Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 09-24-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
Trent Edwards but don't sleep on him I though the was a better QB coming out than Kolb, Smith, Stanton or Beck. I liked his high completion rating and his ability to play under pressure and while hurt. I think he's better than Losman anyway, but hes a rookie whatever we'll see how our D plays against him and their O
HAha ya, playing under pressure is one thing those Stanford QB's all have in a common these last couple years. The Pac10 is really getting more deep as far as talent goes tho. But yes, i am looking forward to see how our D can play against their oline, it will be quite telling.

Also, i was looking at nugents stats: he kicked off six times with two of his kicks resulting in touchbacks. He has now kicked off 12 times this season with five kickoffs landing in the end zone and three resulting in touchbacks. He had only a handful of touchbacks in his entire nfl career. I like it, i just hope he doesn't get tagged in the DEA's "raw deal" investigation lol.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 09-24-2007 at 09:56 AM.
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
HAha ya, playing under pressure is one thing those Stanford QB's all have in a common these last couple years. The Pac10 is really getting more deep as far as talent goes tho. But yes, i am looking forward to see how our D can play against their oline, it will be quite telling.

Also, i was looking at nugents stats: he kicked off six times with two of his kicks resulting in touchbacks. He has now kicked off 12 times this season with five kickoffs landing in the end zone and three resulting in touchbacks. He had only a handful of touchbacks in his entire nfl career. I like it, i just hope he doesn't get tagged in the DEA's "raw deal" investigation lol.
gotta love noog noog noog
Old 09-30-2007, 03:27 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

well its 3am here in boston and i just got done studying for my biochem exam and i got to thinking how glad i am i got my work done so i could watch my jets play on sunday. I'm pretty sure i wrote a huge long thing somewhere on here as well as most people have but even tho the bills aren't a very good team this year they will be able to test us on certain aspects. I think what i will be looking for most will be how brick plays against a bigger more physical bullrusher type DE in Schobel. I also will like to see how our oline and rb's handle a pretty big defensive line. I would like to see constant pressure by our defense and atleast 2 sacks. I feel keeping lynch 80 yards or under will be a success, 80-100 will be adequate, obviously lower 80's being better than higher 90's. And anything above 100 will be unacceptable to me. THis also depends, however on the amount of carries. I don't want to see 4+ yards a carry and huge gaping runs. I would also like to see the 3rd down completion percentage of our oppenents drop. This means screens, and long pass plays; even tho evans doesn't have that many catches this year he is still a talented receiver. So basically i wanna see how our oline does and our defense as a whole. Chad and the receivers are honestly the least of my worries, rightfully so. Anyways i am predicting a 31-17 jets victory. Oh, and in reference to the thread "jets fans are crazy," i wore two green and white rubber bands on my wrist last weekend (i just like wearing things and i would lose something expensive) and i refuse to take it off until they/if they lose. I was in my bio lab and realized later that it wasn't on there i went back in the garbage and fished it out thru a bunch of things i prolly shouldnt have been touching, so ya id say we are crazy, but i think its a good thing. oh and ive listened to riding with the king 3 times today, amazing cd

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 09-30-2007 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well its 3am here in boston and i just got done studying for my biochem exam and i got to thinking how glad i am i got my work done so i could watch my jets play on sunday. I'm pretty sure i wrote a huge long thing somewhere on here as well as most people have but even tho the bills aren't a very good team this year they will be able to test us on certain aspects. I think what i will be looking for most will be how brick plays against a bigger more physical bullrusher type DE in Schobel. I also will like to see how our oline and rb's handle a pretty big defensive line. I would like to see constant pressure by our defense and atleast 2 sacks. I feel keeping lynch 80 yards or under will be a success, 80-100 will be adequate, obviously lower 80's being better than higher 90's. And anything above 100 will be unacceptable to me. THis also depends, however on the amount of carries. I don't want to see 4+ yards a carry and huge gaping runs. I would also like to see the 3rd down completion percentage of our oppenents drop. This means screens, and long pass plays; even tho evans doesn't have that many catches this year he is still a talented receiver. So basically i wanna see how our oline does and our defense as a whole. Chad and the receivers are honestly the least of my worries, rightfully so. Anyways i am predicting a 31-17 jets victory. Oh, and in reference to the thread "jets fans are crazy," i wore two green and white rubber bands on my wrist last weekend (i just like wearing things and i would lose something expensive) and i refuse to take it off until they/if they lose. I was in my bio lab and realized later that it wasn't on there i went back in the garbage and fished it out thru a bunch of things i prolly shouldnt have been touching, so ya id say we are crazy, but i think its a good thing. oh and ive listened to riding with the king 3 times today, amazing cd
Agreed.

Also, the bills have worst Run D in the NFL, so if we can't get TJ going today then it's pretty obvious that the o-line needs some work

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

The only thing that i have liked about our team so far is our run defense, but that is becuase we constantly are having our dbacks near the line of scrimmage, which is selling out our cb's who are giving the bills recievers huge cushions. We have two sacks, but its only becuase Edwards has held on to the ball too long. We cannot get any pressure on trent edwards, and yes hes making sharp passes, but it really is annoying how we can't force him to make any eratic or very quick throws. Schobel hasn't made Dbrick look silly, which is nice but it seems as tho he doesnt dictate the fight, its more he absorbs it and just redirects him. This isn't bad, but the pocket collapses and is tough for chad to throw. This also isn't all on him, but adrian clarke as well. Our play calling has been pretty bland as well, ive yet to see a play-action called in any of the games ive been watching, which is really starting to bother me. A lot of times we've gotten to 2nd and short and i felt was a perfect opportunity. Anyways, if i havn't mentioned that our lack of pass rush is obnoxious ill say it again.

haha finally some play action. And yes, the big Olineman are manhandeling Drob; he was compeltely pushed of the point of attack on the td to lynch, which opened up the cutback lane.

i have to retract that; dbrick is struggeling against schobel. now two holding penalties

we just lost to one of the worst teams in the nfl...

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 09-30-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

That one hurt.

That missed field goal at half time really came back to bite us.

The last INT hurt, but when your put in a position like that, its going to be hard not to make a mistake. We really shouldn't have put ourselves in this position.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is such a bad loss, how the **** did we screw that one up. Our D was so incredibly bad that whole game. There was actually not one hurry the whole game. I'm dead serious, Edwards wasn't hurried once. The O didn't even played bad, the D was just god awful. And this was against a bottom 3 offense in the league mind you. Mangini has his work cut out for him if he wants to turn this around.

Here's to a top 10 pick boys

Sig by Me
Old 09-30-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
The only thing that i have liked about our team so far is our run defense, but that is becuase we constantly are having our dbacks near the line of scrimmage, which is selling out our cb's who are giving the bills recievers huge cushions. We have two sacks, but its only becuase Edwards has held on to the ball too long. We cannot get any pressure on trent edwards, and yes hes making sharp passes, but it really is annoying how we can't force him to make any eratic or very quick throws. Schobel hasn't made Dbrick look silly, which is nice but it seems as tho he doesnt dictate the fight, its more he absorbs it and just redirects him. This isn't bad, but the pocket collapses and is tough for chad to throw. This also isn't all on him, but adrian clarke as well. Our play calling has been pretty bland as well, ive yet to see a play-action called in any of the games ive been watching, which is really starting to bother me. A lot of times we've gotten to 2nd and short and i felt was a perfect opportunity. Anyways, if i havn't mentioned that our lack of pass rush is obnoxious ill say it again.

haha finally some play action. And yes, the big Olineman are manhandeling Drob; he was compeltely pushed of the point of attack on the td to lynch, which opened up the cutback lane.

i have to retract that; dbrick is struggeling against schobel. now two holding penalties

we just lost to one of the worst teams in the nfl...
One of the penalties was absolute ********. D'Brick gave up 3 sacks to Schobel in one game last year, today, I didn't see Schobel make one play in the backfield let alone record a sack. I watched D'Brick every play, and saw some him man handle Schobel on a few plays. Granted, some he was pushed back a little as well, he kept his footwork down pat and stayed in front of Schobel. I hope this game ended the criticism towards him, I'm sick of hearing people knock D'Brick. He's now pretty much dominated one of the NFL's fastest pass rushers and one of the strongest pass rushers, who had a combined 27.5 sacks last year, and D'Brick held them BOTH to 0 this year.

Revis had a rough game, but he was picked on a lot, and didn't look awful to be honest, I saw some nice things still. Him and Harris are going to be two very good players for us.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
That is such a bad loss, how the **** did we screw that one up. Our D was so incredibly bad that whole game. There was actually not one hurry the whole game. I'm dead serious, Edwards wasn't hurried once. The O didn't even played bad, the D was just god awful. And this was against a bottom 3 offense in the league mind you. Mangini has his work cut out for him if he wants to turn this around.

7 points through the first 3.5 quarters against the worst statistical defense with half of their starters injured and the offense didn't play bad?

This whole team is just awful. We were disillusioned by last year. There's virtually no talent on this team. It's still a rebuilding process.

I honestly think that Pennington will only be starting for one more week. If (when) we lose to the giants...
Old 09-30-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031 View Post
7 points through the first 3.5 quarters against the worst statistical defense with half of their starters injured and the offense didn't play bad?

This whole team is just awful. We were disillusioned by last year. There's virtually no talent on this team. It's still a rebuilding process.

I honestly think that Pennington will only be starting for one more week. If (when) we lose to the giants...
Cotchery is fantastic, Vilma is a stud, Coles can make nearly every catch, Leon Washington is an excellent change of pace player who gets extra yardage, Revis and Harris look to be very solid, Rhodes is a pro-bowl caliber S, Coleman is a very good S too..I wouldn't say we don't have any talent. I'd more say that we don't have talent at the mainly important positions...

Old 09-30-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
One of the penalties was absolute ********. D'Brick gave up 3 sacks to Schobel in one game last year, today, I didn't see Schobel make one play in the backfield let alone record a sack. I watched D'Brick every play, and saw some him man handle Schobel on a few plays. Granted, some he was pushed back a little as well, he kept his footwork down pat and stayed in front of Schobel. I hope this game ended the criticism towards him, I'm sick of hearing people knock D'Brick. He's now pretty much dominated one of the NFL's fastest pass rushers and one of the strongest pass rushers, who had a combined 27.5 sacks last year, and D'Brick held them BOTH to 0 this year.

Revis had a rough game, but he was picked on a lot, and didn't look awful to be honest, I saw some nice things still. Him and Harris are going to be two very good players for us.
yaa that is true, the 2nd didn't look like much of a penalty to me. I was more talking about the collapse of the pocket, but thats not all his fault. I was just happy to really keep schobel's name from being said a lot. To me, it seemed like the jets showed a sense of urgency to score maybe one 2 drives that entire game. It just seemed like they weren't nervous about scoring at all. I'm not gonna say it, but from someone who is generally so accurate i was shocked by nugent. And I love chad, i really do, but you can't make mistakes like that and hope to win games. His accuracey was fine, but once again his balls were floating quiet a bit; the only one i saw that had a good amount of zip was the one that led to our first td and he had to put his entire body into it while on the run. I know our offense is great in the 2 minute drill, but when we aren't the most explosive offensive unit in the league, we can't rely on scoring in the last minutes of the game every time. Eventually they catch on to what we're doing ie. running the coverage off and checking down to leon. Or the comback routes from coles; if there timing isn't right chads ball is just floating there to be picked off. Well, this isn't the end of the season by any means, there are still a lot of winnable games to be played; however we need to win the games we are suppose to.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Everyone that has been here long enough knows your stance on Pennington. You have been awfully quiet this year so far but as soon as he throws an INT you come out with this talk about him being benched. Your really being ridiculous.

Last edited by AlexDown : 09-30-2007 at 04:11 PM.
AlexDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Quote:
yaa that is true, the 2nd didn't look like much of a penalty to me. I was more talking about the collapse of the pocket, but thats not all his fault. I was just happy to really keep schobel's name from being said a lot. To me, it seemed like the jets showed a sense of urgency to score maybe one 2 drives that entire game. It just seemed like they weren't nervous about scoring at all. I'm not gonna say it, but from someone who is generally so accurate i was shocked by nugent. And I love chad, i really do, but you can't make mistakes like that and hope to win games. His accuracey was fine, but once again his balls were floating quiet a bit; the only one i saw that had a good amount of zip was the one that led to our first td and he had to put his entire body into it while on the run. I know our offense is great in the 2 minute drill, but when we aren't the most explosive offensive unit in the league, we can't rely on scoring in the last minutes of the game every time. Eventually they catch on to what we're doing ie. running the coverage off and checking down to leon. Or the comback routes from coles; if there timing isn't right chads ball is just floating there to be picked off. Well, this isn't the end of the season by any means, there are still a lot of winnable games to be played; however we need to win the games we are suppose to.
That pretty much sums it up. We're never a threat to score until the last 2 minutes. We need to keep the pressure on the whole game, not just when you're behind by 2 possessions, scrambling to make them up with less than enough time. Something's gunna have to click eventually. To be honest, and I know this is gunna be hated on because we have so many other problems, but we need a different RB. We need someone who's electrifying, ala Adrian Peterson. I love Leon Washington, absolutely love him. I'm not saying he's the solution or not, but give him more carries, look what he did at the end of this game, he tore it up. I mean look at all of the top RB's in the game, look at the up and coming youngsters. Most of them are elusive backs who get extra yardage, I can only think of a few who are good at cramming the ball through the middle like Thomas Jones, that rarely works...

Old 09-30-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
. To be honest, and I know this is gunna be hated on because we have so many other problems, but we need a different RB.
No, no we really don't.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:

I feel ya on the pennington not starting for much longer if he consistently makes poor decisions tha tlead to ints. Our offensive just isn't explosive enough to win while still giving up those ints in key spots. But as of now i dont think they will bench chad. However, i just know when clemens was playing i felt like we had the ability to score with greater ease; not sure, it was just a good feeling i had. I wouldn't say our teem is talentless, i just feel that our team, and not to be repetitive, sense of urgency. I still beleive that our play calling was very dry and doesn't seem to be exploiting any weaknesses. Next week will be very telling of what type of football team we are. Besides the 4 division leading teams, the rest of the league isn't playing much better than .500 ball. We really need to win 4 of the next 5 if we want to stay in this. Becuase we play Pitt, Dallas and New england witin the first 5 games after our bye week.

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 09-30-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Everyone that has been hear long enough knows your stance on Pennington. You have been awfully quiet this year so far but as soon as he throws an INT you come out with this talk about him being benched. Your really being ridiculous.
With a loss next week, the Jets will be 1-4 with the hardest part of their schedule yet to come. Any talk of this team even being remotely capable of reaching the playoffs is just silly. This is what we will get from Pennington, he is a mediocre-decent QB that can win with a good team around him. We don't have that. No one has any idea what Clemens is or will be. Seeing as how we're probably going to have a high pick this year, won't it make sense to see of Clemens is the real deal or whether or not we have to consider drafting a quarterback?
Old 09-30-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:

****, something messed up and i got the same message twice. my bad. Anyways, i know what ur saying about not making the playoffs. I personally would love to see clemens play, and i think if we were to put him in now would be the time, so as we can give him 4, 5 games under his belt before we head to Pitt, Dallas and NE.

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 09-30-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
With a loss next week, the Jets will be 1-4 with the hardest part of their schedule yet to come. Any talk of this team even being remotely capable of reaching the playoffs is just silly. This is what we will get from Pennington, he is a mediocre-decent QB that can win with a good team around him. We don't have that. No one has any idea what Clemens is or will be. Seeing as how we're probably going to have a high pick this year, won't it make sense to see of Clemens is the real deal or whether or not we have to consider drafting a quarterback?
It's really hard to even go into discussion with you when you have already made up your mind about the Jets in general for this season and Pennington has our starter. I've tried before, it's really not even worth it. Also, I don't see the Jets drafting a QB high in the draft regardless when we just did two years ago.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
donnelpa

first off we need to fire sutton as d-coordinator...he has no idea how to run a 3-4 defense if that is what defense we want to run...we also dont have all the personel to run the 3-4- we need to invest in a nose tackle first...to be totally honest vilma does not fit the 3-4 and could be great bait in a trade for a nose tackle (Harris is playin well and will be great and i think hobson would be better suited at inside)...therefore why not trade vilma to the steelers for casey hampton and perhaps a draft pick (tomlin wants to switch to a tampa 2 d anyway)...next is to work on our pass rush...terrel suggs is a free agent but i think the ravens will sign in long term but if they dont he should be the #1 target or if not address a pass rushing olb in the first round...i personally like Phillip Wheeler even though is a bit undersized he has a knack for making plays behind the line of scrimmage and his play reminds me a lot of merriman or we could go for groves or blake... this would improve the defense tremendously

on offense i think the first thing to do is start clemens...his play brings a better chance to score in my opinion especially with our recievers and baker being able to stretch the field and then grinding it out with tj...but thats another thing our line isnt opening nice holes for him at all which is why we need a solid left guard and right tackle...max starks would be a great right tackle for us and we could even try to get him thrown in with the vilma for hampton trade...other than that i think our offense is great...
Old 09-30-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Doesnt a sack count as a hurry? If not, I'd take two sacks over two hurries any day

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
No, no we really don't.
Agreed, there is absolutely nothing wrong with TJ

Quote:
Cotchery is fantastic, Vilma is a stud, Coles can make nearly every catch, Leon Washington is an excellent change of pace player who gets extra yardage, Revis and Harris look to be very solid, Rhodes is a pro-bowl caliber S, Coleman is a very good S too..I wouldn't say we don't have any talent. I'd more say that we don't have talent at the mainly important positions...
We do have talent, but not too much of it. I agree with Cotchery and Coles. Vilma is definetly not a stud right now, and Leon is a change of pace back, thats about it. Not mention that our D-line is absolutely horrific. They just can not control the LOS, and our pass rush is the worst i've ever seen on a team. Our front seven is extremely Untalented.

Sig by Me
Old 09-30-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Doesnt a sack count as a hurry? If not, I'd take two sacks over two hurries any day
Those were purely coverage sacks

Sig by Me
Old 09-30-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Quote:
Agreed, there is absolutely nothing wrong with TJ

We do have talent, but not too much of it. I agree with Cotchery and Coles. Vilma is definetly not a stud right now, and Leon is a change of pace back, thats about it. Not mention that our D-line is absolutely horrific. They just can not control the LOS, and our pass rush is the worst i've ever seen on a team. Our front seven is extremely Untalented.
Yea I know, Vilma sucks, what was I thinking...

Old 09-30-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yea I know, Vilma sucks, what was I thinking...
He certainly isn't a stud. He isn't a dynamic player our defense. He doesn't have the ability to make plays, he is always taking on blockers instead.

Sig by Me
Old 09-30-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Quote:
He certainly isn't a stud. He isn't a dynamic player our defense. He doesn't have the ability to make plays, he is always taking on blockers instead.
Yea, I agree, he's done nothing for the Jets while on the team. He hasn't played well at all this year...

Yes, I'm being god damn sarcastic.