Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah LJ has consistently improved his run blocking for the past three years (didn't really get to show it last year) but that is one thing that we lost when he was injured, because, beleive it or not, he was our best run blocking TE. Both Celek and Schobel are imroving, so this will only help the run game.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Yeah LJ looks back to his old self not always a good thing.
He is still the best TE we've got.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
He is still the best TE we've got.
and thats why we Franchise tagged him. I don't think he gets a new deal.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

If he can play on a consistent basis at a relatively high level, the Eagles will certainly make an attempt to sign him, I beleive. whether he would accept or not is another story.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The number of quality TE's available has grown in the NFL, making the market for FA TE's less. LJ is a good option, but he is still an average blocker, which makes him less desirable across many teams. No lock that he would be sought after hardcore (like an Asante Samuel), but he could be a target of a team like Arizona.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

No way AZ goes after him, they have two very good, very young TEs in Leonard Pope and Ben Patrick. Pope is an above average NFL TE, and Patrick is challenging for that job, in part due to his good run blocking. He is also a very good receiving TE as well. I remeber when he was coming out, I figured he could be the best TE in that class, (the one where the Bears took the TE form Miami [names again]) but he ended up dropping way lower than expected for some reason, i think it was an injury concern, and AZ got him in the 6th I believe. I know the nephew of Ben Patrick's old coach at Delaware, KC Keeler, and had a lot of inside info on the guy, and I knew that he would be successful in the NFL. I do agree with your assessment that TEs aren't valued as high though.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Yeah LJ has consistently improved his run blocking for the past three years (didn't really get to show it last year) but that is one thing that we lost when he was injured, because, beleive it or not, he was our best run blocking TE. Both Celek and Schobel are imroving, so this will only help the run game.
No, the most important thing we lost with LJ going down was a red zone safety valve for McNabb. Our red zone offense was completely useless once he went down.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:23 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
No, the most important thing we lost with LJ going down was a red zone safety valve for McNabb. Our red zone offense was completely useless once he went down.
I didn't say his run blocking was most important, I just said his run blocking was one thing we lost when he was injured last year. Our red zone offense was the most important thing we lsost, I agree wiht you there, as does pretty much everyone else. But even though he isn't a great run blocker, he is the best of our TEs, and losing his blocking did have a minor effect. I remember you said you play/ed TE, and you have to agree that his run blocking, though he isn't exactly Jason Witten in temrs of blocking, is the best of our TEs. And as a result of that, the run game had to either be altered to cover up that weakness, or was less effective in runs toward the TE or ones where the TE had certain blocking responsibilities.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Damn people, lets get some activity here. Tons to talk about. We are playing Dallas this week and no one is pumped about that? I know you people have lives but they can't be that good. Can they? Can they? ;).

Old 09-10-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn people, lets get some activity here. Tons to talk about. We are playing Dallas this week and no one is pumped about that? I know you people have lives but they can't be that good. Can they? Can they? ;).
I don't think they are. I think the Eagles match up very well against the Cowboys, especially with the addition of Asante Samuel and a healthy Brian Dawkins. I'm sure Lito will get his regular Cowboys INT as well.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude I can't freakin wait til Monday, I get chills whenever I think about it.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:27 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I don't think they are. I think the Eagles match up very well against the Cowboys, especially with the addition of Asante Samuel and a healthy Brian Dawkins. I'm sure Lito will get his regular Cowboys INT as well.
I agree. In some of our Nickel packages we truly have the best matchups Dallas will face all year. Lito is on TO, JJ said he will se a lot of time lined up on him, and Asante, in some situations, will be on Crayton, while Sheldon will be on Witten. Granted we will not be in man situations like this much, but with our zone coverage our defnese will have a lot of responsibilities like this. Dawk will also have opportunites on Witten and Barber. Our D-line is one of the few that could pressure Romo on a consisitent basis.

Plus Dallas' best CB (Newman) is hurt and for some reaon or another, Henry has a history of playing horribly against the Eagles. Pacman is an average CB right now (because of missing the last year +) until he gets the ball in his hands, and then he is dangerous. Plus Roy Williams will do his usual "oops" coverage, and Hamlin, though he is very good, is a SS playing FS, because of the dangers of having Roy in coverage. Our receivers could have good days potentially, as long as Donovan gets time. The lines will, as always, be crucial. If Donovan has time, he can exploit the secondary, and with the O-line we have, we have a great shot at keeping them at bay. Westy could potentially have a big day as well, as he will have the most opportunities with the ball I think. The old addage "get the ball in the hands of your best players" will hold true here, and there is no doubt he is our best weapon. We may see increeased roles from Booker as well, especially with Curtis and Brown being out. I think his role last week was restricted because they didn't want to show Dallas much, if anything.

I expect this to be a very close game. It could be an NFC East shootout, meaning a score that doesn't necessarily lead you to beleive it was a shootout, say 27-24. It could also be a defnesive battle with both defenses outperforming the offenses and a score like 16-13. The way this game will be played will be shown early.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:24 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Im hoping to see more Clemons/ Smith on the field to keep the the rush consistent. Plus if we are in the nickel so much why not throw Gocong in there at end as well.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

We may see some of that, but Smith may not be on the active roster.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't putting Clemons and Smith on the line simultaneously put the Eagles at risk in the running game, particularly against the large Cowboys OLine? We have to be very careful with our personnel matchups.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 09-11-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

I never said they had to be on the field at the same time. Also im assuming that they would mostly be in for passing situations. But your right about the size mismatch it would be nice to have Victor for this game.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 09-11-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I was just saying that I'm not sure that they can hold up in run protection. Abiamiri would be a welcome addition as a run anchor, but he's not available. Oh well...

Old 09-12-2008, 07:16 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I can't wait until he gets back and is a big contributor for the defense.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:15 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well its gameday guys. Eagles/Cowboys, my favorite rivalry. Anyone else think this is going to be a great game. One of my friends is a Cowboy fan and he told me he expects this game to be so good he almost doesn't care who wins. Me and him are gonna watch the game tonight and we are rpobably goig to kill eachother if it is as good as it looks like it will be.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care if it's the best game in the history of the league, if we don't win I'm gonna be pissed. lol.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I don't care if it's the best game in the history of the league, if we don't win I'm gonna be pissed. lol.
Me too, but I will be so excited if we win as well.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:05 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

Consedine's play yesterday was just like Michael Lewis' two years ago against the saints when he lost his starting job. Why didnt we put Demps on Defense at all? JP was generating no rush at all. I only saw Clemons on kickoff so I dont know if he could have made an impact on D. As soon as I saw Consedine on the field I called Dallas attacking him and they did on Owens' first TD. Finally Consedine is the new Dhani Jones for the eagles where you hold your breath everytime the ball is in the air near him or whenever a ball carrier comes at him.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 09-16-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

A couple quotes from GCobb.com
1) I’m demanding an answer on this one. I want to know straight from Andy Reid and the coaches: What is it you see in Sean Considine? Is he really funny in the locker room or something? Please, tell me. I just don’t see it. Get Demps out there pronto.

2)I don't even need to say anything about Sean Considine. He's always at the scene of the crime. Every time the other team has a big play, Considine is nearby. It's like he's working as an extra in other players highlight films.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 09-17-2008, 07:25 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
Consedine's play yesterday was just like Michael Lewis' two years ago against the saints when he lost his starting job. Why didnt we put Demps on Defense at all? JP was generating no rush at all. I only saw Clemons on kickoff so I dont know if he could have made an impact on D. As soon as I saw Consedine on the field I called Dallas attacking him and they did on Owens' first TD. Finally Consedine is the new Dhani Jones for the eagles where you hold your breath everytime the ball is in the air near him or whenever a ball carrier comes at him.
To begin, I agree that Considine played poorly. But Considine doesn't have a starting job anymore. He is our 3rd S to come in during game situations. I think he is in because Dawk has lost a step and they are bringing in Considine so Dawk won't have to cover so much of the field.

Demps wasn't in because he was a rookie, and though he has the great playmaking ability, he was consistently burnt in preseason games. It wouldn't have been any better with Demps in there. In fact, Demps' coverage right now may not be as good as Considine's. He showed a lot in camp, and has shown some positive thigns in the preseason, but also showed that he can not be trusted in coverage just yet.

The Eagles didn't have much of a rush, but that is because the D got beat deep early in the game, and usually when that happens, JJ will bring less (key word) blitzes in order to have better coverage. I don't know the percentages of how much we blitzed on Monday, but I would bet it is less than what or average is. We were getting the rush, it just wasn't getting to Romo. I don't know why Clemons wasn't brought in for defensive plays, but maybe the Eagles figured because of his lack of size he would just get dominated by either Tackle for Dallas, as both have good size.

I agree with what you have bolded, but Considine isn't a starter anymore, and will only be in for situations that require 6 DBs, him being the 6th. we won't see him nearly as much, unless Q would get hurt. Another thing to consider, Considine was injured (granted it was his hand and that shouldn't effect coverage) and maybe that had some sort of mental block or whatever going on in his head.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:33 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
A couple quotes from GCobb.com
1) I’m demanding an answer on this one. I want to know straight from Andy Reid and the coaches: What is it you see in Sean Considine? Is he really funny in the locker room or something? Please, tell me. I just don’t see it. Get Demps out there pronto.

2)I don't even need to say anything about Sean Considine. He's always at the scene of the crime. Every time the other team has a big play, Considine is nearby. It's like he's working as an extra in other players highlight films.
1. Hey, we were all (not everyone, but a vast majority) saying in Mach and April this year, "NO DeSean Jackson!!!" Look how that has turned out. Maybe we need to hate our draft picks at first or something, because Donovan has become great and DeSean looks like he can do the same. Like I said before, Demps wouldn't be an upgrade, plus Considine is more physical (hard to say that, but its true). We will only see Demps on the defense in situations where the game is over, or unless we get injuries to our Safeties.

2. It seems as though you are saying this guy has never done anything productive in his career. I agree he gives up plays, but he prevents them as well and makes some, but some of us only dwell on the negative. h season as a starter, he gave up ZERO TDs. That in itself is an amazing accomplishment. I beleive he was a rookie that year as well, playing SS, when he is a natural FS. I don't think this would be nearly as big of a deal if the game had gone the toher way, and it may not have even been brought up at all.