Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 05-09-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Next years draft?

Anybody have a wishlist? I'm gonna be honest and assume we have a top 16 pick, most likely around this years pick, maybe even a little better. Here are some scenario's.

Top 5 pick - I hope not but it's possible.
Darren McFadden - absolute beast who would dominate in our system.
Jake Long - Extremely well balanced T, but I don't know if he can play LT in the pro's. He's incredibly anyways.
Sam Baker - Finally a stud LT. USC Junior is what we wanted Tony Boselli to be.
Callais Campbell - Yes I know, that's 5 straight years Dline in the 1st. But imagine it. Campbell - Okoye - Weaver - Williams.
Kenny Phillips - One of my favorite players in the draft regardless of position, an absolute beast in every facet of the game. Plus we need a cover safety badly.

5-15 range.
Paul Oliver - I'm hoping Bennett can become a starter, but if not, Oliver is a beast.
DeSean Jackson - Big time playmaker who we need across Johnson.
Antoine Cason - See Oliver.
Glenn Dorsey - same as Campbell.
Glenn Dorsey - see Campbell.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha this is really early, I like the idea of Jake Long, but I'm fine with Spencer at LT, Long would be good for us at RT.

McFadden would be amazing.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Daonly

Offense:mcfadden

Defense: hawaiian looking LB from Usc.. Forgot his name.. Just plain sick... I rather have him over everybody else in the draft.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonly View Post
Offense:mcfadden

Defense: hawaiian looking LB from Usc.. Forgot his name.. Just plain sick... I rather have him over everybody else in the draft.
Rey Magula or whatever his name is. About 6'2+ and 245-255 pounds. He plays middle, and Demeco will always be better.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

Nightmares Win 6-0 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

long and baker are overrated and aren't worthy of being picked anywhere in the top 15, which, unfortunately, is where we will be picking...the only tackle i want next year is gaither...

other than that, we still need a playmaking safety, so phillips would be nice...maualuga would be sick, as would laurinaitis...both play mike, but i would honestly take both of them over demeco, then move him to will and play either barber or clark at sam...
Nightmares Win 6-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmares Win 6-0 View Post
long and baker are overrated and aren't worthy of being picked anywhere in the top 15, which, unfortunately, is where we will be picking...the only tackle i want next year is gaither...

other than that, we still need a playmaking safety, so phillips would be nice...maualuga would be sick, as would laurinaitis...both play mike, but i would honestly take both of them over demeco, then move him to will and play either barber or clark at sam...
Demeco is amazing. He's already proven and knows the defense. We don't ever need to move him, he makes the calls and is the leader of the D.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyway maualuga and laurinaitis sound like diseases, who wants that? Demeco is amazing, he will never be moved.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Anyway maualuga and laurinaitis sound like diseases, who wants that? Demeco is amazing, he will never be moved.
very true. If we bring in a guy whose name I can't say and move Demeco I am going to be pissed.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

Nightmares Win 6-0 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
very true. If we bring in a guy whose name I can't say and move Demeco I am going to be pissed.
demeco could easily transition to WLB, thus allowing us to get rid of greenwood and moving us further away from the casserly era of overpaid, underproducing players...other than that, i do say let demeco stay at MLB...

the way i see it, going into next off-season, we will need, in no order, RB, WR, OC, SLB, CB, and FS...still a lot of holes, but we should be able to take the BPA next year in the first, like we did this year...iirc, we have a nice amount of cap room next off-season too...

we're still two seasons away, by my estimation...
Nightmares Win 6-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:24 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmares Win 6-0 View Post

I really hope you are joking. Why would you move a player that has already proven himself at the position?

Back to the topic of drafting....I would love to see Calais Cambell. That would be a sick DL. 6'6 Mario Williams on one side and a 6'8 Cambell on the other. Our offense would still suck but that would be a scary DL full of potential. I would also love to see Kenny Phillips be picked too because Dunta cant do it all by himself. C.C and Earl are nothing special either. I think Brandon Mitchell will start over them early in the year. I think if we went offense I would rather go DeSean Jackson. McFadden would be sweet but I think having Andre Johnson in single coverage would help out more. Jackson could also help in KR just in case Mathis gets injured again. None of the LT's have ever impressed me much. They both seem like good RT's but its not worth a high pick if they cant play the left. Next years draft class is looking like one of the best in awhile.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

A LT, S, RB, WR, in that order depending on how things go this season and what moves we make in the off-season before the draft.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
A LT, S, RB, WR, in that order depending on how things go this season and what moves we make in the off-season before the draft.
I think that dependin on where we pick, my top pick changes. If it is in the top 3 I would have to go with McFadden. Take a load of off Schaub, and I think the OL can get better with Kubiak and his staff, I dont mind the OL right now, and I think they could surprise some peole this year. If it in the 4-10 ranger I would go with Calais Campbell or Long/Baker. Campbell would finish off one of the best looking DL in the league with HUGE upside. Long and Baker speak for themselves, but I would almost wait and see how our T's play this year. Winston and Spencer, see how they do with anotehr year under their belts. Thats how I would look at it right now.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
I think that dependin on where we pick, my top pick changes. If it is in the top 3 I would have to go with McFadden. Take a load of off Schaub, and I think the OL can get better with Kubiak and his staff, I dont mind the OL right now, and I think they could surprise some peole this year. If it in the 4-10 ranger I would go with Calais Campbell or Long/Baker. Campbell would finish off one of the best looking DL in the league with HUGE upside. Long and Baker speak for themselves, but I would almost wait and see how our T's play this year. Winston and Spencer, see how they do with anotehr year under their belts. Thats how I would look at it right now.
I hope if we pick in the top 3 and McFadden is still there that we get a good trade offer and trade back a few picks. I think if McFadden is on the board then there will be pretty good offers to choose from. Then choose between Kenny Phillips, DeSean Jackson, Mario Maningham, Calais Cambell, or Glenn Dorsey. If we go defense again then we could have the potential to match up with the Colts offense.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 06-04-2007 at 02:26 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

You all are going to have to address WR #2 at some point if you want to compete.

Desean Jackson, Mario Manningham, Early Doucet, and Adarius Bowman would all be great round 1 picks.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

We don't have a second round pick right? That is really a shame because we could probably grab a good receiver in the second.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
We don't have a second round pick right? That is really a shame because we could probably grab a good receiver in the second.
Thats correct. I think we are going to have one more season of having a high pick and then in 2008-2009 I think we will be able to compete for the playoffs. I still would love to see Calaias Cambell in a Texans jersey if he keeps up what he started as a sophomore.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about Barry Richardson with the 22nd pick? Or maybe Justin King @ 19.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Offense Top 5 Pick: Darren McFadden
Offense Top 15 Pick: Desean Jackson or OT (Long, Baker, Hills Jr.)

Defense: Kenny Phillips
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gchu83 View Post
Offense Top 5 Pick: Darren McFadden
Offense Top 15 Pick: Desean Jackson or OT (Long, Baker, Hills Jr.)

Defense: Kenny Phillips
I would love to see any of those players on our team except one of the OT's. It just doesnt look like a strong year for left tackles. Out of the players you named, our biggest need is by far Kenny Phillips. Our secondary is horrible. I still think we should finish what we started and pick a DL for the 5th straight year with either Dorsey or Cambell. Babin and Johnson suck and hopefully everyone knows it.

Oh yeah, I thought it was funny when I picked up Dupont Registry and Jason Babin's massive Excursion is in there and he is selling it for like $65,000
Old 07-03-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

I wouldn't take babin's excursion for free because it would probably suck like him
Old 07-05-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I wouldn't take babin's excursion for free because it would probably suck like him
Sadly Babin was our sack leader last year. How were we so bad.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Sadly Babin was our sack leader last year. How were we so bad.
Damn you Casserly!
Old 07-05-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Anyone read the article on Jacoby Jones this mornin in the paper?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

I did. I really like him a lot more now after reading it, especially the part about him wearing his saints uniform to church. I hope that he will be able to progress as quickly in the Pros as he was in college.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:23 AM    (permalink
HorusKing
Rookie

HorusKing hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

First I don't think that Houston will be picking in the top 10. I would like to see Houston draft a running back in the first round because Ahman Green is too injury prone or maybe a Safety.

1st RD. Steve Slaton - RB West Virginia