Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thumper, what are your thoughts on Gocong? For or against? Judging by what you said in the favorite Eagles thread I think I may not be alone in my support of him...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:13 AM    (permalink
ljk2171
Rookie

ljk2171 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm with you on Gocong as well. He is still learning the position and has been solid, while still improving. I really like out linebackers and defense on the whole. I'm probably one of the few that is not torn apart from the Dwakins departure as well. He was one of my favorite Eagles of all time, but when it gets to the point that you have to disguise a player within your defense, it might be time to move on.
ljk2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:05 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljk2171 View Post
I'm with you on Gocong as well. He is still learning the position and has been solid, while still improving. I really like out linebackers and defense on the whole. I'm probably one of the few that is not torn apart from the Dwakins departure as well. He was one of my favorite Eagles of all time, but when it gets to the point that you have to disguise a player within your defense, it might be time to move on.
I agree about Dawk, I really was upset that he's not around, and it ruined my night/next day when he signed. But from a pure football aspect is where i am not as dissapointed. Its his overall leadership and mentality that I love about him, along wtih his personality...

Old 03-05-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I don't even know who that is, I'd rather draft a TE, who is most likely younger and has more potential...
I didn't want to sign Heller to be a starter but rather a 3rd stringer behind Celek and Pettigrew, so we don't have to draft 2 tight ends, and have an excuse to cut Schobel.
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

If we draft Pettigrew, we may just keep Schoebel, he is the most vertical threat of the three TEs. Or we could take a guy in the late rounds who could do similar things who would be cheaper. I knew you didn't mean as a starter, but since he's a FA he's probably at least 27 years old already and I'd rather have a younger guy in there who has more upside, or keep a guy who already is familiar with the offense. We saw how that worked out with Kris Wilson last year...

Old 03-05-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Greg Lewis was Traded to the Patriots, along with one of our later round picks and a conditional pick next year as well. Saw it on ESPN can't find any details or specifics, and don't really feel like looking...

Old 03-05-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Jones visiting the eagles tomorrow, thank God. He better not leave without a contact.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=17506
Old 03-05-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I would really, really like this signing...A LOT. I'm surprised he's even available, and this is a situation like Dallas had with Hamlin, getting a very good safety late into the FA process. If he is signed, I think that means Mikell is moved to FS. Do we have a confirmation that Springs was indeed signed? I know a press conference was scheduled but I don't think there has been a contract yet... I would love this signing...

Old 03-05-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

It was reported Springs was signed by the Pats... Good, they can have him, I'd like Jones and Mikell better than Mikell and Spring 100 times out of 100.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Greg Lewis was Traded to the Patriots, along with one of our later round picks and a conditional pick next year as well. Saw it on ESPN can't find any details or specifics, and don't really feel like looking...
Lewis and our 2010 7th rounder to the Pats for this year's 5th. Works with me.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I still can't beleive we were able to get something back for him...

Old 03-05-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles brought in Sean Jones for a visit. He is a solid safety who is a good veteran pick-up. I think he might even be competing for a starting job at SS if Mikell moves to FS.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Lewis and our 2010 7th rounder to the Pats for this year's 5th. Works with me.
WOW the eagles sure worked the hell out of that deal. I wish we would have traded Reggie Brown instead, but his contract is what turns teams off.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thumper, what are your thoughts on Gocong? For or against? Judging by what you said in the favorite Eagles thread I think I may not be alone in my support of him...
He is highly athletic and I believe he had a 40+ inch vertical at his proday and he has all the ability in the world. Also I love his ability against the run he really stood out in the playoffs and I noticed him sealing the edges off, taking on multiple blockers, cutting through the trash and making the initial hit. He will only get better because he is young and he is still making the transition from DE. I have high hopes for him. Not that good against the pass but he is improving.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
If we draft Pettigrew, we may just keep Schoebel, he is the most vertical threat of the three TEs. Or we could take a guy in the late rounds who could do similar things who would be cheaper. I knew you didn't mean as a starter, but since he's a FA he's probably at least 27 years old already and I'd rather have a younger guy in there who has more upside, or keep a guy who already is familiar with the offense. We saw how that worked out with Kris Wilson last year...
After the Bears game, I don't want anything to do with Schobel. No lie, I would've cut him the very next day
Old 03-05-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
I'm shocked we got anything
Old 03-05-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Eagles brought in Sean Jones for a visit. He is a solid safety who is a good veteran pick-up. I think he might even be competing for a starting job at SS if Mikell moves to FS.
Wow, the team must not be as confident with Demps as I thought. I really wanted to see how Demps would do by himself, because this likely means Mikell is moving over if he signs

Last edited by twista6002 : 03-05-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Jones had a really good season two seasons ago. Last season was a bit of a dissapointment from him, but his run support was still good. He is definitely better than Michael Lewis in coverage, and he would benefit from having our kind of pass rush.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
He is highly athletic and I believe he had a 40+ inch vertical at his proday and he has all the ability in the world. Also I love his ability against the run he really stood out in the playoffs and I noticed him sealing the edges off, taking on multiple blockers, cutting through the trash and making the initial hit. He will only get better because he is young and he is still making the transition from DE. I have high hopes for him. Not that good against the pass but he is improving.
If only some other guys could look at Gocong the way you and I see him... He is an unfinished product that is a very good player already. Once he refines his pass coverage, or even works with it a bit, he will be a mainstay with Bradley at LB...

Old 03-05-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
If only some other guys could look at Gocong the way you and I see him... He is an unfinished product that is a very good player already. Once he refines his pass coverage, or even works with it a bit, he will be a mainstay with Bradley at LB...
And Akeem Jordan should be a mainstay as well. We have better linebackers than most people give us credit for
Old 03-05-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
After the Bears game, I don't want anything to do with Schobel. No lie, I would've cut him the very next day
But if we would draft Pettigrew, Schoebel will never be in a situation like that again... and He is our most vertical thread of our TEs, which is valuable in its own right. If we can find a similar player late in the draft, I'm all for replacing him, but not a guy who has laready been in the league and isn't an outstanding player (to say the least) anyway.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And Akeem Jordan should be a mainstay as well. We have better linebackers than most people give us credit for
Agreed, I'm not sure what the coaching staff is going to do though at WILL. I think Jordan will stay and will laso make a name for himself. With these three I can imagine the days when mock drafts have literally no chance of a LB in the first few rounds... Sheer beauty!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
But if we would draft Pettigrew, Schoebel will never be in a situation like that again... and He is our most vertical thread of our TEs, which is valuable in its own right. If we can find a similar player late in the draft, I'm all for replacing him, but not a guy who has laready been in the league and isn't an outstanding player (to say the least) anyway.
Celek is a better vertical threat than Schobel. And basically the way I see tight ends, he should be a great blocker, and any receiving is gravy. Nothing wrong with signing Heller and having a competition with him and Schobel for the 3rd TE spot.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Wow, the team must not be as confident with Demps as I thought. I really wanted to see how Demps would do by himself, because this likely means Mikell is moving over if he signs
Yea I know, I was under the assumption the team really liked what they saw out of him as well. I still think Mikell will be a beast at FS, and Jones is going to be a good player for the Eagles if we sign him...

Old 03-05-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

They might just be thinking they'll keep Demps at KR