
Old 09-24-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Trent Edwards but don't sleep on him I though the was a better QB coming out than Kolb, Smith, Stanton or Beck. I liked his high completion rating and his ability to play under pressure and while hurt. I think he's better than Losman anyway, but hes a rookie whatever we'll see how our D plays against him and their O

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote