Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 05-09-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Our Newest Falcons

The more I think about it the more I LOVE this draft pick. I was VERY luke warm about it when we first selected him but man alive the more I read and the more I realize that he hasn't hardly played DE but learned SO fast how to play it effectively...this excites me. I know Boom / Bust but just think, the guy learned how to play DE in 3 years...really only 2 because in the 3rd year of the position he dominated tackles constantly and tortured QBs. I read this on NFL.com I got SO excited tell me what you guys think.

"Despite starting only 19 of 36 games at Arkansas, Anderson ranks sixth on the school's career-record list with 17 1/2 quarterback sacks and is tied for ninth with Marcus Adair (1993-95) and NFL Hall of Fame member Dan Hampton (1975-78) with 32 tackles behind the line of scrimmage. "

Uh...HALL OF FAME member Dan Hampton...it friggin made me SO excited. And to realize 32 tackles for loss in 19 games started that is an astounding rate, and just goes to show, he's better against the run after just 3 years of playing DE, as most are for their whole life.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Okay I know I titled this Jamaal Anderson, I should have just titled it our newest Falcons...cause reading stuff like this

A model of durability, consistency and versatility, Blalock set a school record by starting 51 consecutive games during his career. A big, strong, powerful drive blocker, Blalock manned the right tackle position for 44 games before shifting to right guard midway through his senior campaign. That move could become permanent at the pro level, as he proved to be a punishing drive blocker with the quickness to lead the way on sweeps.

Makes me THAT much more excited about one of my favorite picks. Again, this is from NFL.com.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this draft. I think this year, and next year's stacked '08 day-1, will be the building blocks for a successful team in the near future.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:37 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

and what better/bigger building block to begin with than Jarred Gaither! My shortent list of the main blocks required so far

LT (definatley)
RT (probably unless Quinn)
SS (probably unless daren stone)
NT (maybe unless trey lewis/anthony bryant)
Old 05-10-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

RT? You don't like Weiner?
Old 05-10-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

nah, just that Weiner is gettin up there in years and thought it might be time to look to a guy of the future, your right tho, i probably jumped the gun a bit
Old 05-10-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the start of the Offseason, to the Draft, looks like Bobby Petrino is gonna be a very good coach.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I love this draft. I think this year, and next year's stacked '08 day-1, will be the building blocks for a successful team in the near future.
I love the draft, and I think so too. Providing we have Vick as our QB. No guarentee we'd get Brohm, and even if he did, we'd need to give him a solid 3 years to become a good QB.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Brohm, he would already know the offense. It would probably only take him a year to get used to the speed of the NFL. By '09 he would be our Carson Palmer.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Yeah, if this stuff about Vick is true and he's suspended, then I want us to do whatever we have to to make that move to get Brian.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
ksfalconsfan

Im just happy to see no more coddling of Vick. Petrino and Blank seem determined to treat him as close to everyone else as possible. Hopefully it will have an affect on Vick being held accountable. I just hope it isn't too late.

Just wondering... If Vick gets suspended for a few games for the dog-fighting thing, would you guys want us to keep Vick?

I think if he is its time for him to go. A convicted felon for a franchise QB is not something I want for the Falcons.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't anybody else find it weird that ANYTIME iloxygenil says somthing he MUST capitalize it???

Seriously though, great draft for the Falcons this year, Chris Houston and Jamaal Anderson both have potential to be huge for us this year.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theres a good article on ESPN on Jamaal Anderson and it talks about how he chose his agent because his agent is also the agent of Dwight Freeney and Jason Taylor and Terrell Suggs.

"One of the reasons Anderson chose Gary Wichard to represent him is because the veteran agent's clientele includes noted pass rushers such as Dwight Freeney (Indianapolis), Jason Taylor (Miami) and Terrell Suggs (Baltimore). Wichard's clients comprise a proud fraternity that takes pride in wreaking havoc on NFL quarterbacks and in sharing secrets about how to attack pass protectors around the league. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2868445

It made me happy.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

SWEET! Man this kid is smart, he knows what circles to run in...could you imagine our very own Jason Taylor? WOOOHOOO!
Old 05-13-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Doesn't anybody else find it weird that ANYTIME iloxygenil says somthing he MUST capitalize it???

Seriously though, great draft for the Falcons this year, Chris Houston and Jamaal Anderson both have potential to be huge for us this year.
Hey...-rep for you =P lol. I can't help it and I'm NOT kidding! LOL
Old 05-17-2007, 03:23 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Yeah, if this stuff about Vick is true and he's suspended, then I want us to do whatever we have to to make that move to get Brian.
no faith in shockley?
Old 05-17-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
and what better/bigger building block to begin with than Jarred Gaither! My shortent list of the main blocks required so far

LT (definatley)
RT (probably unless Quinn)
SS (probably unless daren stone)
NT (maybe unless trey lewis/anthony bryant)
um... RT is pretty solid with Weiner under a 5 year contract... LT, NT and SS are our biggest needs though I will agree to that.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote